PDA

View Full Version : Voitlander....remind anyone of someone!!!!

BisoninNWMN
09-09-2008, 12:53 AM
Matt Voitlander reminds me of Kyle Steffes.

About the same size and hits the hole hard and fast.....I think he hits the hole faster than anyone on the team. PP and DJ are good but do a lot of dancing around....slide laterally and sometimes get tackled behind the line.

The way he runs reminds me of Steffes. He looks good...sometimes better than the other 2. He's 4th string or 3rd...but I bet he keeps the other 2 on their game.

What's everyones opinion??

Not bashing PP or DJ but MV looks better at hitting the hole.

tjbison
09-09-2008, 12:55 AM
Pat and DJ, are a great switch from Roehl and the Power head to head running, it keeps teams on their toes. It nice to see just when they get used to hitting Tyler straight on in pops PP and gives them a juke, but yes Voitlander is/will be a very good back!!

A1pigskin
09-09-2008, 01:02 AM
I agree. I was impressed with his play and power. Our running game over the next four years should be strong since he is RFr. :D :D :D

RunDMc34
09-09-2008, 01:12 AM
A little kid in front of me said, "Dad Kyle Steffes is back" funniest damn thing ever.

That said my boy Joe Mays (DJ McNorton) just needs to take it up in the hole a little harder and he will be fine. PP and DJ are slightly different backs than Roehl and Voit which is a good thing in my mind. I still think DJ is one of the best #3 RBs in the country and i will take him for a TD vs the Cowboys

Scooter1
09-09-2008, 01:42 AM
I'm glad he's a Bison, but DJ is a ahead of him in my book. Sure Voitlander had more yards than McNorton last game but, DJ had to stop running on two of his because he had scored. My money is still on DJ, he's going to be something special.

Next year we will have Paschall, Voitlander, McNorton and Blincoe back.

IBleedYellow
09-09-2008, 02:41 AM
I really miss Pete Blincoe, hope I'm not the only person who thinks that?

Bisonguy
09-09-2008, 02:51 AM
I really miss Pete Blincoe, hope I'm not the only person who thinks that?

You're not the only one. :nod:

Mr. Burgundy
09-09-2008, 03:06 AM
I am not being Lakes and namedropping...but I was talking to Tyler a month or two ago, and specifically asked him about DJ. He said DJ is special...and will make some amazing runs, but he was very clear that we shouldn't forget about a kid named "VOIT" that will remind people of Steffes. He said that he won't miss a block and will run you over. He just said the future is bright. Tyler is a great kid.

BisoninNWMN
09-09-2008, 03:19 AM
I am not being Lakes and namedropping...but I was talking to Tyler a month or two ago, and specifically asked him about DJ. He said DJ is special...and will make some amazing runs, but he was very clear that we shouldn't forget about a kid named "VOIT" that will remind people of Steffes. He said that he won't miss a block and will run you over. He just said the future is bright. Tyler is a great kid.

Exactly....I think he will give PP and DJ a run for #1 next yr.

Hope he gets more pt this yr.

Of the 3...he hits the hole faster and harder.

RunDMc34
09-09-2008, 03:29 AM
I for one dont really miss Pete Blincoe, no offense to Pete but hes by far the worst of the 5 rbs we would have. He very little as a bRB down in Brookings last year for us.

HerdBot
09-09-2008, 04:53 AM
Matt Voitlander reminds me of Kyle Steffes.

About the same size and hits the hole hard and fast.....I think he hits the hole faster than anyone on the team. PP and DJ are good but do a lot of dancing around....slide laterally and sometimes get tackled behind the line.

The way he runs reminds me of Steffes. He looks good...sometimes better than the other 2. He's 4th string or 3rd...but I bet he keeps the other 2 on their game.

What's everyones opinion??

Not bashing PP or DJ but MV looks better at hitting the hole.

Clearly the coaching staff thinks highly of him if they are letting him play as a redshirt freshman and return kicks so he has some ability. He has quietly put up some really good numbers running behind a backup line. It's hard to judge on the limited playing time he has seen but 15 carries for 107 yards and 7.1 ypc is pretty darn good. He doesn't seem as flashy as DJ and won't make a flashy play, but he hits the hole faster and initiates contact. I saw him on a kickoff return and he lowed his shoulder and knocked a defender on his ass. Seems to be really strong. My gut tells me he could be better than DJ this year because he hits the hole faster and I think he's got better straight line speed. Reminds me of Steffes too. However I think DJ has more long term potential to be a playmaker. He's got moves you can't teach.

SlickVic
09-09-2008, 08:16 AM
dont see steffes style in him at all he looks like a good back but his numbers are mostly in mop up time i wonder how much we'll see of him the rest of this year but hopefully he starts against indiana state ;)

BisoninNWMN
09-10-2008, 01:50 AM
dont see steffes style in him at all he looks like a good back but his numbers are mostly in mop up time i wonder how much we'll see of him the rest of this year but hopefully he starts against indiana state ;)

We'll see him before Ind State

imported_Bisongold
09-10-2008, 02:03 AM
I like him...nothing fancy...just gets the job done. Looks easy for him. I agree that he reminds me of Steffes in his stature.