PDA

View Full Version : Dome expansion Approved!

bisongirl
09-09-2008, 12:12 AM
The city commission approved the basketball dome expansion 4-1 just a few minutes ago!

A1pigskin
09-09-2008, 12:24 AM
Is this for seat expansion or a new addition for basketball?

tjbison
09-09-2008, 12:24 AM
For football or BB:p

Anyways thats cool, now whats the next hurdle, NDSU share of the money? or will this go to public vote(:hide: )

bisongirl
09-09-2008, 12:25 AM
For Basketball!

tjbison
09-09-2008, 12:28 AM
For Basketball!

I know I was kidding on the FB remark!!

A1pigskin
09-09-2008, 12:30 AM
I was hoping for seat expansion.

Bisonguy
09-09-2008, 01:07 AM
Awesome. I'll be even more excited when NDSU announces they have the funding.

roadwarrior
09-09-2008, 01:07 AM
The basketball arena is MUCH more important than adding seats for football at this point in time! The vote was no surprise, now let's hope we find the folks to come up with the necessary cash to get it done.

imabison
09-09-2008, 01:18 AM
The basketball arena is MUCH more important than adding seats for football at this point in time! The vote was no surprise, now let's hope we find the folks to come up with the necessary cash to get it done.
I mentioned that on Saturday afternoon, and the others seems to think it was well on its way.

I do not think they would have brought it to a vote, if NDSU was not ready to make an announcement. Perhaps the donor wanted the city fathers to approve it prior to the final committment.

99Bison
09-09-2008, 01:49 AM
Fund raising is supposed to START in Oct for this...

Gully
09-09-2008, 02:59 AM
Great news, even if it was just a formality. Maybe they're working on the deal and will announce it over homecoming?

Trim
09-09-2008, 01:40 PM
So, is this like the official vote they need? Seems like it has been a pretty low key response. I didn't even see anything on the news. How about the Dome authority? Did they approve yet? I don't remember seeing anything.

imabison
09-09-2008, 02:06 PM
So, is this like the official vote they need? Seems like it has been a pretty low key response. I didn't even see anything on the news. How about the Dome authority? Did they approve yet? I don't remember seeing anything.
There is a mention about 3/4 of the way thru this article.

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/ind...7&section=news

Our favorite commissioner voted against it...

The commission also voted 4-1 to give NDSU the go-ahead to continue its search for a sponsor for naming rights for a proposed $30 million, 6,000-seat arena addition for the Fargodome.

NDSU and Fargo Dome Authority officials said the commission’s OK to release the naming rights was key to helping NDSU find a sponsor and come up with its $15 million share of the cost.

Commissioner Mike Williams voted against the move, saying that if the project goes ahead and the city takes its $15 million share of the costs from the dome’s escrow fund, future needed work at the dome could be put in jeopardy.

One would think that this is the final go ahead if NDSU comes up with the cash. Dome authority had sent it to the commission.

Trim
09-09-2008, 02:44 PM
Thanks ima. I did see that in the other thread. I just thought there'd be a lot more fanfare/outcry/celebration over this.

I for one am very, very happy. Now we just need some money. Get your checkbooks out!

Bison bison
09-09-2008, 03:33 PM
how's this trim?

HOLY F'N SH%T! THE CITY APPROVED THE ARENA!!!!

:) :) :)

:D :D :D

:p :p :p

http://www.selmanc.info/imageshomepage/fireworks.jpg

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/img/2007/national/2609_bikini_lg.jpg

imabison
09-09-2008, 04:03 PM
As Trim said "Get your Checkbook out" its up to NDSU now to come up with their share of the financing.

Trim
09-09-2008, 04:48 PM
NDB2 - Thank you. That's what I was looking for.

I'm still pinching myself. Just not quite ready to believe it yet. Not until Road comes on here and says it's a done deal! ;)

roadwarrior
09-09-2008, 05:55 PM
I'll say it's a done deal when the city commission awards the construction contract.

BisoninNWMN
09-10-2008, 01:55 AM
Mike Williams voting against something for NDSU.....what a frickin shock:D :D

Stick to his "green projects".....

GO BISON

90BISON
09-16-2008, 03:07 AM

Road, if you just implement Slick's proposal and provide the necessary seed money, it's as good as done.:D