PDA

View Full Version : SDSU blows out Youngstown

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-07-2008, 02:30 PM
SDSU 40, Youngstown 7. Either the Jacks are going to be tough this year or Youngstown is going to be weak.

Bison101
09-07-2008, 04:10 PM
SDSU 40, Youngstown 7. Either the Jacks are going to be tough this year or Youngstown is going to be weak.

I think it'll be the latter.

Blue
09-07-2008, 04:31 PM
I think it'll be the latter.
I'll take both. YSU went through 3 qb changes in the game and our defense was solid. Next week against Western Illinois will be the real test so far.

BisonAccountant44
09-07-2008, 04:46 PM

I checked out a Youngstown message board after I saw that score, and it seams they also pulled a MN/MI and switched to a spread type offense this year without the right personel in place to run it.

IBleedYellow
09-07-2008, 04:55 PM
Wow, nice job to SDSU for winning their first MVFC game!!!

Click for Article (http://www.mvc-sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=39013&SPID=2899&DB_OEM_ID=7600&ATCLID=1576911)

Congratz Jacks!

Tatanka
09-07-2008, 05:19 PM
Well done bunnies.

jimmyjack
09-07-2008, 05:59 PM
I checked out a Youngstown message board after I saw that score, and it seams they also pulled a MN/MI and switched to a spread type offense this year without the right personel in place to run it.

Bingo.

YSU's vaunted front 7 was pretty ineffective (we heard a lot about how they'd held Ohio State to field goals five times the week before). I'll give our offensive line credit for our 500 yards of offense. And our defensive line had their QBs running for their lives all night, even posting a safety. YSU managed just 200 yards and two first downs in the first half.

We'll know a lot more about how good the Jacks are after next week's Beef Bowl matchup against Western Illinois. We took them to four overtimes in Macomb last year.

Bisonguy
09-07-2008, 07:16 PM
Duplicate Thread Merged

TheBisonator
09-07-2008, 11:49 PM
I bet SD4ever is crying in his sippy cup...:D

X-Factor
09-08-2008, 12:30 AM
great win for SDSU. WIU will be a great test next week and that should also be another home game for the Jacks since they played WIU away last year.

sambini
09-08-2008, 03:25 AM
Nice win Jacks++++

GradBison
09-08-2008, 01:39 PM
Congrats Jacks. See you at The Dome :)

KC Bison
09-10-2008, 12:58 AM
Jimmy, I don't think YSU can take much credit for their play against Ohio St. Yes, they had 5 field goals but they also had 3 touchdowns. Ohio St. outgained them something like 500 yds to 75 yds. Ohio St. was up 26-0 at the half and coasted in 43-0. They used 3 qbs and never punted during the game. I wouldn't find much to be excited about if I was from YSU. YSU was 3-3 last year in the Gateway so I don't think there is that much to be excited about in beating them.

A1pigskin
09-10-2008, 01:14 AM
Bunnies!!! They are worthless unless you're really hungry, then a #2 trap works good.

JackJD
09-10-2008, 03:53 AM
Bunnies!!! They are worthless unless you're really hungry, then a #2 trap works good.

I think someone said something like that early last November but no one has said that since the end of November, 2007.

In any event, back to the topic: Not sure about the reason but Youngstown's 'starting' quarterback, Todd Rowan, has left the team. Actually, he started against Ohio State and SDSU but in the SDSU game, YSU tried three different quarterbacks. Here's a link to a story about Rowan leaving the team: http://guinzone.com/

NDSU will find that YSU has athletic ability but they'll suffer from not having a leader on the field. NDSU should roll over the Penguins.

RowdyRabbit
09-10-2008, 03:59 AM
I think someone said something like that early last November but no one has said that since the end of November, 2007.

In any event, back to the topic: Not sure about the reason but Youngstown's 'starting' quarterback, Todd Rowan, has left the team. Actually, he started against Ohio State and SDSU but in the SDSU game, YSU tried three different quarterbacks. Here's a link to a story about Rowan leaving the team: http://guinzone.com/

NDSU will find that YSU has athletic ability but they'll suffer from not having a leader on the field. NDSU should roll over the Penguins.

That definitely has to be a shocker for the team and fans(I think?). They are definitely calling for heads though over on the YSU board.