PDA

View Full Version : Maybe AP wasn't that bad afterall...

Scooter1
09-07-2008, 11:08 AM
AP went into Georgia Southern's house and was leading in the third quarter.
A four yard drive and a thirty yarder did them in in the fouth. 20-34 is a lot closer than I thought this game was going to be.

roadwarrior
09-07-2008, 11:13 AM
Whoever puts the scores of other games up on the Fargodome boards should be fired. First they had UNI playing SDSU, but really they were playing USD. Then they had Austin Peay defeating Georgia Southern.

Swaghook
09-07-2008, 12:11 PM
A four yard drive and a thirty yarder did them in in the fouth. 20-34 is a lot closer than I thought this game was going to be.

Or else GSU is really that bad this year again.:smh: How long before their fans demand the triple O back and a new head coach?

56BISON73
09-07-2008, 01:26 PM
Whoever puts the scores of other games up on the Fargodome boards should be fired. First they had UNI playing SDSU, but really they were playing USD. Then they had Austin Peay defeating Georgia Southern.

Plus with all the games that were played all they did was rehash the same 5 or 6 games . Geeez I guess they are too worried about selling the advertisement space than showing D 1 football scores. Really pathetic. PL

Bison"FANatic"
09-07-2008, 01:46 PM

I saw that to. I was like holy cow AP beat Georgia southern. Then I got home and was watching ESPN and saw the real score come across the bottom.:smh: :smh: AP played them a lot tougher than I ever expected them to.

56BISON73
09-07-2008, 02:05 PM
ORrrrrr May be GS isnt really that good ???? PL

stevdock
09-07-2008, 02:09 PM
Georgia Southern is a very young team this year. Mainly comprising of redshirt freshman and sophmores from what the GSU people are saying. They are also saying that they will be happy going 6-6 this year, but they were counting this APU game as a guaranteed win. They definitely aren't as strong as in past years, but they are building again to get back to the top quickly.

BisonNeil
09-07-2008, 03:20 PM
And how good are the bunnies? Wow, pounding YSU like 40-7!! Maybe YSU isn't as good as advertised?

And what is S Ill doing getting pushed that hard by a MEAC team?

This is a crazy year already.

HerdBot
09-07-2008, 05:45 PM

I was thinking the same thing.

90BISON
09-07-2008, 07:44 PM
And how good are the bunnies? Wow, pounding YSU like 40-7!! Maybe YSU isn't as good as advertised?

And what is S Ill doing getting pushed that hard by a MEAC team?

This is a crazy year already.

The SDSU / YSU score is the one that really shocked me as well. Maybe YSU's pounding by Ohio State was't as big a deal as it seemed at the time, especially since they struggled with Ohio U yesterday. I was wondering how many people on here that thought YSU could potentially be one of our losses this year want to change their predictions now?, maybe to WIU instead?

stevdock
09-08-2008, 02:41 AM
Yes I agree about the score of the SDSU game. That's insane. Never expected that. As far as the SIU Hampton game goes, that score didn't surprise me a whole lot as Hampton had a pretty good team coming back this year. The UNI USD game also shocked me though. I'm assuming that is the same crappy team that they always have down in USD where we can put up 40 in our sleep against them. UNI if they are for real should have just hammered that team. Yes USD's record has gotten better the last few years but I think that's because of less competition, mainly 2 less conference teams that were almost every year much better than then.

Green-N-Gold
09-08-2008, 03:18 PM
Ohio State will most likely got hammered by USC this weekend. I had been looking forward to this game. After watching OSU this weekend, it could be ugly.

BisBison
09-09-2008, 02:06 AM

My thoughts as well. Same games over and over and then wrong. Geez If I was Vaaler Ins., I would insist on a quality product or I wouldn't support the Valler Ins Scoreboard.

BisoninNWMN
09-09-2008, 02:10 AM
Yes I agree about the score of the SDSU game. That's insane. Never expected that. As far as the SIU Hampton game goes, that score didn't surprise me a whole lot as Hampton had a pretty good team coming back this year. The UNI USD game also shocked me though. I'm assuming that is the same crappy team that they always have down in USD where we can put up 40 in our sleep against them. UNI if they are for real should have just hammered that team. Yes USD's record has gotten better the last few years but I think that's because of less competition, mainly 2 less conference teams that were almost every year much better than then.

USD has an exceptional qb.....whole offense. They will struggle thru their transition.

Bison should schedule them :D

HerdBot
09-09-2008, 03:53 AM

USD is a decent team. It's a big game on their schedule, especially since they can't go to the playoffs and they play 3 D-3 teams at home. Early season strange things happen. I mean, Austin Peay almost beat Georgia Southern.

KC Bison
09-09-2008, 02:18 PM
YSU was 3-3 in the MV last year (this years name) so why were they expected to be the hot team in the league? I don't think this means that SDSU is so great, rather than YSU isn't as good as some people thought they were.