PDA

View Full Version : Injuries

bisondad
09-07-2008, 03:15 AM
What is everybody hearing on injuries? Roehl, Ebel, Henry? others???

HerdBot
09-07-2008, 03:21 AM

Radio... Roehl ankle sprain tbd... Ebel knee 3 weeks tentatively.... the rest are ok... cyrus lemon hip pointer

WYOBISONMAN
09-07-2008, 04:23 AM
McFeely's blog has a complete run down on what is known at this time about the injuries. This is not good going into the Wyoming game....

http://www.areavoices.com/mcfeely/

DIBISON
09-07-2008, 05:15 AM
Possible that four starters could be out of the Wyoming game.

56BISON73
09-07-2008, 05:20 AM
I couldnt figure out why he kept so many starters in the game with a 40 point lead??????? PL

WYOBISONMAN
09-07-2008, 05:24 AM
I couldnt figure out why he kept so many starters in the game with a 40 point lead??????? PL

I was wondering the same thing, but maybe it was to get the backups some reps with Mertens so they would be better prepared for duty ay WYO should they be needed......but it puzzled the hell out of me too.....

bisoneer
09-07-2008, 05:42 AM
Rohl got his 100 then went out, we didnt see the injury per se, but he did not need any help off the field so dont think it is real serious. Mertens looked good again as did Kohl, Jangula, Rohl, Mc Norton and other back (name?). Def. played well, they had some really fast backs. We blocked a punt and on the play thier punter got whacked from behind pretty bad after the TD, no call as he got rolled into the net close to the GP. Fun game in 1st half, second half a sleeper.

NDSUFan_Sav
09-07-2008, 06:00 AM
Rohl got his 100 then went out, we didnt see the injury per se, but he did not need any help off the field so dont think it is real serious. Mertens looked good again as did Kohl, Jangula, Rohl, Mc Norton and other back (name?). Def. played well, they had some really fast backs. We blocked a punt and on the play thier punter got whacked from behind pretty bad after the TD, no call as he got rolled into the net close to the GP. Fun game in 1st half, second half a sleeper.

#2 Paschall that who you thinking of?

HerdBot
09-07-2008, 06:35 AM

Wow! We have lots of depth but this is the worst possible scenario! Important spots too! LT, MLB, SS, RB, and backup SS and MLB. This is where depth makes a team. A good opportunity for someone to step up.

Go_Herd
09-07-2008, 06:36 AM

I was thinking the same thing in the third quarter, and then I came with this. Well it would be nice to rest them...yet again it would be better to get 'game time reps' with the grueling schedule ahead. See what formations work, what type of plays a certain team of guys are good at executing. Heck when you think of the game last week and this week they really don't have that much game-time 'togetherness' (now that's a 1:37 AM word) yet.

Also Mertens while he had a good game...he also through a few incompletions in a row during the third quarter. I was thinking to myself well you can't take him out after a bad series...especially heading into Wyoming week. It would be best to leave him in until after a good series so his confidence stays high.

Mr. Burgundy
09-07-2008, 02:48 PM
Tyler Roehl is going to be perfect.
LT is concerning, but I think Arent (sp?) will be ready, as they were in a heated battle. SS is a concern, hopefully Lemon is ready.

WYOMING IS A HUGE GAME (thank you captain obvious)...we need this one BAD!!! GO BISON.

Bison"FANatic"
09-07-2008, 03:09 PM
I was thinking the same thing in the third quarter, and then I came with this. Well it would be nice to rest them...yet again it would be better to get 'game time reps' with the grueling schedule ahead. See what formations work, what type of plays a certain team of guys are good at executing. Heck when you think of the game last week and this week they really don't have that much game-time 'togetherness' (now that's a 1:37 AM word) yet.

Also Mertens while he had a good game...he also through a few incompletions in a row during the third quarter. I was thinking to myself well you can't take him out after a bad series...especially heading into Wyoming week. It would be best to leave him in until after a good series so his confidence stays high.

It was nice to see them get some extra reps and it looked like they were using the time to work on the passing offense. Hopefully they get the timing on some of those down field passes down a little better. Mertens was just a tad long on a few open receivers again that would have went for long TD's.

I can't believe that or back up QB was back in the game after that hit he took. He looked like a boxer that had his bell rung hard when he got up. I thought he was going to fall over or stumble off to the wrong sideline. I was watching the play down the field and heard the hit and looked back and there he laid with his helmet 10 yards away. That hit must have got a "My oh My"

BisonNeil
09-07-2008, 03:12 PM
Radio... Roehl ankle sprain tbd... Ebel knee 3 weeks tentatively.... the rest are ok... cyrus lemon hip pointer

I don't think Henry's knee would qualify as "ok".

BisonNeil
09-07-2008, 03:14 PM
LT is concerning, but I think Arent (sp?) will be ready, as they were in a heated battle. SS is a concern, hopefully Lemon is ready.

WYOMING IS A HUGE GAME (thank you captain obvious)...we need this one BAD!!! GO BISON.

I agree Arndt will do fine at LT. What is troublesome, however, is that at one point we had three quality LT, now we are down to one. Hopefully Arndt doesn't get hurt and Ebel can come back and be strong for the later half of the conference.

Wally
09-07-2008, 03:21 PM
I don't know if all the injuries are correlated to the artificial turf at Fargodome, but has there been any push to get the field turf that are in domes in Minneapolis, Detroit, etc? Maybe there are experts on the subject that will refute that claim, but all I've heard is that the field turf is a lot easier on the bodies of the players. IMO, field turf should be a priority for the program.

Bison101
09-07-2008, 03:29 PM
While all you guys are speaking of fire and brimstone about our injuries, I'm wondering about that Wyoming Squad.

BisonNeil
09-07-2008, 03:59 PM
While all you guys are speaking of fire and brimstone about our injuries, I'm wondering about that Wyoming Squad.

I think the WY squad is healthy, but the fans are committing suicide and I think they may hang Glenn before next Saturday.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-07-2008, 04:04 PM
According to Bohl football show, Roehl will be questionable for next week. Although my gut tells me there is no way Roehl is going to miss next weeks game. Lemmon will be back and ready to play. Sounds like most injuries are just minor bumps and bruises with the exceptions of Henry and Ebel.

I'm not to concerned about the injuries. We are deep at most positions and will be ready to go against Wyoming.

bisonmike2
09-07-2008, 04:14 PM

Am I in the minority thinking that the Wyo game is not that big of a deal? I say rest anybody who needs it and make sure they are ready for the conference opener. In the big picture a loss to Wyo does very little, however a loss to Youngstown State is a much bigger deal. I'd like to win it as much as anyone but if it means jeopardizing the rest of the season, I say play the backups.

ThunderDan
09-07-2008, 04:15 PM
According to Bohl football show, Roehl will be questionable for next week. Although my gut tells me there is no way Roehl is going to miss next weeks game. Lemmon will be back and ready to play. Sounds like most injuries are just minor bumps and bruises with the exceptions of Henry and Ebel.

I'm not to concerned about the injuries. We are deep at most positions and will be ready to go against Wyoming.

I'm sure Roehl will play, but sprained ankles are very very nagging.....makes it difficult to cut...good thing we are deep at RB

Bison101
09-07-2008, 04:17 PM
I think the WY squad is healthy, but the fans are committing suicide and I think they may hang Glenn before next Saturday.

Yeah, this game has replications of the 06 Minnesota game. Glenn Mason was under pressure before NDSU, and soon afterwards he was fired. Deja Vu.

BisonNeil
09-07-2008, 04:45 PM
Am I in the minority thinking that the Wyo game is not that big of a deal? I say rest anybody who needs it and make sure they are ready for the conference opener. In the big picture a loss to Wyo does very little, however a loss to Youngstown State is a much bigger deal. I'd like to win it as much as anyone but if it means jeopardizing the rest of the season, I say play the backups.

I'm with you. Much more important to have Roehl healthy for conference play.

A1pigskin
09-07-2008, 07:46 PM
If Roehl is questionable I would not play him in the WY game. Save him for the conference games. I noticed a few injuries during the game but didn't realize there were 8. I didn't even notice Roehl got hurt. I got a call on my cell and was asked what happened to Roehl because he was going into the locker rooms. Then 10 minutes later I saw his ankle being taped on the sideline.

Our RFr. got a lot of playing time. I was really impressed with Darius Purcell #11 DB. There were several others that showed great potential.

NorthernBison
09-08-2008, 12:16 AM
Tyler's injury was simply a case of getting tackled from behind. Guy landed on the outside of his lower leg and he ended up with a high ankle sprain. I have eagle eyes and noticed it right away. I believe he went in and got it retaped and tried it for a few plays before he came off for good and they put an ice bag on it. At the end of the game, the ice bag was off and he was walking without a limp.

I'll bet it is sore today. My experience with these types of injuries is they tend to cause some pain for quite a while but as long as there is no ligament damage, it becomes a "pain management" issue.

Remember Tony Satter in 1990 constantly limping off the field after getting his ankle tweaked and coming back a couple plays later and breaking a big one?

Early in the game, the Bison were so much quicker than CCSU that every tackle seemed to come from behind.

imabison
09-08-2008, 12:36 AM
From the Forum Roehl Doubtful for Wyoming..

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=214047&section=breaking%20news

GradBison
09-08-2008, 01:36 PM

I'm with you there. Save him up for conference play. Younstown's gonna be hungry after what happened to them the last two weeks, would be great if Tyler can play then, or even at the homecoming game again SIU.

SDbison
09-08-2008, 02:43 PM
You guys make me laugh. Just because you play some fantasy football you think you are some sort of coach. Odds are that Roehl will play. He is a competitor and it is a high ankle sprain. Saving Roehl for Youngstown, you have to be kidding! That team just got dominated by the Bunnies. Actually it works great that Roehl is doubtful.......now Wyoming will have to prepare for a couple different running scenarios.

CarringtonBison
09-08-2008, 02:57 PM
SD, I agree with you that roehl will probably play-he is tough. However, i was stating (in another thread) that for the long term-the entire year-he would be better off sitting and repairing from a medical standpoint. I am not a coach, but have taken care of many athletes over the years, and do know what I am talking about in that regards. Would you sacrifice the year to play in one game? Maybe he will be fine, likely he won't. I would use the time off to heal to get ready for a conference run and a run at the national title.

While the WYO game is important for program pride, it has little to do with playoff aspirations. He must look at the big picture and do what is best for the team; he is not selfish and I believe will do what is best.

just my $0.02

p.s. a high ankle sprain is much worse in terms of healing and playing pain free than a regular ankle sprain.

Civil06
09-08-2008, 03:55 PM
I agree, although I'm not a doctor, that maybe he should heal up for the conference sched. His heart isn't measurable, but it was difficult for him to get much done against SDSU last year when he was limping on the sideline. But that has been discussed to death, Paschall out that game, etc.

He is the ultimate team player (being willing to switch back to fullback if need be), and he will do what's right for the team.

GradBison
09-08-2008, 04:08 PM
You guys make me laugh. Just because you play some fantasy football you think you are some sort of coach. Odds are that Roehl will play. He is a competitor and it is a high ankle sprain. Saving Roehl for Youngstown, you have to be kidding! That team just got dominated by the Bunnies. Actually it works great that Roehl is doubtful.......now Wyoming will have to prepare for a couple different running scenarios.

Who's thinking they're a coach?
If we left talking on these boards to coaches they would be very very quiet. ;)

I stand by my opinion that conference play is more important than the Wyoming game.

SlickVic
09-09-2008, 08:04 AM
Our RFr. got a lot of playing time. I was really impressed with Darius Purcell #11 DB. There were several others that showed great potential.

i wasnt other than roehl and ebel cyrus was my biggest concern only stayed half ways thru the 4th but i was paying close attention to purcell and he had to miss at least 4 tackles...seemed like everytime i seen him have a shot he blew it

Thunder_Struck
09-10-2008, 01:56 AM
i wasnt other than roehl and ebel cyrus was my biggest concern only stayed half ways thru the 4th but i was paying close attention to purcell and he had to miss at least 4 tackles...seemed like everytime i seen him have a shot he blew it

I must have watched a different game than you as I saw Purcell close on an open reciever and lay a hit on him that caused a drop.

SlickVic
09-10-2008, 07:19 AM
I must have watched a different game than you as I saw Purcell close on an open reciever and lay a hit on him that caused a drop.

u DID??????????

go_bison
09-10-2008, 02:49 PM
Any word on Ebel and Henry?

roadwarrior
09-10-2008, 02:54 PM
Ebel will be out for 3-4 weeks, and Henry might be playing this week. This is what Bohl said last night on Bison Feedback.

SDbison
09-10-2008, 03:53 PM
Roehl will play on Saturday.......MARK IT DOWN! Wow, I kind of feel like I just posted something Lakes would, but what the hell!

X-Factor
09-10-2008, 04:01 PM
While the WYO game is important for program pride, it has little to do with playoff aspirations.

It does if we don't get the autobid. Additionally, beating Wyoming may be the difference between a top 1 or 2 seed and not being seeded. It has a lot to do with playoff aspirations.

Having Roehl in this game is more important than the next three afterwards. We should easily beat those teams without Roehl, Wyoming on the road might be a bit tougher.

skolbrother
09-10-2008, 04:04 PM
I want Roehl to play but that kid is too tough for his own good sometimes. In other words he will say he can play and potentially re-injure his ankle chronically. You gotta love the guy though you never have to give him the whip but occasionally you may have to use the reigns.

CarringtonBison
09-10-2008, 04:10 PM
It does if we don't get the autobid. Additionally, beating Wyoming may be the difference between a top 1 or 2 seed and not being seeded. It has a lot to do with playoff aspirations.

Having Roehl in this game is more important than the next three afterwards. We should easily beat those teams without Roehl, Wyoming on the road might be a bit tougher.

okay it does have some to do with the playoffs, but less than conference games. I disagree that we will "easily beat" the next three teams after WYO. Youngstown is down so far, but S Illinois and W Illinois will present difficult challenges. Not saying we wont win, but to say they will be easy is way off mark, IMO

NDSUstudent
09-11-2008, 05:37 PM
Lemon will start and Purcell is progressing well after playing in his first football game since high school.

http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/214361

BisonCountry
09-12-2008, 04:44 AM
Source: Bison Media Blog (http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/)

Tyler Henry will not make trip to Wyoming. Roehl and Lemon game time decisions.

skolbrother
09-13-2008, 07:29 PM
I want Roehl to play but that kid is too tough for his own good sometimes. In other words he will say he can play and potentially re-injure his ankle chronically. You gotta love the guy though you never have to give him the whip but occasionally you may have to use the reigns.

I hate it when I'm right but Tyler is too tough for his own good sometimes.

Wally
09-13-2008, 08:19 PM
Tyler should have been in street clothes today, imo. We have a bigger goal in mind for this season and I want him around and healthy for the season.

Bison101
09-13-2008, 08:37 PM
Tyler should have been in street clothes today, imo. We have a bigger goal in mind for this season and I want him around and healthy for the season.

Yeah, he shouldn't be playing in a non-conference game, when we have such depth at HB/FB.

bisoneer
09-14-2008, 01:51 PM
Yeah, he shouldn't be playing in a non-conference game, when we have such depth at HB/FB.

Ditto 100% however this is hindsight as he did reinjure it

missingnumber7
09-14-2008, 02:06 PM
Wasn't this discussion made last year too? As far as Tyler playing injured and not wanting to miss out on the rest of the season. The one thing that impressed me is our defense had lots of secondary backups and a 3rd stringer in there and they were still tough.

A1pigskin
09-14-2008, 02:50 PM
I think we are all in agreement that Roehl should not have played. Many of us blogged the week before saying he should not play and instead let him get healthy for conf. games. I suspect the injury is worse than what it was.

This was a bad decision by all key stakeholders.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-14-2008, 05:22 PM
I'm afraid our injuries are going to be more costly than I originally thought. We need to find some answer for Roehl until he can come back. Paschall isn't the guy. He's a good second back, but alone he can't do the job. We have to be able to put balance back into our offensive attack. We were lacking that in the second half and it killed us.

On the other side of the ball, wyoming's offense picked on our backups in the second half. The middle, and the two safteys were soft at times. At one point in the second half we had one 3rd string and one 2nd string saftey playing. We need to shore this up or it could turn ugly in a hurry.

This isn't a good situation for us. A ton of injuries and the conference schedule hasn't even started.

Bisonguy
09-14-2008, 05:31 PM
I'm afraid our injuries are going to be more costly than I originally thought. We need to find some answer for Roehl until he can come back. Paschall isn't the guy. He's a good second back, but alone he can't do the job. We have to be able to put balance back into our offensive attack. We were lacking that in the second half and it killed us.

On the other side of the ball, wyoming's offense picked on our backups in the second half. The middle, and the two safteys were soft at times. At one point in the second half we had one 3rd string and one 2nd string saftey playing. We need to shore this up or it could turn ugly in a hurry.

This isn't a good situation for us. A ton of injuries and the conference schedule hasn't even started.

How was Pashcall that ineffective? Over 5 yards average, still rushing well into the fourth quarter when he was actually given the ball. Heck, Pashcall had more yards in his first two touches than Roehl had in his first three.

From the highlights I saw of the game, it looked like Paschall was much better suited to be effective against the Wyo defense. The Cowboys front 7 were much more aggressive and better tacklers than anything the Bison have faced recently. Roehl couldn't avoid contact, and thus was tackled immediately.

BisoninNWMN
09-14-2008, 05:35 PM

Voit is a harder runner than PP and DJ....hopefully the coaches give him some more reps.

We have Jangula 250+ leading up the hole:confused: should use this more often....he pancakes a lot of LBs

I think Roehl's ankle is going to be a problem the whole year:banghead: :banghead:

I think our O-line did a good job....put the game in their hands.....run the ball!!!

Teams are going to stack the line all yr now...esp with Roehl being hurt.

Voit....Voit....Voit:D :D :D

BisoninNWMN
09-14-2008, 05:37 PM
How was Pashcall that ineffective? Over 5 yards average, still rushing well into the fourth quarter when he was actually given the ball. Heck, Pashcall had more yards in his first two touches than Roehl had in his first three.

From the highlights I saw of the game, it looked like Paschall was much better suited to be effective against the Wyo defense. The Cowboys front 7 were much more aggressive and better tacklers than anything the Bison have faced recently. Roehl couldn't avoid contact, and thus was tackled immediately.

A healthy Roehl would've pummeled that D.....but we'll never know

Bisonguy
09-14-2008, 05:37 PM
Voit is a harder runner than PP and DJ....hopefully the coaches give him some more reps.

We have Jangula 250+ leading up the hole:confused: should use this more often....he pancakes a lot of LBs

I think Roehl's ankle is going to be a problem the whole year:banghead: :banghead:

I think our O-line did a good job....put the game in their hands.....run the ball!!!

Teams are going to stack the line all yr now...esp with Roehl being hurt.

Voit....Voit....Voit:D :D :D

Voit was responsible for a sack. Doubt he'll be moving up the depth chart for a while.

BisoninNWMN
09-14-2008, 05:39 PM
Voit was responsible for a sack. Doubt he'll be moving up the depth chart for a while.

Cannot hold him out for one missed block...if that was the case the whole O-line would have been benched after AP

Bisonguy
09-14-2008, 05:53 PM
It can certainly put him in the doghouse.

There was a back in recent years (Blincoe??) that missed picking up a blitz and didn't see the field for a couple games after.

BisoninNWMN
09-14-2008, 05:57 PM
It can certainly put him in the doghouse.

There was a back in recent years (Blincoe??) that missed picking up a blitz and didn't see the field for a couple games after.

Good point but I just believe that Voit is a better rb when it comes to hitting the hole fast and hard.

PP and DJ are different backs....but having all 3 is good.....nice change of pace.

Just hoping that Roehl's ankle isn't any worse......my guess is he wont play at YSU.

CaBisonFan
09-14-2008, 06:11 PM
Good point but I just believe that Voit is a better rb when it comes to hitting the hole fast and hard.

PP and DJ are different backs....but having all 3 is good.....nice change of pace.

Just hoping that Roehl's ankle isn't any worse......my guess is he wont play at YSU.

Did Voit carry the ball much? I didn't hear his name called much. Might have just been not listening at the time.

Bisonguy
09-14-2008, 06:18 PM

Voit definitely hits the hole faster and harder than PP or DJ. Whether or not that's a good thing is another matter. I swear people on here or Bison Insider used to complain that Lamar hit the hole too fast and should be more patient and let the hole develop.....

Using my armchair coaching skills, yeah, bench Roehl for YSU and let him rest. If the Bison can nearly beat Wyoming without him for most of the game, they should be able to take care of YSU without him especially if the execute.

Civil06
09-14-2008, 06:35 PM
Did Voit carry the ball much? I didn't hear his name called much. Might have just been not listening at the time.

From what I saw, he just had one reception. I don't remember any carries. There was one swing pass where I wish Voit had it, but it was DJ - he danced around instead of lunging for an extra 3 or 4 yards. However, DJ did hit the hole hard on some runs in the second half.

TransAmBison
09-14-2008, 09:03 PM
I thought Paschall did a good job. I really think he did better than Roehl would have done. They were a tough d-line. Roehl would not have pounded them into submission like the wimpy Gophers.*

*Sorry Gopher fans, just had to.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-14-2008, 09:05 PM

Granted, Paschall's average was good, but there is an intagible here, something that can't really be described or coached. The ability to gain the most positive yardage possible on any given play as quick as possible. This week I was singing Paschall's praises. I thought we could run without Roehl. Appearantly we can't. We need a hard running tailback as well as PP and DJ.

Although, one could make the arguement that the coaches abandoned the run game, for whatever reason. I think the coaches really blew it when we got the ball with 10:28 to go in the fourth quarter. They called 3 pass plays in a row. WTF? We should have tried to put together a drive to chew up the clock and put the game away. Instead we go 3 and out and eat up a whole 36 seconds on the clock. That, IMO was the pivotal point of the game.

Oh, well water under the bridge. Now we need to get healed up for the rest of the season.

TransAmBison
09-14-2008, 09:09 PM
Granted, Paschall's average was good, but there is an intagible here, something that can't really be described or coached. The ability to gain the most positive yardage possible on any given play as quick as possible. This week I was singing Paschall's praises. I thought we could run without Roehl. Appearantly we can't. We need a hard running tailback as well as PP and DJ.

Although, one could make the arguement that the coaches abandoned the run game, for whatever reason. I think the coaches really blew it when we got the ball with 10:28 to go in the fourth quarter. They called 3 pass plays in a row. WTF? We should have tried to put together a drive to chew up the clock and put the game away. Instead we go 3 and out and eat up a whole 36 seconds on the clock. That, IMO was the pivotal point of the game.

Oh, well water under the bridge. Now we need to get healed up for the rest of the season.
That was only one series. Far from abandoning the run game.

NDSUFan_Sav
09-14-2008, 09:34 PM
can you sticky this thread so we don't have to make new threads based on weekly injuries and what not...just keep this the main one where we can learn about injuries and talk about them here

BisonNeil
09-14-2008, 10:27 PM
From what I saw, he just had one reception. I don't remember any carries. There was one swing pass where I wish Voit had it, but it was DJ - he danced around instead of lunging for an extra 3 or 4 yards. However, DJ did hit the hole hard on some runs in the second half.

DJ danced way too much on that play, he had blockers and lots of room to run. He really got his butt chewed for that play and rightfully so.

BisonNeil
09-14-2008, 10:29 PM
Voit definitely hits the hole faster and harder than PP or DJ. Whether or not that's a good thing is another matter. I swear people on here or Bison Insider used to complain that Lamar hit the hole too fast and should be more patient and let the hole develop.....

Using my armchair coaching skills, yeah, bench Roehl for YSU and let him rest. If the Bison can nearly beat Wyoming without him for most of the game, they should be able to take care of YSU without him especially if the execute.

Roehl never should have played in this game at all. He should have been rested for the YSU game. The first conference game, on the road, is way more important that WY ever was. Big mistake and now the coaches will pay for it.

WYOBISONMAN
09-15-2008, 12:13 AM
With all the injuries Let's make the thread sticky.....at least until we are healthy!

HerdBot
09-15-2008, 05:39 PM
Roehl never should have played in this game at all. He should have been rested for the YSU game. The first conference game, on the road, is way more important that WY ever was. Big mistake and now the coaches will pay for it.

I agree with that.

met1990
09-15-2008, 06:24 PM
Sorry if this is posted elsewhere: http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=214896

Paschall doubtful for Saturday

WYOBISONMAN
09-15-2008, 06:25 PM
Sorry if this is posted elsewhere: http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=214896

Paschall doubtful for Saturday

Damn.....who is left to run the ball.....:(

Bison"FANatic"
09-15-2008, 06:27 PM
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

tcbison
09-15-2008, 06:28 PM
So if Roehl can't go and Paschall can't, it is DJ McNorton and Matt Voitlander. I wonder if Mike Brower can be moved back to running back.

WYOBISONMAN
09-15-2008, 06:30 PM
ugh.....gulp......I kind of taste puke in my mouth.....:banghead: :( :banghead: :hide:

Bisonguy
09-15-2008, 06:34 PM
Damn.....who is left to run the ball.....:(
Jangula!!!!

Herd Mentality
09-15-2008, 06:35 PM
Pound Voigtlander on YSU. Bring Norton in for change of pace (dancing around in the backfield).

bisonhusker
09-15-2008, 06:40 PM
I really hope Brower could be added for depth this week. Kid is TOUGH and moves the pile. He runs like Roehl and isn't scared of the contact. All time leading rusher in Nebraska....and they have had some good ones. He is healthy this year. I would rather have him than yank a redshirt off Horner.

tcbison
09-15-2008, 06:45 PM
I really hope Brower could be added for depth this week. Kid is TOUGH and moves the pile. He runs like Roehl and isn't scared of the contact. All time leading rusher in Nebraska....and they have had some good ones. He is healthy this year. I would rather have him than yank a redshirt off Horner.

I agree about Brower. I posted about him lately but does anyone know what position he should be playing. He has been playing special teams. I thought he was moving back to LB but that one spring game he ran very well at RB.

Gully
09-15-2008, 08:34 PM
WOW, this really sucks. The only good thing is that Voight will actually get some carries. I think he'll look good because he'll run hard and not dance around. Going to have to throw the ball. Get that arm warmed up Nick!

BisoninNWMN
09-15-2008, 11:44 PM
Running game should be fine. A win is a win

Bye week will come at the most opportune time. Hopefully Diesel and PP are healed up by then.

GOB1SON
09-16-2008, 12:33 AM
The coaching staff will come up with a plan. Maybe Jangula will carry a couple of times and the offense can be set up for D.J. and Matty V to carry the load. But it does put pressure on Diesel to play and I was kind of hoping he would get the week off, then the bye, and be totally ready for the meat (SIU, WI, and UNI).

Can #44 play both ways (Just kidding, still in awe of how he is playing.)

NDSUstudent
09-16-2008, 12:42 AM
Pound Voigtlander on YSU. Bring Norton in for change of pace (dancing around in the backfield).

My thoughts exactly, let Voigt pound on them and then bring McNorton change it up. There is no need to hit the panic button yet(cough Bisonneil cough), we still have two good backs and a passing attack that is very capable.

Jdubs21
09-16-2008, 02:38 AM
this is gonna be great experience for those young guys and the entire team, just gotta work a little harder and help pick each other up

CaBisonFan
09-16-2008, 03:07 AM
What's the official status on Tyler Roehl? Probably missed it somewhere. How bad is his ankle?

NDSUstudent
09-16-2008, 03:31 AM
What's the official status on Tyler Roehl? Probably missed it somewhere. How bad is his ankle?

He is questionable, sounds a lot like last week but I have a feeling that Bohl won't be calling his number so he can get extra rest due to our upcoming bye week. Paschall's injury believe it or not is actually worse, he is doubtful.

CaBisonFan
09-16-2008, 03:40 AM
He is questionable, sounds a lot like last week but I have a feeling that Bohl won't be calling his number so he can get extra rest due to our upcoming bye week. Paschall's injury believe it or not is actually worse, he is doubtful.

In a sick sort of way...this 'could' turn out for the best for the team. It also could be a disaster. Time will tell. I think I might be sick.

thanks

IzzyFlexion
09-16-2008, 01:27 PM
Jangula!!!!

Agreed. It's time for Tyler to secure his legacy and pick this team up.

Bison15
09-16-2008, 03:59 PM
I say, let Roehl sit this one out, even though he will be kicking and screeming to play. I think we can get through this week even with the back ups ( which look pretty decent anyway). With us going into the by-week after this it gives these guys ample time to heel up and get ready for the most important part of the season. If we can win this weekend without them all I see is domination the rest of the season.

NWNDBison
09-17-2008, 02:04 PM
I say, let Roehl sit this one out, even though he will be kicking and screeming to play. I think we can get through this week even with the back ups ( which look pretty decent anyway). With us going into the by-week after this it gives these guys ample time to heel up and get ready for the most important part of the season. If we can win this weekend without them all I see is domination the rest of the season.

Plus it gives Voigtlander and McNorton valuable experience as the go-to guys in this game. If they can handle the competition, it will only add to our depth. If they can't and the Bison drop another one, at least it's not likely to a MVC frontrunner. The way Youngstown got pounded by SDSU, it's going to be an uphill battle for them to win the conference. It could be that Youngstown is still a dangerous team, however. They have been highly rated. Let's hope they don't start their comeback with NDSU.

Isn't Youngstown supposed to be dangerous on their home turf?

GOB1SON
09-18-2008, 02:13 AM
Kolpack posted on his blog tonight that Diesel looked good running today and postulates that he will be ready for Saturday.

Part of me wants him to play and part of me wants him to sit and be completely healthy for the rest of the season. Of course, with a high sprain, he might just be dealing with it for the rest of the season, regardless of whether he plays this weekend or not.

roadwarrior
09-18-2008, 02:17 AM
The sprain was not a high ankle sprain.

GOB1SON
09-18-2008, 02:21 AM
The sprain was not a high ankle sprain.

Sorry if I was wrong about that. A number of media reported after the Cenn. Conn. game that it was a high sprain and I guess I hadn't heard different.

That is actually good news. A high sprain can linger (I have had one for over a year now) whereas a regular sprain usually heals a little easier.

Gully
09-18-2008, 02:31 AM
I had also heard that it was a high ankle sprain.

gwfan
09-18-2008, 02:31 AM
Is Tylers injury the same leg he injured at Brookings last year. Should remember but I don't..

roadwarrior
09-18-2008, 02:40 AM
I'm almost certain that on Bison Feedback last week, Bohl said it was not a high sprain.

NorthernBison
09-18-2008, 04:04 AM
I'm almost certain that on Bison Feedback last week, Bohl said it was not a high sprain.

I can't remember exactly what he said but we are probably discussing two different things.

There are two ways to sprain your ankle. The typical sprain is where the foot turns inward. This causes pain right at the joint.

The other is where the foot turns outward. The pain is primarily on the inside of the lower leg and ankle and it is above the joint. This is called a "high ankle sprain". Tyler definitely sprained his ankle and it was from the tackler landing on the outside of his leg. That can only be a "high ankle sprain" because of the way his ankle had to twist and you could see it bend.

The severity of the "high ankle sprain" is determined by how high the damage occurs and whether there is a tear to the ligament or even a break in the bone. If either had occurred, he wouldn't have played last week. I am going to guess that what was meant by "not high" has more to do with the fact that damage was lower on the leg rather than the definition of the sprain.

I have been told that high ankle sprains are significantly more painful but cause less instability in the ankle. I don't know for sure if the second part is correct but the pain part is absolutely correct.

Football and soccer are two sports where these types of sprains are common as people fall on the outside of your leg more often. Basketball has considerably more of the other type.

NorthernBison
09-18-2008, 04:27 AM
I should add that what I posted above is based on what a doctor friend explained to me and, quite frankly, I didn't understand all of it.

Another point he made was that, while the direction of the twisting influences the definition of the sprain, less severe sprains where the foot is turned outward might not be called high ankle sprains as there is more to the diagnosis. All of which is way beyond my understanding of sports medicine.

That might be the case here as typically high ankle sprains put the athlete out of action for a minimum of a month (often 8-12 weeks). Clearly, that isn't the case with Tyler's injury. I certainly hope it isn't.

larson311
09-18-2008, 04:29 AM
http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/

Toughness

The title of the toughest kid in Fargo is a landslide. It has to be Tyler Roehl. Either that or his sprained ankle made a miraculous recovery of some sort.

If I were a betting man, I would say the senior running back will start at Youngstown State. He looked pretty good to me running today, although judging somebody's pain threshold is not an easy thing. Then again, I thought Tyler Henry looked pretty good running last week and the middle linebacker didn't make the trip to Wyoming.

He's a senior, it's the first Missouri Valley Football Conference game and the Bison have a bye week next week.

Posted by: Jeff Kolpack on 9/17/2008 at 8:16 PM | Comments (0) | Permalink

bisonmike2
09-18-2008, 04:16 PM
are we fairly positive then that Paschall will not be playing at all this weekend?

roadwarrior
09-18-2008, 06:36 PM
Paschall will not be traveling with the team this week. Bohl stated that at lunch today.

larson311
09-18-2008, 07:28 PM
Paschall will not be traveling with the team this week. Bohl stated that at lunch today.

Did you learn any other valuable information?

roadwarrior
09-18-2008, 07:45 PM
Just some of the game plan, but do we want to broadcast that out to the world?

Bison"FANatic"
09-18-2008, 08:22 PM
You mean I shouldn't come back from the Doublewood and post verbatim what the coach talked about.;) ;)

X-Factor
09-19-2008, 02:12 AM
I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but we may be out a few more guys this weekend. :( Now maybe they will still be good enough to play and I'm hoping that is the case, but i'm hearing we have a couple starting d-line out. :smh: BYE can't come soon enough!! I would have thought it would be in the news already so I'm hoping it's minor!

bisoneer
09-20-2008, 03:33 PM
would these be injuries or discipline issues

GOB1SON
09-21-2008, 03:26 AM
Any new news on injuries from tonight?

Maresh was on the sidelines at the end of the game. Anybody know why?

Bisonguy
09-21-2008, 03:31 AM
Any new news on injuries from tonight?

Maresh was on the sidelines at the end of the game. Anybody know why?

Pretty sure I heard hip pointer.

GOB1SON
09-21-2008, 03:33 AM

Great. What is going on with the hip pointers and sprained ankles around here?

Hopefully not too bad.

Do we need a week off or what????

A1pigskin
09-21-2008, 10:42 PM

What is a hip pointer?

Bisonguy
09-21-2008, 10:44 PM
What is a hip pointer?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hip_pointer

GOB1SON
09-21-2008, 10:46 PM
What is a hip pointer?

It is when the hip bone (technically, the point of the pelvic ileum just above your hip joint) gets smacked hard and the tissue there either gets inflammed (mild) or torn (bad).

56BISON73
09-21-2008, 10:54 PM
It is when the hip bone (technically, the point of the pelvic ileum just above your hip joint) gets smacked hard and the tissue there either gets inflammed (mild) or torn (bad).

A hip pointer can be one of the most disabling injuries there is. Because of the many groups of muscles that converge at tht point you can have a hard time coughing, breathing, running, stretching etc. Every day movement can be very painfull.

I think the reason for more hip pointers these days is they dont wear the protective padding that they used to around the hips. PL

99Bison
09-21-2008, 11:37 PM
anderson was also out, not sure of injury

56BISON73
09-21-2008, 11:42 PM

ASIS
Anterior superior iliac spine.:D PL

ndsubison1
09-22-2008, 12:01 AM
What is a hip pointer?

trust me, it's not fun... it's one of the worst injuries I have ever had in my life... those suck, esp. if you tear it

56BISON73
09-22-2008, 12:23 AM
trust me, it's not fun... it's one of the worst injuries I have ever had in my life... those suck, esp. if you tear it

You are correct. Mine didnt get better until they shot it up. PL

JackJD
09-22-2008, 12:53 AM
ASIS
Anterior superior iliac spine.:D PL

Nah, means you buy something in its present condition with no warranties,..."as is".

A1pigskin
09-22-2008, 01:05 AM
Thanks to all of you that described what a hip pointer is.

Bisonguy
09-22-2008, 04:19 AM
From the KVLY sports, it sounds like Maresh has a hamstring injury and is questionable for the SIU game. Maybe it was Anderson with a hip pointer??

On a more positive note, Paschall, Henry, and Ebel should be back for the SIU game.

IzzyFlexion
09-22-2008, 01:36 PM
Worst one I ever saw at SU was Tom Gleason ~1982ish. An easy way to describe it is a monstorous bruise. The flesh over the highest point of the ileum (big pelvic bone) gets violently pinched/slammed between that bone and whatever it's contacting (the ground, a helmet). His bruising was about the size of a LARGE pancake and it was the darkest purple I've ever seen!

X-Factor
09-22-2008, 04:27 PM
it appears as though both of the players that were banged up a bit from practice played in the YSU game. The D-line didn't do so well so maybe that could be partially attributed to playing slightly hurt. I don't know....just trying to find some reason why we just gave up 340 rushing yards :smh:

A1pigskin
09-27-2008, 02:43 AM
From the KVLY sports, it sounds like Maresh has a hamstring injury and is questionable for the SIU game. Maybe it was Anderson with a hip pointer??

On a more positive note, Paschall, Henry, and Ebel should be back for the SIU game.

I heard the same thing. I heard it as the Calvary will be healthy.

WarBison
09-27-2008, 04:09 AM
Anybody hear anything about Austin Richard? I saw he has a cast on his right hand.

Gully
09-27-2008, 01:09 PM

It was our safety that had/has a hip pointer.

A1pigskin
09-27-2008, 03:03 PM
I know what it's like to be injured your senior year. It really sucks. I wanted to play so bad I would bug the coaches to put me in. I hope our guys heal up so they can play the rest of the season.

IzzyFlexion
09-27-2008, 03:48 PM
I know what it's like to be injured your senior year. It really sucks. I wanted to play so bad I would bug the coaches to put me in. I hope our guys heal up so they can play the rest of the season.
Yeah, being an injured senior really stinks. The other day I pulled a hammy reaching for a doughnut. Should have put my beer down first......Oh..........you said senior YEAR!.

NWNDBison
09-27-2008, 09:18 PM
Yeah, being an injured senior really stinks. The other day I pulled a hammy reaching for a doughnut. Should have put my beer down first......Oh..........you said senior YEAR!.

++++++++

Thanks, IzzyFlexion. That's the best laugh I've had all day!

fan
09-30-2008, 04:02 AM

Now that theres funny! Been there done that!

cvbison1
10-05-2008, 09:17 AM
i heard compton may be out for a while

IzzyFlexion
10-05-2008, 12:59 PM
Did I hear the broadcast say that he was on crutches after half-time?

A1pigskin
10-05-2008, 04:26 PM

I didn't notice to busy watching the game and making noise.

99Bison
10-05-2008, 06:21 PM

Yep, sounds like a significant injury... Bohl show said should know more in next day.

X-Factor
10-06-2008, 01:18 AM

He did walk off the field on his own power at half-time. Big ice patch and very gimpy. Hope it's not the standard ACL injury here :hide:

Da_Bizon
10-06-2008, 01:47 PM
Yeah, he was on crutches with an ice pack the whole second half. They did an MRI yesterday, we'll know more today.

Bisonguy
10-06-2008, 08:23 PM
Not good news for next week, but Compton has a bone bruise- http://www.bisonzone.com/index.cfm?page=article_full&id=217389

Sounds like he'll be ready for UNI.

BisonVifte
10-06-2008, 08:59 PM
That is good news!

A1pigskin
10-12-2008, 12:49 AM
Anybody have a report after today's game? It looked like Henry was got hurt.

steelbison
10-12-2008, 04:19 PM
not taking a shot at a guy that is injured..but in opionion the back-ups have played better than compton all year.

Again not trying to take a shot at a guy..but even when he was playing the other two guys seem to be out playing him.

A1pigskin
10-13-2008, 05:36 PM
not taking a shot at a guy that is injured..but in opionion the back-ups have played better than compton all year.

Again not trying to take a shot at a guy..but even when he was playing the other two guys seem to be out playing him.

I heard others say this to.

aces1180
10-13-2008, 06:00 PM
http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=218247

Lot's of injuries this week...Evans gets his first shot at starting, however.

bisonmike2
10-13-2008, 06:13 PM
http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=218247

Lot's of injuries this week...Evans gets his first shot at starting, however.

Holy sh!t. We can't catch a break this year. Good to see Evans get a shot. I was critical of his redshirt being pulled for some special teams work. The coaching staff seemed to work him in a little each game. Now he's going to be the man in the middle.

westnodak93bison
10-13-2008, 06:17 PM
How many of these injuries can be attributed to that f-ing turf?
I say get rid of that $hit and get the good field turf. I dont care what the damn fargodome authority or commission or whatever says. Spend the $600k or whatever and get the good turf.

NDSUstudent
10-13-2008, 06:19 PM
I say get rid of that $hit and get the good field turf. I dont care what the damn fargodome authority or commission or whatever says. Spend the $600k or whatever and get the good turf.

I agree, if NAU can put in field turf we have no excuse.

NAU btw has field turf the rolls up and can be stored, so it would help overcome the problem with movable bleachers in the South Endzone.

bisondad
10-13-2008, 06:59 PM

I think you just hit on an issue far bigger than anybody leads on to.

bisonmike2
10-13-2008, 07:04 PM

I think the turf is a factor in some of these injuries but remember in the begining of the year players where dropping like flies when we were practicing on grass. But I'm all for field turf anyway.

In a related/not related story. Are all of the players covered by NDSU's medical insurance? If so, would the insurance company give us better rates if we had field turf instead of green concrete? Just trying to find any reason to get the turf replaced.

99Bison
10-14-2008, 01:30 AM
Holy sh!t. We can't catch a break this year. Good to see Evans get a shot. I was critical of his redshirt being pulled for some special teams work. The coaching staff seemed to work him in a little each game. Now he's going to be the man in the middle.

Should be fun seeing Evans get a shot!!

A1pigskin
10-14-2008, 05:26 PM
Banged up starters, banged up backups. OMG.:banghead: :banghead:

twowheels
10-14-2008, 05:57 PM
[QUOTE= In a related/not related story. Are all of the players covered by NDSU's medical insurance? If so, would the insurance company give us better rates if we had field turf instead of green concrete? Just trying to find any reason to get the turf replaced.[/QUOTE]

Players have to carry their own insurance and then what their insurance does not pay NDSU picks up.

bisonmike2
10-14-2008, 07:41 PM
Should be fun seeing Evans get a shot!!

Evans can drop the hammer. The kid knows how to hit. There's a youtube video of him in highschool hitting a kid from Sturgis or Spearfish. The kid is going one direction, Preston hits him and it looks like he gets yanked back by a rope.

westnodak93bison
10-14-2008, 11:22 PM
highlight hits are great and everything but can he fill the right gap and pick up the right receiver when necessary? I guess we shall see.

westnodak93bison
10-15-2008, 02:24 PM
who is gonna play left tackle?

roadwarrior
10-15-2008, 03:13 PM
who is gonna play left tackle?

Bohl said on the radio last night that Ebel will be playing this week.

WYOBISONMAN
10-15-2008, 05:36 PM
Bohl said on the radio last night that Ebel will be playing this week.

But......all should calm down......Road and I each still have 4 years of eligibility left and we will both be at UNI!:D

56BISON73
10-15-2008, 05:38 PM
But......all should calm down......Road and I each still have 4 years of eligibility left and we will both be at UNI!:D

Which one of you can kick???:D
PL

roadwarrior
10-16-2008, 06:51 PM
Heckendorf is questionable for the UNI game. I have no idea what the situation is - but this is right out of coach Bohl's mouth at Teammakers.

SDbison
10-16-2008, 09:41 PM
Heckendorf is questionable for the UNI game. I have no idea what the situation is - but this is right out of coach Bohl's mouth at Teammakers.
Just F'ing great! What now?

Bison"FANatic"
10-16-2008, 09:58 PM
Wow, It just keeps getting worse and worse.

stevdock
10-16-2008, 10:45 PM

I was wondering about this during the game. He was on the sideline for quite a few plays where he normally wouldn't. I did see him trying to stretch out his legs during the game last week. Unfortunately that doesn't narrow it down by alot.

stevdock
10-16-2008, 11:14 PM
Here's the article on Heck. It's a foot injury.

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=218639

99Bison
10-16-2008, 11:37 PM
Here's the article on Heck. It's a foot injury.

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=218639

Turf toe... great.:banghead:
http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/toeproblems/a/toeproblems_5.htm

ThatWouldBeSeven
10-17-2008, 12:16 PM
The offensive line is really beat up too. Maybe a factor in why they haven't seem to have the "spark"?

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=218705&section=Sports&freebie_check&CFID=103742301&CFTOKEN=22752325&jsessionid=8830efc149c8542625e7

:banghead:

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
10-17-2008, 06:11 PM
What happened to our great conditioning program?

56BISON73
10-17-2008, 06:20 PM
Its still there, why???? Being in great condition does not make you immune to injuies. PL

Bisonfan1
10-18-2008, 04:35 AM

Thank you, brought up that point in a conversation tonight, I thought the conditioning coach should have gotten the game ball every game the last 2 years. See next below

Bisonfan1
10-18-2008, 04:38 AM
Its still there, why???? Being in great condition does not make you immune to injuies. PL

Are you sure PL. It seems the guys are out of gas this year, I thought quite a bit the last 2 years , conditioning won the Bison alot of games, does not seem so this year. No game balls this year, see above post.

56BISON73
10-18-2008, 05:21 AM
Are you sure PL. It seems the guys are out of gas this year, I thought quite a bit the last 2 years , conditioning won the Bison alot of games, does not seem so this year. No game balls this year, see above post.

Remember all the posts about the summer conditioning program and all the players who stayed for it. So I dont think its that but Bohl did say that pre-fall was going to be easier.
One must remember they are playing a different level of competition this year. Also with all the injuries players are missing real practice time. For every day you miss the physicality's of practice it takes you 2-3 days to get back where you once were. So if a player misses the physical part of practice M-T-W because of being in the tank you really arent going to be in top shape for Sat because Thurs and Fri arent going to be big hitting days.
Another thing I dont understand is how players can get in GAME SHAPE when they are substituting so often. Now grated Im from the old days and we never went out of the game unless we were hurt or not doing the job. But I dont see how you can keep-get in shape and stay in a rhythm with players in and out all the time. PL

A1pigskin
10-18-2008, 12:58 PM
Remember all the posts about the summer conditioning program and all the players who stayed for it. So I dont think its that but Bohl did say that pre-fall was going to be easier.
One must remember they are playing a different level of competition this year. Also with all the injuries players are missing real practice time. For every day you miss the physicality's of practice it takes you 2-3 days to get back where you once were. So if a player misses the physical part of practice M-T-W because of being in the tank you really arent going to be in top shape for Sat because Thurs and Fri arent going to be big hitting days.
Another thing I dont understand is how players can get in GAME SHAPE when they are substituting so often. Now grated Im from the old days and we never went out of the game unless we were hurt or not doing the job. But I dont see how you can keep-get in shape and stay in a rhythm with players in and out all the time. PL

Hmmm. Maybe you're on to something. There does seem to be a lot of sustituting. But I think Bohl is trying to wear the other team down by doing so. But, it has not worked 3 times this year.

BisonAccountant44
10-22-2008, 11:00 PM
What's this week's injury update? Is Diesel going to be 100%? I don't think I ever did hear a definite reason why he would only line up at fullback last week. I was told at the game that they said he was hurt on TV, but nothing else. I did notice him limp off the field one time, so I assume he tweaked his ankle again?

Plus with all the QB talk, and scrambling to find a possible way for us to back into the playoffs, I've missed what our overall injury situation looks like for Saturday. Anyone coming back, anyone else out? What's the story?

Bison"FANatic"
10-23-2008, 06:49 PM
Bohl said at teammakers that they are getting healed up. Heckendorf practiced this week, Henry is still injured. Offensive line is starting to get healed up.

UTH
10-23-2008, 07:50 PM
Bohl said at teammakers that they are getting healed up. Heckendorf practiced this week, Henry is still injured. Offensive line is starting to get healed up.

Just in time for the late-season run at the playoffs!!!*

*the luxury of being a fan - there's always hope

A1pigskin
10-26-2008, 02:09 PM
Preston Evans is now hurt, I think with a shoulder injury. No idea how bad it is. I think this is our 4th MLB out this year.

99Bison
10-26-2008, 04:04 PM
Bohl show said Evans had significant stinger will know more in 24 hrs about this weeks availability.

A1pigskin
10-26-2008, 06:09 PM
Our MLB's can't get a break. Just think Joe Mays basically made it through every season.

HerdBot
11-18-2008, 03:54 AM
Hmmm. Maybe you're on to something. There does seem to be a lot of sustituting. But I think Bohl is trying to wear the other team down by doing so. But, it has not worked 3 times this year.

He said when SIU beat us 9-0 a few years ago, they were rotating D-lineman every down and they were so fresh they kicked our butts.