PDA

View Full Version : Air Force @ Wyoming on CBS College Sports

Hansel
09-06-2008, 08:36 PM
Right now- UW's defense looks good- their offense not so much

AKBison
09-06-2008, 08:39 PM
I am watching the game online through channelsurfing. http://www.channelsurfing.net/watch-cstv.html

I agree their offense is suspect and I think that we will match up very well with them as our defense seems to be a strength. Their kicking game is awful so that could come into play next week.

jrh
09-06-2008, 09:13 PM
Their defense looks formidable!

mebisonII
09-06-2008, 09:16 PM
I am watching the game online through channelsurfing. http://www.channelsurfing.net/watch-cstv.html

I agree their offense is suspect and I think that we will match up very well with them as our defense seems to be a strength. Their kicking game is awful so that could come into play next week.

Great link! I just got to work and was trying to figure out how to watch football (any game!) at work. Thanks!

KC Bison
09-07-2008, 12:11 AM
Looked to me that Wyoming ran out of gas in the 4th quarter against Air Force. I think the final was 23-3. I was surprised that Air Force had such small lines. Their offensive line averaged 265 pounds and their defensive line averaged 255 pounds. Wyoming averaged 305 pounds on their offensive line and 277 on their defensive line.

mebisonII
09-07-2008, 12:25 AM
Looked to me that Wyoming ran out of gas in the 4th quarter against Air Force. I think the final was 23-3. I was surprised that Air Force had such small lines. Their offensive line averaged 265 pounds and their defensive line averaged 255 pounds. Wyoming averaged 305 pounds on their offensive line and 277 on their defensive line.

Someone was telling me earlier today that Navy has small lines because their players have to meet Navy physical standards and the big 300 lb guys can't do it. Maybe the same for Air Force?

KC Bison
09-07-2008, 12:47 AM
I know that the Military Academies have height limits. If you can remember David Robinson who came to the Naval Academy at 6'6" and grew to 7'0". It might be that the 300 lbers can't make the physical requirements or maybe there are just limits on their weight coming in?

79FCourt
09-07-2008, 03:14 AM
I was at the Wyo game. Defense looked quite good. Offense was pathetic. Wyo could run the ball some, but struggled greatly in the passing game. Crum wasn't very accurate and never tried to stretch the defense. He seemed to key in on one receiver too much. Once Air Force punched them in the mouth a little, they seemed to lose some fight. I couldn't help but be quite optomistic about our chances next week if we play well.

P.S. There was some buzz going through the crowd about the number of fans NDSU is bringing to the game. Can't wait to see a whole lot of green at War Memorial stadium next saturday.

bisondad
09-07-2008, 03:20 AM
Someone was telling me earlier today that Navy has small lines because their players have to meet Navy physical standards and the big 300 lb guys can't do it. Maybe the same for Air Force?

True, Kirk Wolfolk is a friend of mine and is the strength coach of Navy and the father of Olympian Natalie Wolfolk. The Navy guys do have to "toe the line" They have to meet the same physical conditioning tests as the regulars. Said it is very challenging, but that is their situation. Air Force may very well be the same.

NDSUFan_Sav
09-07-2008, 04:28 AM
P.S. There was some buzz going through the crowd about the number of fans NDSU is bringing to the game. Can't wait to see a whole lot of green at War Memorial stadium next saturday.

They should also be worried about the Bison coming down to play em :nod: