PDA

View Full Version : More seats in the FFD may be on the way.

AKBison
09-06-2008, 06:23 AM
From todays forum...

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=213845&section=news

Longer term, the athletic department and student leaders are exploring a host of possibilities, but a study will be required to determine their feasibility. For example, athletic director Gene Taylor wants to see whether extra bleachers could be used for big games – providing the Fargodome’s floor space and fire codes allow it.

Our leadership has proved to be well ahead of the curve and I am sure Gene has looked at this for quite some time. If anyone gets to the dome early enough tomorrow and is still somewhat sober, do a walk around in the corners and try to figure out where Gene is talking about doing this. Better yet, why doesn't Dormie just cough up the info and save us some time?

missingnumber7
09-06-2008, 01:05 PM
If this was possible wouldn't it have been considered before for the Bison/Who games?

BisoninNWMN
09-06-2008, 01:27 PM
In a few yrs there will probably be many more fans than tickets. 18,700 is going to be way too small

:D :D :D :D :D

No_Skill
09-06-2008, 01:30 PM
If they put them in the corners, they could sell "obstructed view" tickets.

Gully
09-06-2008, 01:46 PM
If this was possible wouldn't it have been considered before for the Bison/Who games?

Why make the investment for one game every other year?

IowaBisonToo
09-06-2008, 02:48 PM

Not so sure. Think of it, if they can put 25,000 people in the dome for a George strait or Garth Brooks concert, why can't they put some movable seating in the corners for a football game? I'm thinking firecode for people isn't a problem. I'm thinking how they are put in there is the problem. Be cool to see. I'm sure there could be at least another 2000 people that could watch a game -- 500 in each corner on bleachers.

As far as doing it for Bison/Whioux games, they probably just didn't want to go through the effort for one game a year. I'm sure if they put the bleachers in, it would be because of a need for all 6 home games.

larson311
09-06-2008, 02:53 PM
Not so sure. Think of it, if they can put 25,000 people in the dome for a George strait or Garth Brooks concert, why can't they put some movable seating in the corners for a football game? I'm thinking firecode for people isn't a problem. I'm thinking how they are put in there is the problem. Be cool to see. I'm sure there could be at least another 2000 people that could watch a game -- 500 in each corner on bleachers.

As far as doing it for Bison/Whioux games, they probably just didn't want to go through the effort for one game a year. I'm sure if they put the bleachers in, it would be because of a need for all 6 home games.

I;m assuming all the extra room for a concert like that is floor seats. I don't think they are going to start putting fans on the sidelines...even though that would totally kick @ss :nod:

1bizon1
09-06-2008, 02:59 PM
""I;m assuming all the extra room for a concert like that is floor seats. I don't think they are going to start putting fans on the sidelines...even though that would totally kick @ss ""

could/would be if you were close enuf to the visitors bench and started a "mixer" with the visiting team....;)

(I know, the NCAA would not let anyone be seated that close, but....)

A1pigskin
09-06-2008, 03:18 PM
I think Gene should task our Engineering Department to design portable bleachers for the corners. This would provide good experience for the students and make way for more paying customers.

I'd go as far as anyone wanting to pay a hefty premium could stand in the corners on the field.

The city of fargo and NDSU should take advantage of this situation and come up with an expandable solution and do it quick.

Gene can give me a call and I'll walk him through my ideas.

Go Bison!!!:D

Mr. Burgundy
09-06-2008, 04:03 PM
Don't worry Bison fans, CABISON is looking at some land west of I-29 on 19th. We will be fine in the future. He is waiting to see how Texas Stadium turns out before plans are unvieled.

BisoninNWMN
09-06-2008, 04:04 PM
I think Gene should task our Engineering Department to design portable bleachers for the corners. This would provide good experience for the students and make way for more paying customers.

I'd go as far as anyone wanting to pay a hefty premium could stand in the corners on the field.

The city of fargo and NDSU should take advantage of this situation and come up with an expandable solution and do it quick.

Gene can give me a call and I'll walk him through my ideas.

Go Bison!!!:D

:nod: :nod:

roadwarrior
09-06-2008, 05:24 PM
I am pretty sure we will never see any seats on the playing surface level. Seats in the corners would totally suck because of those pillars. They are not too easy to see around.

Bisonguy
09-06-2008, 05:35 PM
There's not enough room on the field as it currently is.

As far as the corners, it's going to be pretty tough to get 500 in each corner. That's about what one full section in the Fargodome holds. Let the engineering/architecture students come up with a solution. :nod:

roadwarrior
09-06-2008, 05:38 PM
Not so sure. Think of it, if they can put 25,000 people in the dome for a George strait or Garth Brooks concert...

Isn't the record crowd something over 28,000 for a concert? Anyway, all of the people sitting on the floor of the dome for a concert exit using separate stairs and doors than the main concourse does.

HerdBot
09-06-2008, 08:46 PM
There's not enough room on the field as it currently is.

As far as the corners, it's going to be pretty tough to get 500 in each corner. That's about what one full section in the Fargodome holds. Let the engineering/architecture students come up with a solution. :nod:

Even if we can only get 250 in each corner, that's still 1,000 more seats! I'm for putting bleachers in 1 corner if that's all we can do. Anything we can do helps.

GFBison
09-07-2008, 05:12 AM
Seats in the corners would totally suck because of those pillars. They are not too easy to see around.

I've tried standing in the courners, can't see around the pillars. So, put video screens on the back side of the pillars.

That would be better then watching it in the concession area TV's, like I saw many people doing today.

No_Skill
09-07-2008, 01:46 PM
I've tried standing in the courners, can't see around the pillars. So, put video screens on the back side of the pillars.

That would be better then watching it in the concession area TV's, like I saw many people doing today.

Yeah do this. Sell them as obstructed view at a very discounted rate. Sure they wouldn't be the best seats, but at least you'd be there. If I had the choice between that and listening on the radio...I'd take the obstructed view seats in a heartbeat.