PDA

View Full Version : Laramie Tailgating

go_bison
09-05-2008, 04:44 PM
Just checking on what pre-game festivities are going to be like for the Bison Nation in Laramie. There are 5 of us driving from Fargo and plan to be in the parking lot as soon as we are allowed on Saturday morning. Any plans, suggestions, comments and complaints on the tailgating situation in Laramie?

Here's the link to U of WY football with tailgating info and parking lot map:

http://wyomingathletics.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/wyo-m-footbl-body.html

bri-dog
09-05-2008, 04:52 PM
I was wondering the same thing -- WYOBISONMAN (or anyone else), any insight on a game plan?

imported_Bisongold
09-05-2008, 05:00 PM
The NDSU Alumni Assoc. always has a tent with food and beverages. They have done an outstanding job at every away football game I have been at.

bri-dog
09-05-2008, 05:06 PM
"Only the Stadium, Bown, Gold, AA, and H lots have open container privileges."

The AA lot doesn't sound like a good spot for this group.:p

A Cowboy fan I golf with a lot says Washington Park is a good spot; he says it's roomier (about 4 blocks away) and a little less crazy. I kinda gave him my "WTF" look and told him I thought "crazy" was the general idea...:confused:

OldBison
09-05-2008, 05:20 PM
Just checking on what pre-game festivities are going to be like for the Bison Nation in Laramie. There are 5 of us driving from Fargo and plan to be in the parking lot as soon as we are allowed on Saturday morning. Any plans, suggestions, comments and complaints on the tailgating situation in Laramie?

Here's the link to U of WY football with tailgating info and parking lot map:

http://wyomingathletics.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/wyo-m-footbl-body.html

Actually, here is the link to the parking lot map which identifies the tailgate park:

http://www.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/wyo/genrel/auto_pdf/ParkingMap

roadwarrior
09-05-2008, 05:47 PM
The NDSU Alumni tent will be in the tailgating area.

roadwarrior
09-05-2008, 05:59 PM
209 people have pre-registered for the NDSU Alumni tailgating !!!!!!!!!!

d3boys
09-05-2008, 06:28 PM
I will be there

rdh701
09-05-2008, 07:12 PM
We'll be at the Alumni Tent also.

lakesbison
09-05-2008, 07:56 PM
The student lot is where we will be

17>1
09-05-2008, 08:18 PM
I will be there.

Jdubs21
09-05-2008, 08:54 PM
Count me and 4 others in!!!!!

Tatanka
09-06-2008, 01:14 AM
Risin' Bison and I will be there with our grill some food and the pop-up tent.:hungry:

bri-dog
09-06-2008, 01:33 AM
Risin' Bison and I will be there with our grill some food and the pop-up tent.:hungry:

I'm bringing a grill up from Denver, too. Just tried a spicy BBQ sauce recipe for chicken, turned out pretty good. Need to make up some more.

This is gonna be a blast!

THEsocalledfan
09-06-2008, 02:20 AM

Damn, tatanka, that is serious dedication. Had you even heard of NDSU before you took that job years ago?

(FYI, you comment the first time we took you to a basketball game at the BSA is still priceless. Wonder if you even remember what it was?)

Tatanka
09-06-2008, 02:48 AM
Damn, tatanka, that is serious dedication. Had you even heard of NDSU before you took that job years ago?

(FYI, you comment the first time we took you to a basketball game at the BSA is still priceless. Wonder if you even remember what it was?)
Yes, I had heard of NDSU, actually the year before I moved up to Fargo. I had several friends on the football team at Northeast Missouri State, who finally found a way to make the playoffs, only to get completely pwn3d by NDSU at Dacotah Field...

Now, if you're asking whether or not I remember a comment at a basketball game 15 years ago, well, I'm sure it was a classic. IIRC back then (much like now) I had a smartass comment for damn near everything. I'm hoping I've learned a thing or two since then... Either way, I'm sure a refresh of my memory is on its way? :hide:

THEsocalledfan
09-06-2008, 02:54 AM
Either way, I'm sure a refresh of my memory is on its way? :hide:

But of course:

DRUM ROLL PLEASE FOR A CLASSIC COMMENT FROM TATANKA UPON HIS FIRST ARRIVAL TO AN NDSU BASKETBALL GAME AT THE BSA WITH TAB AND MYSELF:

Tatanka quote:

"Damn, I have never seen more white people in one place in my life."

For TAB and I, who never really grew up in the center of divesity like Tatanka, it was pretty darn funny at the time.

Tatanka
09-06-2008, 03:08 AM
Yes, I do remember that actually... Honestly, the first football game I went to I thought I had stumbled in on a Klan rally. All a matter of perspective.

WYOBISONMAN
09-06-2008, 03:39 AM
Last year I gave enough money to Cowboy Joe to get in the stadium lot.....but this year we will all probably go to the Alumni tent.....

TransAmBison
09-08-2008, 02:27 AM
But of course:

DRUM ROLL PLEASE FOR A CLASSIC COMMENT FROM TATANKA UPON HIS FIRST ARRIVAL TO AN NDSU BASKETBALL GAME AT THE BSA WITH TAB AND MYSELF:

Tatanka quote:

"Damn, I have never seen more white people in one place in my life."

For TAB and I, who never really grew up in the center of divesity like Tatanka, it was pretty darn funny at the time.
We were talking about that at tailgating Saturday. THEsocalledfan, you should make it up for a game sometime and tip a few and talk over these old times with Tatanka and myself. SDBison probably has room in the crewcab!!

go_bison
09-09-2008, 07:50 PM
So which parking lot will the most of the Bison fans be in? Looks like there are several different lots that have "open container privileges".

roadwarrior
09-09-2008, 07:55 PM
The one on the SW side of the stadium.

17>1
09-09-2008, 08:00 PM
I will be there.

WYOBISONMAN
09-09-2008, 08:02 PM
I hope some of you hardcore fans with the big rigs come on over to Laramie. That would impress the hell out of these Cowboy fans!

go_bison
09-09-2008, 08:03 PM

Is that where the Alumni tent will be?

roadwarrior
09-09-2008, 08:04 PM
Yes that is where the NDSU alumni tent will be.

17>1
09-09-2008, 08:06 PM
Hey Road, is Mr. Guerrero (sp?) making the trip ?

bri-dog
09-09-2008, 08:14 PM
I hope some of you hardcore fans with the big rigs come on over to Laramie. That would impress the hell out of these Cowboy fans!

I don't know what qualifies as "big rigs", but this one will be there -- stop by and say hello (and have a :cheers: )...

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n305/bflaagan/bus1.jpg

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n305/bflaagan/bus2.jpg

roadwarrior
09-09-2008, 08:24 PM
Hey Road, is Mr. Guerrero (sp?) making the trip ?

I think he was planning on being there.

MN_BISON
09-09-2008, 08:31 PM
So are most people just planning on hitting the alumni tent? Our group will stop by there but I was hoping to meet some of the locals and tailgate with them as well. According to the WY website they only allow booze in lots X, IPF, Brown, AA and H, all located on the north and nw side of the stadium but I'm not sure if they are open to just anyone or if you have to be a member of the Cowboy Joe club or whatever it's called. If anyone has ideas or a game plan, post it.

Good to see you guys are taking your rig down Bri-Dog.

go_bison
09-09-2008, 08:38 PM

Looking at the map that is "Tailgate Park". Correct?

bri-dog
09-09-2008, 08:43 PM
Good to see you guys are taking your rig down Bri-Dog.

Not mine, but my brother is one of the owners. He's bringing 11, I think, and I've got 3 more coming up from Colorado.

17>1
09-10-2008, 03:00 PM
I think he was planning on being there.
That's great. DJ is a great man and real pleasure to talk to. And I thought I was a big Bison fan.

pcwyo
09-10-2008, 09:53 PM
Actually, here is the link to the parking lot map which identifies the tailgate park:

http://www.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/wyo/genrel/auto_pdf/ParkingMap

Actually, tailgate park is not for parking vehicles. It's a grassy area where tents and vendors are set up. I always thought it should be re-named, but they didn't ask me. The other parking lots shown as permit lots are all for Cowboy Joe Club members. I believe last year the Brown lot was also open for game day paid parking, but not sure that's the case this year. Perhaps someone could better answer parking questions on the GoWyoGo site if you wanted to pose a question.

http://wyoming.rivals.com/forum.asp?sid=896&fid=2159

IndyBison
09-11-2008, 03:03 PM
Yes that is where the NDSU alumni tent will be.
Registered attendees (http://www.ndsualumni.com/NetCommunity/Page.aspx?pid=556&srcid=556)
I didn't count how many people are registered now but the list is definitely long. I think you can still show up and pay but I would recommend registering in advance. They can plan better that way.

Civil06
09-11-2008, 03:23 PM
My group bought tickets to the tent a few days ago, but we're not yet listed. Add 4 to the registered total if you're counting.

bisongirl
09-11-2008, 03:28 PM
My group bought tickets to the tent a few days ago, but we're not yet listed. Add 4 to the registered total if you're counting.

We also registered late and are not added to the list yet. So that is 3 more. My last count of that list was right around 275.

fargocyclone
09-11-2008, 04:50 PM
Excel says that list is 365 people long now.

SDbison
09-11-2008, 04:51 PM
I will be there if I survive the drive from Sioux Falls with Lakes, Slick and another yet to be identified passenger. Stay tuned Bisonville, this could become a good story for a movie. I will probably stop by the Alumni tent, but have not registered yet.

SDbison
09-11-2008, 05:14 PM
So what is the deal, can NDSU fans park in one of the lots identified for Football Open Container? All those lots are permit only......WTF? So, do we have to park in one of the non-permit lots half a mile away and walk our beer in? Is that acceptable?

go_bison
09-11-2008, 06:09 PM
So what is the deal, can NDSU fans park in one of the lots identified for Football Open Container? All those lots are permit only......WTF? So, do we have to park in one of the non-permit lots half a mile away and walk our beer in? Is that acceptable?

I am wondering the same thing? We are tailgating but don't know where yet??? All I know is, we better be able to consume an adult beverage wherever we park.

bri-dog
09-11-2008, 06:12 PM

No, according to their "Parking Policies" http://www.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/wyo/genrel/auto_pdf/ParkingPolicies

"Open containers (alcohol) may not be carried on or across public streets"

Anybody know what the plan is?

MN_BISON
09-11-2008, 06:49 PM
I sent an email to someone in the Wyoming athletic department to find out where we should go if one wants to have a beverage or two, I will post it if I get a reply. According to their web site you can drink in lots X, IPF, Brown, AA and H but of course the problem is we don't know what lot we'll have access to because by the sounds of it many of the lots are reserved for Wyoming boosters. Again, I'll post the response if and when I get it.

bri-dog
09-11-2008, 06:54 PM
I sent an email to someone in the Wyoming athletic department to find out where we should go if one wants to have a beverage or two, I will post it if I get a reply. According to their web site you can drink in lots X, IPF, Brown, AA and H but of course the problem is we don't know what lot we'll have access to because by the sounds of it many of the lots are reserved for Wyoming boosters. Again, I'll post the response if and when I get it.

Sweet -- let us know what you find out. Reading on their website, it does look like ALL the lots that allow open containers are by permit only.

As I posted earlier, another option is Washington Park, but it appears to be 4 or 5 blocks away.:banghead:

MN_BISON
09-11-2008, 07:23 PM
Sweet -- let us know what you find out. Reading on their website, it does look like ALL the lots that allow open containers are by permit only.

As I posted earlier, another option is Washington Park, but it appears to be 4 or 5 blocks away.:banghead:

My email has been forwarded on to someone in the Cowboy Joe Club offices as it appears they are in charge of parking, hope to have an answer soon for everyone. Damn, I'm ready to go, tomorrow can't come soon enough.

Bisonfan1
09-11-2008, 10:02 PM
I will be there if I survive the drive from Sioux Falls with Lakes, Slick and another yet to be identified passenger. Stay tuned Bisonville, this could become a good story for a movie. I will probably stop by the Alumni tent, but have not registered yet.

Dont bother calling me for bail money, I dont have enough to get all of you out of the pokey !

MN_BISON
09-11-2008, 11:08 PM
Well here is their response........not what I was looking for...........

Glad you’re coming down for the game—hope it’s a good one and, of course, hope the Cowboys win!!
You are correct that the X, H, IPF, Brown and Stadium lots are for Cowboy Joe Club members and are open container lots. We do not have a particular lot that is open container for someone not a donor. There is free parking at the Baseball Complex lot which is located on Willett just off of 30th street but it is not open container.

We have a “Tailgate Park” where many fans gather and there is drinking allowed on the grounds. This is located on Grand Avenue and 20th Street and is quite visible.
This is open to everyone and hope you can attend this. There is also Washington Park which is located about four blocks south of the stadium where many fans picnic and have their beverages.

Hope this helps and let me know if I can help you. Have a safe flight!

lakesbison
09-11-2008, 11:27 PM
SCREW THE DONORS!!

IM GOING TO DONATE A LIVER AND DRIVE RIGHT IN. Maybe they will take a good will offerring at the gate for the day!?

otherwise.. Im taking some drinks and just make friends with the enemy until gametime.

WYOBISONMAN
09-11-2008, 11:32 PM
SCREW THE DONORS!!

IM GOING TO DONATE A LIVER AND DRIVE RIGHT IN. Maybe they will take a good will offerring at the gate for the day!?

otherwise.. Im taking some drinks and just make friends with the enemy until gametime.

LOL........vintage Lakesbison!:D

lakesbison
09-11-2008, 11:35 PM
WYO.. you and me.. shotgunning a coors light.... for $20.. its on!!

ha ha..

or we'll just share a cold one..

WYOBISONMAN
09-12-2008, 03:56 AM
WYO.. you and me.. shotgunning a coors light.... for $20.. its on!!

ha ha..

or we'll just share a cold one..

If we are at Altitude it will be microbrews.....and damn good stuff.

sambini
09-12-2008, 04:13 AM
The NDSU Alumni tent will be in the tailgating area.
Cadilac and Sambini will be there.

bri-dog
09-12-2008, 04:37 PM
That totally sucks that visitors can't tailgate!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Here's what I'm thinking we might do...since the Tailgate Park (where I think the Alumni tent will be) doesn't open until 2 1/2 hours before game time (10:30), I'm thinking maybe go to Washington Park at 9-ish or whatever, grill and drink a few brews, then head over to Tailgate Park and hang out before the game.

Anyone got any better ideas?

lakesbison
09-12-2008, 05:07 PM
Rape and pillage their women and take over their tailgate??

met1990
09-12-2008, 05:18 PM
Rape and pillage their women and take over their tailgate??

Well, since the game isn't televised, that'll be sure to get some coverage anyway.

lakesbison
09-12-2008, 05:29 PM
that's what i was thinking.

Ive been talkin to some wyoming people.. we gonna find a way to get into that dam tailgate lot!!!!!!!!!!

NDSUFan_Sav
09-12-2008, 05:43 PM
do what we did when we played the goofers....took over their tailgating places!!!!

IronRanger
09-12-2008, 07:19 PM
Make sure when you are down there that you permanently barrow and item of theirs to start up the traveling trophy with them. Like their gaint Boot.

Tatanka
09-13-2008, 04:28 AM
That totally sucks that visitors can't tailgate!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Here's what I'm thinking we might do...since the Tailgate Park (where I think the Alumni tent will be) doesn't open until 2 1/2 hours before game time (10:30), I'm thinking maybe go to Washington Park at 9-ish or whatever, grill and drink a few brews, then head over to Tailgate Park and hang out before the game.

Anyone got any better ideas?

bri-dog: it's on. Risin Bison and I will be at Washington Park with the tent and the grill at 9:00AM grilling and chilling. We'll close up shop at about 11 to move over to the Alumni tent and join the party there.

Nice meeting you tonight. See you tomorrow.

Jdubs21
09-13-2008, 01:25 PM
3 of us are comin to washington park, we also got hooked up with gettin into the tailgating lot tomorrow from someone we met at the alibi last nite, so anyone that wants to come in there with us is more than welcome

Tatanka
09-13-2008, 02:42 PM
party is on at the baseball field east of the stadium. look for the GREEN

Jdubs21
09-14-2008, 02:38 PM
thanks for the brats tatanka it was good meetin you and the rest of the bisonvillers

A1pigskin
09-14-2008, 04:34 PM
Being at the high altitude did one get drunk faster?

lakesbison
09-14-2008, 11:28 PM
After witnessing the display of the travelling bison fans up by the baseball stadium... we all could've got drunk seven leagues under the sea.....