PDA

View Full Version : The dan hammer show

rustywallace
09-04-2008, 01:03 AM
Im sorry if i missed this but when is the dan hammer show again and on what station.... thanks you

MNLonghorn10
09-04-2008, 01:07 AM
He got the axe. Finally.

rustywallace
09-04-2008, 01:10 AM
really? he got fired? jeese where have i been? so who fills in the noon to 2 spot and also does he do any other shows now days

let grand forks have him

tjbison
09-04-2008, 01:12 AM
He does the morning sports on KFGO usually during the Tom and Larry show5-30-8:30 maybe longer

IBleedYellow
09-04-2008, 01:17 AM
Took long enough, but glad to hear it.

larson311
09-04-2008, 01:20 AM
Hammer claimed on one of his last shows that KFGO wanted him to do more work over there....not sure if that means that he decided to move on or if that means he got the axe...

rustywallace
09-04-2008, 01:22 AM
tank take over his spot then or what?

UTH
09-04-2008, 01:25 AM
Hammer claimed on one of his last shows that KFGO wanted him to do more work over there....not sure if that means that he decided to move on or if that means he got the axe...

Here's a mop. Here's a mop bucket. Make sure you pay closer attention to the corners in the breakroom this time. And for crying out loud, do a better job cleaning the face-smears off the windows on the vending machines, too! That was some nasty stuff this morning. Damn you dumb, Danny!!!

*if this post annoys you, please feel free to follow the link in the signature below and chime in on today's election controversies...

larson311
09-04-2008, 01:29 AM
tank take over his spot then or what?

Common is on at noon now so its the regular schedule for KFAN

MNLonghorn10
09-04-2008, 02:04 AM
really? he got fired? jeese where have i been? so who fills in the noon to 2 spot and also does he do any other shows now days

let grand forks have him

Not fired, the dan hammer show from noon to 2 got the axe.

BisonCountry
09-04-2008, 02:52 AM
From the Sounds of it they will continue a Bison Week in Review program on Mondays. I for one will miss the program as I enjoyed having a local/regional sports program....I can live without Hartman.

I know many hate on Hammer just cause he's the UND Play by Play guy, but I thought he was very professional and his show did much more to pump up NDSU's programs than UND's IMHO.

NDSUFan_Sav
09-04-2008, 08:39 AM
Lakes and slic fill out and application for this position??? :D

westnodak93bison
09-04-2008, 01:03 PM
I thought he did a pretty good job and was definitely fair with his coverage.
Everybody wants a total homer.

tony
09-04-2008, 01:14 PM
I thought he did a pretty good job and was definitely fair with his coverage.
Everybody wants a total homer.

When I've listened to the show it's been good. It'd sure be bad to have little or no local content on the station.

Bison"FANatic"
09-04-2008, 01:28 PM
The local content is a big loss. He was usually fair in coverage for being the play by play guy for UND. I see this as a loss overall for our program, anytime you can get people talking about you on a radio program is usually a good thing and he did that on a consistant basis. Press, Press and more Press is a good thing not having the local sports station talking about the Bison as much is a bad thing.

tcbison
09-04-2008, 01:43 PM
I liked listening to Bison Rewind online. It is too bad it is gone because they were even starting to archive it on their website.

HerdBot
09-04-2008, 01:58 PM
Im sorry if i missed this but when is the dan hammer show again and on what station.... thanks you

Our new local guy will have to be Derek Hanson at 1660. He's even got a Bison webpoll on the site. http://1660espn.net/

I like Derek and he tends to spend more time focusing on things we care about... Twins, Vikes, Wild, Wolves, and of course Bison Football!

aces1180
09-04-2008, 02:04 PM
Our new local guy will have to be Derek Hanson at 1660. He's even got a Bison webpoll on the site. http://1660espn.net/

I like Derek and he tends to spend more time focusing on things we care about... Twins, Vikes, Wild, Wolves, and of course Bison Football!

Derek Hanson is not a new local guy....He has been around the area for over a decade.

HerdBot
09-04-2008, 02:21 PM
Derek Hanson is not a new local guy....He has been around the area for over a decade.

I know that. I used to listen to him back in the David Molton days. (anyone remember that guy?) I forgot about him but without the Hammer show I need someone to listen to regularily. 1660 hasn't really gotten talked about as much with the launch of KFAN

Bison53
09-04-2008, 06:29 PM
Steve Halstrom would be good!

A1pigskin
09-04-2008, 09:22 PM
Steve would have my vote.

d3boys
09-05-2008, 01:23 AM
bring back moulton

bincitysioux
09-05-2008, 02:13 AM

I'm more than a bit surprised that Dan Hammer's show can't make it in Fargo-Moorhead, but Derek Hanson's can.

Mr. Burgundy
09-05-2008, 02:18 AM
Hammer is a great guy, and a great "sports mind" but he is WAY too much of a Sioux fan to be in this market. He loves UND and no matter what "we" do, that won't change.

roadwarrior
09-05-2008, 02:37 AM
Hammer is a great guy, and a great "sports mind" but he is WAY too much of a Sioux fan to be in this market. He loves UND and no matter what "we" do, that won't change.

I only listened to his show last fall when Coach Bohl was on. No other times.

SlickVic
09-05-2008, 03:41 AM
hammer was hillarious thanks to trim daddy i listened to him all summer some of his phrases and topics made me bust out laughing if i had a dollar donation for every time he offered a caller free fm redhawks tickets only to be turned down id be a wheel in team makers terms ;) the way he phrased it wasnt like im giving away redhawks tickets he was always like u wanna go to the redhawks game tonight? like u wanna go with me to the redhawks game tonight lol and everytime with out fail the calller would be like ahhhhhh i gotta go lol trim can attest to this as me and him have prolly been his most loyal listeners throughtout the summer but i gotta be honest i was hooked on hammer he was hallarious made me bust out laughig 2-3 times a day...how about his "maple bats" discussion if i had a dime for everytime he used the word "maple bats" and also "turned the twins off early only to discover this morning during my daily bannana breakfast they won" lol wow hammer was the man not as a sports fan but just listening to him knowing what a dooch bag he was id take him over PA and dubay any day of the week twice on sunday :)

lakesbison
09-05-2008, 04:44 AM
I talked to common man at state fair.

hammers #'s were abysmmal.. Common is hilarious!!

there is a cult following with Common and if you don't get his schtick.. then you aint living man...

futhermore. Call into KFAN in the cities.. PA.Dubay will talk BISON. I know DUBAY loves the Bison, especially after we shut him up last year. and he's a big big gopher hockey fan.

Barreiro hates the gopher football coaches, so he will take calls for NDSU as well.

just try it!!

BA BYE hAMMER. mCFOOLY IS NEXT I HOPE!!

MNLonghorn10
09-05-2008, 11:10 AM
I love Common and his schtick also.

No not that stick