PDA

View Full Version : Tech/Video/Recording Info - Streaming Video Recorder Worth Looking At

CaBisonFan
09-01-2008, 03:42 PM
I found a streaming recorder that actually works. A lot of them claim to be able to grab video/audio streaming from the internet...but this one actually works. You can use the demo forever for highlight clips...in other words, shorter ones...I think up to ten minutes.

It's called WM Recorder. Download the demo and just keep using it. Every time you start it up, just tell it to continue in demo mode.

For longer recordings...you can purchase the full version...schedule recordings, etc. I found their tech support to be excellent when I had a few problems. Even got a refund when I made a mistake and ordered the wrong product from them.

It's excellent.

There are probably others, but this one actually grabs the url vs. trying to take the video & audio from within your computer system.

Not sure how legal it is. That's your choice.

I ran across it on cnet.com...the best place to find software that's either free, has demos, and can be purchase eventually at a reasonable price. Good rating system, etc.

Try out the demo. It's a hoot.

I mostly use the program to go onto YouTube to grab old live videos of some of my favorite bands. I'm a big fan of a lot of bands, but there's a video on YouTube of 'Chicago' when Terry Kath was alive, and singing 'Make Me Smile.' For me...it's the most amazing live video, showing Kath leading the real Chicago band when they were a real rock band. If you're an old Chicago fan, it'll blow you away. There are some videos of the Police from Montreal in something like 1983 that are also incredible. You name the group...they're there...including Bison clips.

WM Recorder

http://www.wmrecorder.com/

If you need some help with it...send me a pm. :nod:

Bison101
09-01-2008, 05:00 PM
I found a streaming recorder that actually works. A lot of them claim to be able to grab video/audio streaming from the internet...but this one actually works. You can use the demo forever for highlight clips...in other words, shorter ones...I think up to ten minutes.

It's called WM Recorder. Download the demo and just keep using it. Every time you start it up, just tell it to continue in demo mode.

For longer recordings...you can purchase the full version...schedule recordings, etc. I found their tech support to be excellent when I had a few problems. Even got a refund when I made a mistake and ordered the wrong product from them.

It's excellent.

There are probably others, but this one actually grabs the url vs. trying to take the video & audio from within your computer system.

Not sure how legal it is. That's your choice.

I ran across it on cnet.com...the best place to find software that's either free, has demos, and can be purchase eventually at a reasonable price. Good rating system, etc.

Try out the demo. It's a hoot.

I mostly use the program to go onto YouTube to grab old live videos of some of my favorite bands. I'm a big fan of a lot of bands, but there's a video on YouTube of 'Chicago' when Terry Kath was alive, and singing 'Make Me Smile.' For me...it's the most amazing live video, showing Kath leading the real Chicago band when they were a real rock band. If you're an old Chicago fan, it'll blow you away. There are some videos of the Police from Montreal in something like 1983 that are also incredible. You name the group...they're there...including Bison clips.

WM Recorder

http://www.wmrecorder.com/

If you need some help with it...send me a pm. :nod:

Note- Real Player works great too for downloading Youtube vids.