PDA

View Full Version : Joe made the cut!

Mervin72
08-30-2008, 10:42 PM
As a long time Eagles fan I was probably the second most excited person (behind Joe Mays) when he was drafted with the 200th pick by the Eagles. Well, for those of you that haven't been follow him in the preseason, he made quite an impression in Philly. Even earned himself a nickname, the "HeadBuster". The Eagles website had 4 different articles on him during the preseason. After leading the team in tackles game 1 and game 3 he came up with 8 solo and 4 assisted tackles in the last preseason game, cementing his position as the #2 MLB. Rosters were just announced, and he made it. It actually would have been more of a suprise if he wouldn't have made the team. Congrats to Joe! You deserved it! Here's to a long and productive pro career.

IBleedYellow
08-30-2008, 10:43 PM
Let's tip our hats and raise our glasses boys!!!!
Go get em HeadBuster!!!
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

TheDoctor
08-30-2008, 11:08 PM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=16006

Final cuts are in and Joe was not one of them. He knew yesterday when I talked to him that he was safe, but I figured I'd wait until something formal comes out. Congrats again Joe! You deserve it! ;)

Mervin72
08-30-2008, 11:31 PM
Merv----you road tripping to Chicago on Sept. 25th with me to see Joe at Soldier Field????? ;)

B1SON- Would love too but the I am heading to the Wyoming game, so not sure the wife will be on board with me going to Chi-town. Plus I think that's her B-Day weekend..... I better check that out.

Bison"FANatic"
08-31-2008, 12:25 AM
That is great news. 1st ones the hardest now if he can keep impressing we will see him on a regular basis.

Here's to you Joe.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

NWNDBison
08-31-2008, 01:41 AM
Congratulations, Joe. Go bust some heads!

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=16008

Sixth-round draft pick Joe Mays is only 5-11, but hits like a Mack truck. He had 28 tackles in the preseason, the second-highest total in the NFL. There was no question about his downhill ability, but he showed that he could be more than competent in pass coverage and special teams.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=16006

Rookie linebacker Joe Mays won the job as the backup middle linebacker. His ability to hit like a truck made him a fan favorite at Lehigh. Veteran Rocky Boiman, who was brought in to solidify the special teams unit, earned a spot on the roster as well. He is the primary backup on the strong side to Chris Gocong.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/20080830_McDougle_doesnt_make_the_cut.html

Another surprise was rookie linebacker Joe Mays, who made the squad as a sixth-round pick out of North Dakota State.

"He made a ton of plays; he was a tackling machine in pre-season," Heckert said. "He was not a real difficult [decision]. He made a ton of plays and that is what you want your middle linebacker to do."

-------

Surprise? How is Joe Mays a surprise to make the 53-man cut? He's the leading tackler on the team in pre-season, for Pete's sake! Oh, I get it! Small school. Middle of nowhere. 6th round draft pick. Perceived DII by sportswriters.

Mervin72
08-31-2008, 02:03 AM
Surprise? How is Joe Mays a surprise to make the 53-man cut? He's the leading tackler on the team in pre-season, for Pete's sake! Oh, I get it! Small school. Middle of nowhere. 6th round draft pick. Perceived DII by sportswriters.

Exactly. On this post below, the original story was that he was from a DII school. They changed the story after I pointed out that NDSU was FCS school. Apparently unless you played in one of the 6 power conference's its a shock if you make a pro team. Sheeez.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=15836

MAKBison
08-31-2008, 03:19 AM
So do you do ya think :ranting: it will get more than a small blip from the local media?

imabison
08-31-2008, 05:10 AM
So do you do ya think :ranting: it will get more than a small blip from the local media?
It will when its official, and they read this board :) :)

MAKBison
08-31-2008, 05:34 AM
It will when its official, and they read this board :) :)

This was written before the cut....but it is still good!

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/99-08302008-1583605.html

HerdBot
08-31-2008, 06:20 AM

I'm sure he will get less recognition for making an NFL team than Weston Dressler will make in Canada! :)

MAKBison
08-31-2008, 07:07 AM
WHAT THE…..:banghead: :ranting:

http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/213285

JM survives.....why use the negative connotation?????

How about NDSU’s JM Erupts through T.Camp and becomes NFL’s Newest Eagle

I mean the guy did make the 2nd team by week 3, made the highlight reel on ESPN and is the only name the eagles announces could say in 3 preseason games.
Either the dipshits at the forum cannot write....and trust me I know I am not one to lecture anyone on writing, or they just cant stand to give up the props.

NWNDBison
08-31-2008, 07:47 AM
WHAT THE…..:banghead: :ranting:

http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/213285

JM survives.....why use the negative connotation?????

How about NDSU’s JM Erupts through T.Camp and becomes NFL’s Newest Eagle

I mean the guy did make the 2nd team by week 3, made the highlight reel on ESPN and is the only name the eagles announces could say in 3 preseason games.
Either the dipshits at the forum cannot write....and trust me I know I am not one to lecture anyone on writing, or they just cant stand to give up the props.

I'd like to read your article, MAKBison. Sounds like good stuff, really. Your "NDSU’s JM Erupts through T.Camp and becomes NFL’s Newest Eagle," is way too long to be a headline, but would make a great lead sentence.

But in defense of the Forum, what they printed is just a copy and paste of an AP blurb. It is Labor Day weekend, you know, and I'm thinkin' even the sportswriters need a break to be with their families sometime. And there isn't a lot goin' on in local sports right now. The only local sports story with a by-line in the online edition of the Forum was Heath Hotzler's coverage of the Grover's football opener. So, he was busy. Somebody left a note for some copy boy on their way out the door for the weekend to make sure they got a blurb in on Joe Mays.

I may have to eat my words, but I'm thinking one of the regulars will prepare a nice story next week. Of course, they could have had one prepared in advance on Mays. After all, it wasn't a surprise. The surprise would have been if the Eagles cut him.

MAKBison
08-31-2008, 08:17 AM
I'd like to read your article, MAKBison. Sounds like good stuff, really. Your "NDSU’s JM Erupts through T.Camp and becomes NFL’s Newest Eagle," is way too long to be a headline, but would make a great lead sentence.

But in defense of the Forum, what they printed is just a copy and paste of an AP blurb. It is Labor Day weekend, you know, and I'm thinkin' even the sportswriters need a break to be with their families sometime. And there isn't a lot goin' on in local sports right now. The only local sports story with a by-line in the online edition of the Forum was Heath Hotzler's coverage of the Grover's football opener. So, he was busy. Somebody left a note for some copy boy on their way out the door for the weekend to make sure they got a blurb in on Joe Mays.

I may have to eat my words, but I'm thinking one of the regulars will prepare a nice story next week. Of course, they could have had one prepared in advance on Mays. After all, it wasn't a surprise. The surprise would have been if the Eagles cut him.

You might be right, we will see holiday and all!

How about this.... JM in the NFL

Better yet....NDSU'S JM in the NFL!
then lead with .....NDSU’s JM Erupts through T.Camp and becomes NFL’s Newest Eagle! Mays known for bone crushing hits..... Kolpeck you can use this if you want...LOL JK

imabison
08-31-2008, 02:42 PM
You might be right, we will see holiday and all!

How about this.... JM in the NFL

Better yet....NDSU'S JM in the NFL!
then lead with .....NDSU’s JM Erupts through T.Camp and becomes NFL’s Newest Eagle! Mays known for bone crushing hits..... Kolpeck you can use this if you want...LOL JK
Now if they can get a short video clip of Joe in a Eagles uniform to add to the pregame video, or play at the 3rd quarter it would be awesome!!!

Till
08-31-2008, 03:41 PM
Have Joe on the team makes my trip to Philly in 3 weeks to see them play for the first time all that much sweeter.

TheDoctor
08-31-2008, 05:19 PM
Have Joe on the team makes my trip to Philly in 3 weeks to see them play for the first time all that much sweeter.

Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Mr. Burgundy
08-31-2008, 06:07 PM
I think using a clip of Joe May flipping Limas Sweed and making top plays on ESPN is a must on the bigscreen....and since I know they are reading this....please put this on the big screen.

Last Husker game I was at, they had a "Name that Husker" deal on their jumbotron. Started with a baby picture, then it went to little league, then to a high school shot....and pretty much by then the fans were able to name the Husker....but it is funny....and not much work. Get some great shots from about 5 kids on the team. Some starters, talk to their parents...they read this board. Just use the jumbotrons better....and I see that I am totally off track again. Sorry.

TheDoctor
08-31-2008, 08:24 PM
I think using a clip of Joe May flipping Limas Sweed and making top plays on ESPN is a must on the bigscreen....and since I know they are reading this....please put this on the big screen.

Last Husker game I was at, they had a "Name that Husker" deal on their jumbotron. Started with a baby picture, then it went to little league, then to a high school shot....and pretty much by then the fans were able to name the Husker....but it is funny....and not much work. Get some great shots from about 5 kids on the team. Some starters, talk to their parents...they read this board. Just use the jumbotrons better....and I see that I am totally off track again. Sorry.

Off track yes......BUT very good point!!!!! ;)

MAKBison
08-31-2008, 09:23 PM

Take some video!!!!! Utube!

NWNDBison
09-01-2008, 08:45 AM
What we all knew, confirmed:

http://www.courierpostonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080901/SPORTS02/809010320/1002

Hits like Mays

Among the rookies, linebacker Joe Mays was the lowest Eagles draft pick -- 200th pick overall, sixth round -- to make the 53-man roster.

Heckert said it wasn't close.

"Not that you guys aren't football geniuses, but (even) you guys can figure it out," Heckert said on a Saturday conference call with the media.

"(Mays) made a ton of plays. He was a tackling machine in the preseason, so he wasn't a real difficult (decision)."

56BISON73
09-01-2008, 01:24 PM
Congrats to Joe!!!! PL

NWNDBison
09-01-2008, 02:01 PM
New locker room video on what it took to make the team:
(Joe says his most valuable tackle was the one he made on special teams because that's where he's most likely to see action.)

http://philadelphiaeagles.com/multimedia/index.asp?mm_file_id=5741&play_clip=y

Interesting side-note. Rocky Boiman made the team, too, as a linebacker, but the next day he was cut to make room for Tank Daniels from the New York Giants who started his career with the Eagles in 2006. In the NFL you are never safe. 0 job security.

MAKBison
09-01-2008, 08:44 PM
From one of my students who lives in Philly and is a diehard fan……this is what the locals are saying…

Joe Mays made the cut and is backing up Stewart Bradley (injury prone). He could be our starting
MLB.

Sixth-round draft pick Joe Mays is only 5-11, but hits like a Mack truck. He had 28 tackles in the preseason, the second-highest total in the NFL. There was no question about his downhill ability, but he showed that he could be more than competent in pass coverage and special teams.

SamsRams
09-01-2008, 10:46 PM
Great news, but I think most of us expected it!! Great job Joe.

Didn't see this posted, but if you got to NFL.com and then stats, look who is at the top of the preseason stats with w picture and everything. GO JOE!!

http://www.nfl.com/stats/player

TheDoctor
09-01-2008, 11:01 PM
While we expected it, how many other fans expected their home town hero to make the team as well. Here are the last 5 picks by the Eagles in the draft, including a 4th rounder. How many of them made the team???? You guessed it, just Joe. Great job buddy! You continue to make me proud! ;)

2008 Eagles Draft
4 32 (131) J. Ikegwuonu Wisconsin
6 18 (184) M. Gibson OG California
6 34 (200) J. Mays NDSU
6 37 (203) A. Studebaker DE Wheaton
7 23 (230) K. Dunlap OT Auburn

Bison Dan
09-01-2008, 11:46 PM
While we expected it, how many other fans expected their home town hero to make the team as well. Here are the last 5 picks by the Eagles in the draft, including a 4th rounder. How many of them made the team???? You guessed it, just Joe. Great job buddy! You continue to make me proud! ;)

2008 Eagles Draft
4 32 (131) J. Ikegwuonu Wisconsin
6 18 (184) M. Gibson OG California
6 34 (200) J. Mays NDSU
6 37 (203) A. Studebaker DE Wheaton
7 23 (230) K. Dunlap OT Auburn

Joe didn't get any FCS love either in the preseason and post season awards but I wonder how many FCS LBers made a Pro team this year? Good Job Joe! I'll be watching you on the tube.

Mr. Burgundy
09-02-2008, 12:26 AM
I think his game with 12 tackles is on right now. NFL Network. I am stuck on the UCLA game watching the WR's of course....because they have the best coach in the biz. Reggie Moore!!!! I can't wait until he finds a kid that can't quite make it at UCLA...."Have you 'herd' of NDSU? You need to play for Coach Bohl."

bisoneer
09-02-2008, 01:21 AM
Congatulations to Big Joe Mays, not surprised at all by the new nickname either there Mr. Headbuster!!!!!!!!

A1pigskin
09-03-2008, 02:31 AM
First of all, Congrats to Joe, it's well deserved. I'm sure he'll make us proud.

It chaps my ass when these sportwriters and commentators belittle us.

RowdyRabbit
09-03-2008, 02:42 AM
Awesome to see Mays made the team and even earned a studly nickname.

Go easy on my Redskins Joe!

Congrats!

sambini
09-03-2008, 10:10 AM
Congrats Joe+++++++++++++++

17>1
09-03-2008, 01:12 PM
He could do damage to every team in the east for all I care. Take 'em all out Joe, no mercy. Anyone know where abouts he'll be lining up on the kick coverage or is it to soon to tell ? Just wondering if they designate a few individuals to blow up the wedge or if it's whoever happens to be there. Best of luck Joe !!!! Go Vikes, Go Philly and of course Go Bison !!!

99Bison
09-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Great job Joe, congrats and go get em!

TheBisonator
09-04-2008, 09:36 PM
Joe will be a starter within the next two seasons.

I predict this now.

NDSU1980
09-04-2008, 10:42 PM

I predict this now.

And, I predict that the sun will rise in the east tomorrow too. Looks like we both like to go out on the limb, don't we? He he he.

TheDoctor
09-05-2008, 03:12 AM

I predict this now.

I actually see this as a bold prediction. I sure hope you are right!!!!!!! ;)

TbonZach
09-05-2008, 03:19 AM
And, I predict that the sun will rise in the east tomorrow too.

I actually see this as a bold prediction. I sure hope you are right!!!!!!!

;)

*I'm bored, tired, and have no idea what that's supposed to mean.

TheDoctor
09-05-2008, 04:09 AM
I wasn't talking about the sun prediction. Nice try though. ;)

TheDoctor
09-07-2008, 07:06 PM
Joe told me yesterday that he didn't think he'd be activited for the game today. Here is hoping they changed their minds! ;)

CarringtonBison
09-07-2008, 10:18 PM
Joe told me yesterday that he didn't think he'd be activited for the game today. Here is hoping they changed their minds! ;)

Reason why?? I watched most of the game and it being a blowout was hoping to see him play a lot more.

westnodak93bison
09-07-2008, 10:21 PM
why wouldnt he be activated if he is #2 at mlb?

Till
09-07-2008, 11:16 PM
I think it has something to do with the injuries at WR for Philly. Also, they signed a backup SAM 'backer in Tank Daniels who was with them a couple years ago and was a stud on special teams. Guess they couldn't afford to activate both.

Also, realistically if the MLB goes does Omar Gaither will slide from WLB to MLB and Akeem Jordan will play WLB. Hopefully Joe can assert himself on Special Teams in the next few weeks.

A1pigskin
09-08-2008, 01:39 AM
I've been on pins and needles all day to watch Joe play.

CarringtonBison
09-08-2008, 01:46 AM
I've been on pins and needles all day to watch Joe play.

i agree, i saw that the philly game was on in HD and it wasn't working well so i was on the roof adjusting it to watch the game only to not see him. crud.

TheDoctor
09-09-2008, 02:50 AM
Jai Mays arrived tonight at 9:50 Eastern. Mom and baby are good. He didn't have weight or inches yet. Congrats Joe! ;)

roper1313
09-09-2008, 03:02 PM
Jai David Booty Mays arrived tonight at 9:50 Eastern. Mom and baby are good. He didn't have weight or inches yet. Congrats Joe! ;)

It's been a pretty good late summer for the Mays' family. Congrats!!

Bison_Pride
12-27-2008, 12:18 PM
Since most of the college games are done we can check in on our old friend Joe Mays. He has been activated for two games ahead of players drafted well ahead of him. He is still listed as the backup MLB on the depth chart behind Stewart Bradley. Here is the midseason report.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=16840

TheDoctor
12-27-2008, 03:53 PM
Talked to Joe last night and he said there is a good chance he may dress on Sunday (depends on the injury situation with other players). Lets hope they stay injured! ;)

d3boys
12-27-2008, 05:09 PM
Talked to Joe last night and he said there is a good chance he may dress on Sunday (depends on the injury situation with other players). Lets hope they stay injured! ;)

nice.......

i'm with you though

lakesbison
12-27-2008, 06:00 PM
Joe & Drago on the field same day.. PROUD TO BE A BISON@!!

OldBison
12-27-2008, 08:17 PM
Joe & Drago on the field same day.. PROUD TO BE A BISON@!!

I didn't think Mays saw the field at all this year, as in he was never activated and never in uniform. Does anyone know anything different?

Bisonguy
12-27-2008, 08:47 PM
I didn't think Mays saw the field at all this year, as in he was never activated and never in uniform. Does anyone know anything different?
He was activated for two games. Just saw the field on special teams.

TheDoctor
12-27-2008, 08:51 PM
He was activated for two games. Just saw the field on special teams.

More specifically covered a punt one time during each game. The first game he played in was in Chicago and then 2 weeks later in San Francisco. It was fun to be there when he saw his first action, he was so excited. In fact, if you noticed, he paced the sideline for the ENTIRE game. Hope he gets some PT this week. ;)

CaBisonFan
12-28-2008, 08:17 PM
More specifically covered a punt one time during each game. The first game he played in was in Chicago and then 2 weeks later in San Francisco. It was fun to be there when he saw his first action, he was so excited. In fact, if you noticed, he paced the sideline for the ENTIRE game. Hope he gets some PT this week. ;)

Is he suited up today?

sambini
12-29-2008, 01:17 AM
I saw him behind Coach Reid in strret clothes in the second half.

Bison bison
12-29-2008, 02:38 PM
I don't see what the big deal about mays being street clothes.

I think joe might kick even more a$$ on the football field if he was wearing a sweatshirt and Keds.

TheBisonator
12-29-2008, 11:00 PM
Anyone know if Joe will be activated for the playoff game next Sunday??

TheDoctor
12-30-2008, 01:59 AM
Anyone know if Joe will be activated for the playoff game next Sunday??

Talked to him today and he is hopeful. He said if he had dressed he would have seen PT on special teams as early as the 2nd quarter and maybe ever some LB in the 4th. He is getting me some tickets so I am going to get to sport my new #51 Mays Eagles T-Shirt my sister got for me for Christmas, at the game. Anyone else thinking about going? ;)

MN_BISON
12-30-2008, 03:41 AM
Talked to him today and he is hopeful. He said if he had dressed he would have seen PT on special teams as early as the 2nd quarter and maybe ever some LB in the 4th. He is getting me some tickets so I am going to get to sport my new #51 Mays Eagles T-Shirt my sister got for me for Christmas, at the game. Anyone else thinking about going? ;)

There were still 20,000 tickets available this evening. Can you say blackout? :smh:

larson311
12-30-2008, 04:00 AM
There were still 20,000 tickets available this evening. Can you say blackout? :smh:

No chance! Like I care though, I don't live in the cities.

SDbison
12-30-2008, 02:57 PM
Sure, I will go if you can get me one of those free tickets..........

Civil06
12-30-2008, 05:00 PM

I'll be sitting in row 9 a few seats away from the Vikings tunnel. There's still a ton of great seats for anybody interested.

lakesbison
12-30-2008, 06:16 PM
im in sect 235 !!! REPRESENTIN!!!!

bisonhusker
12-30-2008, 07:11 PM
Section 132. 18 rows up. 40 yard line.

ndsubison1
12-31-2008, 07:35 AM
would love to go!!! GO EAGLES... McNabb 4-0 vs. Vikings... Vikings last playoff game was a loss to the Eagles... I'm liking my Eagles' chances...

THEsocalledfan
12-31-2008, 12:43 PM
would love to go!!! GO EAGLES... McNabb 4-0 vs. Vikings... Vikings last playoff game was a loss to the Eagles... I'm liking my Eagles' chances...

Communists are not allowed on this board.....

TheDoctor
12-31-2008, 01:18 PM

Couldn't agree more! :D ;)

SUBISON247
12-31-2008, 06:53 PM
I don't care who wins as long as the Vikings lose. Man I hate the grape popsicle.

bisonmike2
12-31-2008, 07:14 PM

Or can you say 2012 Los Angeles Vikings? I heard the ticket count is down to 14K so we'll see about 6K more sell and then somebody (FOX 9) will step in and eat the rest of the tickets so the game is on TV.

onbison09
12-31-2008, 08:14 PM
That's just pathetic a blackout is even possible. WTF?

MN_BISON
01-01-2009, 05:13 AM
Just heard on ESPN that Bradley, the starting middle LB for Philly has a broken rib but expects to play. So with him being dinged up does that mean Joe will dress? Hope to see #51 on Sunday, I'll be cheering for him if he plays but rooting on the Purple.

Bisonfan1
01-01-2009, 02:37 PM
im in sect 235 !!! REPRESENTIN!!!!

WOW Lakes, will you need portable oxygen and a spotting scope waaay up there ?? Are u in good enough shape to climb waaay up all those stairs ?? Ha Ha, actually just went to the Vikings site and punched in best available, and there are seats on the 30 yard line 20 rows up, seems to be plenty good seats to be had yet. Unreal. Weather looks like it will be snow and high winds on Friday and Saturday, could make for an interesting drive to Mpls. Hope to see #51 play, that would be choice. Looks like Pat Williams will try and play for the Vikes, going to wear some kind of shoulder brace.

CaBisonFan
01-02-2009, 03:38 AM
WOW Lakes, will you need portable oxygen and a spotting scope waaay up there ?? Are u in good enough shape to climb waaay up all those stairs ?? Ha Ha, actually just went to the Vikings site and punched in best available, and there are seats on the 30 yard line 20 rows up, seems to be plenty good seats to be had yet. Unreal. Weather looks like it will be snow and high winds on Friday and Saturday, could make for an interesting drive to Mpls. Hope to see #51 play, that would be choice. Looks like Pat Williams will try and play for the Vikes, going to wear some kind of shoulder brace.

I have a phobia about heights...and I've never liked the steep incline in the upper deck at the baggie.

Have a great time at the game bisonfan1.

May the force be with the Vikes.

Lakes...be careful up there. Say hi to my brother Daryl. :D

bisonaudit
01-02-2009, 01:02 PM
As of COB Thursday.

8,000 remaining. NFL may grant an additional 24 hours (to Saturday afternoon). Vikings do not expect any corporate help in moving the remaining tickets.

IzzyFlexion
01-02-2009, 03:25 PM
Hopefully the economic plague will finally start to trickle down far enough to impact professional sports. Just like any other industry the market will only bear so much in terms of cost, value, demand, etc. Pro sports may finally be realizing that they are pricing themselves right out the "average joe's" ability to enjoy a ballpark experience. And as for the attitude that the seats will simply be backfilled with corporate ticket holders..............don't be too sure. That too will be affected eventually. TV contracts won't be immune either. The game is already being ruined and lengthened way too far with 400 commercials per hour.

Hammerhead
01-02-2009, 08:05 PM
I wonder if it really is the economy since most of the seats still available are the good ones.

While my wife and I enjoy attending one game every year, but it is kind of nice to watch them at home on a comfy couch where the food is much cheaper.

Herd80
01-02-2009, 09:11 PM
InForum says that FOX announced that the blackout won't extend to the F-M area.

aces1180
01-02-2009, 09:15 PM
InForum says that FOX announced that the blackout won't extend to the F-M area.

It's weird though...Anything to the east of Perham, MN is in the Minneapolis DBA and will not get the game. For those living in Park Rapids, however, they get both KMSP and KVRR from ACS Video. So they will get the game, while towns like Walker and Wadena will not.

rutlandbison
01-02-2009, 11:27 PM
I wonder if this blizzard has anything to do with the low attendance? It's supposed to his the Twin Cities area on Sunday.

Hope Joe can play!!!

TheDoctor
01-02-2009, 11:44 PM
I am going to this game for two reasons: 1. Support Joe 2. Root against the Vikings. I'll be sporting my #51 Mays Eagles shirt and waiving my plastic finger (looks like a foam finger) with Joe on it. Go Eagles! :D ;)

P.S.- Please don't get offended if you are a Vikings fan, in fact feel sorry for me: I am a Bears fan! :rofl:

rutlandbison
01-03-2009, 12:42 AM
I am going to this game for two reasons: 1. Support Joe 2. Root against the Vikings. I'll be sporting my #51 Mays Eagles shirt and waiving my plastic finger (looks like a foam finger) with Joe on it. Go Eagles! :D ;)

P.S.- Please don't get offended if you are a Vikings fan, in fact feel sorry for me: I am a Bears fan! :rofl:

If your bears would have taken care of business you would be going to watch them play the Vikes.:nod:

TheDoctor
01-03-2009, 12:47 AM
If your bears would have taken care of business you would be going to watch them play the Vikes.:nod:

Very true! ;)

onbison09
01-03-2009, 02:01 AM
Hopefully the economic plague will finally start to trickle down far enough to impact professional sports. Just like any other industry the market will only bear so much in terms of cost, value, demand, etc. Pro sports may finally be realizing that they are pricing themselves right out the "average joe's" ability to enjoy a ballpark experience. And as for the attitude that the seats will simply be backfilled with corporate ticket holders..............don't be too sure. That too will be affected eventually. TV contracts won't be immune either. The game is already being ruined and lengthened way too far with 400 commercials per hour.
Especially during the BSC on FOX. They actually went a commercial with 4 FREAKING SECONDS left in the Orange Bowl. Is there an official blackout? I hope this sends a message to the scumbag owners like Jerry Jones.

CaBisonFan
01-03-2009, 04:46 AM

Hey...I just did a search and found this website on Chicago QBs. They've had 42 starters since 1992. And people think the Bison have a problem.

http://www.bearshistory.com/lore/chicagobearsquarterbacks.aspx

Hope you get to see Joe play some. Have a great time. :nod:

TheDoctor
01-03-2009, 06:00 AM
Hey...I just did a search and found this website on Chicago QBs. They've had 42 starters since 1992. And people think the Bison have a problem.

AND the funny part is they played in a Super Bowl! ;)

DIBISON
01-03-2009, 06:09 AM

And also how many NFC North titles have they won since 2000?

The Bears win without a quarterback!!

I heard this is the Vikings first division title since 2000!!!!!! Isn't that EIGHT YEARS?

CaBisonFan
01-03-2009, 06:13 AM

That 'is' the funny part. They always seem to have a couple of throw-back defensive players that eat raw flesh...and if they can get a quarterback to do nothing really wrong, they have a shot at a title. It's like..."Rex, throw the ball at the dirt...OK?"

Just think if they'd had an Elway or someone like that for about 15 years.

I'll never forget the Super Bowl champs of the mid 80s...not sure of the year. They were scary good. McMahon was the perfect quarterback for Chicago...Singletary, and a bunch of head hunters. Ouch!

As for me...I used to bleed purple & gold...but it's worn off over the years. Older Vikings fans have a fear of the Super Bowl. Bud Grant's brother lives 3 houses down from us. We don't really know him. Ah...Bud Grant...Mr. Emotion.

CaBisonFan
01-03-2009, 07:37 AM
Especially during the BSC on FOX. They actually went a commercial with 4 FREAKING SECONDS left in the Orange Bowl. Is there an official blackout? I hope this sends a message to the scumbag owners like Jerry Jones.

That's unreal. I didn't see it. I skipped almost the whole Orange Bowl game because of the teams. Somehow I couldn't get interested. I agree that the commercials have gotten out of hand.

I've been to the Fiesta Bowl twice and the Orange Bowl once. The damn commercial timeouts take the intensity out of the crowd. Everyone gets all worked up and crazy..."timeout." Wha?! What was that for?!! Who in the hell called timeout??!!#$@# Then it takes forever for things to wind up again. They're exciting to be at in a way...but bring a pillow.

IzzyFlexion
01-03-2009, 01:06 PM

The QB situation with the Chicago Bears is the biggest joke in the history of professional sports. Jerry Angelo is the biggest douche GM of all time. It was reported the other day that now he's re-evaluating/re-considering Rex Grossman. He feels that he might be a better fit at QB for the Bears next year!!

IzzyFlexion
01-03-2009, 01:08 PM

And embarrased themselves big-time!

TheDoctor
01-03-2009, 04:19 PM
And embarrased themselves big-time!

I think at one time the score was 7-0 Bears, was it not? :D Ok, Ok, don't finisht the game for me....please! ;)

IzzyFlexion
01-03-2009, 04:49 PM
I think at one time the score was 7-0 Bears, was it not? :D Ok, Ok, don't finisht the game for me....please! ;)

Yup. 7-0 Bears after Devin Hester returned the opening kickoff 92 yards.
Now the geniuses have pulled Hester from kickoff returns. Yes, that's the same Devin Hester that is easily the most prolific kickoff return man in the history of the NFL. (based on attempts, years in the league, etc.)
Oh, just for the record....he's still returning punts......whoopty-shit!

TheDoctor
01-04-2009, 02:50 AM
Unfortunately, Joe will not dress tomorrow. ;)

CaBisonFan
01-04-2009, 04:33 AM
Unfortunately, Joe will not dress tomorrow. ;)

Now what ???!!!

CaBisonFan
01-04-2009, 04:34 AM
And also how many NFC North titles have they won since 2000?

The Bears win without a quarterback!!

I heard this is the Vikings first division title since 2000!!!!!! Isn't that EIGHT YEARS?

No doubt...the Vikes have been horrible since the last good Dennie Green team.