PDA

View Full Version : End of 3rd Quarter Video

NDFAN2
08-29-2008, 03:08 PM
Did anyone else think the submitted video that they played at the end of the 3rd quarter got a little long, and that it really didn't have much of a point to it?

Plus, the first play of the 4th quarter was a 4th down situation for AP, and they were going for the first down instead of punting and therefore the video didn't allow the crowd to get into it. I guess the game was in hand at that time so it doesn't matter much anymore, but I'm just wondering if this is going to be an every home game occurrance at the end of the 3rd quarter.

TAILG8R
08-29-2008, 03:11 PM
I just think they didn't have the foresight to think about how much time they were going to have. Introducing the submitters and explaining the youtube Be Herd thing and then playing the video. I have to say I was a little embarrassed that the football game was being held up by the video.

roadwarrior
08-29-2008, 03:54 PM
You mean this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5p4XclRbIE

Yeah, i don't think there is 3:48 worth of time between quarters.

NorthernBison
08-29-2008, 04:12 PM
I just think they didn't have the foresight to think about how much time they were going to have. Introducing the submitters and explaining the youtube Be Herd thing and then playing the video. I have to say I was a little embarrassed that the football game was being held up by the video.

Bingo! That's the first thing I said. Somebody is clueless. The word embarrassed came to mind immediately.

d3boys
08-29-2008, 06:59 PM
that was the worst gametime segment I have ever seen
embarrassing is correct

DIGRAPPLER
08-29-2008, 07:24 PM
You mean this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5p4XclRbIE

Yeah, i don't think there is 3:48 worth of time between quarters.

It is a great video if you watch it. Even if the segment didn't work in the dome, I think it is a good video.

Bison101
08-29-2008, 08:52 PM
I like the two highlight videos- Be Herd and Thundering Herd. They' show great footage!

99Bison
08-29-2008, 09:37 PM
The point of that video was that it won the "be herd" for the week... Which is a good thing in and of itself.

However, when the video is too long just going to need to figure out how to show a clip and then direct people to youtube for the rest of it or something.

extremerouge
08-29-2008, 09:46 PM
ya know if they could have played the whole thing it would have been really good! it was a good video and had thunderstruck at the end

56BISON73
08-30-2008, 01:07 AM
What the hell are they doing showing Thundar brushing his teeth???? Theyve had a whole year to come up with something and that was it???
And WHY dont they post other schools football scores???? PL

roadwarrior
08-30-2008, 01:14 AM

There were several scores shown throughout the night. They are displayed below the north and south scoreboards on the long horizontal video display.

tjbison
08-30-2008, 02:58 AM
There were several scores shown throughout the night. They are displayed below the north and south scoreboards on the long horizontal video display.

Yes, and considering our conference mates didn't play (except SDSU) they didn't have alot to show, but the trucks and Jacks games were scrolling!

TheDoctor
08-30-2008, 05:57 AM
that was the worst gametime segment I have ever seen
embarrassing is correct

WAIT A MINUTE! What about when we had the game in hand and they played the "We're not going down without a fight" video/speech going into the 4th quarter? Was that last year??? ;)

TheDoctor
08-30-2008, 06:00 AM
What the hell are they doing showing Thundar brushing his teeth???? Theyve had a whole year to come up with something and that was it???

They just HAD to do Thundar brusing his teeth again this year. At least it was with 14 minutes until kick off and not 30 seconds before the team comes running on the field. ;)

HerdBot
08-30-2008, 06:31 AM
Did anyone else think the submitted video that they played at the end of the 3rd quarter got a little long, and that it really didn't have much of a point to it?

Plus, the first play of the 4th quarter was a 4th down situation for AP, and they were going for the first down instead of punting and therefore the video didn't allow the crowd to get into it. I guess the game was in hand at that time so it doesn't matter much anymore, but I'm just wondering if this is going to be an every home game occurrance at the end of the 3rd quarter.

I like the idea of playing the top video at the game. Should give people a reason to make cool video's we love to watch if they are played at the game. Of course they need the foresight to make sure they had enough time. :) Great idea just better execute it next time!

roadwarrior
08-30-2008, 08:32 AM
Maybe they should play the winning video lets say about 30 minutes before kickoff.

TransAmBison
08-30-2008, 02:16 PM
The ending was cool...I'll give them that. Somehow I have a feeling this video will haunt us forever like a certain Appy video...Hot Hot Hot!!!

Bisonguy
08-30-2008, 03:12 PM
Maybe they should play the winning video lets say about 30 minutes before kickoff.

So only 14 people will see it? :confused:

NDFAN2
08-30-2008, 04:00 PM
I wish they would have posted the words to the school song on the video board like they have done in years past.