PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Roehl mentioned on KFAN...

Castor Troy
08-27-2008, 05:39 PM
... as "that rolie polie running back from NDSU" by Jeff Dubay. It was in response to how the Gophers need to improve on defense and how he made them look silly, but it had a negative twist as Puffy's bit goes.

With all due respect to Puff the Magic bit master, there is nothing "rolie polie" about Tyler. He is a solid specimen of a man that ran on the Gophers like Alstott did to them in the early 90's.

I'm tired of the lack of respect for our favorite college football team. Its not like we are a new program. We have years of tradition and many national championships.

larson311
08-27-2008, 05:45 PM
... as "that rolie polie running back from NDSU" by Jeff Dubay. It was in response to how the Gophers need to improve on defense and how he made them look silly, but it had a negative twist as Puffy's bit goes.

With all due respect to Puff the Magic bit master, there is nothing "rolie polie" about Tyler. He is a solid specimen of a man that ran on the Gophers like Alstott did to them in the early 90's.

I'm tired of the lack of respect for our favorite college football team. Its not like we are a new program. We have years of tradition and many national championships.

I heard that too, but I don't think puffy meant any disrespect to us. Sounded like more of a compliment to me. Ideally with such a huge program Minnesota has, they should never lose to an FCS team let alone have our Halfback that was converted from a Fullback pull away from their DB's. I think the words he chose came out of the major disappointment his favorite college football team has been for him.

westnodak93bison
08-27-2008, 05:46 PM
Dubay is a Minnesota homer dousche bag

MNLonghorn10
08-27-2008, 05:58 PM
Don't know if it was coke or not, but he was in rehab for about 3 weeks this past month.

The whole roehlie pohlie olie thing shouldn't bother anyone. Normally fullbacks don't go on tears, and most certainly on a game to game basis like Roehl does.

But any of us could run for over 100 yards against that Gopher defense, that's how bad they are. He even said that was the worst, tackling, softest defense he's ever seen there...and I agree. It's the worst defense I've ever seen...period.

bisonmike2
08-27-2008, 06:02 PM
Don't know if it was coke or not, but he was in rehab for about 3 weeks this past month.

The whole roehlie pohlie olie thing shouldn't bother anyone. Normally fullbacks don't go on tears, and most certainly on a game to game basis like Roehl does.

But any of us could run for over 100 yards against that Gopher defense, that's how bad they are. He even said that was the worst, tackling, softest defense he's ever seen there...and I agree. It's the worst defense I've ever seen...period.

I thought that was PA? Anyway I can't listen to those guys. They give me a headache. I think PA does an alright job doing play by play but his radio show personality is annoying. I don't even get me started on Puffy.

Greenie
08-27-2008, 06:47 PM
I'm glad there's ESPN radio -- rarely listen to KFAN since ESPN returned to the Fargo market. KFAN is nice when Derek Hanson (local ESPN) wastes each of his shows talking about the Twins, NASCAR or the Wild.

MNLonghorn10
08-27-2008, 06:50 PM
KFAN's in a dryspell right now with lack of football and substance.

in the next few days when the NFL teams are finally molded after cuts and the first week of college comes and goes is when it gets good.

You can only talk Twins games for a segment or 2, and trying to milk that out for 3-4 months makes it bad radio. Once the Vikings start it'll pick up again, doubt they'll talk much Bison unless they really tear it up and make the FCS championship game. But thats what Hammers for...woohoo..............

larson311
08-27-2008, 06:58 PM
No more Dan Hammer show starting Monday...that kinda sucks.

spelunker64
08-27-2008, 07:00 PM
Sirius NFL Radio is great as well.

I hate the awkward silences and gimmicky sound effects on local/Mpls sports radio

d3boys
08-27-2008, 09:15 PM
No more Dan Hammer show starting Monday...that kinda sucks.

even if you dont like hammer we need a local sports show on the fan
bring back david moulton

met1990
08-27-2008, 09:18 PM
Sirius NFL Radio is great as well.

I hate the awkward silences and gimmicky sound effects on local/Mpls sports radio

Of the many annoying attributes of PA and Dubay, the stupid and constant "lift up the shirt" and "Puffy" sound effects were the main reasons I no longer listen to them.

bisonmike2
08-27-2008, 09:19 PM
Of the many annoying attributes of PA and Dubay, the stupid and constant "lift up the shirt" and "Puffy" sound effects were the main reasons I no longer listen to them.

or the Puffy "ahhh" anytime somebody mentions they like something or they give someone a compliment. drives me crazy.

extremerouge
08-27-2008, 09:40 PM
the hammer show is done at KFAN?

Castor Troy
08-27-2008, 09:53 PM
even if you dont like hammer we need a local sports show on the fan
bring back david moulton

This is the first time that I am hearing that Hammer is gone. I agree. We need a local show. Moulton was great as well. Heck, I will probably turn over to 1660 to listen to Derek Hanson. Perhaps I will be able forgive him when he says "expecially." :banghead:

He is knowledgeable but a bit unpolished.

Bisonguy
08-27-2008, 10:12 PM
This is the first time that I am hearing that Hammer is gone. I agree. We need a local show. Moulton was great as well. Heck, I will probably turn over to 1660 to listen to Derek Hanson. Perhaps I will be able forgive him when he says "expecially." :banghead:

He is knowledgeable but a bit unpolished.

When time is Hanson's show on??

Trim
08-27-2008, 10:35 PM
Yeah, what about Hammer? It's over?

I guess Bison Rewind was a one time show.:(

NDSUstudent
08-27-2008, 11:31 PM
Is Hammer really gone? The guy did a good job and besides Prime Time Sports with Scotty Miller his show was the only local one I could stand listening to.

rustywallace
08-27-2008, 11:48 PM
Im not trying to be sarcastic here nor do i post very much but his named mentioned on kfan.... big deal.... if the sue fans up north read this they woudl say there team that plays in the nazi bunker are always on this show weekly. its just kfan... and dubay is a big time homer that i heard him say the only school he hates is North Dakota.... but i bet he hates both of us now.

larson311
08-28-2008, 01:37 AM
Yeah, what about Hammer? It's over?

I guess Bison Rewind was a one time show.:(

Hammer said they are still going to do bison rewind since they made the commitment. It should last half hour or however long it is starting at noon. He said he is going to be doing more work with KFGO like on the scene type stuff I guess, he really didn't say exactly what he would be doing there.

P.S. KFAN broadcasting is the best radio station there is, but it does suck that Hammer is off the air locally.

Castor Troy
08-28-2008, 01:55 AM
When time is Hanson's show on??

I believe his show is from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM. His co-host is a bit annoying, but at the end of the day it is a pretty good show.

funteddy
08-28-2008, 06:25 AM
Go Derek Hanson Sucks. Almost as much as Hammer

funteddy
08-28-2008, 06:28 AM
Hammer Sucks and so does Derek..... I agree, nice guys....shitty shows

Bison_Pride
08-28-2008, 08:47 AM
So.............who doesn't suck? It appears that everyone ever mentioned having anything to do with the media on this forum sucks.

When did everyone turn into a bunch of whiners?

aces1180
08-28-2008, 01:17 PM
One of those two stations needs to give Lakes and Slick a show!

mebisonII
08-28-2008, 02:18 PM

Oh boy. That would be....something. We could follow it up with the Road and Hammer show, that's got a nice ring to it.

bisonmike2
08-28-2008, 02:46 PM

I like that idea. That's crazy enough it might work. I think it would definately be entertaining.

lakesbison
08-28-2008, 03:10 PM
Where Do I Sign The Contract??

met1990
08-28-2008, 03:37 PM
The Fan's rating's dropped dramatically after PA and DUBAY ended and rose dramatically once Hammer's show ended.

I'm not a big fan of Hammer, so I'm not heartbroken. I did enjoy his local high school football preview though.

Would his show being over the noon hour negatively impact ratings? I don't follow radio ratings much, so maybe that's nonsense. Just thinking out loud...

MNLonghorn10
08-28-2008, 05:45 PM
Well, thats cool.

heckler
08-28-2008, 05:45 PM
You guys say they need a local show in Fargo, but the ratings say otherwise. The Fan's rating's dropped dramatically after PA and DUBAY ended and rose dramatically once Hammer's show ended. Derek's Hanson's ratings were literally around a .01 which shows how bad his show actually is. I'm a fan of having a local show if it can draw numbers, otherwise it's just a waste of time. Some of the local's shows problem's are that they are horribly produced. Hammer's producer was below average who didn't know anything about sports and Derek Hanson's producer speaks for himself. There's no doubt about it though that if the FAN gets another local show, they need a huge NDSU Homer. I thought there was way too much UND and hunting talk, maybe that's just me.

I agree having a und announcer do the local show was bad.

Wally
08-31-2008, 08:11 PM
I agree having a und announcer do the local show was bad.

No doubt about it. I came back to Fargo on Wednesday from the Cities for the game on Thursday, tune into Hammer's show and he's broadcasting from Grand Forks. LAME!