PDA

View Full Version : Blocking & Tackling

skolbrother
08-26-2008, 04:21 AM
CA Bison encouraged me to start a thread called blocking and tackling after my rant on the band thread and I decided it was very sound advice.

While Bohl's offensive and defensive schemes are fantastic the biggest difference I have noticed in his tenure is attention to detail.

Literally the offensive line is so crisp and in synch they make alot of skill players look great.

Additionally on the tackling side our linebackers love to make the big hit but first and foremost our backers make the tackle first. This seems to always put the other team in that uncomfortable 3rd down somewhere on a posession.

(If this thread does not go 5 pages like the average band thread I may owe CA a trumpet valve or a set of drumsticks)

spelunker64
08-26-2008, 04:26 AM
:D http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13492

Mr. Burgundy
08-26-2008, 12:34 PM
All I want is the Moody Blues at halftime played by the Pride of North Dakota. I get so worked up during the first half, that I just need a calming down period. Call it a nap, I just rest. I have noticed Herd Mentality and Gully actually sleeping during this song, but that is because they have passion. This is a nice 9 minute nap where we can really appreciate how quiet the Fargodome can get. I hope the Band keeps is up, they are really talented performers.

Back to blocking and tackling. Yep, they are good at it.

Jangula likes to hit people.

Tatanka
08-26-2008, 08:44 PM
Is this another thread about the band?

bri-dog
08-26-2008, 09:00 PM
No, it's about blocking and tackling. I played trombone in high school, we are crappy tacklers. Just ask the guy playing trombone in the '82 Stanford band...

CaBisonFan
08-26-2008, 09:03 PM
I'll never forget the announcers after the game at Ball State saying that our front seven was stronger than Purdue & Indiana's from the two weeks prior. I don't think that we've dropped off. We're probably better over-all this year.

Then Minnesota found out that our linemen (both sides of the ball) and linebackers were at least their equal.

Indications are that our QB will be well-protected, and that our running game will thrive in a big way.

Think there will be a lot more 3 & outs on D this year.

I can't wait to see our defensive line not having to play it so safe. With our thin D-back situation last year, I think the linebackers became more & more involved in pass coverage, and the line had to be 'very' conservative. Nice to have some depth & balance back.

Good thread. :nod:

CaBisonFan
08-26-2008, 09:11 PM
All I want is the Moody Blues at halftime played by the Pride of North Dakota. I get so worked up during the first half, that I just need a calming down period. Call it a nap, I just rest. I have noticed Herd Mentality and Gully actually sleeping during this song, but that is because they have passion. This is a nice 9 minute nap where we can really appreciate how quiet the Fargodome can get. I hope the Band keeps is up, they are really talented performers.

Back to blocking and tackling. Yep, they are good at it.

Jangula likes to hit people.

VERY good comments. :cool:

fargocyclone
08-26-2008, 11:43 PM
Iowa State is on a 2-game winning streak against Iowa in the SousaBowl, a football game between the sousas of the two bands the night before the real game. ISU's sousas are much better at blocking and tackling than the marching Hawks. :cool:

extremerouge
08-27-2008, 02:50 AM
Iowa State is on a 2-game winning streak against Iowa in the SousaBowl, a football game between the sousas of the two bands the night before the real game. ISU's sousas are much better at blocking and tackling than the marching Hawks. :cool:
way to go ISU Sousas

d3boys
08-27-2008, 08:51 PM

lets hope the football game goes the same way
and by the way you better beat sdsu

GradBison
08-27-2008, 08:58 PM
lets hope the football game goes the same way
and by the way you better beat sdsu

That's a tough one... on the one hand I want a fellow FCS team to do well against FBS, on the other, I want ISU to beat them so when we lay the smack down on ISU next year our win is that much more impressive.

Both my brothers are ISU alum and I can't wait for that game in 2009!

GO BISON!

A1pigskin
08-27-2008, 10:18 PM
I am proud of our team, but there is always room to improve. Keep working hard and stay alert.

fargocyclone
08-28-2008, 12:25 AM
That's a tough one... on the one hand I want a fellow FCS team to do well against FBS, on the other, I want ISU to beat them so when we lay the smack down on ISU next year our win is that much more impressive.

Both my brothers are ISU alum and I can't wait for that game in 2009!

GO BISON!

Even though I'll be an ISU alum by then, I'm still definately cheering for the Herd in that game!

mebisonII
08-28-2008, 03:14 AM
Even though I'll be an ISU alum by then, I'm still definately cheering for the Herd in that game!

With as much time as you spend posting on here, I wouldn't count on it ;)

fargocyclone
08-28-2008, 03:53 AM
With as much time as you spend posting on here, I wouldn't count on it ;)

ooh, ouch! :)

extremerouge
08-29-2008, 09:40 PM
ooh, ouch! :)
haha that was funny!