PDA

View Full Version : BBF facelift

roadwarrior
08-25-2008, 09:44 PM
The floor in the BBF was sanded down, resealed, and repainted this summer and it looks great! The gym was also repainted and the large windows on the east and west sides were replaced. Next year they hope to get new seating installed. The team is hosts a tournament at home Sep 5-6.

lakesbison
08-25-2008, 09:46 PM
Road.. it looked SWEET.... the floor was much better than the BISONVILLE BASKETBALL BASH after the spring game..

I was hiding in the back corner with some bballer's....(got to meet dejuan flowers... he was cool as hell!)

Jenn Lopez is going to be a STAR!!!!!! by the way... she good.

very athletic team, seemed like everyone could spike!!

TheBisonator
08-25-2008, 11:55 PM
They GOTTA replace the seating in there. I attended a speech in that place a few years ago and I feared for my life sitting in those poor excuses for bleachers.

aces1180
08-25-2008, 11:55 PM
Road.. it looked SWEET.... the floor was much better than the BISONVILLE BASKETBALL BASH after the spring game..

I was hiding in the back corner with some bballer's....(got to meet dejuan flowers... he was cool as hell!)

Jenn Lopez is going to be a STAR!!!!!! by the way... she good.

very athletic team, seemed like everyone could spike!!

Wow...This is too easy.

TransAm...You game?

Thunder_Struck
08-26-2008, 02:15 AM
Saw the floor on the 6pm news (WDAY). Looked great! Who did the work?

roadwarrior
08-26-2008, 02:26 AM
Saw the floor on the 6pm news (WDAY). Looked great! Who did the work?

It wouldn't surprise me if NDSU employees did the floor, but I'm not sure.

summitfever
08-26-2008, 03:17 AM
lakesbison said Lopez is going to be a star. Well, I have to agree. I've seen her play in high school the past three years. She can flat out do just about everything on the volleyball court. She will raise the level of play on our team.

TheDoctor
08-26-2008, 03:24 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if NDSU employees did the floor, but I'm not sure.

I ran up stairs today (saw Road) and Lynn stopped me to see what i thought of the floor, mainly if I was happy with the badminton lines and such i still needed. They moved the lines so that when the bleachers are pulled out, they are covered. It looked great. I believe, don't quote me though, that she said the floor cost about $40,000 to strip down and refinish. Does that sound about right? ;)

Hammersmith
08-26-2008, 05:12 AM
The floor in the BBF was sanded down, resealed, and repainted this summer and it looks great! The gym was also repainted and the large windows on the east and west sides were replaced. Next year they hope to get new seating installed. The team is hosts a tournament at home Sep 5-6.

Regarding the possible new seating: Do you know if they are thinking of collapsable aluminum flats with removable folding chairs or just aluminum versions of the current backless bleachers?

Also, is the stage still there or has that space been renovated to other uses. I wonder because that end of the court would be a nice place for some additional permanent seating if attendance someday warrants.

roadwarrior
08-26-2008, 11:54 AM
The stage is still there.

pancake83
08-26-2008, 02:40 PM
Does anyone have pictures of what the new floor looks like - This has been in planning from Coach H since he got here. I'm glad to hear it's finally taken place. I thought the big banners put up last year made a big difference, and I can't imagine how the lighting looks with ACTUAL windows & natural lighting coming in where it should

Greenie
08-26-2008, 03:22 PM
The seating upgrade sounds like it will happen next season. Of course it depends on money, but it may include some sections of chair-back seating.

Bisonguy
08-27-2008, 04:07 AM
Does anyone have pictures of what the new floor looks like - This has been in planning from Coach H since he got here. I'm glad to hear it's finally taken place. I thought the big banners put up last year made a big difference, and I can't imagine how the lighting looks with ACTUAL windows & natural lighting coming in where it should

http://dehoff.smugmug.com/photos/359903148_vtoJq-L.jpg

sambini
08-27-2008, 04:20 AM

AWESOME++++++

SUBISON247
08-27-2008, 05:39 AM
WOW!!! As a PE Major while at SU I spent many hours in the BBF and it has never looked better.

Elephants Dream?
08-27-2008, 05:46 AM
Thanks for the pic!
Quite an improvement to the old girl.

aces1180
08-27-2008, 01:14 PM
Wow...Really nice.

mebisonII
08-27-2008, 01:35 PM
Awesome, I barely recognize it!

pancake83
08-27-2008, 01:57 PM
WOW is all I can say, because after going to school up there, and being in that building just about everyday for four years - the 'Bunker' looks like a whole new gym....impressive, once the seating gets replaced, if that is the next step, then the transformation will be complete! Simply scrumtralescent.... ;)

NDFAN2
08-27-2008, 09:23 PM

I've come back to this thread now 3 times to check out how nice the BBF looks! I'll have to go to a game or two this year now! Rep Points already given!