PDA

View Full Version : Bison host Minnesota

roadwarrior
08-24-2008, 06:21 PM
The Gophers will be in Fargo on Sunday Aug 31st for a game at 1pm.

cabis
08-27-2008, 01:49 AM
12 players on the Bison roster are from Minnesota. Should be a good game with a little added incentive. Hope to get a good crowd.

Hammersmith
08-31-2008, 06:14 PM
Game going on right now.

13:30 in 1st

0-0

3 Shots-on-goal for MN
0 for NDSU

Live Stats (http://www.gobison.com/liveStats/newLiveStats.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=2400&DB_LANG=C&KEY=&SPID=699&SPORT_ID=699&GAME_STAT_ID=89226)

IronRanger
08-31-2008, 08:38 PM
Minnesota won 3-0

Bisonguy
08-31-2008, 11:07 PM
Not a great outing for NDSU. Bison started out going into the wind, and figured things would get better in the second half. They didn't.

imabison
08-31-2008, 11:48 PM
Not a great outing for NDSU. Bison started out going into the wind, and figured things would get better in the second half. They didn't.
Gophers definitely seems to be the agressive team in this one.

Tatanka
09-01-2008, 02:33 AM
Fox Sports in Fargo with highlights from the game tonight! Can't imagine that's going to be a regular thing but kudos to them.

Bisonguy
09-01-2008, 02:37 AM
I know WDAY was there as well, possibly KVLY.

tcTatanka
09-01-2008, 12:56 PM
Midfielders, Whipple and Iwanicky sitting out the game after having morning knee MRIs, and Rand nursing a pulled hamstring definitely had an effect on the outcome. Let's hope none of these injuries are season enders and the relatively light next 2 weeks allows the whole team to recover.

ndsoccerfan
09-01-2008, 08:01 PM
I know that the injuries didn't help but this game was very one sided. I was a little disappointed, I expected there to be a little difference between the type of players that MN has and that we have but there seemed to be a huge gap in both skill and athleticism.

On a bright note, I thought Megan Dean looked very athletic. I'm looking forward to seeing them again against Mary. I would anticipate that we would look like the gophers did against us.

tcTatanka
09-02-2008, 12:46 AM
I know that the injuries didn't help but this game was very one sided. I was a little disappointed, I expected there to be a little difference between the type of players that MN has and that we have but there seemed to be a huge gap in both skill and athleticism.

On a bright note, I thought Megan Dean looked very athletic. I'm looking forward to seeing them again against Mary. I would anticipate that we would look like the gophers did against us.

I wouldn't call it athleticism, I'd call it the difference of veteran soccer players verses an extremely young team. Check out the box scores, Gophers with 8 seniors, 3 sophomores verses the Bison's starting lineup of 1 senior, 3 juniors, 2 sophomores and 5 freshman. NDSU's relatively small roster of 20 includes 12 freshman! Our women have been cursed with a slew of 9 season-ending knee injuries in the last 3 years, 5 of which involved keepers.

It is a huge step up, mainly in the pace of the game from prep to collegian soccer and I believe this talented young class will only improve as the season progresses. They are only 4 non-conference games into the season, currently at .500 (1st in the conference) and I believe there are better times ahead.

ndsoccerfan
09-02-2008, 01:03 AM
The game I was at it looked like MN was far more athletic (I guess it can just be my opinion) but I do agree with you that this freshman class shows a lot of promise.