PDA

View Full Version : Question about negative rep points?

WestDakotaBison
08-21-2008, 10:24 PM
I'm fairly new to the Forums which allow rep points. What is the proper way to dispute negative rep points given to you? either in public or private with the person who gave them? I made a blatant and honest statement of my opinion on a thread and was given 1 - rep and would like to discuss with that person why my opinion is the way it is. I'm not looking for a fight or causing problems, I'm an adult and like to discuss my opinions, especially when someone disagrees :)

tjbison
08-21-2008, 10:31 PM
Use your PRIVATE MESSAGE tool

Bisonguy
08-21-2008, 10:39 PM
It's better netiquette to take discuss it via PM. If they gave you neg rep for merely stating your opinion, and you're the vindictive sort, watch their posts like a hawk and give them some neg rep back. :D

UTH
08-22-2008, 12:40 AM
I'm fairly new to the Forums which allow rep points. What is the proper way to dispute negative rep points given to you? either in public or private with the person who gave them? I made a blatant and honest statement of my opinion on a thread and was given 1 - rep and would like to discuss with that person why my opinion is the way it is. I'm not looking for a fight or causing problems, I'm an adult and like to discuss my opinions, especially when someone disagrees :)

Personally, I would very much prefer that you get a screen-cap of it and post it. Please post it. Please include the repper's name. Let your peers decide if it was warranted or not and rep accordingly.:D That's the bestest way to ensure that rep is used properly, IMHO.

Post it. Pleeeeeeeease???

Karma's a bitch, yo
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/kkkkukluxklanblackafricanamericando.jpg
I wonder who'll be sleeping better at night here?...

*also, this sort of reminds me of somebody's signature around these parts (forgot who, sorry)... always do sober what you said you would do while drunk.

aces1180
08-22-2008, 01:12 AM
Personally, I would very much prefer that you get a screen-cap of it and post it. Please post it. Please include the repper's name. Let your peers decide if it was warranted or not and rep accordingly.:D That's the bestest way to ensure that rep is used properly, IMHO.

Post it. Pleeeeeeeease???

Karma's a bitch, yo
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/kkkkukluxklanblackafricanamericando.jpg
I wonder who'll be sleeping better at night here?...

*also, this sort of reminds me of somebody's signature around these parts (forgot who, sorry)... always do sober what you said you would do while drunk.

That's me!

Bisonguy
08-22-2008, 01:17 AM
UNDTH- Wow, that's harsh. :eeek:

BisonBabe
08-22-2008, 01:48 AM
In my opinion giving negative rep is a total waste of your rep giving power. Opinions are like aholes we all have them and are entitled them as well.

TransAmBison
08-22-2008, 02:11 AM
I agree with UTH...post the whole thing...let your peers decide. And if they are little trolls...your peers can negative rep them to he##!!

tjbison
08-22-2008, 02:26 AM
Trial By Fire!!!!

WestDakotaBison
08-22-2008, 02:53 AM
I agree with UTH...post the whole thing...let your peers decide. And if they are little trolls...your peers can negative rep them to he##!!

Where would the proper place be to post such a thread?

TransAmBison
08-22-2008, 12:45 PM
I'd say post it right here. Let's have it. Please, let us know what you posted as well, so we can see what was negative rep'd.

mebisonII
08-22-2008, 03:30 PM
Hmm, I just responded on the other thread before reading this and I guess I'm in the minority on thinking its private and just forget it.

Seriously, you all get that concerned about neg rep?

mebisonII
08-22-2008, 03:31 PM
Use your PRIVATE MESSAGE tool

Also worth point out that when I first read this I thought you were calling WestRiverBison a tool, as in "hey you tool! use your PM!".

I figured it out eventually ;) :p

Tatanka
08-22-2008, 03:49 PM
:rofl: ++

UTH
08-22-2008, 07:19 PM
Hmm, I just responded on the other thread before reading this and I guess I'm in the minority on thinking its private and just forget it.

Seriously, you all get that concerned about neg rep?

No. But it sure can be fun.:nod: :D

mebisonII
08-22-2008, 07:39 PM
No. But it sure can be fun.:nod: :D

Well, if its so much fun, then here you go...*neg rep button pushed*

:p

extremerouge
08-22-2008, 07:46 PM
Well, if its so much fun, then here you go...*neg rep button pushed*

:p
i have a feeling you wouldn't win a neg rep war with UTH judging by his amount of green dots...

UTH
08-22-2008, 08:23 PM
i have a feeling you wouldn't win a neg rep war with UTH judging by his amount of green dots...

Neg-repped once - and that was an accident. :hide: That may have been because it happened 30 mins after the bars closed, iirc. :cheers: Did my best to make up for it in the aftermath, though. :blush:

mebisonII
08-22-2008, 09:00 PM

Hopefully UTH looks at his user CP carefully before launching his first volley :hide:

tjbison
08-22-2008, 09:30 PM
Also worth point out that when I first read this I thought you were calling WestRiverBison a tool, as in "hey you tool! use your PM!".

I figured it out eventually ;) :p

Never thought of it that way!!!good catch:p

NDSUstudent
08-25-2008, 05:04 AM
I hate neg rep, I got neg repped twice over at AGS. The first time I made this joke in a smack thread...

I don't like my rival because their alumns never get my pizza delivered on time.

Of course Davek was the guy who neg repped me and his response was interesting when I asked why anyone would get neg repped for that in the smack section.

You got negative rep. because that is the attitude of an elitist snob. It isn't disrespectful to UND, it's disrespectful to people who work at pizza places. Considering how many pizza places there are in every town all over the United States, there are a lot of people working those jobs. Perhaps some of them might even be registered members here at AGS. Some of them might even cheer for your favorite team. Never ever make fun of what anybody does for a living. At least those people have jobs and aren't on welfare being supported by us taxpayers.

As for the other time it was actually with somebody who disagreed with what I had to say about Texas State going FBS and wanting to join the Sun Belt. I actually pm'd him and asked him why he did that and he said he wanted to send a stronger message. He then proceeded to tell me why the Sun Belt is heads and shoulders better then most FCS conferences. All of which could have been done in the thread.

Long story short, neg rep people who are trolling everywhere(they won't care but at least others will know who they are). If you disagree with a person then tell them in a post or a pm(the true way to send a stronger message). Don't resort to hiding behind neg rep to make a point.

WYOBISONMAN
08-25-2008, 05:47 AM
I hear stories from Grand Forks that a guy named Dave can get a pizza to you in record time......;) Finally a good use for a degree from UND!:D

tjbison
08-25-2008, 05:45 PM
I hear stories from Grand Forks that a guy named Dave can get a pizza to you in record time......;) Finally a good use for a degree from UND!:D

Sadly I think DaveK lives in Fargo, at least thats what his Profile says on AGS.

bisonmike2
08-25-2008, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by DaveK
"You got negative rep. because that is the attitude of an elitist snob. It isn't disrespectful to UND, it's disrespectful to people who work at pizza places. Considering how many pizza places there are in every town all over the United States, there are a lot of people working those jobs. Perhaps some of them might even be registered members here at AGS. Some of them might even cheer for your favorite team. Never ever make fun of what anybody does for a living. At least those people have jobs and aren't on welfare being supported by us taxpayers."

That sounds like a guy who's pissed that he went to college for 5 years and now delivers pizza for a living.

TransAmBison
08-25-2008, 07:06 PM
So, if you compared Davek to a horse's a##, would that be only disrespectfull to the horse's a##?

tjbison
08-25-2008, 09:37 PM
So, if you compared Davek to a horse's a##, would that be only disrespectfull to the horse's a##?

YES IT WOULD

THAT IS SOME GOOD STUFF!!!!!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :cheers: