PDA

View Full Version : Best webcast option

BisonAccountant44
08-21-2008, 07:16 PM
I know we've breifly discussed this earlier in the offseason, and some of this may have been discussed in other threads as well, but now that we're only 1 week away from kickoff.

What is the best option for us who can't make it to pick up both video and audio of the most games online this year? Is it through GoBison, does the MVC have something better? Did anyone have any luck emailing the MWC to find an option for the Wyo game?

bisonmike2
08-21-2008, 07:21 PM
I know we've breifly discussed this earlier in the offseason, and some of this may have been discussed in other threads as well, but now that we're only 1 week away from kickoff.

What is the best option for us who can't make it to pick up both video and audio of the most games online this year? Is it through GoBison, does the MVC have something better? Did anyone have any luck emailing the MWC to find an option for the Wyo game?

I don't have any experience with the MVC's webcast option but I"m guessing they are just going to tie in with gobison's feed anyway. I would just go through the original source then having to worry about MVC being able to tie in with gobison.com.

onbison09
08-22-2008, 08:58 PM
All the MVFC teams that have JumpTV (same thing we have) you can get their games. Anyone that knows anything please add more.

TheBisonator
08-22-2008, 10:12 PM
All MVC conference games this year will be webcasted from the home team's website, meaning the Illinois State and Missouri State games will be on webcast.

onbison09
08-23-2008, 03:56 PM
All MVC conference games this year will be webcasted from the home team's website, meaning the Illinois State and Missouri State games will be on webcast.
So if I understand this all the conference games will be available on www.gobison.com.

Hammersmith
08-23-2008, 09:06 PM
Which option is the best will depend on what you want and how much you're willing to pay.

NDSU All-Access:
- Three subscription options: $7.95/month, $39.95/6 months, $69.95/year
- All home football games plus Missouri State
- All home games in VB, Soc, WR, BB, SB, & some T&F/CC
- Some away games from the above
- No live MBB & WBB games

MVC TV:
- One subscription option: $44.95/through Dec 1st
- All home football games at NDSU, SDSU, WIU, MSU, & Indiana State
- Most(all?) home MVC games in VB, M Soc, W Soc
- MVC MBB & WBB home games through Dec 1st (maybe)

Illinois State & UNI(?):
- Available through CSTV's XXL service
- Two subscription options: $14.95/month or $119.95/year for all XXL schools
- Or $6.95/month for just Illinois State

Wyo & YSU:
- No video webcast options

Hammersmith
08-23-2008, 09:09 PM

I'm pretty sure Illinois State game won't be part of the NDSU or MVFC package since they've partnered with CSTV.

onbison09
08-23-2008, 09:40 PM
Which option is the best will depend on what you want and how much you're willing to pay.

NDSU All-Access:

MVC TV:

Illinois State & UNI(?):

Wyo & YSU:
Can you do that on a per game or day basis? And WhyTF can't they all have one carrier? :banghead:

Hammersmith
08-23-2008, 09:51 PM
Can you do that on a per game or day basis? And WhyTF can't they all have one carrier? :banghead:

I thought you could last year, but I couldn't find that option anymore. I'm going to assume that they removed it. (I think is was $4.95/game last year.) At least the UNI & Illinois State games are back-to-back so the monthly fee covers both. On the other hand, it doesn't appear that UNI has sent any scheduling info to CSTV so who knows if the game will actually be on.

I agree with the:
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

onbison09
08-24-2008, 12:26 AM
I thought you could last year, but I couldn't find that option anymore. I'm going to assume that they removed it. (I think is was $4.95/game last year.) At least the UNI & Illinois State games are back-to-back so the monthly fee covers both. On the other hand, it doesn't appear that UNI has sent any scheduling info to CSTV so who knows if the game will actually be on.

I agree with the:
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
After the Cal Poly debacle of a "webcast" last year I'm not sure I really trust CSTV either.

THEsocalledfan
08-24-2008, 12:45 AM
After the Cal Poly debacle of a "webcast" last year I'm not sure I really trust CSTV either.

This is what I think of CSTV:

http://www.toddicus.com/poop%20dog.JPG

Tatanka
08-24-2008, 01:03 AM
This is what I think of CSTV:

http://www.toddicus.com/poop%20dog.JPG
you think it looks like Roger Thomas?

THEsocalledfan
08-24-2008, 01:33 AM
In the spirite of web-casts and the olympics, for all those of the younger generations, I present to you one of the funniest bits ever on SNL:

http://video.aol.com/partner/hulu/saturday-night-live-weekend-update-all-drug-olympics/6pnA3UoIMkCetgEOkilMf24IyeyrT4rK

Ivy
08-24-2008, 01:58 AM

NDSU All-Access:

MVC TV:

Illinois State & UNI(?):

Wyo & YSU:

Actually, they will have all HOME WBB/MBB and most conference away games as well according to this email I got a while back....

North Dakota State athletics is pleased to announce that LIVE video of Bison men’s and women’s basketball will once again be available to ALL-ACCESS subscribers during the 2008-09 season. This is in addition to the LIVE video streams for football and a variety of other NDSU athletic events. Several road games will also be available LIVE to ALL-ACCESS subscribers.

For a limited time, NDSU is offering a 15-month ALL-ACCESS subscription for the price of 12 months (three months free!). For more information, click the renewal link above the ALL-ACCESS login at GoBison.com.

BlueBisonRock
08-24-2008, 02:12 AM
you think it looks like Roger Thomas?

The mustasche looked more like that Roebuck guy.

Hammersmith
08-24-2008, 03:42 AM
Actually, they will have all HOME WBB/MBB and most conference away games as well according to this email I got a while back....

North Dakota State athletics is pleased to announce that LIVE video of Bison men’s and women’s basketball will once again be available to ALL-ACCESS subscribers during the 2008-09 season. This is in addition to the LIVE video streams for football and a variety of other NDSU athletic events. Several road games will also be available LIVE to ALL-ACCESS subscribers.

For a limited time, NDSU is offering a 15-month ALL-ACCESS subscription for the price of 12 months (three months free!). For more information, click the renewal link above the ALL-ACCESS login at GoBison.com.

Cool. Last year sucked with all the confusion and multiple subscriptions needed to see all Bison games.

onbison09
08-24-2008, 04:28 PM

:biggrin: :biggrin: Yesssss!!!!

GOB1SON
08-24-2008, 06:28 PM
OK. Since I am in Florida, this is pretty important to me. Please correct me if this isn't right!

Radio of available on all games through NDSU-All Access.

Games can be viewed via the following:

Austen Peay - NDSU All-Access
CCS - NDSU All-Access
Wyo - None
Youngstown State - KXJB-TV
Southern Ill. - NDSU All-Access, MVC-TV, ND NBC Network
Western Ill. - NDSU All-Access, MVC-TV, ND NBC Network
Northern Iowa - Fox College Sports, CSTV XXL, ND NBC Network
Ill. St. - CSTV-XXL
Ind. St. - NDSU All-Access, MVC-TV
Miss. St. - NDSU All-Access, MVC-TV
SDSU - NDSU All-Access, MVC-TV, ND NBC Network