PDA

View Full Version : hotel recommendations

magiccitybisonguy
08-21-2008, 01:52 PM
Hey, guys. Just ended up here after being referred by a friend/NDSU alum and you've got a great site. You've moved right to the top of my 'favorites' list.

We're coming down to the November 1 football game and I'm wondering if there are any new hotels in the area. I've got 3 boys that want the newest and the coolest pool/water park Fargo has to offer. Anything just opening up in Fargo? Seems like everytime I'm there I see a bunch of new shopping and restaurants but never any cool new hotels. Any advice?

Thanks.

And BTW, there is a thread on this board about Laura Roesler and her wonderful showing at the Olympic Trials. In the thread, there was a discussion about the Minot Daily News not having anything on their website about Laura Roesler, that's because my guess would be they have no idea who she is. They did run the AP blurb about her, but nothing written by anyone from NDak. Unless the coach of a local sports team calls and gives the folks at the MDN any information, nothing is ever written or said. We've got a bunch of guys who write for the paper that love to try and sound witty and funny and act like Woody Paige, but they're closer to Woody Woodpecker. They would rather write an article about their fantasy football team, than attempt to provide any true information. Whatever you feel the 'inept-ness' is of your local paper (Forum, Bismarck Tribune, etc), the Minot Daily News is 10X worse.

Looking forward to following the upcoming Bison seasons through the eyes of the Bisonville crew!!!

roadwarrior
08-21-2008, 02:01 PM
Most of the newer hotels do not have pools, but the newest Kelly Inn does have an indoor pool. http://www.bestwesternfargo.com/services.php This is the website for that hotel, but there are 3 Kelly Inns in Fargo so make sure you get the right one. Construction has just started on the Hilton Garden Inn which is going to have a water park of some sort attached to it.

bisongirl
08-21-2008, 02:04 PM
The Expressway Suites is new but I don't think their pool would qualify as the coolest waterpark. http://www.expresswayhotels.com/

I know there is a new hotel/water park that is being built in the same area of the Expressway, but for some reason can't remember the name or the opening date.

The Ramada has a waterslide and the Holiday Inn has the Pirate Shipwreck Bay.

That's all I can really think of for now.

bisongirl
08-21-2008, 02:05 PM
Most of the newer hotels do not have pools, but the newest Kelly Inn does have an indoor pool. http://www.bestwesternfargo.com/services.php This is the website for that hotel, but there are 3 Kelly Inns in Fargo so make sure you get the right one. Construction has just started on the Hilton Garden Inn which is going to have a water park of some sort attached to it.

Thanks--that's the name of it! And you type faster than I do!

bisonmike2
08-21-2008, 02:07 PM
If you have young children the holiday inn is nice. It has a nice little waterpark with a pirate ship for the kids to play in. The pool is probably the most young kid friendly in town. But it's also going to be the most expensive.When I stayed there about a month ago it was $160. Ramada has a waterslide. Also about $160.

tjbison
08-21-2008, 09:42 PM
The NEW Kelly Inn on 45th St has the newest Waterpark in town, close to the shopping and eateries, just 3 blocks north of I-94