PDA

View Full Version : Which Redshirt Freshman Will Make The Biggest Contribution This Season

ol' ball coach
08-20-2008, 07:16 PM
W. Holloway & D. J. McNorton, these are just a few that are waitting to get a shot at stardom. I'm not saying it's going to happen this first game; but it will happen this season. They both are playing behind some great upper-classman. All I can say is; stick around for the hold game, because these two are the future of Bison football.

lakesbison
08-20-2008, 07:29 PM
DJ fo SHIZZLE... boy got shakes..

Scooter1
08-20-2008, 07:30 PM
Ol' ball coach, I agree with you. These two are going to be good. This whole class is loaded.

Holloway (behind 2 senoir starters but will get his share of catches)
McNorton (caught in the numbers crunch, but will excite everyone)
Richard (going to see a lot of time)
Boyer (going to see time)
Johnson (definitely will see the field a lot)
Veldman (in the deepest position we have)
Sczepanski (if he wins the number 2 spot, what a great walk-on)

BisonNeil
08-20-2008, 07:57 PM
Ol' ball coach, I agree with you. These two are going to be good. This whole class is loaded.

Holloway (behind 2 senoir starters but will get his share of catches)
McNorton (caught in the numbers crunch, but will excite everyone)
Richard (going to see a lot of time)
Boyer (going to see time)
Johnson (definitely will see the field a lot)
Veldman (in the deepest position we have)
Sczepanski (if he wins the number 2 spot, what a great walk-on)

I agree with you Scooter, exciting group. Blincoe got some good snaps last year and I think DJ is much better so I wouldn't be surprised to see him get nearly as many reps as Paschall.

Bison Dan
08-20-2008, 08:18 PM
W. Holloway & D. J. McNorton, these are just a few that are waitting to get a shot at stardom. I'm not saying it's going to happen this first game; but it will happen this season. They both are playing behind some great upper-classman. All I can say is; stick around for the hold game, because these two are the future of Bison football.

I wasn't to impressed with Holloway in the spring game. No hussle, poor blocking, indifferent attitude. I hope I'm wrong.

SlickVic
08-20-2008, 08:28 PM
I hope I'm wrong.

you are ;)

tony
08-20-2008, 09:09 PM
If you had asked me after the spring game, I'd have said Josh Hazley-Freeman or Coulter Boyer. Now I'm leanding towards Austin Richard - the guy may work himself into a starting spot yet.

That said, I can see DJ getting plenty of carries - it's just that he has two proven backs ahead of him. Warren Holloway - haven't seen enough to form an opinion..

ndsubison1
08-20-2008, 09:55 PM
I have to agree and say Austin Richard, he will see plenty of time this season and I would not be surprised to see him starting by the end of the season. He is that good. He has great size and strength and he is very good on his feet for his size. He is going to be at least a 3 year starter for us and possibly even more.

500th post!

SDbison
08-20-2008, 10:00 PM
I have to agree and say Austin Richard, he will see plenty of time this season and I would not be surprised to see him starting by the end of the season. He is that good. He has great size and strength and he is very good on his feet for his size. He is going to be at least a 3 year starter for us and possibly even more.

500th post!
Richard will likely be the starting center next year. Both the starting center Harrington and his backup Septak are Seniors this year. Richard is currently learning the center position.

westnodak93bison
08-20-2008, 11:14 PM
inmho--Johnson, Boyer and Richard in that order.

Jdubs21
08-21-2008, 12:03 AM
Go DJ thats my DJ!

X-Factor
08-21-2008, 01:00 AM
Richard will likely be the starting center next year. Both the starting center Harrington and his backup Septak are Seniors this year. Richard is currently learning the center position.

they moved Richard back to guard. But that is not saying he wont play center next fall. Also, Lund will be off redshirt, and by the sound of things he could be competing for a starting spot as early as next fall.