PDA

View Full Version : Satellite Party Game - Northern Iowa

pwbnd
08-18-2008, 03:16 PM
Just got an email this weekend from the alumni association saying that the Northern Iowa game was tabbed to be the official satellite/watch party game for us out of town alumni.

I noticed that the game is to be on Fox College Sports network....is that different than the Fox Sports regional channels or is it part of that package?

I plan to set up the party here in Washington D.C. again this year and want to be able to tell the sports bar what channel we'll need. They aren't always that well versed in the TV packages they have so I like to be specific. So any details on what exactly this Fox College Sports channel is would be greatly appreciated.

Follow-up: I read in another thread that this Fox College Sports network is available to cable subscribers only....is this true? That might cause some pretty major issues getting the game on in sports bars that have Direct TV or Dish Network.

bisonmike2
08-18-2008, 03:37 PM
Just got an email this weekend from the alumni association saying that the Northern Iowa game was tabbed to be the official satellite/watch party game for us out of town alumni.

I noticed that the game is to be on Fox College Sports network....is that different than the Fox Sports regional channels or is it part of that package?

I plan to set up the party here in Washington D.C. again this year and want to be able to tell the sports bar what channel we'll need. They aren't always that well versed in the TV packages they have so I like to be specific. So any details on what exactly this Fox College Sports channel is would be greatly appreciated.

Follow-up: I read in another thread that this Fox College Sports network is available to cable subscribers only....is this true? That might cause some pretty major issues getting the game on in sports bars that have Direct TV or Dish Network.

My understanding is that the Fox College Sports network is indeed a cable channel only and is different than the Fox Sports Net (FSN north, FSN Pacific, FSN Atlantic etc, etc)

pwbnd
08-18-2008, 04:50 PM
I think the place we normally have the game gets all their sports programming through satellite providers. I guess I'll keep looking.

So the game won't be live on any of the Fox Sports regional channels?

Sorry if this topic has already been covered.

Bison101
08-18-2008, 05:14 PM
According to Wikipedia...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_College_Sports

It seems like FCS Pacific, Central, and Atlantic are in the mix.

onbison09
08-18-2008, 07:47 PM
It might KEY WORD MIGHT be on one of the alternate channels on DirecTV. Sometimes I'll see an FCS game on there. Hopefully it is. :praying: :praying:

IL_Bison
08-19-2008, 02:30 AM
This is great news...just moved to Missouri, so does anybody know if there has been a watch party in Kansas City in past years? I have to be there that weekend otherwise I'd be at the game. Thanks.

spelunker64
08-19-2008, 02:33 AM
Looks like it will be handy in Fargo as well...

WYOBISONMAN
08-19-2008, 04:49 AM
I guess a guy could always fly in for the game.........

HerdBot
08-19-2008, 01:19 PM

It's on statewide NBC. Everyone gets it. edit: Sorry just noticed you said your from out of town.

IndyBison
08-20-2008, 04:16 AM
I read in another thread that this Fox College Sports network is available to cable subscribers only....is this true? That might cause some pretty major issues getting the game on in sports bars that have Direct TV or Dish Network.
This caused issues for me here in Indianapolis. I was told by BW-3 that they would have no trouble getting the game. On game day I found out you had to have a digital cable package to get the game. Good luck finding a bar/restaurant that has cable rather than satellite.

After 13 years of continually frustrating satellite coordinates, etc. I'm giving up on hosting the satellite game. We've probably only seen the entire game about half the time.

SamsRams
08-20-2008, 04:46 AM
This caused issues for me here in Indianapolis. I was told by BW-3 that they would have no trouble getting the game. On game day I found out you had to have a digital cable package to get the game. Good luck finding a bar/restaurant that has cable rather than satellite.

After 13 years of continually frustrating satellite coordinates, etc. I'm giving up on hosting the satellite game. We've probably only seen the entire game about half the time.

I think you are takinig this the wrong way my friend. I am jacked to hear this is on digital cable. Now I won't have to battle thru some bar manager to get a game I wanna watch on the TV. Instead I can throw a party at my house and watch it.......uninterrupted! I know there has to be one NDSU fan in Indy with a setup to watch football games on comcast at their house.

Vegas peeps, your place or mine :nod:

VegasBison
08-20-2008, 04:56 AM
Yours :nod:

X-Factor
08-20-2008, 05:25 AM

ooooo...can we expect to have another WYO sighting possibly at the UNI Dome?

pwbnd
10-10-2008, 07:02 PM
FYI -

http://www.ndsualumni.com/NetCommunity/Page.aspx?pid=657&srcid=657

56BISON73
10-10-2008, 07:08 PM

If you do---:D that would force my hand:D PL

Hippy Stick
10-10-2008, 09:18 PM

Man, like, WYOMAN, you're the coolest! You gonna fly in from Green River, man? PM me, dude, and we'll, like, share some primo Mexican "cucumber shavings" and brew there, righteous one!

:D :D :D :D

Herd
10-11-2008, 12:59 AM
The SDSU vs. Iowa St. game was on FCS, and came in on DTV channel 617. I'm hoping that the UNI/Bison game will also be on DTV, in Minnesota, but not sure that this point.

Most cable providers carry FCS, so I'd think it would be on in the midwest for those outside ND.

WYOBISONMAN
10-11-2008, 12:12 PM
Man, like, WYOMAN, you're the coolest! You gonna fly in from Green River, man? PM me, dude, and we'll, like, share some primo Mexican "cucumber shavings" and brew there, righteous one!

:D :D :D :D

Just bought my ticket to Minneapolis. I will be there.

MontanaBisonFan
10-11-2008, 01:01 PM
The SDSU vs. Iowa St. game was on FCS, and came in on DTV channel 617. I'm hoping that the UNI/Bison game will also be on DTV, in Minnesota, but not sure that this point.

Most cable providers carry FCS, so I'd think it would be on in the midwest for those outside ND.

Montana State and Kansas State were on this same system in Sept.
No bars had the digital feed in Helena except one illegally.
It is mostly sold to homes only.
It was on channel 333 in all Montana cities.

It turned out that it was on channel 617 on direct tv even though we were told that it would not be by direct tv.

So check out directv at game time or find a friend with digital cable

56BISON73
10-11-2008, 04:00 PM
Just bought my ticket to Minneapolis. I will be there.

Wyo
You going to UNI????? PL