PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Rams

SamsRams
08-18-2008, 03:02 AM
So the story goes, when my father Sam Neis was coaching under Jim Wacker the offensive line gave themselves the nickname of Sam's Rams. (please let me know if the story has been exagerated, anyone who knew Sam knew he could tell a hell of a story)
I am very familiar with Mr Wurzbacher as he is a South kid and played for my dad at Discovery. But I wanna know more about this years Rams.
Who is the leader of the line?
Starters?
Any up and comers to keep an eye on??

Does the university promote them as the Rams or is it something that has gone away?
Is there a part of the student section that is Ram lovers??

Thanks guys and really look forward to your info!!

SamsRams
08-18-2008, 09:49 PM
Wow 173 views and 0 responses. As much as yall love to tlak Bison fottball, kinda suprised noone has info in the O-Line?

tcbison
08-18-2008, 09:53 PM
Wow 173 views and 0 responses. As much as yall love to tlak Bison fottball, kinda suprised noone has info in the O-Line?

The O-Line has been talked about in other threads. Coach Bohl has said this is a strength of the team and they plan to rotate players...

Here is Scooter's analysis on a different thread:

LINE: These guys are going to be good. Harrington is among the best, Buckman as received preseason attention and Ebel is finally going to get a chance to show that he can be a presence. What is scary is that coach Bohl’s offensive line in next year is going to be better still. The Bison have experience and a lot of young talent to go with it. If I were DJ McNorton, the thought of running behind Lund, Richard, Cornick, and Landingham during the final years of my career would make me feel very good.

Herd Mentality
08-18-2008, 10:58 PM
I remember at least in the late 90's the o-lineman still had "Rams" on their letterjackets with "K.H.C.O" embroidered beneath.

SDbison
08-18-2008, 11:02 PM
Here are the upcoming lineman.....kind of my projections on depth without being left or right side specific. Included tight ends because they are important blockers too! Those on roster listed at OL only were placed at guard or tackle based on height (looks like the Bison could use a few more in the 6-4 plus range in the future as all are listed here). Also, left some lineman off my list that I hadn't heard much about, or were somewhat smaller. These guys are much more athletic than the big boys of the past so averaging over 300 lbs on the line really means something! Could be the best O-line ever.......

Tight End
Wurzbacher 6-5, 250, Sr
Brown 6-4, 255, Jr
Veldman 6-7, 244, RFr

Tackle
Buckman 6-5, 312, Jr
Ebel 6-6, 308, Jr
Arndt 6-6, 310, So
Wellenstein 6-7, 305, RFr
Cornick 6-5, 290, RFr

Guard
Septak 6-2, 301, Sr (also backup Center)
Foster 6-2, 295, Jr
McGregor 6-2, 315 So
Richard 6-2, 322 RFr (also working on Center)
Beckius 6-3, 310, Fr
Landingham 6-2, 305, Fr

Center
Harrington 6-2, 295, Sr

SamsRams
08-18-2008, 11:17 PM
The O-Line has been talked about in other threads. Coach Bohl has said this is a strength of the team and they plan to rotate players...

Thanks, I just didn't see any threads that stuck out, so I aplolgize if this is a repeat. Any links to other threads would be awesome!!

I remember at least in the late 90's the o-lineman still had "Rams" on their letterjackets with "K.H.C.O" embroidered beneath.

Knock His C**k Off is a great saying for O-Line, but his line for running backs always got the kids to laugh. Get threw that hole like a raped ape. Not sure if it makes sense or if he should have used it around junior high kids, but it is just funny to envision :)

Thanks SDBison, Great info!!

Again I apologize if this thread is a repeat and clutters the board. Feel free to merge!!

met1990
08-19-2008, 02:16 AM
I hate to put my foot in my mouth with the Rams. I remember when we played Angelo State in the Fargodome when I was in college. I kept yelling "Let's go Rams" when the Bison had the ball. I failed to realize that Angelo State was called the Rams. Oops.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
08-19-2008, 02:32 AM
As a charter member of Sam's Ram's, I can say that Sam was a great coach and an even better man. I think he came up with the name.

He also coined our motto

K.H.C.O

Castor Troy
08-19-2008, 02:49 AM
I asked my friend Doug VanMeter what KHCO meant and he said that if he told me he would have to kill me. I let the issue rest.