PDA

View Full Version : Tailgating Food?

WestDakotaBison
08-16-2008, 06:21 PM
So we're doing the music thing, why not food? What are you planning on bringing to the tailgate to feed your Bison faithful?

Tatanka
08-16-2008, 06:23 PM
We're going to keep it simple: hot dogs, bratwurst, chips, salsa, and glow bracelets.:)

TonkaBison
08-16-2008, 11:22 PM
I got this from a friend and it's excellent. Get a Buffalo roast and throw it in a cooking bag with a bottle of Famous Dave's Teriyaki sauce and a can of Diet Coke to tenderize it. Let it marinate for a day then throw it in an aluminum tray on the top of the grill for an hour. It makes for some very tasty roast Bison sandwiches!

HerdBot
08-18-2008, 06:08 AM
So we're doing the music thing, why not food? What are you planning on bringing to the tailgate to feed your Bison faithful?

Is beer food?

westnodak93bison
08-18-2008, 12:36 PM
Yes, technically beer is food. A wise man once told me there is a pork chop in every can.

TransAmBison
08-18-2008, 01:21 PM
Currently trying out new recipes...

bisonmike2
08-18-2008, 02:11 PM
Is beer food?

Guiness is. It's a meal in a bottle.

met1990
08-18-2008, 06:02 PM
Guiness is. It's a meal in a bottle.

Jagermeister has 56 vital vitamins and minerals in it, but I guess that probably wouldn't fly too well at tailgating...

FarSouth Bison
08-18-2008, 10:09 PM
Hot spicy chili, with alot of beef and beans in it.

aces1180
08-19-2008, 12:14 AM
Whatever they are giving away at the Bison Illustrated tent is my favorite! ;)

G-city Bison Fan
08-19-2008, 01:51 PM
Typically keep it simple with burgers, beer brats, dogs. Gotta have wings and kabobs as well. Plenty of booze, and when the weather starts calling for it, big crockpot full of chili.

I just saw the release of the Tailgating cookbook, but previously the place I went to browse for recipies was at http://www.tailgating.com/Recipes.htm

mebisonII
08-19-2008, 02:27 PM
Speaking of kabobs, I recently did some kielbasa and apple kabobs that were great and would make wonderful tailgating food. It was smoked kielbasa and green apples, but I'm going to have to look again for the glaze you brushed on. I'll try to remember when I get home!

WestDakotaBison
08-19-2008, 03:25 PM
I've got on order the largest pork shoulder this side of the missouri, gonna smoke that sucker for a day leading up to the glorious event that is tailgating, we're gonna pull it and smother it in Big Jakes (http://www.big-jakes.com/) and top it with slaw. Wash it all down with some bud light.

SDbison
08-19-2008, 03:39 PM
I've got on order the largest pork shoulder this side of the missouri, gonna smoke that sucker for a day leading up to the glorious event that is tailgating, we're gonna pull it and smother it in Big Jakes (http://www.big-jakes.com/) and top it with slaw. Wash it all down with some bud light.
Is it tailgate time yet? All this talk of tailgating, food, beer and Bison football is making me extremely anxious, hungry and thirsty. :hungry: :cheers: :bong: 5 hours of tailgating and a 3 hour game will not be enough for the season opening extravaganza! :nod: A Scheels shopping trip in the morning and Teammakers luncheon before tailgating will help. Add to that an hour of post game tailgating and extended party somewhere in Fargo will make a perfect first day of the 2008 football season..........I can't wait (this is like Christmas for an adult)! :D