PDA

View Full Version : Why is it that...?

WestDakotaBison
08-15-2008, 08:13 PM
My apologies in advance for this rant. Having an off day at work so I'll take it out here.

I'm fairly quiet on this board. I will give my 2 cents on things here and there and if i get any "insider" info from anyone I will relay it. But why is it that there seems to be that there are a few people on this board that always seem to have the inside scoop, swear to have the connection, personally talk with coaches/players, or just swear up and down that the information they have is correct? You get a guy or two who runs his mouth all over and when the facts come out, he couldn't be more wrong. You would think after a time or two this would humble a guy, but it only seems to get worse and worse with each passing day for these guys. Now, again, i'm fairly new to the board and don't know if i'm the outsider looking in, but my thoughts are that I should be able to come here and discuss information without having some wise a$$ throwing out useless information that he claims is coming from jesus himself, but really it came from some long haired hippie who was drunk at we-fest that heard it from the girl that just poured his beer bong who heard it from the guy named Zeek who she slept with the night before in the back of his truck. What I'm saying is just cut the B.S. If you don't have legit information that contributes to the discussion why bother?

Just reading a few recent replies on some of the other threads and it just got me worked up a bit.

TransAmBison
08-15-2008, 08:18 PM
My apologies in advance for this rant. Having an off day at work so I'll take it out here.

I'm fairly quiet on this board. I will give my 2 cents on things here and there and if i get any "insider" info from anyone I will relay it. But why is it that there seems to be that there are a few people on this board that always seem to have the inside scoop, swear to have the connection, personally talk with coaches/players, or just swear up and down that the information they have is correct? You get a guy or two who runs his mouth all over and when the facts come out, he couldn't be more wrong. You would think after a time or two this would humble a guy, but it only seems to get worse and worse with each passing day for these guys. Now, again, i'm fairly new to the board and don't know if i'm the outsider looking in, but my thoughts are that I should be able to come here and discuss information without having some wise a$$ throwing out useless information that he claims is coming from jesus himself, but really it came from some long haired hippie who was drunk at we-fest that heard it from the girl that just poured his beer bong who heard it from the guy named Zeek who she slept with the night before in the back of his truck. What I'm saying is just cut the B.S. If you don't have legit information that contributes to the discussion why bother?

Just reading a few recent replies on some of the other threads and it just got me worked up a bit.
If you heard it from Zeek you can take it to the bank. The guy is unreal.

aces1180
08-15-2008, 08:21 PM
Um...Welcome to the world of teh Interwebs...Where anyone can be an expert.

Seriously, I have been wrong with my facts in the past on a few occasions (the Montana State non-buyout for instance), but I am happy to admit my errors. However, once you start figuring out who is reliable with their info (Road, Hammer, Burgandy, etc.) and those who have wish they did (example redacted), then it begins to get easier to see facts and myths.

roadwarrior
08-15-2008, 08:22 PM
Relying on or believing what you read here is a learning process. Over time you will know better than to believe everything that is posted here. It's no different than listening to the experts that call into talk radio shows.

WestDakotaBison
08-15-2008, 08:23 PM

Seriously, I have been wrong with my facts in the past on a few occasions (the Montana State non-buyout for instance), but I am happy to admit my errors.

Right...and i get that everybody is wrong from time to time. But I'm talking about the guys who never quit, everything they say is b.s. and they know it.

bri-dog
08-15-2008, 08:23 PM
If you heard it from Zeek you can take it to the bank. The guy is unreal.

He's kind of a man-whore, though. At least that's what I heard.

TransAmBison
08-15-2008, 08:29 PM
He's kind of a man-whore, though. At least that's what I heard.
That is where you are wrong, he's never been paid. Kind of like your mo...(Am I taking this too far??:D )

UTH
08-15-2008, 08:39 PM
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/Attentionwhoringwhorenotforeverybod.jpg

BisManBison
08-15-2008, 09:30 PM

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh189/cchorne/internet.jpg

TheDoctor
08-15-2008, 09:39 PM
NOT another Lakes thread! The guy is everywhere. It's easy to figure out who is lying and who isn't if you spend a month on here. ;)

UTH
08-15-2008, 10:38 PM
NOT another Lakes thread! The guy is everywhere. It's easy to figure out who is lying and who isn't if you spend a month on here. ;)

Aye, but can it really be defined as lying when the person talking actually believes what is being said???

*reaching for webster's collegiate dictionary, tenth edition...:hide: :p

TheDoctor
08-16-2008, 03:29 AM
Aye, but can it really be defined as lying when the person talking actually believes what is being said???

*reaching for webster's collegiate dictionary, tenth edition...:hide: :p

So true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)