PDA

View Full Version : Need some suggestions

bri-dog
08-15-2008, 05:50 PM
I'm finally gonna get to go to the Fargodome!! After a few years of wanting to come back for a game, I'm coming back for WIU on October 11th.:D I plan on coming in on Thursday night, going out to my brother's farm & maybe help him out a little on Friday, and ride to Fargo in the "party bus" for some tailgating :cheers: :bong: -- flying out Sunday afternoon.

Here are my questions:

Where are the best places to stay? I'd obviously like to be near the airport, doesn't have to be fancy.

Where are the best places to hang out after the game? I have to make at least an appearance at Chub's (I worked there for awhile in '80-'81), but would like to check out at least a couple places. BTW, does anyone know if the Doyles still own Chub's?

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated -- thanks!!

roadwarrior
08-15-2008, 06:08 PM
It sounds like you haven't been back for a while.

Candlewood Suites is next door to the Fargodome, Homewood Suites and Days Inn are across the street. All just a few steps from tailgating.

Buffalo Wild Wings and Labbys are on 19th avenue for a cold one or two.

The Bison Turf is also still there and of course Chubs. Yes, I'm pretty sure Chubs still has the same ownership.

tcbison
08-15-2008, 06:11 PM
I'm finally gonna get to go to the Fargodome!! After a few years of wanting to come back for a game, I'm coming back for WIU on October 11th.:D I plan on coming in on Thursday night, going out to my brother's farm & maybe help him out a little on Friday, and ride to Fargo in the "party bus" for some tailgating :cheers: :bong: -- flying out Sunday afternoon.

Here are my questions:

Where are the best places to stay? I'd obviously like to be near the airport, doesn't have to be fancy.

Where are the best places to hang out after the game? I have to make at least an appearance at Chub's (I worked there for awhile in '80-'81), but would like to check out at least a couple places. BTW, does anyone know if the Doyles still own Chub's?

I would suggest the Homewood Suites. It is right across from the Fargodome. Nice place, a lot of the parents of the players stay there. They have a great breakfast in the morning and the location can't be beat.

bri-dog
08-15-2008, 06:19 PM
It sounds like you haven't been back for a while.

I have flown into Fargo a few times in the last 23 years since I've been gone, but haven't spent much time there.:( The last time I went to a bar in Fargo was when my brothers picked me up at the airport and we went straight to Chub's, then a nice little place called, I think, "Northern Exposure".:innocent:

roadwarrior
08-15-2008, 06:32 PM
You will want to stop and get your new Bison gear before the game at Scheels on 45th St. However you might need a guide since nothing west of West Acres or south of I-94 will look familiar to you!

mebisonII
08-16-2008, 01:26 PM
You will want to stop and get your new Bison gear before the game at Scheels on 45th St. However you might need a guide since nothing west of West Acres or south of I-94 will look familiar to you!

NO kiddings. Its that way for me, and I've only been gone 3 years!

Leave some time to walk around campus if you can. Especially stop in the new Union and go past the rec center. Again, guides may be required.

Herd
08-16-2008, 04:27 PM
I did the Homewood twice last year (1FB/1BB) and would go back. Good hotel!

99Bison
08-16-2008, 05:30 PM

Here are my questions:

Sleep Inn and Mainstay Suites have "Bison game" rates if you ask for them.
http://www.mainstaysuitesfargo.com/
http://www.sleepinnfargo.com/

These are by the 45th St and mall area, where Scheel's is, etc.

56BISON73
08-16-2008, 09:39 PM

Here are my questions:

The Super 8 on 12ave NW is like 57.00 a night. I stayed there last year and its nice. Easy access to everywhere. I called the Sleep Inn and Main Stay and there rates are like 100.00+ per night. I guess it all depends on how much time are you going to spend in your room and how much you want to spend.
PL

SDbison
08-17-2008, 05:51 PM
I did the Homewood twice last year (1FB/1BB) and would go back. Good hotel!
I have reservations for all the home game weekends at the Homewood Suites. When you factor in the clean, quiet rooms with really comfortable beds and a free breakfast with eggs, sausages, fresh fruit, yogurt, rolls, waffles, toast, coffee, juice, etc., the $100 a night rate is a good deal. Many of the players parents are in the breakfast area on Sunday morning so you can visit with them about Saturday's game. Also, there is a full kitchen in each room so you can finish preparing and store your tailgate food. The best thing is the dome is a couple minute walk away.

WYOBISONMAN
08-19-2008, 01:27 PM
Yes.....SD Bison got me hooked on Homewood, they are great!

SDbison
08-19-2008, 02:21 PM
Yes.....SD Bison got me hooked on Homewood, they are great!
Apparently the news is out because every football game weekend is sold out or near sold out. Might have to start making arrangements for a couple basketball weekends.