PDA

View Full Version : anyone have any info

Bison"FANatic"
08-14-2008, 07:55 PM
I heard a fairly reliable rumor today that we lost another player.. I am just wondering what people have heard but I am wondering if Mcfarland is still practicing with the team or who else might not be with the team. I hope this is all RUMOR and nothing to it.

msvjcpa
08-14-2008, 08:03 PM
I heard Hakeem Bourne-Macfarland quit the team after blowing up a few times in team meetings and getting hit by another player. I think he was the same guy that mixed it up with Lardinois early in the summer in the weight room. Apparently doesn't know when to shut up...

Bison"FANatic"
08-14-2008, 08:06 PM
That would be what I heard also

aces1180
08-14-2008, 08:07 PM
He is still listed on gobison.com.

SDbison
08-14-2008, 08:20 PM
Hopefully he is just sitting out a couple days to see if he can get things straightened out.......if not he could be off the team, maybe he already is.

bisonmike2
08-14-2008, 08:38 PM
That sucks. I hope we don't lose him. If there's any truth to the rumours why is it always WR that have the biggest mouth's?

onbison09
08-14-2008, 09:03 PM
I heard Hakeem Bourne-Macfarland quit the team after blowing up a few times in team meetings and getting hit by another player. I think he was the same guy that mixed it up with Lardinois early in the summer in the weight room. Apparently doesn't know when to shut up...
Hopefully it's just a rumor but you can't have a guy around like that. :smh:

mjh
08-14-2008, 09:12 PM
He was at practice lastnight. (wednesday)

90BISON
08-14-2008, 09:41 PM
Hopefully it's just a rumor but you can't have a guy around like that. :smh:

If I'm the coach, and all the above is even remotely true, I wouldn't want him around, period. And if I was the new kid on the block, I would just STHU and work my butt off. But that's just me.:mad:

WRSDBison
08-14-2008, 09:46 PM
If I'm the coach, and all the above is even remotely true, I wouldn't want him around, period. And if I was the new kid on the block, I would just STHU and work my butt off. But that's just me.:mad:

Keeping it PG? Why not STFU?

90BISON
08-14-2008, 10:37 PM
Keeping it PG? Why not STFU?

Sure, they're pretty much synonomous anyway aren't they? Being from the non-texting generation, I actually have to think which letters they are before typing it out.:blush:

OldBison
08-15-2008, 02:41 PM
If I recall, Hakeem was booted off of his BB team last spring and several expressed concern at that time that he was a hot head.

Talent is one thing, being disruptive on the team is another.

I think it is a fairly safe assumption that at the pro level, WRs are generally the biggest egos around and the biggest pains in the locker room. Can you say Moss, Owens and Johnson?

A team has to be a team, and one player cannot think they are better than others. If it is true that he blew up in a TEAM meeting, then FH, he should be gone.

roadwarrior
08-15-2008, 03:10 PM
Kolpack reported this morning that he was not at practice thursday and Bohl had no comment, but an explanation would be coming today.

Bison"FANatic"
08-15-2008, 03:14 PM
Dang I was looking forward to seeing the kid play and thought he could have been a very good receiver for us. I was hoping my source was wrong.

This is a TEAM sport and the TEAM has to get along with each other and the coaches, and the individuals have to put TEAM first.

imported_Bisongold
08-15-2008, 03:34 PM
Cut the cord now...not going to get better. Too disruptive. Moral killer.

SlickVic
08-15-2008, 03:46 PM
Cut the cord now...not going to get better. Too disruptive. Moral killer.

++++++++++ i agree cut the cord

lakesbison
08-15-2008, 03:52 PM
Oh.. shut up... Hakeem can straight up play. its called "ADJUSTING". dude thinks NDSU is like FSU... and THATS A GOOD THING.. we need some attitude on this team.. You want kids to come in from the cities/chicago and treat NDSU like U of Mary or cow ville U.. hell no, I want them to think NDSU is big time!

He brings a swagger, things should be allright.... let things cool off..

westnodak93bison
08-15-2008, 03:56 PM
some kids just dont get IT, if he doesnt get IT then show him the door
I would love to be a fly on the wall when the coaches sit him down for THE talk.

TransAmBison
08-15-2008, 03:57 PM
Oh.. shut up... Hakeem can straight up play. its called "ADJUSTING". dude thinks NDSU is like FSU... and THATS A GOOD THING.. we need some attitude on this team.. You want kids to come in from the cities/chicago and treat NDSU like U of Mary or cow ville U.. hell no, I want them to think NDSU is big time!

He brings a swagger, things should be allright.... let things cool off..
"Attitude" needs to be crushed immediately. No room for it. "Attitude" leads to individuals playing as individuals. Zoom in on Vikings and Moss. Worked out great for them. Not saying they need to get rid of this kid, but the attitude needs to be absolutely crushed.

lakesbison
08-15-2008, 04:14 PM
MOSS left cuz he had the balls to tell Mccombs to his face to "SPEND SOME MONEY ON DEFENSE SO WE CAN GET TO THE SUPER BOWL"

Moss wasn't as bad as the twin cities media made him out to be.

Hakeem is nowhere near the level of headache that you are portraying him to be on here..

imported_Bisongold
08-15-2008, 04:16 PM
A freshman coming in and smarting off to a senior (Lardinois) is way off the hook in my opionion. Not the type of swagger we need.

TAILG8R
08-15-2008, 04:23 PM
Hakeem is nowhere near the level of headache that you are portraying him to be on here..

A close personal friend of Lakes Hartman I guess.

WestDakotaBison
08-15-2008, 05:04 PM
A close personal friend of Lakes Hartman I guess.

He obviously has close personal relationships with all players, coaches, media personal, and every other person formally associated with Bison athletics down to the janitor who cleans the pissers in the locker rooms. Seriously...where have you been?..catch up. (sorry for the sarcasm)

Bison101
08-15-2008, 06:09 PM
Yeah, I for one would like to see him stay on the team, if at all possible. He looked to be a very promising wideout for when Heckendorf, Belquist, Schultenover, and Wurz are gone.

lakesbison
08-15-2008, 06:11 PM
trust me.. we want hakeem on the team.... period.. it'll be allright.

TransAmBison
08-15-2008, 06:14 PM
trust me.. we want hakeem on the team.... period.. it'll be allright.
Oh all right! You've never steered me wrong before. Except for that one time...wait!!! Oh no!!!

Scooter1
08-15-2008, 06:37 PM
Why is it that some confuse swagger with being a horses ass? I suggest that if he is going to spout off he should keep doing it to guys like Lardinois, Gratzek, Maresh, ect.... he'll either get the point or wind up in the hospital.

The one thing that I have like about Bohl is his low tollerence for bullshit. If this is true I say we stick with him for now but make the situation very clear to him. Shape up or get the hell out. It should be easy to recruit a WR next year. The coaches can say, "We have 4 QB all coming back and our Freshman QB can toss it over 70 yards"

onbison09
08-15-2008, 06:41 PM
MOSS left cuz he had the balls to tell Mccombs to his face to "SPEND SOME MONEY ON DEFENSE SO WE CAN GET TO THE SUPER BOWL"

Moss wasn't as bad as the twin cities media made him out to be.

Yeah leaving the field before the game's over. That's not that bad. If I was the coach I would have benched his ass for the next game or fined him or something. Now I feel better, thanks for reading my rant.

roadwarrior
08-15-2008, 06:53 PM
It's official - Hakeem has left the team.

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=211534

WestDakotaBison
08-15-2008, 06:54 PM
It's official. he's gone.

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=211534&CFID=70769566&CFTOKEN=81856432&jsessionid=8830e94c441b6443d4f3

WestDakotaBison
08-15-2008, 06:54 PM

man, you're fast.

BisonNeil
08-15-2008, 07:06 PM

Can't be, Lakes said it will be alright.

Given Lakes propensity to be absolutely wrong 156% of the time, what does this do to my clinging to his promises that Mertens is the second coming of Walker at QB? God I hope Lakes can be right once, just once dear God, please!

lakesbison
08-16-2008, 04:13 PM
I'd love to hear his side of the story.... the coaches (IM GUESSING!!!) stood up for lardinos.... and that probably (IM GUESSING!) made Hakeem pissy enough to leave the team...

*SIGHS.... this SUCKS!!!!!*

imported_Bisongold
08-16-2008, 05:13 PM
Smarting off to Lardinois was in the weight room during Summer. In no way was that the only incident. I use it as an example. That in itself would have been a minor incident. The point is that a kid coming in as a freshman is smarting off to a senior!! I don't care if he is smarting off to a soph. or a junior. I believe it shows a real character flaw. It only got worse from there. Lakes, if you are such buddys with all the players and coaches, find out for yourself. Hard for a player to get much respect when they don't give out any no matter how good they are.

sambini
08-16-2008, 05:28 PM
Those who stay will be Champions.

imported_Bisongold
08-16-2008, 05:40 PM
Those that stay for 5 years are already champions!

BisonNeil
08-17-2008, 12:46 AM
We need guys like Brower, not Hakeem. What a dude Brower is! He has been switched around from LB to RB and back again. Great on special teams, a true team player. I hope he gets elected captain. What he has done for the sake of the team, rather than his own career, has been nothing short of a miracle, IMO.

westnodak93bison
08-17-2008, 12:49 AM
sounds like a punk who doesnt understand how to fit into the pecking order

imported_Bisongold
08-17-2008, 01:30 AM
We need guys like Brower, not Hakeem. What a dude Brower is! He has been switched around from LB to RB and back again. Great on special teams, a true team player. I hope he gets elected captain. What he has done for the sake of the team, rather than his own career, has been nothing short of a miracle, IMO.

Exactly what I mean when I said those that stay 5 years are already champions. Many, Many players don't see alot of playing time until they are juniors, and some not until the are seniors. The first 3 years have to be very tough on them. These players to me are the toughest ones on the team and will no doubt be extremely successful. Their parents should also be applauded for raising kids with some great traits. Let me see, who would you bet on to be successful...Mike Brower or Hakeem?

sambini
08-17-2008, 02:26 AM
Well said++++

WYOBISONMAN
08-17-2008, 05:49 AM
I got one word about this whole thing.........

TEAM

If you can't be a part of that.......then you are not a BISON!