PDA

View Full Version : Excitement for UND FB near zero

Bison Dan
08-14-2008, 03:19 PM
I know that many of you don't care but after all the crap they gave us about moving up and our pending failure I find that I can't help but compare our move to theirs. Has anyone noticed how dead their board is for the fb thread. There is a couple of posters looking forward to the season but no one is posting any info on the team and no one is complaining about the coverage. Their schedule sucks but you'd think the school would hype up the season a little bit. Oh well it sucks to be them.

roadwarrior
08-14-2008, 03:28 PM
They have a football team? I thought it was only hockey and swimming.

met1990
08-14-2008, 03:38 PM
I wish them luck, but man, it would be tough for anyone to get fired up over that schedule. I was in GF yesterday, and they had the schedule scrolling on the Alerus message board: A&M Kingsville, SCSU and USD. One more, I think, but can't remember who. I think only Montana Tech could round that out...

tcbison
08-14-2008, 03:43 PM
I know that many of you don't care but after all the crap they gave us about moving up and our pending failure I find that I can't help but compare our move to theirs. Has anyone noticed how dead their board is for the fb thread. There is a couple of posters looking forward to the season but no one is posting any info on the team and no one is complaining about the coverage. Their schedule sucks but you'd think the school would hype up the season a little bit. Oh well it sucks to be them.

I think it is best to focus on Bison sports instead of that other team. Go Bison!

met1990
08-14-2008, 04:06 PM
I think it is best to focus on Bison sports instead of that other team. Go Bison!

You see, we have a fallback in Lakes. He can spend all of his time devoted to Bison sports so I can dabble in other schools and pro sports from time to time. It's comforting to know he's got our collective backs.

dmksioux
08-14-2008, 05:34 PM
I wish them luck, but man, it would be tough for anyone to get fired up over that schedule. I was in GF yesterday, and they had the schedule scrolling on the Alerus message board: A&M Kingsville, SCSU and USD. One more, I think, but can't remember who. I think only Montana Tech could round that out...

I am a Sioux fan who is excited about the move to DI. This is a tough schedule to get excited about..the three teams your missing are Wisconsin-LaCrosse, Western Washington, and Southern Utah (the only home DI game.) We actually travel to South Dakota this year. I will attend most if not all of the games. I expect that the enthusiasm will grow this year and into next year as we have a chance to see what FCS football is all about. The "busiest thread" has to do with future schedules...primarily talk about the Texas Tech game (although I think half the posts are from Bison fans.) Remember, NDSU has primarily always been a football first school whereas UND has primarily been a hockey first school. I don't know that football will ever overtake hockey, but I do believe it will expand it's base of fans over the next few years.

met1990
08-14-2008, 05:48 PM
This is a tough schedule to get excited about..the three teams your missing are Wisconsin-LaCrosse, Western Washington, and Southern Utah (the only home DI game.) We actually travel to South Dakota this year.

Shows how much I pay attention to things when I'm driving...

Which game is your homecoming? THat's the one I got confused with USD.

TransAmBison
08-14-2008, 05:57 PM
I am a Sioux fan who is excited about the move to DI. This is a tough schedule to get excited about..the three teams your missing are Wisconsin-LaCrosse, Western Washington, and Southern Utah (the only home DI game.) We actually travel to South Dakota this year. I will attend most if not all of the games. I expect that the enthusiasm will grow this year and into next year as we have a chance to see what FCS football is all about. The "busiest thread" has to do with future schedules...primarily talk about the Texas Tech game (although I think half the posts are from Bison fans.) Remember, NDSU has primarily always been a football first school whereas UND has primarily been a hockey first school. I don't know that football will ever overtake hockey, but I do believe it will expand it's base of fans over the next few years.
Hmmm, hockey you say??? Tell me more of this "hockey". How does one become a "hockey school?" Are birthday parties for criminal masterminds needed, or just a plus?

roadwarrior
08-14-2008, 06:16 PM
I don't really understand the need for yet another thread about UND, even though it is of a "smacky" nature.

lakesbison
08-14-2008, 06:18 PM
You see, we have a fallback in Lakes. He can spend all of his time devoted to Bison sports so I can dabble in other schools and pro sports from time to time. It's comforting to know he's got our collective backs.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

WHO GIVES A FLYING POOP OF POOP!!!!!!!!!

met1990
08-14-2008, 06:26 PM
I agree. No more threads about other schools in the News About Other Schools area!

TransAmBison
08-14-2008, 06:42 PM
I agree. No more threads about other schools in the News About Other Schools area!
Sounds like a Monty Python skit to me. :nod:

met1990
08-14-2008, 06:53 PM
Sounds like a Monty Python skit to me. :nod:

Haha. I'll get to work on it...

dmksioux
08-14-2008, 07:01 PM
Shows how much I pay attention to things when I'm driving...

Which game is your homecoming? THat's the one I got confused with USD.

Homecoming is against Western Washington.

Sorry about using the "H" word...I forget that it's not looked upon kindly on this board...

onbison09
08-14-2008, 07:29 PM
Homecoming is against Western Washington.

Sorry about using the "H" word...I forget that it's not looked upon kindly on this board...
Doesn't bother me. Hopefully the Gophs have their stuff together this year but they aren't starting Frazee "the Funnel" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4kxS1ksqtw :smh:

Bison101
08-14-2008, 08:00 PM

A Texas Tech game?

Let's focus on Texas A and M-Arlington before we head up to Lubbock, folks. :D

Tatanka
08-14-2008, 09:12 PM
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/wookiee5pl.jpg

BisoninNWMN
08-17-2008, 01:15 AM
I will be interesting to see what kind of crowds the Sue get for their games this yr...and if they will have any even near a sell-out.

Their playoff game against Winona, last yr, barely drew 5k. I guarantee if the Bison get a home playoff game...it will be a sell-out.:D

tjbison
08-17-2008, 05:03 AM
I will be interesting to see what kind of crowds the Sue get for their games this yr...and if they will have any even near a sell-out.

Their playoff game against Winona, last yr, barely drew 5k. I guarantee if the Bison get a home playoff game...it will be a sell-out.:D

I guarantee the Bison won't NEED a playoff game to get a sell out!!:D

BisoninNWMN
08-17-2008, 06:42 PM
I guarantee the Bison won't NEED a playoff game to get a sell out!!:D

Good call!!!

:p ;) :p