PDA

View Full Version : Olympics

sambini
08-11-2008, 03:47 AM
After watching the swimming tonight. Very proud of our USA athletes. That relay tonight againest the French. Awesome GO USA+++++

MHDBisonfan
08-11-2008, 04:12 AM
I'm anxious to see the women's 800m to see their times compared to what Laura Roesler ran earlier in the olympic trials. Look for Laura in (Paris?) in 2012 :nod:

99Bison
08-11-2008, 04:33 AM
After watching the swimming tonight. Very proud of our USA athletes. That relay tonight againest the French. Awesome GO USA+++++

That was unbelievable... especially given all the hype buildup and doubting going around it.

BlueBisonRock
08-11-2008, 04:38 AM

That relay was absolutely incredible. I was amazed to see that the first five teams all broke the world record. The USA and the French absolutely smashed the record. Lezak was an athlete who would not be denied! Fastest split in Olympic history. He just rocked out there. And Hoff did an excellent job in her race getting a silver.

As you said Sambini, Very Proud! Absolutely amazing!

Civil06
08-11-2008, 12:33 PM
Unbelievable! I try to watch as many events as I can, but I don't think I've ever stood up and rooted for a swimming event. This was special. With the French trash talk and all, I basically screamed when the USA's lane lit up with the #1.

tcbison
08-11-2008, 02:02 PM
I'm anxious to see the women's 800m to see their times compared to what Laura Roesler ran earlier in the olympic trials. Look for Laura in (Paris?) in 2012 :nod:

It will be fun to watch. I believe the 2012 Olympics is in London. Don't count out Laura Hermanson either.

Bison"FANatic"
08-11-2008, 02:19 PM
That race was absolutely great. I was a little loud when the USA won as I woke the wife up. It was crazy how he closed the gap on that last 50.

Hammersmith
08-11-2008, 06:07 PM
I just had the women's water polo match on in the background when a commercial started. It became clear in the first few seconds that it was for a university or a scientific company. As it was playing, I kept saying to myself. "This is so well produced, I wish it were an NDSU ad." I think I said that like four of five times. As it was wrapping up, it hit home that the only colors in the commercial were yellow and green. Now I was thinking, "Holy crap, is this actually an NDSU commercial?" Then the ending: 'NDSU - Impact.'

I have not seen a commercial for a university produced so well outside the best BCS schools. What was glaring was that I saw a UND commercial earlier in the morning. The UND commercial was good; about the same as last year's from NDSU. But this new Impact commercial just blew it out of the water(so to speak - I was watching water polo after all).

A big congratulations to whoever has put together this year's general-university ad campaign. I can't wait for it to start airing during the five televised football games, especially the YSU & UNI games when it will be shown in non-local markets.

99Bison
08-11-2008, 06:10 PM
I just had the women's water polo match on in the background when a commercial started. It became clear in the first few seconds that it was for a university or a scientific company. As it was playing, I kept saying to myself. "This is so well produced, I wish it were an NDSU ad." I think I said that like four of five times. As it was wrapping up, it hit home that the only colors in the commercial were yellow and green. Now I was thinking, "Holy crap, is this actually an NDSU commercial?" Then the ending: 'NDSU - Impact.'

I have not seen a commercial for a university produced so well outside the best BCS schools. What was glaring was that I saw a UND commercial earlier in the morning. The UND commercial was good; about the same as last year's from NDSU. But this new Impact commercial just blew it out of the water(so to speak - I was watching water polo after all).

A big congratulations to whoever has put together this year's general-university ad campaign. I can't wait for it to start airing during the five televised football games, especially the YSU & UNI games when it will be shown in non-local markets.

That would probably be a Flint - Media Productions ad in conjunction with NDSU.

aces1180
08-11-2008, 06:13 PM

Speaking of women's water polo...Sort of NSFW.

http://deadspin.com/5035552/this-is-the-problem-with-live+streaming-female-water-polo-photos

sambini
08-12-2008, 03:48 AM
Those swimmers are amazing++++

BlueBisonRock
08-12-2008, 06:42 AM
Borrowed this from the AGS board. It did seem fitting:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/Demote-France.jpg

BisManBison
08-12-2008, 04:39 PM
Borrowed this from the AGS board. It did seem fitting:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/Demote-France.jpg

Rep for the gut busting post, I know it wasn't an original, but it still gave me a good laugh.

I jumped across my living room at the end of the race, what a great race! The that last time I jumped that far was the end of the Sam Houston State game last year. I'm pretty sure I could medal in the living room leap if it were an olympic sport, using a formula involving the actual distance jumped and the reaction time of the jump...I'm lightning fast.

sambini
08-13-2008, 02:46 AM
Michael Phelps is amazing wow+++++

extremerouge
08-13-2008, 02:53 AM
Michael Phelps is amazing wow+++++
yeah he's alright...

onbison09
08-14-2008, 08:08 PM
Has anybody seen this?? WTF were they thinking??!??? http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/211386

bisonaudit
08-14-2008, 08:15 PM
It's been on the interwebs for a week. I'm not sure what took the 'media' so long to pick it up.

met1990
08-14-2008, 08:18 PM
It's been on the interwebs for a week. I'm not sure what took the 'media' so long to pick it up.

It took that long for the photo to be translated from Spanish to English.

BlueBisonRock
08-15-2008, 06:29 AM
Womans Gymnastics Finish... Wow! Worth staying up late for.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/3gym081508.jpg

fargocyclone
08-15-2008, 01:58 PM
Womans Gymnastics Finish... Wow! Worth staying up late for.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/3gym081508.jpg

Johnson's only 16, BBRock!!

56BISON73
08-15-2008, 02:08 PM

Yes and she is already taller than Lakes.:D
PL

BlueBisonRock
08-15-2008, 02:53 PM

And an awesome gymnyst. The kid has talent and class. And is a legitimate 16.

onbison09
08-15-2008, 06:50 PM
I'd say the gym in Parker, Texas is pretty decent. Athens: Carly Patterson, and Nastia. BTW she doesn't need her last name anymore all you need to say is Nastia now and everyone knows who you're talking about, just like Mary Lou and Nadia. BTW has anyone seen Nadia lately :hide:

sambini
08-15-2008, 08:23 PM
I'd say the gym in Parker, Texas is pretty decent. Athens: Carly Patterson, and Nastia. BTW she doesn't need her last name anymore all you need to say is Nastia now and everyone knows who you're talking about, just like Mary Lou and Nadia. BTW has anyone seen Nadia lately :hide:
Is she chillin with Lakes?

Hammersmith
08-15-2008, 09:10 PM

Lives in Oklahoma with her husband and 2 year old son. She's still a pretty major player in the gymnastic and Olympic worlds. She's functions as an honorary ambassador to the US from Romania in athletic and other areas(she has dual citizenships) and holds high postitions in the Special Olympics and the MDA. She's keeping herself busy.

http://www.bartandnadia.com/bionadia.html

onbison09
08-16-2008, 03:37 AM
Lives in Oklahoma with her husband and 2 year old son. She's still a pretty major player in the gymnastic and Olympic worlds. She's functions as an honorary ambassador to the US from Romania in athletic and other areas(she has dual citizenships) and holds high postitions in the Special Olympics and the MDA. She's keeping herself busy.

http://www.bartandnadia.com/bionadia.html
:hide: Didn't know that it was just a shallow comment based on her looks :hide:

Hammersmith
08-16-2008, 04:33 AM
:hide: Didn't know that it was just a shallow comment based on her looks :hide:

Ah. Wasn't sure which way you were going with that. She seems to go from, "Damn she looks fine for 45," to, "What the F is that?!" depending on the photo.

Hot (Pic #2) (http://www.bartandnadia.com/pics_nadia.html)
Not (http://www.weblo.com/asset_images/large/47d0edf43bdb2.jpg)

56BISON73
08-16-2008, 05:05 AM
Ah. Wasn't sure which way you were going with that. She seems to go from, "Damn she looks fine for 45," to, "What the F is that?!" depending on the photo.

Hot (Pic #2) (http://www.bartandnadia.com/pics_nadia.html)
Not (http://www.weblo.com/asset_images/large/47d0edf43bdb2.jpg)

There were some photos years ago when she was boozing real heavy that you would go---damn who is that ugly broad. PL

ndsubison1
08-16-2008, 07:42 AM
Big BBall game vs. Spain tomorrow...

sambini
08-16-2008, 12:10 PM
Michael Phelps gets gold medal number seven. Track and Field has started. GO USA+++

imabison
08-16-2008, 12:40 PM
Michael Phelps gets gold medal number seven. Track and Field has started. GO USA+++
That finish was unbelievable. If the other swimmer had been 4 inches closer Phelps would have been beat. Phelps won it when the other swimmer reached for the wall. It was amazing

mebisonII
08-17-2008, 12:07 AM
Haven't watched the highlights yet, but USA drubbed Spain something brutal (118-86 or something like that). If that was going to be a gold-medal game preview, I like our chances.

NBC is referring to USA as the Redeem Team.

sambini
08-17-2008, 05:04 PM
Did anyone watch the 100 meters in track. My oh my 9.69 and he let up the last 5 meters or so...

extremerouge
08-17-2008, 07:37 PM
yeah bolt is pretty fast...he let up with more than 5 meters to go! it was more like 15! rediculous...and it is said the 200 is his best race...

sambini
08-18-2008, 04:17 AM
The Jamaican women sweep the 100 final also.

extremerouge
08-18-2008, 05:46 PM
I wonder if Usain Bolt is interested in playing receiver for us? he's what 6'5" and is pretty fast off the line? can he catch a football?

NorthernBison
08-18-2008, 09:09 PM
I wonder if Usain Bolt is interested in playing receiver for us? he's what 6'5" and is pretty fast off the line? can he catch a football?

I don't know if he can catch but, one of the ESPN guys said his speed compute to an equivalent 40 time of 3.5 seconds. I don't know wxactly how they figured that but, there isn't a DB who could run with that kind of speed. There was a trackster that played for the Niner's back in the 80's that was hard to cover because of his speed but still got singled because of Rice. Was that Renaldo Neamijifdjkfj?

bisonaudit
08-18-2008, 10:30 PM
Nice to see someone at ESPN can do simple division...however, that's a totally rediculious statement. Bolt probably ran the last 40 yards in 3.5 (maybe less) but he sure didn't run the first 40 yards in 3.5.

NorthernBison
08-19-2008, 12:20 AM
Nice to see someone at ESPN can do simple division...however, that's a totally rediculious statement. Bolt probably ran the last 40 yards in 3.5 (maybe less) but he sure didn't run the first 40 yards in 3.5.

Yeah, I wondered how they came up with a number (I punched a few numbers into the calculator and couldn't even see how they came up with their number). The first part of the race would obviously be a slower average. It would be interesting to see how long it took to run the first 40 yards. Even though he coasted at the end, he was clearly moving faster than at the initial stages.

sambini
08-19-2008, 01:38 AM
I don't know if he can catch but, one of the ESPN guys said his speed compute to an equivalent 40 time of 3.5 seconds. I don't know wxactly how they figured that but, there isn't a DB who could run with that kind of speed. There was a trackster that played for the Niner's back in the 80's that was hard to cover because of his speed but still got singled because of Rice. Was that Renaldo Neamijifdjkfj?

Former world record holder Renaldo Nehemiah from Maryland.

Castor Troy
08-19-2008, 02:45 AM
America's best hope in the men's hammer throw is a guy by the name of A.G. Kruger who is a graduate of former NCC whipping-boy Morningside College. He was DII national champion in the discus and hammer in 2001. He is also featured in a Home Depot commercial. He's the big bald guy.

onbison09
08-19-2008, 07:13 PM
Henry Cejudo is the first US wrestler to win Olympic gold this year!!! http://www.themat.com/section.php?section_id=3&page=showarticle&ArticleID=19425 I don't know if anyone watched the gymnastics last night. Nastia Liukin tied on the uneven bars but somehow got the silver medal. And guess who won?? Wait for it...wait for it.....CHINA!!!! What a freaking suprise!!! The night before one of the vaulters fell but still got a bronze medal. I know s#!tty judging is an Olympic tradition but still. You can't give out 2 gold medals.

bisonaudit
08-19-2008, 09:38 PM
I told my wife during the opening ceremonies that I wasn't going to watch anything that involved judging.... Yeah, that lasted until the first day of women's gymnastics.

It's tough to construct a winning arguement for Team Handball when you can't even explain the object of the game. Cricket I can figure out, but Team Handball, no chance. If only Oxygen was running coverage, opposite the gymnastics, anything involving Lindsey Zarniack,... but no... the choices were, Team Handball or women's gymnastics. Judges or no judges, tumbling carried the day.

Castor Troy
08-19-2008, 09:58 PM
I know what you mean, but I have been able to really get into the trampoline competition last night. It seems to be less subjective. They have to show control and stay in the middle of the trampoline while maintaining the same height. The scoring seems to cut and dry.

d3boys
08-19-2008, 10:40 PM
gymnastics is exciting and fun to watch but figuring out the winner sucks
the judges cant have an athlete from their country participating so you take away the us, china, russia, romania,,,, in other words anybody who knows anything about gymnastics
so what you got left is judges from countries who have never won a medal
doesnt make sense to me
rant over

tjbison
08-20-2008, 12:04 AM
gymnastics is exciting and fun to watch but figuring out the winner sucks
the judges cant have an athlete from their country participating so you take away the us, china, russia, romania,,,, in other words anybody who knows anything about gymnastics
so what you got left is judges from countries who have never won a medal
doesnt make sense to me
rant over

I agree, the tie breaker rule is the dumbest thing i've ever seen! but that routine should never have been a tie anyways, I admit I know nothing about uneven bars, but after seeing the replays and the announcers pointing out the difference we all know who the winner was! Oh well USA has 79 medals to lead the count 26G 26S 27B GO USA!!

Civil06
08-20-2008, 02:32 PM
SPOILER ALERT - READ FURTHER FOR MEN'S 200 METER FINAL RESULTS

Usain Bolt has won the 200m. He ran 19.30 seconds and broke Michael Johnson's world record by 0.02 seconds.

onbison09
08-20-2008, 07:24 PM
Usain Bolt has won the 200m. He ran 19.30 seconds and broke Michael Johnson's world record by 0.02 seconds.
Well I guess I don't have to watch that now. :banghead: :banghead: At least put a spolier alert or something. :banghead: :banghead: I had one of the greatest out of contexts ever. I was talking to my dad and said, "Did you see Nastia get screwed last night?" Could I have put that any worse?

bisonmike2
08-20-2008, 07:44 PM
Well I guess I don't have to watch that now. :banghead: :banghead: At least put a spolier alert or something. :banghead: :banghead: I had one of the greatest out of contexts ever. I was talking to my dad and said, "Did you see Nastia get screwed last night?" Could I have put that any worse?

Relax. At least he didn't tell you about the men's b-ball team losing to Austrailia today.

/kidding....or am I?

Civil06
08-20-2008, 07:48 PM

Sorry about that... Spoiler alert has been added.

onbison09
08-21-2008, 02:51 AM
Sorry about that... Spoiler alert has been added.
Didn't mean to be so pissed but I'm tired of ESPN being like BREAKING NEWS blah blah blah when I thought I was safe. Sorry.

Hammersmith
08-21-2008, 03:08 AM
Rainy beach volleyball on live right now. Probably the only thing giving the Chinese a shot against May/Walsh.

Civil06
08-21-2008, 03:19 AM
Didn't mean to be so pissed but I'm tired of ESPN being like BREAKING NEWS blah blah blah when I thought I was safe. Sorry.

No worries.

This volleyball match looks cold. I agree with Hammersmith, the rain is an equalizer. I love May and Walsh - they're really good. I also love cheering against China. USA, USA, USA!!!!!

UTH
08-21-2008, 04:38 AM
No worries.

This volleyball match looks cold. I agree with Hammersmith, the rain is an equalizer. I love May and Walsh - they're really good. I also love cheering against China. USA, USA, USA!!!!!

Cold. Rain. May. Walsh. BB's Bikini thread should soon rise to a new level...USAhttp://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/Smilies/saluteamericanflagsmilies.gif, USAhttp://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/Smilies/saluteamericanflagsmilies.gif, USAhttp://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/Smilies/saluteamericanflagsmilies.gif!!!!!!!!

mebisonII
08-21-2008, 12:03 PM
Apparently May and Walsh are both going to stop and have babies now? Did I hear that right in their post-game excitement?

Hammersmith
08-21-2008, 12:57 PM
Apparently May and Walsh are both going to stop and have babies now? Did I hear that right in their post-game excitement?

You heard right.

I'd volunteer(hardship duty), but then I'd have to deal with their husbands. Considering how diligent the two ladies are in their volleyball practicing, those should be two happy guys. Hope Matt Treanor doesn't end up on the 15 day DL; the Marlins need him right now.

mebisonII
08-22-2008, 01:19 AM
Starting to look like bad news for China. We'll see if the IOC is serious about this or not, but its looking pretty obvious at this point:

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijing/blog/fourth_place_medal/post/IOC-orders-investigation-into-He-Kexin-s-age?urn=oly,102564

56BISON73
08-22-2008, 01:28 AM
Starting to look like bad news for China. We'll see if the IOC is serious about this or not, but its looking pretty obvious at this point:

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijing/blog/fourth_place_medal/post/IOC-orders-investigation-into-He-Kexin-s-age?urn=oly,102564

Considering the IOC hasnt had the nuts to confront China about the lies they told to get the Olympics in the first place I would be surprised if they take any punitive action.
Granted they do need to take action and strip them of the medals but I wont hold my breath. PL

onbison09
08-22-2008, 09:51 PM
Considering the IOC hasnt had the nuts to confront China about the lies they told to get the Olympics in the first place I would be surprised if they take any punitive action.
Granted they do need to take action and strip them of the medals but I wont hold my breath. PL
IOC says no proof of cheating. :( Time for the student section's favorite chant!!! I want Nastia to get the Gold Medal on the uneven bars that was taken from her on a BS tiebreaker.

56BISON73
08-22-2008, 10:07 PM
IOC says no proof of cheating. :( Time for the student section's favorite chant!!! I want Nastia to get the Gold Medal on the uneven bars that was taken from her on a BS tiebreaker.

They are investigating it and the evidence is compelling. I think the IOC finds a way to crawdad out of it so China save face. PL

sambini
08-23-2008, 04:17 AM
Jamaica breaks the world record in the 400 meter relay. Usain Bolt is a stud.

TheDoctor
08-23-2008, 05:48 AM

Making Carl Lewis look silly! ;)

d3boys
08-23-2008, 07:39 PM
the jamaican women pulled a usa on the 4 x 100 relay

onbison09
08-23-2008, 09:40 PM
Hopefully he's not too much of a stud........

sambini
08-24-2008, 04:48 AM
USA Men and Women win the 4x400 meter relay++++

extremerouge
08-24-2008, 03:08 PM
Men's Basketball gets gold...

sambini
08-24-2008, 03:17 PM
Very proud of our athletes. GO USA+++++

NorthernBison
08-24-2008, 03:28 PM
I sometimes get tired of the "journalists" that want to "create" more story than is actually there. One reporter made a big deal out of how Spain hung tough in the gold medal game. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that Team USA beat the same team by 37 earlier this week. They won the gold and nobody really challenged them.

Write more stories on how this team played together and more stories about how Coach K got a bunch of all-stars to do something that the last three teams didn't.

I'm surprised at how far the track events have fallen in terms of visibility. Bolt got a lot of attention for his three golds and world records but that was about it. Usually the track athletes are the rock stars of the Olympics. I think the change might have something to do with the past drug problems. Track needs to work hard to get back to where they were.

extremerouge
08-24-2008, 04:56 PM
I sometimes get tired of the "journalists" that want to "create" more story than is actually there. One reporter made a big deal out of how Spain hung tough in the gold medal game. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that Team USA beat the same team by 37 earlier this week. They won the gold and nobody really challenged them.

Write more stories on how this team played together and more stories about how Coach K got a bunch of all-stars to do something that the last three teams didn't.

I'm surprised at how far the track events have fallen in terms of visibility. Bolt got a lot of attention for his three golds and world records but that was about it. Usually the track athletes are the rock stars of the Olympics. I think the change might have something to do with the past drug problems. Track needs to work hard to get back to where they were.
its tough to compete with the story of Michael Phelps...that and the US Track and Field team didn't live up to the standards set for themselves...

tjbison
08-24-2008, 05:38 PM
its tough to compete with the story of Michael Phelps...that and the US Track and Field team didn't live up to the standards set for themselves...

Phelps, and then the gymnastics with the chinese age scandal and two very good US athletes in Nastia and Shawn, kinda took away from the track!

Tatanka
08-24-2008, 11:39 PM
OK. It's officially time for a big WTF.

First teh Chinese sub in a lip-syncing little girl (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/08/12/cute-girl-mimed-opening-c_n_118349.html)because the girl with the voice didn't have the right look. Then it comes out that some of the fireworks at the opening ceremonies were el fake-o (http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/08/12/fake.fireworks.ap/).

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm49/exiledslayer/WTF.jpg

:smh:

Bisonguy
08-25-2008, 12:09 AM
That's the old news- they supposedly didn't want all the smoke in the air from the fireworks after air quality was made out to be such a big deal. Seeing as how they invented fireworks, I'll give them a pass.

Next thing we'll find out that the opening ceremonies weren't actually live, even though NBC told us they were....

*hint*- think about the time difference, and when they were on the air

Castor Troy
08-25-2008, 12:50 AM
Phelps, and then the gymnastics with the chinese age scandal and two very good US athletes in Nastia and Shawn, kinda took away from the track!

The track team did very well in events that are not really mainstream. They swept the men's 400 open and the 400 hurdles. They also won the decathalon for the first time in a while. They got an unexpected gold medal in the women's discus as well as an unexpected silver in the men's shot put from Christian Cantwell. The world is catching up in track and field and this team did not under-perform like the commentators have been saying. Bolt and Asafa Powell have been beating everyone in the worl for most of the year. Our only shot at a medal was supposed to be Tyson Gay, but the up-and-comer Walter Dix who I just saw at the NCAA championships in June came through to medal in both the 100 and 200.

I was surprised to see that a bigger deal was not made out of Clay who won the decath for the first time since Bruce Kardashian did in 1976.

tjbison
08-25-2008, 01:14 AM
The track team did very well in events that are not really mainstream. They swept the men's 400 open and the 400 hurdles. They also won the decathalon for the first time in a while. They got an unexpected gold medal in the women's discus as well as an unexpected silver in the men's shot put from Christian Cantwell. The world is catching up in track and field and this team did not under-perform like the commentators have been saying. Bolt and Asafa Powell have been beating everyone in the worl for most of the year. Our only shot at a medal was supposed to be Tyson Gay, but the up-and-comer Walter Dix who I just saw at the NCAA championships in June came through to medal in both the 100 and 200.

I was surprised to see that a bigger deal was not made out of Clay who won the decath for the first time since Bruce Kardashian did in 1976.

Whoa!! I never meant to undercut the Track, I watched every event that I could, I was stating that they didn't broadcast as much T&F as years past, but they wanted to showcase the gymnastics and Phelps:)

Castor Troy
08-25-2008, 02:06 AM
Whoa!! I never meant to undercut the Track, I watched every event that I could, I was stating that they didn't broadcast as much T&F as years past, but they wanted to showcase the gymnastics and Phelps:)

Oh, my comments were not really pointed at you. You are correct in that track usually showcases an American that is going for something special in the sprints. There was a lack of appeal from one star athlete. They tried to make a big deal out of Legat becoming a US citizen but he really looked bad in his performances.

I was just a little upset at how the coverage was trying to paint the picture of Jamaica taking over the world of track and field all of a sudden when they are as good as they have always been but Bolt had his coming out party.

Sorry for the confusion.

NorthernBison
08-25-2008, 02:16 AM
I kind of started the track discussion. It wasn't something I dreamed up. I read several sports columns that brought up the fact that track visibility has fallen off overall and the Olympics made it more obvious.

You can say Phelps in the pool and the gymnastics had great stories but they always do. Furthermore, they were over before the track stuff really got started. Usually track is the big ticket the last week and it wasn't so much this time. Several sports guys have commented that the public has turned its back on track after all the steroids stuff. Maybe it's true and maybe it's only because there weren't too many Americans winning the big events.

I see the same thing in cycling and I don't know if it is the doping thing or the fact that Armstrong isn't around anymore. The ratings for the final weekend will tell the story but I don't think people were watching.

tjbison
08-25-2008, 02:16 AM
Oh, my comments were not really pointed at you. You are correct in that track usually showcases an American that is going for something special in the sprints. There was a lack of appeal from one star athlete. They tried to make a big deal out of Legat becoming a US citizen but he really looked bad in his performances.

I was just a little upset at how the coverage was trying to paint the picture of Jamaica taking over the world of track and field all of a sudden when they are as good as they have always been but Bolt had his coming out party.

Sorry for the confusion.

I get what your sayin;)