PDA

View Full Version : Bohl Contract Extension!

NDSUFREAK
08-05-2008, 02:15 AM
http://www.bisonzone.com/index.cfm?page=article_full&id=210389

Thanks to onbison for posting this on AGS and letting me know!!
this deserves a thread of its own
:cheers: :cheers:

MHDBisonfan
08-05-2008, 02:22 AM
Sweet! We need to keep Coach here as long as possible:nod:

tjbison
08-05-2008, 02:39 AM
Last page of this thread had some discussion on it! But hell yeah!!

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13187&page=4

imported_Bisongold
08-05-2008, 02:58 AM
Sweet! No reason to lose him to a midmajor now.

imported_Bisongold
08-05-2008, 03:04 AM
I hope Gene Taylor is the next to get a big raise!! Nothing but class from him in everything he has done.

Bisonguy
08-05-2008, 03:15 AM
WDAY had the complete breakdown on the 6:00 sports- it's closer to $269k including camps, etc. before the incentives ($20k national championship, $10k MoValley champs, road/home playoff games, etc.)

Edit- Here's the complete addendum-http://www.in-forum.com/pdfs/Bohl%20addendum.pdf

Jdubs21
08-05-2008, 03:18 AM
he deserves every penny and more! great job gene and getting him a little more compensation for what he has done!

fargocyclone
08-05-2008, 03:34 AM
WDAY had the complete breakdown on the 6:00 sports- it's closer to $269k including camps, etc. before the incentives ($20k national championship, $10k MoValley champs, road/home playoff games, etc.)

Edit- Here's the complete addendum-http://www.in-forum.com/pdfs/Bohl%20addendum.pdf

He's going to have a tough time getting the $10k for winning the "Gateway Conference Championship"... :banghead:

Suppose they technically don't have to pay for a MoVally Championship then...? Legality. Any lawyers here? (who would actually admit to that?)

SlickVic
08-05-2008, 03:35 AM
3 percent of gross ticket sales someone do the math on that all and all worth close to half a mill chea

roadwarrior
08-05-2008, 03:39 AM
One too many zeroes in your calc, Slick.

15,000 seats X $20 average ticket X 6 games X .03 = $54,000

Bisonguy
08-05-2008, 03:42 AM
Hallstrom did the approximate calculations for ticket revenue for last season and came up with ~$30k. Have to keep in mind the 4,000 students that sometimes show up, and the fact that endzone seats are less expensive.

HerdBot
08-05-2008, 03:49 AM
http://www.bisonzone.com/index.cfm?page=article_full&id=210389

Thanks to onbison for posting this on AGS and letting me know!!
this deserves a thread of its own
:cheers: :cheers:

That's great news! That means we're serious about winning and competing for a National Championship!

Keeping your head coach is the backbone behind a strong team! Since he's amongst the highest paid coaches in D1-AA, that means we're definitely not losing him to another D1-AA or lower end D1-A school because it's now a better job!

Now it's up to us to buy tickets and make the dome a hostile place where the competition cant win!

SlickVic
08-05-2008, 04:00 AM
Have to keep in mind the 4,000 students that sometimes show up

i think next years adendum should include a 50k bonus if bohl can manage to keep half of them there for the whole game...20k if he can get some to stay for till the start of the 2nd half ;)

Bisonguy
08-05-2008, 04:03 AM
i think next years adendum should include a 50k bonus if bohl can manage to keep half of them there for the whole game...20k if he can get some to stay for till the start of the 2nd half ;)

Bohl would probably just hire a couple security guards for a couple hundred per game to not let any students leave, and pocket the remaining $45k. At least that's what I'd do. :nod:

HerdBot
08-05-2008, 04:11 AM

I think people stick around when they are competitive games.

SlickVic
08-05-2008, 04:12 AM
Bohl would probably just hire a couple security guards for a couple hundred per game to not let any students leave, and pocket the remaining $45k. At least that's what I'd do. :nod:

hate to say it but he'd prolly have to...anyways tho wonder what he all upgrade his team makership to now that hes half a millionaire think i seen last year he game 15k my oh my that man is as slick as it gets

NDSU1980
08-05-2008, 11:33 AM
Vote in The Forum's poll on the extension. Of course he deserves every penny.

http://www.in-forum.com/includes/poll/poll.cfm?id=3168

Bison101
08-05-2008, 01:00 PM
Vote in The Forum's poll on the extension. Of course he deserves every penny.

http://www.in-forum.com/includes/poll/poll.cfm?id=3168

It's a no brainer. :)

westnodak93bison
08-05-2008, 01:16 PM
Bohl did mention the assistants also got a well deserved bump.

WarBison
08-05-2008, 03:53 PM
Some reaction from the community....some people just don't have a clue.

http://www.in-forum.com/talk/index.cfm?id=2384&article_id=2384

bisonmike2
08-05-2008, 04:04 PM

Not surprising. Some people have no vision. They see only his salary and think that Bohl is just a football coach. He is an ambassador of the university, a marketing agent, and a master fundraiser, just to name a few things. When he succeeds at his job, which he has been, his return on investment is very good. His r.o.i might be the best out of any NDSU employee, except maybe Chapman or Taylor. Plus he provides something you can't measure, pride. I've always been proud of my university and the Bison but he makes it really easy.

aces1180
08-05-2008, 04:08 PM
Not surprising. Some people have no vision. They see only his salary and think that Bohl is just a football coach. He is an ambassador of the university, a marketing agent, and a master fundraiser, just to name a few things. When he succeeds at his job, which he has been, his return on investment is very good. His r.o.i might be the best out of any NDSU employee, except maybe Chapman or Taylor. Plus he provides something you can't measure, pride. I've always been proud of my university and the Bison but he makes it really easy.

Plus, some people just post comments to stir controversy...For instance, MLPSBison.

In addition, others are just bitter that they work at Don's Car Wash for minimum wage and don't really have any skills that could bring them more income.

bisonmike2
08-05-2008, 04:35 PM
Plus, some people just post comments to stir controversy...For instance, MLPSBison.

In addition, others are just bitter that they work at Don's Car Wash for minimum wage and don't really have any skills that could bring them more income.

Bingo. I think you nailed it.

"what's the big deal about coaching? I could coach! I got a 15 game win streak in Madden on all-pro! I should be making $300k!"

UTH
08-05-2008, 04:40 PM
Bingo. I think you nailed it.

"what's the big deal about coaching? I could coach! I got a 15 game win streak in Madden on all-pro! I should be making $300k!"

I dunno - it worked out pretty well in that stupid 'snakes on a plane'* movie... :hide: ;)

*~2 valuable hours of time lost and gone forever...

tcbison
08-05-2008, 04:50 PM

The saddest part is these type people wouldn't say these things to your face, but since they can hide behind a screen name they say whatever they want even if they don't believe it.

aces1180
08-05-2008, 04:54 PM
The saddest part is these type people wouldn't say these things to your face, but since they can hide behind a screen name they say whatever they want even if they don't believe it.

Right on...My fiancee and I were talking about that last night...How people can comment on stories and remain hidden behind a user name...That's one thing I will never do...If someone wants to know my real name, I'll glad give it to them...I have nothing to hide and I stand by the comments I make on the Internet.

NDSUFREAK
08-05-2008, 05:22 PM
it already said i was registered under NDSUFREAK so i didn't change my name haha

56BISON73
08-05-2008, 06:27 PM
The people bitching abot Bohls salary are the same people who bitch about evryone else who make more than they do. Many dont have a clue what Bohl actually brings to the table overall.
They look at the salary and have a brain fart as they cant comprehend it and start shooting there mouth off about something that they have no clue about. PL

Bison bison
08-05-2008, 06:41 PM
Right on...My fiancee and I were talking about that last night...How people can comment on stories and remain hidden behind a user name...That's one thing I will never do...If someone wants to know my real name, I'll glad give it to them...I have nothing to hide and I stand by the comments I make on the Internet.

Your real name isn't Aces1180?

goddammit.

I was going to name my son that, but I thought it was already taken....

bisonmike2
08-05-2008, 06:43 PM
Your real name isn't Aces1180?

goddammit.

I was going to name my son that, but I thought it was already taken....

NDB2 is kinda catchy. Is that Norweigian?

TheBisonator
08-05-2008, 06:45 PM
Hallstrom did the approximate calculations for ticket revenue for last season and came up with ~$30k. Have to keep in mind the 4,000 students that sometimes show up, and the fact that endzone seats are less expensive.

Wait a minute, if we totalled exactly 90,707 in attendance last season, and maybe 15-16,000 of them students brings us to 75,000 or so paid ticket attendance total last season, did we only charge an average of 40 cents per ticket?? Cause I would think we would have made $1.3-1.4 million in football ticket revenue at an average of 18 dollars or so per ticket...

Bison bison
08-05-2008, 06:46 PM
http://uk.geocities.com/imfletcher73/poon.gif

Commanche Indian.

aces1180
08-05-2008, 06:57 PM
NDB2 is kinda catchy. Is that Norweigian?

I thought it was based in Star Wars language, like R2D2.

westnodak93bison
08-05-2008, 06:59 PM
people against this raise think this shouldnt be a priority but in reality it will only help professors get more in time

56BISON73
08-05-2008, 07:08 PM
Many people are arent informed to the fact that College Football means $$$$$ and brings $$$$$$ to the area. There have been studies done to the affect that it has. Not only in the terms of $$$$$ but also of the social , educational values and increased enrollment it brings to the table. There has been a recent influx of schools who have instituted or reinstated football programs for the various reasons mentioned. PL

TheBisonator
08-05-2008, 07:12 PM
Many people are arent informed to the fact that College Football means $$$$$ and brings $$$$$$ to the area. There have been studies done to the affect that it has. Not only in the terms of $$$$$ but also of the social , educational values and increased enrollment it brings to the table. There has been a recent influx of schools who have instituted or reinstated football programs for the various reasons mentioned. PL

What the anti-DI people on the DII board don't realize is that the Flutie Effect is very real, and can definitely help a university. You can see it starting to pay dividends at NDSU.

Hammersmith
08-05-2008, 07:14 PM
Wait a minute, if we totalled exactly 90,707 in attendance last season, and maybe 15-16,000 of them students brings us to 75,000 or so paid ticket attendance total last season, did we only charge an average of 40 cents per ticket?? Cause I would think we would have made $1.3-1.4 million in football ticket revenue at an average of 18 dollars or so per ticket...

They're talking about how much Bohl's 3% of the gate will come to. Using last year's numbers, 3% of all season tickets and single game tickets would've come to about $30,000. Assuming 8,500 season tickets at $125 a pop, single game tickets at $15, and a season average of 18,750, Bohl's take of the gate should actually be close to $50,000* ($1.64M in total gate receipts).

* ((8500*125)+((18750-8500-3800)*15*6))*.03

tjbison
08-05-2008, 08:06 PM

Don't read that crap, I feel like I should run my virus scanner after that!!!!:smh:

Bison"FANatic"
08-05-2008, 08:59 PM
Don't read that crap, I feel like I should run my virus scanner after that!!!!:smh:

Some people really have a "anyone that is making more than me is evil". I love the one about the person saying lets have one of our economic professors do a study and we will see if he is really bringing money into the University. I was thinking great go and do it, I don't think they will get the answer they thought they would get though.

I know I saw on here a few months ago a article that was published about how athletics effected enrollment. That would make for a good link for those people to read.

Bohl is worth every penny as he is getting the job done and excelling at it!!!!

IBleedYellow
08-05-2008, 11:03 PM
Kick ass raise for a Kick ass coach.

NDSUFREAK
08-06-2008, 03:04 AM
Kick ass raise for a Kick ass coach.
i guess we can end the thread with this haha :D

TheDoctor
08-06-2008, 04:55 AM
i guess we can end the thread with this haha :D

Ahmen! ;)

UTH