PDA

View Full Version : und to play Texas Tech in 09

capitalcitybison
08-05-2008, 01:41 AM
I seen it on ss and anygivensaturday. Can someone post a link? It looks like the game will be sept. 5th 2009.

tjbison
08-05-2008, 01:53 AM
Someone should ask DaveK if the Red Raiders count as "Real DI" calling this one too, 60-0:)

Bison bison
08-05-2008, 03:07 AM
Good for them.

But the game could get real ugly.

(I know I posted the same thing with NDSU within the past year).

NDSUguy
08-05-2008, 03:33 AM
Good for them. That is a quality game and while I don't expect the outcome to be favorable to them, i'm not going to pull a Sid and say that the score will be 60-0

SlickVic
08-05-2008, 04:19 AM
Good for them. That is a quality game and while I don't expect the outcome to be favorable to them, i'm not going to pull a Sid and say that the score will be 60-0

ill pull a sid and say TT all score in the triple digits if they want wonder if the scoreboard in red raiderville redgisters that high?

NDSUguy
08-05-2008, 02:37 PM
ill pull a sid and say TT all score in the triple digits if they want wonder if the scoreboard in red raiderville redgisters that high?

I don't think that TT is that much better than the gophers of 2 years ago. The goofs lost 41-44 in OT against a TT team that was far superior to this years version. Now, we can't tell how good TT will be in 2009 but that being said, I certainly do not think that they will hang 60 on the Sioux.

SlickVic
08-05-2008, 02:56 PM
I don't think that TT is that much better than the gophers of 2 years ago. The goofs lost 41-44 in OT against a TT team that was far superior to this years version. Now, we can't tell how good TT will be in 2009 but that being said, I certainly do not think that they will hang 60 on the Sioux.

texas techs capable of hanging 60 on almost anybody and what are you talking about the team that lost to minnesota was far suppior to this years squad? "are you crasy?" (copyright jack black in nacho libre) this tech teams by far the best leeches ever had in lubbick...theres a reason many "experts" are calling them to win the big 12 and a possible darkhorse championship contender...ever heard of michael crabtree?

met1990
08-05-2008, 03:30 PM
This game's at the Alerus, right?

lakesbison
08-05-2008, 03:59 PM

*Cricket Noise.... Cricket Noise*

TT will be amazing this year and next, 72-10. final score

Greenie
08-05-2008, 04:07 PM
This game could get ugly for UND. If Lennon was still the coach, they would keep it respectable.

Bison Dan
08-05-2008, 04:15 PM
This game could get ugly for UND. If Lennon was still the coach, they would keep it respectable.

I disagree, TT has the kind of Offense that is hard to defend, Lennon or not. If Lennon was the coach he wouldn't have scheduled it this early in their transition. This is a desperate attempt by the athletic dept to get into the DI spotlight.

SlickVic
08-05-2008, 04:22 PM
I disagree, TT has the kind of Offense that is hard to defend, Lennon or not. If Lennon was the coach he wouldn't have scheduled it this early in their transition. This is a desperate attempt by the athletic dept to get into the DI spotlight.

+++++++++++++++ heard taylor had the texas tech game sign sealed and delivered in the bag but bohl said no way...UND will get in the spotlight alright in a match up like this texas tech all hang a hundo on them if they want wouldnt suprise me at all leech is a psycho he may pull a FM liberty and try to throw for 1,000 yards who knows with him other then that he shows no mercy...hope this games on TV ;)

tjbison
08-05-2008, 06:02 PM

2006- SE Louisiana 62-0
2007- Northwestern St. 75-7

I will garantee you TT gets to scoring THEY ARE NOT GOING TO STOP, and I;m sorry UND will not be at par to stop their offense

IowaBisonToo
08-05-2008, 06:07 PM
I thought all the UND fans said they wouldn't take a big payday? I also remember many calling NDSU a bunch of sell-outs. At least they were playing games that meant something. Oh how times and tunes have changed.:D

Greenie
08-05-2008, 06:27 PM

You're right, Lennon wouldn't have scheduled such a game -- he knows better. It's one thing to play Central Michigan, Minnesota, Ball State, Wyoming. It's another to play a top 25 FBS school.

ndsubison1
08-05-2008, 06:37 PM
the red raiders have two heisman contenders how are they similar to the 'goofs' of two years ago?

TheBisonator
08-05-2008, 06:39 PM
Texas Tech will be gunning for a BCS bowl this year and next. They'll win the und game 70-7.

tjbison
08-05-2008, 08:47 PM
I know I should stay away from this site, but here is wahat a certain poster put up on SS!!

"I like it. There is none of this "tiptoeing" into the former IA playing teams like Ball State or Central Michigan like a certain school to the south."

but yet they schedule

I D A H O!!!!! FOR 2 YEARS IN A ROW, and they make fun of our schedule:banghead: :banghead: i gotta quite looking at that bs.

Go_Herd
08-05-2008, 09:18 PM
I know I should stay away from this site, i gotta quite looking at that bs.

It's like Meth...just say no.

I read it too and I'm afraid I've developed an aneurysm.

met1990
08-05-2008, 09:30 PM
Haha--that's great. No tiptoeing, just like Northern Colorado...

BraxtonT
08-05-2008, 10:26 PM
Before getting Minnesota on the schedule in 2006, I remember reading about the I-AA team needing to average 60 scholarships over three consecutive years (which NDSU had done) in order for the I-A school to count the win towards bowl- eligibility.

If this is still the case, then why would Texas Tech schedule a game with UND?

NDSUFREAK
08-05-2008, 10:40 PM
anygivensaturday guys...anything can happen in a year

NDSUFREAK
08-05-2008, 10:42 PM
:confused: :confused:

fargocyclone
08-05-2008, 10:44 PM
anygivensaturday guys...anything can happen in a year

Any Given Saturday.... They might just pull within 40 points! ;)

SDbison
08-05-2008, 10:52 PM
Before getting Minnesota on the schedule in 2006, I remember reading about the I-AA team needing to average 60 scholarships over three consecutive years (which NDSU had done) in order for the I-A school to count the win towards bowl- eligibility.

I was thinking the same thing........SDSU had to wait until this fall to schedule Iowa State due to their slower ramp to full scholarships!

Bisonguy
08-05-2008, 11:58 PM

The bylaw was revised in 2006- it's now 90% of maximum (63) averaged over a rolling two year period (and actually, the previous bylaw stated it was over the two preceding seasons).

There's also the possibility for a waiver if a team could not fund the 90% required due to 'unique' circumstances.

EagleBison
08-06-2008, 12:35 AM

Good one SlicSid ;)

SDbison
08-06-2008, 01:31 AM
The bylaw was revised in 2006- it's now 90% of maximum (63) averaged over a rolling two year period (and actually, the previous bylaw stated it was over the two preceding seasons).

There's also the possibility for a waiver if a team could not fund the 90% required due to 'unique' circumstances.
Figures the team up north would find a way to squeeze in without having to do the work that NDSU and SDSU did. Can't wait for the Siouxsies to get the crap kicked out of them.......and I suppose their loss will somehow get confused with us. Why couldn't UND have just stayed DII where they belonged and wanted to be!

Shawn-O
08-06-2008, 02:16 AM
+++++++++++++++ heard taylor had the texas tech game sign sealed and delivered in the bag but bohl said no way

Hmm. What happened to "Bring on the competition"?

MN_BISON
08-06-2008, 03:54 AM
Hmm. What happened to "Bring on the competition"?

It's alive and well Shawn-O. Bohl and Taylor had a plan and they followed it and it looks like it's worked rather well up to this point. I don't see what good it would have done the program in the early transition stages to play a team like TT right out of the gate. Getting sand pounded will not help pull recruits and bringing a team of mostly DII players down to TX for a royal ass kicking does what for the UND football program? But if that is the plan your coach and AD have, that's fine and I wish you luck. No one said the Sioux had to follow NDSU's blueprint, go at it however you like.

NorthernBison
08-06-2008, 05:40 AM
I remember that Coach Bohl had to be talked into the 2006 Gopher game. The 2007 game was already scheduled but he wasn't sure if the program was ready for a game against a Big 10 team in 2006. There's a difference between playing quality competition and possibly reaching to something that sets the program back.

We'll see how this turns out for UND but, a top tier Big 12 team that has a history of kicking the crap out of teams when they get them down might be more than Mussman bargained for.

UND has their plan and we'll see how it works. They have a chance to make a splash on Sportscenter however it turns out. Hopefully, for them, it won't be for the biggest deficit of the year in college football.

sambini
08-06-2008, 09:08 AM
Its nothing for Tech to put up 70.....

BisoninNWMN
08-06-2008, 11:28 AM
What a ass-kickin this is going to be. The TT qbs will something like 34-36 for 500ish yds and 8-10 tds. Go get them Sue!

BisBison
08-06-2008, 12:40 PM
is und even a counter next year? I thought they had to average 60 scolies for three years to be a bowl eligible counter. Oh well, I guess that's TT's problem.

Mr. Burgundy
08-06-2008, 04:05 PM
Pray the TT Wide Receiver stays in school. He may win the Heisman trophy that day!!!! Similar to Kleinsasser getting drafted THAT DAY against the Bison....ha.

EagleBison
08-06-2008, 04:36 PM
Pray the TT Wide Receiver stays in school. He may win the Heisman trophy that day!!!! Similar to Kleinsasser getting drafted THAT DAY against the Bison....ha.

TT is pretty deep at WR. UND will have their hands full with Crabtree's teammates. :nod:

ndsubison1
08-06-2008, 05:47 PM
I know I should stay away from this site, but here is wahat a certain poster put up on SS!!

"I like it. There is none of this "tiptoeing" into the former IA playing teams like Ball State or Central Michigan like a certain school to the south."

but yet they schedule

I D A H O!!!!! FOR 2 YEARS IN A ROW, and they make fun of our schedule:banghead: :banghead: i gotta quite looking at that bs.

UND can't afford to play the lower FBS team, they need the money... of course you don't hear any of that.

WYOBISONMAN
08-06-2008, 08:13 PM
I say congrats to UND. They ought to get a hell of a payday for that and there can be no question that Texas Tech is some serious competition.

bisonmike2
08-06-2008, 09:07 PM
It's like Meth...just say no.

I read it too and I'm afraid I've developed an aneurysm.

And it will rot your brain, make your teeth fall out, and have strong urge to watch college hockey.

UND 3
Hurricane Texas Tech - 129

Tatanka
08-06-2008, 09:37 PM
I say congrats to UND. They ought to get a hell of a payday for that and there can be no question that Texas Tech is some serious competition.
I would have to concur. and according to McFooly the payday is $350k.

dmksioux
08-06-2008, 09:58 PM
UND can't afford to play the lower FBS team, they need the money... of course you don't hear any of that.

Not sure what the payout is...but we do have Idaho on our Schedule in '09 and '10. I'm sure the payout will be rather low for those two games.

onbison09
08-08-2008, 05:10 PM
Not sure what the payout is...but we do have Idaho on our Schedule in '09 and '10. I'm sure the payout will be rather low for those two games.
Ranked 117 out of 119 by SI. I'm sure the Sioux fans will insist that was a big win.

Bison bison
08-08-2008, 05:27 PM
Idaho has permanently solidified their place on ESPN's Bottom 10.

bisonmike2
08-08-2008, 05:33 PM
Ranked 117 out of 119 by SI. I'm sure the Sioux fans will insist that was a big win.

I can see it now. The Sioux fans will be all over it. "See NDSU, you not the only ones who can beat a FBS team!"

Idaho < Central Michigan
Idaho < Ball St
Idaho < Minnesota

But to them they will think that an Idaho victory is an equal triumph. Now if they beat Texas Tech, I'll give them some props. I just don't see how that can happen at all.

dmksioux
08-08-2008, 05:35 PM

Although I am expecting us to win this game, I will not be a Sioux fan who is claiming it as a "big" win for the program. I was simply responding to the post about UND "needing big money games" as in we are desperate for cash during the transition. If this was the case, I doubt we would have Idaho on our schedule for two consecutive years.

Hammersmith
08-08-2008, 05:44 PM
One could make the comment that the Idaho games were scheduled before Faison took over, and that one of his first acts was to schedule the Texas Tech game. Is money the primary reason for this game? I don't know. But it is a single warning flag. If this flag is joined by others, then there may be a problem. If it stands alone, then this was just an isolated opportunity too good to pass up. We won't know which for several years.

bisonmike2
08-08-2008, 05:46 PM
Although I am expecting us to win this game, I will not be a Sioux fan who is claiming it as a "big" win for the program. I was simply responding to the post about UND "needing big money games" as in we are desperate for cash during the transition. If this was the case, I doubt we would have Idaho on our schedule for two consecutive years.

Point taken.

dmksioux
08-08-2008, 05:57 PM
One could make the comment that the Idaho games were scheduled before Faison took over, and that one of his first acts was to schedule the Texas Tech game. Is money the primary reason for this game? I don't know. But it is a single warning flag. If this flag is joined by others, then there may be a problem. If it stands alone, then this was just an isolated opportunity too good to pass up. We won't know which for several years.

I would agree with this as well. According to Faison, TT came to UND. He stated that He and the AD from TT have been friends for a number of years. Sorry I don't have a link for that...it was in one of the Herald articles. For right now, this game is what it is...An opportunity to get people excited and talking about the UND football program. You can't deny that it hasn't accomplished that.

Bison bison
08-08-2008, 07:11 PM
Wins over Idaho would be big wins for any FCS team with the exception of Montana :)

Texas Tech will be a huge game for UND - my guess is this game will be all over Sports Center. Their offense can put up numbers quick and then never let up.

I sincerely hope it doesn't turn out this way, but UND might be known for years as the team that lost to the Red Raiders 90-0 (there are already a few teams who in recent years have been outscored by 5+ touchdowns).

dmksioux
08-08-2008, 07:24 PM
As they say...any publicity is good publicity. Not sure if I agree with that. As a side note, Texas Tech has a couple of games scheduled against FCS programs this year...I'm looking forward to seeing how those two games turn out.

http://texastech.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/text-m-footbl-sched.html

3 posts on bville today and counting...I need to just shut my computer off and walk away...

Bison bison
08-08-2008, 07:59 PM
dmk go check out Texas Tech versus FCS/DI-AA teams the past few years - it's not pretty. And Tech is going to significantly better this year and next......

Northwestern State W 75-7

Southeastern Louisiana W 62-0

Sam Houston State W 80-21
Indiana State W 63-7

They've scored 70+ four times in the past four years, 50+ fourteen times.

Bisonguy
08-08-2008, 08:14 PM
dmk go check out Texas Tech versus FCS/DI-AA teams the past few years - it's not pretty. And Tech is going to significantly better this year and next......

Northwestern State W 75-7

Southeastern Louisiana W 62-0

Sam Houston State W 80-21
Indiana State W 63-7

They've scored 70+ four times in the past four years, 50+ fourteen times.

And that's why this game is a good get for UND. Lose by 50+, well, UND walks away with a good paycheck and what was supposed to happen. If UND keeps the game respectable, or heaven forbid wins, that's a big feather in the hat for their program.

That said, if UND is still running the Lennon-style 3-4, they could be in for a very long day. Not that TT wouldn't be able to throw a lot of points up against most FCS schools, but TT's offense is the very scheme that would tear UND's past defenses apart.

99Bison
08-08-2008, 08:30 PM
And that's why this game is a good get for UND. Lose by 50+, well, UND walks away with a good paycheck and what was supposed to happen. If UND keeps the game respectable, or heaven forbid wins, that's a big feather in the hat for their program.

That said, if UND is still running the Lennon-style 3-4, they could be in for a very long day. Not that TT wouldn't be able to throw a lot of points up against most FCS schools, but TT's offense is the very scheme that would tear UND's past defenses apart.

However, whatever the goal you'd think they'd want to schedule a more "winnable" game... ie style of play they match up with well. That is unless you couldn't get any others.

DORMIE
08-08-2008, 09:31 PM
I recall that we had a chance to play LSU and Texas Tech, however Coach Bohl dodn't feel that we had the speed yet to compete. We do have quite a bit of speed but not that of a top 10 team. My new Sports Illustrated had Texas Tech #8. Even though UND has had a nice defense recently, white D Backs from Detriot Lakes just don't cut it in the big time.

1bizon1
08-08-2008, 10:21 PM
I seen it on ss and anygivensaturday. Can someone post a link? It looks like the game will be sept. 5th 2009.

any one care? anyone? anyone........NEXT!

met1990
08-08-2008, 11:53 PM
The game has done exactly what UND needed it to do--it created a flicker of interest in their football program. Six pages of thread attest to it...

Tatanka
08-09-2008, 12:27 AM
The game has done exactly what UND needed it to do--it created a flicker of interest in their football program. Six pages of thread attest to it...
:rofl:

well played, even if unintentional!

TheDoctor
08-09-2008, 04:49 AM
UND gets beat by 40...doen deal. So much for D1 Sue! :rofl: ;)

Mr. Burgundy
08-09-2008, 12:16 PM
They probably won't score, and TT will hang 70 before they blink. That is the facts. Congrats on getting a big payday, but they could not have found a tougher team to face. A coach that will run it up, and an explosive offense with no quit in it.

KC Bison
08-10-2008, 11:49 PM
I don't see how 6 pages of people laughing at the Sue is an indication of interest in their program.

sambini
08-10-2008, 11:51 PM
They probably won't score, and TT will hang 70 before they blink. That is the facts. Congrats on getting a big payday, but they could not have found a tougher team to face. A coach that will run it up, and an explosive offense with no quit in it.
This one could get ugly++++

TheDoctor
08-11-2008, 02:36 PM
This one could get ugly++++

His post or the game???? :rofl:

sambini
08-11-2008, 10:28 PM
His post or the game???? :rofl:

The Game Tech will hang a half a c-note in the first half.

SlickVic
08-12-2008, 12:16 AM
The Game Tech will hang a half a c-note in the first half.

somebody post that urban dictionary line so i can understand some of the great sambinis slang ;)

4mcruenomore
08-12-2008, 03:21 AM
Too bad college doesn't have the 40 point rule like in HS

TheDoctor
08-12-2008, 03:36 AM
somebody post that urban dictionary line so i can understand some of the great sambinis slang ;)

Come on Slick.....he learned it form watching you! ;)

sambini
08-12-2008, 03:45 AM
U rubbed off on me dog+++ Have a Michelob+++

TheDoctor
08-12-2008, 04:51 PM

:rofl: Funny!!!!!!!!!!!

Tatanka
08-13-2008, 12:12 AM

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/foshnizzle9oz.jpg

:nod:

Shawn-O
08-16-2008, 03:11 AM