PDA

View Full Version : Drago to the Steelers???

BisManBison
07-29-2008, 11:45 PM
The Steelers punter, Daniel Sepulveda, tore his ACL today and is out for the year. As a die hard Steelers fan that would be great to see Drago in the black and gold, albeit not the ideal circumstances. Those of you in the know, has Drago been contacted by them, has he contacted them???

cadillac
07-30-2008, 12:40 AM
I know he was in Buffalo last week and he has another try out coming up. that could be it...?

westnodak93bison
07-30-2008, 12:49 AM
Come on Drago! Get in there and steel the show. Clever pun intended.

WRSDBison
07-30-2008, 01:11 AM
I'm still hoping the Broncos make a move on him. They don't have a proven punter. Just imagine Drago's thunder foot in the light air of the mile high city. Could be awesome.

MAKBison
07-30-2008, 02:47 AM
The Steelers punter, Daniel Sepulveda, tore his ACL today and is out for the year. As a die hard Steelers fan that would be great to see Drago in the black and gold, albeit not the ideal circumstances. Those of you in the know, has Drago been contacted by them, has he contacted them???

I just wrote the same thing on a PS fan cite!

bri-dog
07-30-2008, 01:56 PM
I'm still hoping the Broncos make a move on him. They don't have a proven punter. Just imagine Drago's thunder foot in the light air of the mile high city. Could be awesome.

Since I'm in Denver, I've been hoping for the same thing ever since the Pats let him go.

Da_Bizon
07-30-2008, 02:00 PM

I'm a huge Broncos fan and I've been thinking the same thing. I thought they might draft him... he was interviewed a couple of times by Denver before the draft and I heard they really like him. That could just be hearsay, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. And hey... you never know... if he can teach himself to be the best punter in I-AA football, maybe he can teach himself how to placekick...

BisManBison
07-30-2008, 02:31 PM
How does my "Drago to the Steelers" thread get hijacked by a bunch of Donkies fans :D?

I see the Steelers have already signed another punter, but that seems to be more of a quick reaction just to get someone into camp so they can continue to work on special teams, I don't see him being the punter for the Steelers when they break camp. Hopefully they have Drago in for a tryout.

BisManBison
07-30-2008, 02:32 PM
I just wrote the same thing on a PS fan cite!

Link to the site?

Bisontug
07-30-2008, 04:09 PM
How does my "Drago to the Steelers" thread get hijacked by a bunch of Donkies fans :D?

I see the Steelers have already signed another punter, but that seems to be more of a quick reaction just to get someone into camp so they can continue to work on special teams, I don't see him being the punter for the Steelers when they break camp. Hopefully they have Drago in for a tryout.

BisManBison... you are awesome !!! Thanks for referring to Denver as the Donkeys !!! Anyways, wherever Drago lands, he will be great... hoping anywhere but Donkey-land :banghead: Would the punt ever land if he kicked in Denver though ?? :confused:

tcbison
07-30-2008, 04:14 PM
I just hope that Drago's agent is doing his job. As an outsider I am surprised he isn't in a camp somewhere.

lakesbison
07-30-2008, 04:58 PM
I talked to Drago twice in the past two weeks out and about. He seems to be happy with everything, and just living it out and waitin for his shot.

There isn't much he can do personally in regards to contacting teams, etc. so I can imagine that is frustrating more than anything..

he checks this site out alot, so everyone say HI and GOOD LUCK DRAGO!!

tcbison
07-30-2008, 05:02 PM
Best of luck Drago! Patience is a virtue.

MAKBison
07-30-2008, 11:25 PM

The Steelers traditionally have two punters in camp, this year the chose to only have one. Yes, they signed a new punter, but he does not hold, as Spelveda did and the new guy has bounced around the league. I really hope Drago gets a tryout…..one word of advice for him if he does…..do not go into the burg and karaoke a like a virgin!:D :D :D

John2010
07-31-2008, 03:52 AM
i'd like to see drago in the burgh for a year i suppose, but i like sepulveda too much to keep drago there long term

NDFAN2
08-05-2008, 05:11 PM
Drago on KFAN 740 today 8/5/08 in near future....

TheDoctor
08-05-2008, 06:02 PM
Drago on KFAN 740 today 8/5/08 in near future....

What did they have to say? Was it an "announcement" or a just "what's up?" conversation with the FAN? ;)

SlickVic
08-05-2008, 06:24 PM
What did they have to say? Was it an "announcement" or a just "what's up?" conversation with the FAN? ;)

it was just a whats up with brian shaw from ch 11...shaw and that other fool were giggling like a bunch of school girls after every comment drago made my oh my was that annoying...drago said to punt in the nfl u basically have to pin point the ball into a trash can type target and that he's working with a special teams coach on a few little new tweaks and hes got a new technique...basically said dont look for him on any rosters this year

Trim
08-05-2008, 06:27 PM
it was just a whats up with brian shaw from ch 11...shaw and that other fool were giggling like a bunch of school girls after every comment drago made my oh my was that annoying...drago said to punt in the nfl u basically have to pin point the ball into a trash can type target and that he's working with a special teams coach on a few little new tweaks and hes got a new technique...basically said dont look for him on any rosters this year

Just when you think it can't get any worse than Hammertime, old Shawn comes along. Yet for some strange reason, I can't turn it off. No doubt about it... maple bats...

NDFAN2
08-05-2008, 08:33 PM
The conversation was pretty much what Slick said. No major (or minor) announcements. He's working on his punting.

Seems the guest hosts were smitten with him even before he said a word.

SlickVic
08-05-2008, 09:03 PM
this is off topic and i may be out of the loop but who is tank macnamara? he hosted the hammer show monday and honestly he did a really good job maybe might have been that he was live at the bison media days but trim daddy got me hooked on hammer time i think that fools hillarious some of the stuff he says and the way he says it...like trim daddy was saying shaw is just brutal...hes filled in few times over the last month and my oh my its like listening to a 12 year old talk abot sports and then his little side kick sirhinn speaks his mind and its like 2 5th graders the topics and comments they make...he was pretty funny on kvly last night when he showed the clip of brewster talking about the gophers being better he was like we'll see hahaha but still that guys really annoying to listen to

imabison
08-05-2008, 10:27 PM
this is off topic and i may be out of the loop but who is tank macnamara? he hosted the hammer show monday and honestly he did a really good job maybe might have been that he was live at the bison media days but trim daddy got me hooked on hammer time i think that fools hillarious some of the stuff he says and the way he says it...like trim daddy was saying shaw is just brutal...hes filled in few times over the last month and my oh my its like listening to a 12 year old talk abot sports and then his little side kick sirhinn speaks his mind and its like 2 5th graders the topics and comments they make...he was pretty funny on kvly last night when he showed the clip of brewster talking about the gophers being better he was like we'll see hahaha but still that guys really annoying to listen to
Tank is Eddy Schultzs sidekick over at KFGO. Up North Fan at heart, but I would think he does a good job.

NDFAN2
08-06-2008, 12:36 AM
I'd say Tank used to be Big Eddie's side kick. Seems he has a new left wing group to hang with these days.

TheDoctor
08-06-2008, 12:39 AM

Pretty sure he used to post on here. Can't remember what his name was, but he was posing as a Bison fan, when he is most definitely a Sue fan. ;)

87Bisonfan
08-06-2008, 05:58 AM
Didn't Tank play football for the Firetrucks? I seem to remember Tank joining in with Eddy in bashing the Bison for moving up to D1.

sambini
08-06-2008, 08:59 AM
I heard he played for Hillsboro Burros? He is the sideline reporter for the Firetrucks.

sambini
08-06-2008, 09:01 AM
Get this topic back on thread Drago is not going to the Steelers. He is working for Budweiser part time doing promotional work. And he does it very well also+++

RedRiver
08-06-2008, 01:15 PM
Didn't Tank play football for the Firetrucks? I seem to remember Tank joining in with Eddy in bashing the Bison for moving up to D1.

Tank said alot of bad things about NDSU on the air, especially during Ed's show on KFGO a few years back.

NDFAN2
08-06-2008, 01:30 PM
Tank said alot of bad things about NDSU on the air, especially during Ed's show on KFGO a few years back.

But he did a pretty good job of guest hosting on Monday. I have just recently been changed over to 740 during that time.

lakesbison
08-06-2008, 03:10 PM
Drago is working with budweiser and will be at WEfest .. everyone go say HI to him.... We all wish he was in a training camp somewhere......!!!!

Mr. Burgundy
08-06-2008, 03:52 PM
Tank is a DIEHARD UND FAN!!! PERIOD. I guarantee it hurts him to interview the Bison. Hammer wants to be a part of the Bison stuff in the worst way, as he knows NDSU is the biggest show in the area. Tank is a UND lifer. You can trust me on that.

Good Luck Drago!!

4mcruenomore
08-12-2008, 02:26 AM
Anybody see the punter from the Packers tonight shank a few? Holy, maybe he will get cut.

NorthernBison
08-12-2008, 02:31 AM
Anybody see the punter from the Packers tonight shank a few? Holy, maybe he will get cut.

I thought about that right away. What a poor showing.

NDSUFan_Sav
08-12-2008, 02:36 AM

yeah he's not doing to well, but i don't like the packers don't really want to cheer for them :(

But I guess if they do bad he'll get a lot of punts, so that could be good.

MAKBison
08-12-2008, 02:46 AM
:nod:
yeah he's not doing to well, but i don't like the packers don't really want to cheer for them

But I guess if they do bad he'll get a lot of punts, so that could be good.

Steelers brought in another punter, 36 year old Micth Berger. Mitch has punted for six NFL teams in his 13-year career. Seems like they are not happy with Paul Ernster.
:banghead: !!!!!still hoping to see Drago in black and Gold!!!!!:banghead:

Tatanka
08-12-2008, 02:49 AM
Steelers brought in another punter, 36 year old Micth Berger. Mitch has punted for six NFL teams in his 13-year career. Seems like they are not happy with Paul Ernster
:eeek:

Bitch Merger is still playing???????????????

MAKBison
08-12-2008, 02:50 AM
Guess so he is in camp reported today!

MAKBison
08-12-2008, 02:52 AM
I a not a football expert by any rate, but Drago has got to be better than MB right?

4mcruenomore
08-12-2008, 02:52 AM
I want to say when I watched Tampa the other day, their punter averaged 33 yards per punt? Both punters in those games looked bad too, there just really has to be a chance for our boy. I can't even believe it.

MAKBison
08-12-2008, 02:56 AM
Is he actively trying to find a place to play?
I know from someone who never had a chance this sounds like a dumb question but….I don’t know Drago other than from SAT and youtube.

WRSDBison
08-12-2008, 03:10 AM
I had an opportunity to talk to him at WEFest. He was punting barefoot (he was wearing sandals and took them off) on Saturday night in the campground. He wasn't putting all his efforts into it as there really wasn't a lot of room but he still was putting them about 30 yards and solid spirals, also drew quite the crowd during his exhibition. He also said he is hoping to catch on with a team.

And for those who care, and nobody should really be surprised, he was rocking some zubaz. Pretty stylish I must say.

Jdubs21
08-12-2008, 03:29 AM
haha that doesnt suprise me, but he's always good for a laugh, my all time fav drago moment was last year when he had the ice pack on his shoulder after completing the pass on that fake punt last year HAHAHAHAHA!

NDSUFan_Sav
08-12-2008, 03:32 AM
Is he actively trying to find a place to play?
I know from someone who never had a chance this sounds like a dumb question but….I don’t know Drago other than from SAT and youtube.

I know he's working with someone on his form and punting skills to get even better, he said the small things actually make a big difference. So, i'm not sure if he's waiting for another year or if he's trying asap.

lakesbison
08-12-2008, 01:49 PM
Drago was hilarious when he hung with us at wefest.... kept talkin in an eastern european accent when introducing and pronouncing his name to people... ha ha.. yes zubaz were out and his gangsta silver chain.. and shaved head of course..

rock on drago!!! now get into a TRAINING CAMP!!!

BisonCardinal
08-24-2008, 08:55 PM
Bump. Has anybody heard anything on Drago? I can't believe NFL teams are passing on the chance to sign the second coming of Ray Guy.

roadwarrior
08-24-2008, 08:58 PM
Drago has been in working in Fargo recently I believe.

NDSU1980
08-24-2008, 10:25 PM
Drago was on The Titan Sports show yesterday. Said he was just sitting back and waiting for the season to progress and see what happens. Didn't seem to be in a panic mode. Said punters often go into their 40's, so he felt he had a long career ahead of him yet. He mentioned he had a tryout with some other team, don't remember who and just said things didn't go as good as he would have liked. He felt his time will come. Hope so.

tjbison
08-24-2008, 10:39 PM

ND NBC should get him as a sideline reporter!!!!:D

TheDoctor
08-24-2008, 11:04 PM
Maybe he should have been showing scouts how he could put the ball out of bounds inside the 5 instead of setting distance records by booting the ball out of the back of the endzone every chance he got at the two All-Star games he played in. ;)

sambini
08-25-2008, 02:52 AM
He does promo work for us at Budweiser.

lakesbison
08-25-2008, 02:56 AM
HE'LL HAVE A NEW JOB LATER THIS WEEK...... if it happens....NO.. NOT PUNTING EITHER...

WRSDBison
08-25-2008, 03:10 PM
HE'LL HAVE A NEW JOB LATER THIS WEEK...... if it happens....NO.. NOT PUNTING EITHER...

Really? If it happens? WOW!!! Way to leave the door wide open there. That's like saying "NDSU will score on this play, or we won't". Well, gee, you're right. Either he will have a new job or he won't. Solid evaluation, man.

TransAmBison
08-25-2008, 04:23 PM
Really? If it happens? WOW!!! Way to leave the door wide open there. That's like saying "NDSU will score on this play, or we won't". Well, gee, you're right. Either he will have a new job or he won't. Solid evaluation, man.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: