PDA

View Full Version : Official 2008 Predictions

NDSUstudent
07-25-2008, 03:32 AM
Lately, I've been thinking about how the 2008 season might play out and here is my prediction.

10-1 with a loss to YSU, I think we beat Wyoming in a squeaker but fall on the back end of tough two game road swing in Youngstown. We come back home and win two tough games against SIU and WIU, setting the tone for the rest of the season.

90BISON
07-25-2008, 04:20 AM
I'm going to go 10-1 also pre-playoffs, only with a loss @ UNI or Wyoming. I'll predict that SIU is the only close game at home. I'll go out on a limb (slightly) and say we score 80+ points total in the first two home games combined.:D We'll beat SDSU in the dome by no less than 14 to avenge for last years..............whatever that was last year.

CaBisonFan
07-25-2008, 05:04 AM
I'm going to go 10-1 also pre-playoffs, only with a loss @ UNI or Wyoming. I'll predict that SIU is the only close game at home. I'll go out on a limb (slightly) and say we score 80+ points total in the first two home games combined.:D We'll beat SDSU in the dome by no less than 14 to avenge for last years..............whatever that was last year.

If we win all of our games we'll go undefeated.

But it's not a question of if. :bow:

HerdBot
07-25-2008, 06:03 AM
Lately, I've been thinking about how the 2008 season might play out and here is my prediction.

10-1 with a loss to YSU, I think we beat Wyoming in a squeaker but fall on the back end of tough two game road swing in Youngstown. We come back home and win two tough games against SIU and WIU, setting the tone for the rest of the season.

9-2 or 8-3 is realistic. It's not a long shot to think we could go 7-3 or 6-5. This schedule is much tougher than last year. We could potentially lose to Youngstown, Wyoming, and Northern Iowa on the road.

Home games.... Southern Illinois is a great team. SDSU is a rivalry game. Last year, Western Illinois would have been one of the toughest home games we played.

CaBisonFan
07-25-2008, 07:39 AM
9-2 or 8-3 is realistic. It's not a long shot to think we could go 7-3 or 6-5. This schedule is much tougher than last year. We could potentially lose to Youngstown, Wyoming, and Northern Iowa on the road.

Home games.... Southern Illinois is a great team. SDSU is a rivalry game. Last year, Western Illinois would have been one of the toughest home games we played.

Won't happen. Realistic isn't realistic.

You could be right about the tougher schedule...but the Bison defense is finally ready to become a dominant force. We haven't had that in a long time.

We have depth that we wouldn't have dreamed of in the past years. The table has been set.

If we lose more than one...it will be an upset. One of the teams that you mentioned will likely beat us...but that's all. We're going to take Southern Illinois to football school. UNI will be a great game. We'll win a close one. We'll beat Wyoming much like we did CMU.

If there is a loss...it will likely come from an unexpected team.

Avenging last year's loss will be on the minds of every player. We'll save one of our 'A' games for that.

3-5 losses simply won't happen.

We will finish in the top five rankings again...tie for the conference...and make a serious playoff run.

Write it down.

Gully
07-25-2008, 10:25 AM
9-2 is my prediction. Remember that even though we only lost two games over the last two years there were a few others we easily could have lost (Cal Poly, UC Davis, Ball State, SHSU). Wyoming on the road will be tough, YSU will tough, and I'm also a little worried about SIU although we're pretty tough to beat in the FFD.

Should make the playoffs.

SirHinn
07-25-2008, 11:16 AM
Won't happen. Realistic isn't realistic.

You could be right about the tougher schedule...but the Bison defense is finally ready to become a dominant force. We haven't had that in a long time.

We have depth that we wouldn't have dreamed of in the past years. The table has been set.

If we lose more than one...it will be an upset. One of the teams that you mentioned will likely beat us...but that's all. We're going to take Southern Illinois to football school. UNI will be a great game. We'll win a close one. We'll beat Wyoming much like we did CMU.

If there is a loss...it will likely come from an unexpected team.

Avenging last year's loss will be on the minds of every player. We'll save one of our 'A' games for that.

3-5 losses simply won't happen.

We will finish in the top five rankings again...tie for the conference...and make a serious playoff run.

Write it down.

What about depth at QB? What if Nick Mertens goes down?

Bison bison
07-25-2008, 01:22 PM
stay healthy, play well, win the squeakers - 9/2 or 8/3

injuries, mistakes, lose the squeakers 7-4

gotta win at home, gotta win the 'gimmies'

d3boys
07-25-2008, 01:29 PM
lose a couple along the way
make the playoffs
then dont lose
win it all baby

bisonmike2
07-25-2008, 02:21 PM
3 losses. By who? Not sure it could be anyone, this schedule is a murderer. My goal, as with any Bison fan is for them to win the championship. Of course I want that to happen every year. But if I were to have a lowered set of expectations I would hope that they at least make the playoffs, host a playoff game and make it into the 2nd round.

Bison bison
07-25-2008, 03:08 PM
Class (needed wins +/- 1)

Gimmies? (3)
Austin Peay (H)
Central Conn (H)
Indiana State

Gotta win (2)
Illinois State
Missouri State

Should win (2)
South Dakota State (H)
Southern Illinois (H)
Western Illinois (H)

Tough (1)
Wyoming (A)
Youngstown State (A)
Northern Iowa (A)

GradBison
07-25-2008, 03:13 PM

Gimmies? (3)
Austin Peay (H)
Central Conn (H)
Indiana State

Gotta win (2)
Illinois State
Missouri State

Should win (2)
South Dakota State (H)
Southern Illinois (H)
Western Illinois (H)

Tough (1)
Wyoming (A)
Youngstown State (A)
Northern Iowa (A)

I'd say that's a very fair analysis and exactly as I see it.. 3 losses max, not any more. We should still be playoff bound with that. :hungry:

CarringtonBison
07-25-2008, 03:21 PM
I am going to go with 9-2 with a trip to the NC game. Whether we win or not I will not say, but I think we have the talent to take it that far. Too many tough games all year (esp. on the road) to not drop one. I am hoping for 14-0; who knows-I would not at all be surprised with that.

MN_BISON
07-25-2008, 03:21 PM
Here are my predictions for the upcoming season:

1. I predict I'll drink a lot of beer in the west lot for the the games i make it to this year.

2. I predict I'll drink a lot of beer in front of my computer this year watching the games on gobison.com

3. I predict I will have one hell of a time in Laramie.

4. I predict the Fargodome will host a playoff game this year and at which point I will freeze my azz off in the west lot and drink even more beer and probably a little something else to keep me warm.

5. I predict TransAm will have the bong (beer) flowing again this year and it will again kick my ass, but I won't back down and I'll give it the old college try.

lakesbison
07-25-2008, 03:23 PM
INTRODUCING YOUR 2008 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!

the UNDEFEATED NORTH DAKOTA STATE UNIVERSITY BISON!!!

onbison09
07-25-2008, 05:22 PM
I see 7 wins for sure. AP, CCSU, WIU, SIU Ill state, Indiana State, Missouri State. At least 4 of those are probable wins. 2 maybes, WYO (probably a loss), Jacks (rivalry games are always tough) and 2 losses, YSU and UNI. For a record of 8-3. And a playoff appearance. But of course those are subject to change as the season progresses with injuries, etc. And also I probably don't know what the hell I am talking about.

fargocyclone
07-25-2008, 05:26 PM

Gimmies? (3)
Austin Peay (H)
Central Conn (H)
Indiana State

Gotta win (2)
Illinois State
Missouri State

Should win (2)
South Dakota State (H)
Southern Illinois (H)
Western Illinois (H)

Tough (1)
Wyoming (A)
Youngstown State (A)
Northern Iowa (A)

Agree totally with NDB2. We lose a squeaker and go 9-2, but make it to the NC game.

aces1180
07-25-2008, 05:28 PM
I see 7 wins for sure. AP, CCSU, WIU, SIU Ill state, Indiana State, Missouri State. At least 4 of those are probable wins. 2 maybes, WYO (probably a loss), Jacks (rivalry games are always tough) and 2 losses, YSU and UNI. For a record of 8-3. And a playoff appearance. But of course those are subject to change as the season progresses with injuries, etc. And also I probably don't know what the hell I am talking about.

We won't lose to SDSU in Fargo...It hasn't happened since 1962* and it won't happen in 2008. ;)

OldBison
07-25-2008, 06:29 PM
the Bison defense is finally ready to become a dominant force. We haven't had that in a long time.

Gee, I didn't realize that 2006 qualified as a "long time" ago. That D only gave up 13.8 pts/game and teams averaged less than 100 yds rushing. I doubt like hell the 2008 version can be a whole lot more dominant than that.

With that said, Bison 8-3 with losses to WY, UNI and SIU.

Bison bison
07-25-2008, 06:38 PM
We lose homecoming to Lennon!

Get outahere!!!!

ndsubison1
07-25-2008, 08:23 PM
9-2 with losses to YSU and UNI. 2 playoff home wins and make the semi's. no idea what we do after that

SDbison
07-25-2008, 09:06 PM
Here are my predictions for the upcoming season:

1. I predict I'll drink a lot of beer in the west lot for the the games i make it to this year.

2. I predict I'll drink a lot of beer in front of my computer this year watching the games on gobison.com

3. I predict I will have one hell of a time in Laramie.

4. I predict the Fargodome will host a playoff game this year and at which point I will freeze my azz off in the west lot and drink even more beer and probably a little something else to keep me warm.

5. I predict TransAm will have the bong (beer) flowing again this year and it will again kick my ass, but I won't back down and I'll give it the old college try.
I predict the Bison kick a$$ and go 10-1 again.
I also predict if TransAm does not bring out the beer bong I will bring my own and it will have a larger capacity!
Another prediction, many jagbombs will be consumed and TransAm will appreciate my long pour on the jag!
Finally, I predict (hope) that I will not lose patience with the multitudes of loser fans in the dome (who do not get up and /or cheer) and keep out of trouble with the F'ing dome Nazis.

MN_BISON
07-25-2008, 09:15 PM
I predict the Bison kick a$$ and go 10-1 again.
I also predict if TransAm does not bring out the beer bong I will bring my own and it will have a larger capacity!
Another prediction, many jagbombs will be consumed and TransAm will appreciate my long pour on the jag!
Finally, I predict (hope) that I will not lose patience with the multitudes of loser fans in the dome (who do not get up and /or cheer) and keep out of trouble with the F'ing dome Nazis.

I predict I'll be shooting Jagbombs with SD and taking a few pulls off the XL bong (beer). Damn I can't wait!

I love the smell of jagbombs in the morning. The smell, you know that smell, smelled like... victory.

http://www.siue.edu/~ejoy/ApocalypseKilgore1.jpg

onbison09
07-25-2008, 09:17 PM
We won't lose to SDSU in Fargo...It hasn't happened since 1962* and it won't happen in 2008. ;)
Well we do seem to choke in rivalry games. I didn't say we would lose I just said it's a maybe b/c IMO rivalries are always maybes.

BisoninNWMN
07-25-2008, 11:55 PM
My heart says 11-0 regular season with a 4-0 playoff with a National Championship. Wyo, UNI & YSU: might lose 1 or 2...not all 3. 6-0 at home....SIU and SDSU will be no closer than 2 tds. 9-2 or 10-1 with at least 2 playoff home games and a serious run at the NC. My 2$:D :D

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
07-26-2008, 01:30 AM

Gimmies? (3)
Austin Peay (H)
Central Conn (H)
Indiana State

Gotta win (2)
Illinois State
Missouri State

Should win (2)
South Dakota State (H)
Southern Illinois (H)
Western Illinois (H)

Tough (1)
Wyoming (A)
Youngstown State (A)
Northern Iowa (A)

I think we are all vastly underestimating Western Illinois. They played a tough physical style of football that really put the hurt on us last year. We were more banged up after that game than any all season. They lost very few seniors to graduation, so they should have a lot of returning starters. I see Western Ill. and N. Iowa as the teams to beat for the conference title.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
07-26-2008, 01:33 AM
Gee, I didn't realize that 2006 qualified as a "long time" ago. That D only gave up 13.8 pts/game and teams averaged less than 100 yds rushing. I doubt like hell the 2008 version can be a whole lot more dominant than that.

With that said, Bison 8-3 with losses to WY, UNI and SIU.

Southern Ill. won't be that tough this year. Heavy graduation and a new coaching staff. They'll be in the middle of the conference. Western ILL. is the sleaper team to watch.

stevdock
07-26-2008, 02:23 AM
3-7. We win the first two and then going for the win against Wyoming, Mertens gets hurt, season ender. We become a run only team and can't get 8/9 out of the box. The only team we beat the rest of the season, is ISU. This is a very real possibility, and without any back up quarterback could become reality.

I don't think that is going to happen but I think a more realistic record is 8-3. Wyoming tough place to play and is starts off a very tough stretch against YSU, SIU, and WIU. 4 nasty games that will probably decide the conference and that isn't even counting UNI or SDSU. By far the toughest schedule we have played that I remember.

TheBisonator
07-26-2008, 04:25 AM
We will beat:

Austin Peay
Central Connecticut State
Western Illinois
Illinois State
Indiana State
Missouri State
South Dakota State

We will beat two of the following teams and lose to the other two:

Wyoming
Youngstown State
Southern Illinois
Northern Iowa

9-2 and a first round playoff victory over Eastern Illinois at the FFD and I have no idea what happens after that.

Jdubs21
07-26-2008, 06:45 AM
10-1 with our loss to uni

TransAmBison
07-26-2008, 01:59 PM
I'll go with 10-3. I will not name the losses, they always seem to surprise me. I'm also counting the whole season. A win in the first round of the playoffs at home followed by a loss in the second round.

As for the previous predictions by MN_BISON and SDBison...I hope to survive their predictions that involve me. And yes, I do appreciate SDBison's "long pour."

Bison bison
07-26-2008, 02:17 PM
I think we are all vastly underestimating Western Illinois. They played a tough physical style of football that really put the hurt on us last year. We were more banged up after that game than any all season. They lost very few seniors to graduation, so they should have a lot of returning starters. I see Western Ill. and N. Iowa as the teams to beat for the conference title.

not at all. the leathernecks will be good this year, not much better than last years (which was certainly good). Herb Donaldson is a senior. The O-line should be in 'good' shape.

This game is at home that's what puts it more in the win category than UNI, YSU, or Wyoming.

Gully
07-26-2008, 02:22 PM
Let's say we finish 8-3 with losses at Wyoming, Northern Iowa, and Youngstown State. Is that good enough to make the playoffs?

BisonNeil
07-26-2008, 02:38 PM
Southern Ill. won't be that tough this year. Heavy graduation and a new coaching staff. They'll be in the middle of the conference. Western ILL. is the sleaper team to watch.

Don't underestimate Dale Lennon, he's a hell of a coach. They will be much better than you suspect.

BisonNeil
07-26-2008, 02:40 PM

Agreed! Very happy this is in the dome, which is a tough place to play the first time a team experiences it. The air tends to suck the life out of players in the 2nd half when they don't know what to expect. I suspect dehydration but don't really know.

X-Factor
07-26-2008, 03:20 PM
1-10. Mertens gets hurt and since he is basically the only important player on the team the Bison can't recover and tank the whole season because I highly doubt Coach Bohl recruits well enough to have a decent backup QB on the roster. Besides, our running game and Big Ten caliber offensive line just isn't quite good enough to pick up any slack for a QB that isn't of NFL caliber because after all we are playing hella good defenses like Indiana State and Missouri State. I think we should just take a page out of Bison Tradition and bow down to our compitition before the games so none of our players get hurt. After all, we would probably lose anyway because we don't have a QB with experience or a middle linebacker that will play for the Philidelphia Eagles some day. Obviously without either of those two we can't pass the ball and we can't stop the run so lets just throw in the towel and quite while we are ahead.

SDbison
07-26-2008, 04:14 PM
1-10. Mertens gets hurt and since he is basically the only important player on the team the Bison can't recover and tank the whole season because I highly doubt Coach Bohl recruits well enough to have a decent backup QB on the roster. Besides, our running game and Big Ten caliber offensive line just isn't quite good enough to pick up any slack for a QB that isn't of NFL caliber because after all we are playing hella good defenses like Indiana State and Missouri State. I think we should just take a page out of Bison Tradition and bow down to our compitition before the games so none of our players get hurt. After all, we would probably lose anyway because we don't have a QB with experience or a middle linebacker that will play for the Philidelphia Eagles some day. Obviously without either of those two we can't pass the ball and we can't stop the run so lets just throw in the towel and quite while we are ahead.
OK, with all the negativity (geez the glass must be damn near empty) I am revising my prediction of 10-1 and going out on a limb to predict 11-0. I think Bison fans are too critical and /or don't want to admit how great of a program we have in Fargo. Realistically, there are only 3 games that the Bison could lose. All are on the road (Wyoming, UNI & Youngstown). If you look at how the coaches have been building up the team (personnel and confidence) there will be an adequate game plan to win all of these. BTW, the Bunnies get the crap knocked out of them this year (NDSU wins by 3 TD). Their fans think SDSU is at our level already which is a bunch of BS. Mark it down, the Bison will be in the 2008 FCS championship game.
NOTE: I was at the Dark Knight movie last night and while leaving the bathroom saw a cocky SDSU fan enter wearing a "Buck the Fison" shirt. My wife had to pull me away to keep me from sticking around to let this guy know what I thought of the jackasses!

Bisonguy
07-26-2008, 04:20 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

tjbison
07-26-2008, 04:30 PM
OK, with all the negativity (geez the glass must be damn near empty) I am revising my prediction of 10-1 and going out on a limb to predict 11-0. I think Bison fans are too critical and /or don't want to admit how great of a program we have in Fargo. Realistically, there are only 3 games that the Bison could lose. All are on the road (Wyoming, UNI & Youngstown). If you look at how the coaches have been building up the team (personnel and confidence) there will be an adequate game plan to win all of these. BTW, the Bunnies get the crap knocked out of them this year (NDSU wins by 3 TD). Their fans think SDSU is at our level already which is a bunch of BS. Mark it down, the Bison will be in the 2008 FCS championship game.
NOTE: I was at the Dark Knight movie last night and while leaving the bathroom saw a cocky SDSU fan enter wearing a "Buck the Fison" shirt. My wife had to pull me away to keep me from sticking around to let this guy know what I thought of the jackasses!

Aw, BUCK THE FUNNIES!!

stevdock
07-31-2008, 05:56 PM
Realistically, there are only 3 games that the Bison could lose. All are on the road (Wyoming, UNI & Youngstown).

So there is no chance that we could lose to good teams like Southern Illinois, Western Illinois, or SDSU? I know all 3 are at home but those are definitely not any gimmie games.

bisonmike2
07-31-2008, 05:59 PM
Let's say we finish 8-3 with losses at Wyoming, Northern Iowa, and Youngstown State. Is that good enough to make the playoffs?

I would think so especially with the buzz around our conference being the toughest in FCS. There's a possibility that 8-3 with losses at Wyo, NI and Youngstown would be good enough to still win the conference.

Bison Dan
07-31-2008, 05:59 PM
So there is no chance that we could lose to good teams like Southern Illinois, Western Illinois, or SDSU? I know all 3 are at home but those are definitely not any gimmie games.

Your right no gimmie there but with this team we should win at home. But like they say "any given Saturday".

KC Bison
07-31-2008, 06:14 PM
Its always scary to assume, but we should be win our 6 home games (SIU, WIU, SDSU will be tough) and then hopefully win 2 or 3 road games for an 8-3/9-2 record (I won't let them lose at Missouri State).

GOB1SON
07-31-2008, 06:31 PM
OK here are my uneducated guesses (and remember this is just in fun!)

Austen Peay - 31-17 W
Out of the gate, running game looks good, Mertens throws for 150 and two TD's, defense struggles a bit initially but turns it on in the second half.

CCS - 28-10 W
Offense runs ball control, defense is great. Bison give up lone touchdown on special teams or long pass play. Tyler is Offensive Player of the Week in FCS.

WYOMING!!! 28-24 W
Offense controls the ball well, Roehl hammers the interior of their defense (the strength) and Patty springs a long one and needs oxygen afterward. Defense gets winded but turns it over a couple of times to deny the Cowboys. Joe Glenn resigns the following week.

Youngstown State 31-28 W
Sluggish start after traveling to Laramie and a hard fought win, but Mertens starts to shine with his best game of the year to this point. Defense is a little gassed after Wyoming, but takes advantage of a couple of late mistakes to let the offense pull this one out in the end.

Southern Illinois 38-21 W
Home, in front of a sold out Homecoming crowd, Tyler Roehl struts for 200+ and Patty adds another 100 as the Bison play their best game of the year. Coach Lennon is gracious in defeat, as always.

Western Illinois 35-21 W
Toughest game of the year for the Bison after the big win against SIU. Offense is not sharp and WIU has big game on the ground, but Bison get a big kick return to pull this one out in the end in front of the sold out home crowd.

UNI 24-31 L
In Cedar Falls, the previously undefeated and #1 ranked Bison lose their lone MVFC game against the Panthers. Mertens gets hit hard early and the offense struggles.

Illinois State 48-7 W
The Bison bounce back and trounce the Redbirds. Offense rolls up over 500 total yds and the defense decides it has something to prove.

Indiana State 55-0 W
It's Indiana State.

Missouri State 42-7 W
Things are clicking. Mertens is confident, running game is bruising and the OL has their best rotation going all season. Defense has gelled with the secondary really starting to turn it on.

SDSU 55-27 W
NDSU avenges last year in a big way, returning two kicks for touchdowns and blocking two punts deep in Wabbit territory.

Final Regular Season Tally 10-1
Conference Record 7-1 tied with Youngstown (who beats UNI at home) and UNI.

Guess I need to find something else to do now!

bisonmike2
07-31-2008, 07:00 PM
OK here are my uneducated guesses (and remember this is just in fun!)

Austen Peay - 31-17 W
Out of the gate, running game looks good, Mertens throws for 150 and two TD's, defense struggles a bit initially but turns it on in the second half.

CCS - 28-10 W
Offense runs ball control, defense is great. Bison give up lone touchdown on special teams or long pass play. Tyler is Offensive Player of the Week in FCS.

WYOMING!!! 28-24 W
Offense controls the ball well, Roehl hammers the interior of their defense (the strength) and Patty springs a long one and needs oxygen afterward. Defense gets winded but turns it over a couple of times to deny the Cowboys. Joe Glenn resigns the following week.

Youngstown State 31-28 W
Sluggish start after traveling to Laramie and a hard fought win, but Mertens starts to shine with his best game of the year to this point. Defense is a little gassed after Wyoming, but takes advantage of a couple of late mistakes to let the offense pull this one out in the end.

Southern Illinois 38-21 W
Home, in front of a sold out Homecoming crowd, Tyler Roehl struts for 200+ and Patty adds another 100 as the Bison play their best game of the year. Coach Lennon is gracious in defeat, as always.

Western Illinois 35-21 W
Toughest game of the year for the Bison after the big win against SIU. Offense is not sharp and WIU has big game on the ground, but Bison get a big kick return to pull this one out in the end in front of the sold out home crowd.

UNI 24-31 L
In Cedar Falls, the previously undefeated and #1 ranked Bison lose their lone MVFC game against the Panthers. Mertens gets hit hard early and the offense struggles.

Illinois State 48-7 W
The Bison bounce back and trounce the Redbirds. Offense rolls up over 500 total yds and the defense decides it has something to prove.

Indiana State 55-0 W
It's Indiana State.

Missouri State 42-7 W
Things are clicking. Mertens is confident, running game is bruising and the OL has their best rotation going all season. Defense has gelled with the secondary really starting to turn it on.

SDSU 55-27 W
NDSU avenges last year in a big way, returning two kicks for touchdowns and blocking two punts deep in Wabbit territory.

Final Regular Season Tally 10-1
Conference Record 7-1 tied with Youngstown (who beats UNI at home) and UNI.

Guess I need to find something else to do now!

I'm going to say that the earlier games have a better shot of being blow outs than the later games. We seem to jump out of the gate very fast and come back to the pack in the later stages of the season. Plus this schedule will take a toll. I'm hoping that we are playing are best ball of the season at the end but it hasn't always been that way in the past.

Thundering Herd
07-31-2008, 08:57 PM
Wearing new Nike uniforms, the Bison will beat the Sioux at the Metrodome in front of a crowd of 65000.

Love, MplsBison :hide:

J/K 10-1 with a loss to UNI or Youngstown St. Make it to NC and squeak one out!

TH

NDSUFan_Sav
08-01-2008, 08:38 AM

Disappointed at your wife :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Scooter1
08-01-2008, 05:06 PM
Here are my picks... Bison 11-0

Austen Peay - 45-10 W
The Bison may score more than 45 and you will see a lot of substitution on defense in this game. Bison show their depth and backups show they could be starters anywhere else.

CCS - 45-10 W
Write it down...there is no way this team can hang with the Bison talent. The bison will have to be -3 in the turnover department for this one to be close. Defensive line for the Bison is a brick wall in this game.

WYOMING!!! 35-24 W
Yeah, I know that Wyoming is tough to play at home. The reason for the prediction is Bison depth on defense. The Bison finally have enough secondary players that are good to effectively rotate to keep players fresh. Tutaffee, Bussey, Banks, Bowman, Mitchell, Purcell and Colvin are 7 big reasons why this defense will be better than last year.

Youngstown State 35-21 W
Bison shut down Youngstown at home and pull away in the third quarter. Late TD for Youngstown make this one appear closer.

Southern Illinois 33-24 W
Home, in front of a sold out Homecoming crowd, This game will be one of the closest. Southern Illinois has been one of the winningest programs over the past five years. They know how to play in front of as hostile crowd. Salukis keep this one close, Bison runout the clock deep inside Saluki territory.

Western Illinois 45-21 W
Mr. Donaldson has a good game, but it isn't enough to run with the Herd.

UNI 38-27 Win
This is a tough team, and at home they are very tough. However, over the past two seasons the Bison have regained something...they expect to win every week. Bison go upearly and take the crowd out of this one.

Illinois State 48-14 W
Bison to much for the redbirds.

Indiana State 55-0 W
Like stated before...It's Indiana State. Roehl takes the week off and McNorton runs for 175

Missouri State 42-14 W
Roehl is rested and Bison win..the confidence is growing

SDSU 38-17 W
I predict that SDSU will not physically be able to run with the Bison at the Dome. Injuries have the potential to hurt SDSU much more than for NDSU and it shows this year.

mebisonII
08-01-2008, 07:04 PM
Here are my picks... Bison 11-0

Austen Peay - 45-10 W
The Bison may score more than 45 and you will see a lot of substitution on defense in this game. Bison show their depth and backups show they could be starters anywhere else.

CCS - 45-10 W
Write it down...there is no way this team can hang with the Bison talent. The bison will have to be -3 in the turnover department for this one to be close. Defensive line for the Bison is a brick wall in this game.

WYOMING!!! 35-24 W
Yeah, I know that Wyoming is tough to play at home. The reason for the prediction is Bison depth on defense. The Bison finally have enough secondary players that are good to effectively rotate to keep players fresh. Tutaffee, Bussey, Banks, Bowman, Mitchell, Purcell and Colvin are 7 big reasons why this defense will be better than last year.

Youngstown State 35-21 W
Bison shut down Youngstown at home and pull away in the third quarter. Late TD for Youngstown make this one appear closer.

Southern Illinois 33-24 W
Home, in front of a sold out Homecoming crowd, This game will be one of the closest. Southern Illinois has been one of the winningest programs over the past five years. They know how to play in front of as hostile crowd. Salukis keep this one close, Bison runout the clock deep inside Saluki territory.

Western Illinois 45-21 W
Mr. Donaldson has a good game, but it isn't enough to run with the Herd.

UNI 38-27 Win
This is a tough team, and at home they are very tough. However, over the past two seasons the Bison have regained something...they expect to win every week. Bison go upearly and take the crowd out of this one.

Illinois State 48-14 W
Bison to much for the redbirds.

Indiana State 55-0 W
Like stated before...It's Indiana State. Roehl takes the week off and McNorton runs for 175

Missouri State 42-14 W
Roehl is rested and Bison win..the confidence is growing

SDSU 38-17 W
I predict that SDSU will not physically be able to run with the Bison at the Dome. Injuries have the potential to hurt SDSU much more than for NDSU and it shows this year.

Well, at least no one can accuse you of sandbagging! :)

Can't wait to see how it all plays out!

John2010
08-01-2008, 09:16 PM
10-1 and a national championship appearance, not promising a W there, specially if its a team we already beat like UNI or SI or Youngstown.....tough to beat a team twice