PDA

View Full Version : Peter King - SI Story

markerman
07-14-2008, 06:30 PM
In Peter King's MMQB today, he alludes to several states (Oregon, South Dakota, North Dakota) that he has never spent any "appreciable" amount of time in.

I know he's an NFL guy, but let's let him know that if he wants to come to ND, the thing to do is check out a Bison football game!

You can submit questions to his mailbag in the pages of the article...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/07/13/mmqb/1.html

bisonaudit
07-14-2008, 08:31 PM
Does the man play golf?

Probably should hit him with Hawktree, Red Mike and Bully Pulpit too.

Swany
07-14-2008, 09:47 PM
Really, who gives a damn if Peter King has not been to North Dakota.

Swany
07-14-2008, 09:52 PM
Didn't mean to be blunt or short. Whether Peter King has been to N.Dak is completely irrelevant. I think he's a bit preachy and his columns tend to be a bit self aggrandizing. But what sports columnist doesn't think he knows everything? Now, if we're talking Larry King, that's a whole different story. If he hasn't been to N.Dak we should get on that and get him to a Bison game :D

Bison bison
07-15-2008, 01:36 AM
I'm just happy that the greatest man since Napoleon not only visited, but made North Dakota his home. Of course, I'm speaking of non-other-than Mr. Whiskey Bottle himself- Edward Schultz.

Jdubs21
07-15-2008, 02:18 AM
haha ND gets no love...wasnt there someone that came last summer and said we are the "armpit of america"?

BlueBisonRock
07-15-2008, 02:48 AM
haha ND gets no love...wasnt there someone that came last summer and said we are the "armpit of america"?

Someone may have made that statement, but New Jersey will always own that distinction.

imabison
07-15-2008, 03:21 AM
In Peter King's MMQB today, he alludes to several states (Oregon, South Dakota, North Dakota) that he has never spent any "appreciable" amount of time in.

I know he's an NFL guy, but let's let him know that if he wants to come to ND, the thing to do is check out a Bison football game!

You can submit questions to his mailbag in the pages of the article...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/07/13/mmqb/1.html
He should be encouraged to fly into Dickinson, visit the Badlands, stop by Bismarck, and drop his rental car in Fargo after coming to tailgate and watching an Bison football game.

Herd
07-15-2008, 03:42 AM
Gene Taylor, send Peter King a front row ticket for Bison/Jackrabbit football in November, and a ticket to the Summit League championship in March. Tack on a ticket to see the Sioux/Gophers at the Ralph, and Peter Kind will walk away with some appreciation for the Dakotas.

wilson
07-15-2008, 03:57 AM
Someone may have made that statement, but New Jersey will always own that distinction.

Obviously they never went to Bakersfield/Fresno CA