PDA

View Full Version : What will be the breakout offensive position?

Bison101
07-11-2008, 09:36 PM
What postion (offensive only) will be the most dominant or be the breakout "stars"? I think the RBs look tough, but the other guys could become incredibly strong.

Jdubs21
07-12-2008, 12:01 AM
im liking the receiving core this year got more depth there than in recent years, and not to mention a quarterback with a stronger arm

99Bison
07-12-2008, 01:38 AM
Kinda hard to break out when most all have been stars... Thus voted for QB since that seems to be the only breakout opportunity.

Jdubs21
07-12-2008, 03:44 AM
Kinda hard to break out when most all have been stars... Thus voted for QB since that seems to be the only breakout opportunity.

yeah...i think this years offense is gonna be a little more balanced than in past years, where we usually were mainly a run first team, but than again why fix somethin that isnt broke?

Bison"FANatic"
07-12-2008, 03:59 AM
Well here are my thoughts

Our RB's have already broken out so i can't vote for them.
QB is expected to be good and will bring the added dimension of scrabbling more. It will come down to his decision making and accuracy.

Our WR are good enough to keep the opposing D honest and force the opposing safeties to pick their posion come up to stop the run and leave the CB out on a island or stay back and hope the LB's take care of business.

With the added dimension of a running QB with a cannon and the WR's keeping the D honest. I think the TE's will be able to slip out for some very nice first downs and some good yardage. It may not be jaw dropping numbers but I think they will be the break outs on offense and surprise many bison fans this year.

Herd
07-12-2008, 04:14 AM
I expect a lot more yards on the ground from the QB position in 2008. Let's face it, our new QB can flat out run. Lot for him to tuck and go to get some first downs this year.

Jdubs21
07-12-2008, 05:38 AM
well in 47 days we'll find out :)

BisonNeil
07-12-2008, 09:04 AM
I expect a lot more yards on the ground from the QB position in 2008. Let's face it, our new QB can flat out run. Lot for him to tuck and go to get some first downs this year.

I really don't want him to run, only when pocket collapses. Prescribed QB runs are risky in my opinion, which is what I interpret you to be saying. Think Teebow here. What did FL lose when he was hurt, 2-3 games? Mertens on the sideline with an injury flat out scares the hell out of me.

As far as breakout, I guess it is up to the QB, who hasn't played but a few snaps, and three OL. The rest are proven and as has been stated previously can't have breakout seasons.

CaBisonFan
07-12-2008, 02:41 PM
What postion (offensive only) will be the most dominant or be the breakout "stars"? I think the RBs look tough, but the other guys could become incredibly strong.

Mertens...in a big way. :cool:

stevdock
07-13-2008, 12:03 AM
If Mertens isn't, we probably don't go deep in the playoffs. Lots of pressure but I think he can handle it.