PDA

View Full Version : Save Budweiser

sambini
07-11-2008, 05:24 PM
IN BEV an Belgium company has offered 70 dollars a share for AB stock. If you want go to savebudweiser.com and sign the petition. Thanks lets keep it American owned. Thanks this BUDS FOR YOU.+++

bisonmike2
07-11-2008, 05:30 PM
IN BEV an Belgium company has offered 70 dollars a share for AB stock. If you want go to savebudweiser.com and sign the petition. Thanks lets keep it American owned. Thanks this BUDS FOR YOU.+++

I'd love to see Budweiser stay American owned. I have no idea how it's going to turn out but it looks like InBev is willing to over pay to get them and they have a Busch family member on their side. I can see this getting a lot uglier before this is over. I wish I had Bud stock prior to the offer. Shot up from $50 to 65 on the news and I think it's stayed around that.

TransAmBison
07-11-2008, 05:37 PM
Got my signature in!

WYOBISONMAN
07-11-2008, 07:57 PM
Sambini......I am there too.....just signed!

GradBison
07-11-2008, 08:24 PM
If the takeover involves some Belgian beer I'm all for it! :hide:

bisonaudit
07-11-2008, 08:35 PM
Everything has a price and considering BUD was trading at $49 a share a year ago and now the offer has gone to $70...

No one does beer like the Belgians.

sambini
07-11-2008, 08:36 PM
Got my signature in!

Thanks+++++++++++++

sambini
07-11-2008, 08:37 PM
Sambini......I am there too.....just signed!Thanks+++++++++++++++++++

TransAmBison
07-11-2008, 08:45 PM
If the takeover involves some Belgian beer I'm all for it! :hide:
There could be a lot of jobs cut because of it. Definitely not for it.

bisonmike2
07-11-2008, 08:47 PM
Everything has a price and considering BUD was trading at $49 a share a year ago and now the offer has gone to $70...

No one does beer like the Belgians.

que the ted dibiase pic a.k.a the million dollar man . I would but I lost it.

bisonaudit
07-11-2008, 08:59 PM
It's not like they're going to stop making Bud and Bud Lite.

They want to by it because they believe that as the largest beer distributor in the world, they can use their existing network to sell MORE Bud globally. And use Bud's existing network here to sell MORE Stella, Bass, Becks, Labat, and Boddigens (sp?) here.

I'm not going to pretend that there won't some job reductions, there probably will be. They did some of that when the went into South America, but they're not going to take your prescious bear away from you. They're going to share it with the rest of the world.

BlueBisonRock
07-11-2008, 09:03 PM
I signed it for you.

Interesting how this purchase shows the difference between the impact on the shareholder and the stakeholder.

I would guess that the lower value of the dollar is driving this 'opportunity' for IN BEV as much as any other factor.

The best short term solution is for AB to demonstrate how the current leadership can get the stock to the $65 to $70 level with the current executive team. This may be real difficult as the talks are now reported as 'friendly'.

Bloomberg Article (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=akPFHQW5kc90&refer=home)

aces1180
07-11-2008, 09:05 PM
It's not like they're going to stop making Bud and Bud Lite.

They want to by it because they believe that as the largest beer distributor in the world, they can use their existing network to sell MORE Bud globally. And use Bud's existing network here to sell MORE Stella, Bass, Becks, Labat, and Boddigens (sp?) here.

I'm not going to pretend that there won't some job reductions, there probably will be. They did some of that when the went into South America, but they're not going to take your prescious bear away from you. They're going to share it with the rest of the world.

I LOVE Stella!

onbison09
07-11-2008, 09:50 PM
Signed it Sambini and I'm not even old enough to drink Bud!!

Tatanka
07-11-2008, 10:32 PM
There could be a lot of jobs cut because of it. Definitely not for it.
++
I've got family and friends that would not be in a good spot in STL if this happens.

Belgian douchebags.

56BISON73
07-11-2008, 11:11 PM
Signed it Sambini and I'm not even old enough to drink Bud!!

You are always old enough. The legality of those action could come under question though:D . PL

AKBison
07-12-2008, 12:41 AM
I'm not going to pretend that there won't some job reductions, there probably will be. They did some of that when the went into South America, but they're not going to take your prescious bear away from you.....

They Mmay not take your bear away from you but they would love to take away your 2nd ammendment rights. InBev donated a huge chunk of change to help Brazil achieve its nationwide gun ban. It just doesn't seem right as the Busch family has generally been the friend of Sportsman and gun rights. Sorry about bringing the politics into this but it jut irks me off.

The old Busch http://www.bradycampaign.org/media/release.php?release=166

The new Busch http://johnrlott.blogspot.com/2008/06/inbev-taking-over-anheuser-busch.html

Hopefully this doesn't go down...

sambini
07-12-2008, 01:53 AM
I know in St. Louis AB donates a lot of money to local charities. And a lot of people would be affected job wise etc..

1bizon1
07-12-2008, 02:25 AM
I signed too. KEEP BUD AMERICAN!! and the Belgians can keep their money. Sorry Belgians but NO SALE!!!

bisonpride4ever
07-12-2008, 03:23 AM
que the ted dibiase pic a.k.a the million dollar man . I would but I lost it.

got you covered bisonmike

Gully
07-12-2008, 03:11 PM
The purpose of a business is not to "create jobs", the purpose is to maximize profits. Profits are achieved by economically filling customer's demands (wants and needs that they're willing and able to pay for). If companies do this successfully, naturally that will "create jobs".

As for the other protectionist comments, history is not on your side. Free trade and free flow of capital have raised standards of living across the globe.......yes, even for those working in sweat shops. With change there are winners and losers, but net/net the total is better off (otherwise the changes would not occur). The key is to remain nimble in your career so that you don't become a dinosaur/victom of the change, and instead can act on new opportunities and prosper. No one is guaranteed a 35 year career with one company/occupation and a pension with health care until they go to the grave.

No disrespect intended to anyone and sorry for getting political on a football board but since others posted their nationalist and protectionist views, I thought I'd add my two free-market libertarian cents.

56BISON73
07-12-2008, 06:35 PM
When G Heiliman Brewing Co (Old Style and many other brands) was bought out by an Australian Conglomorate the La Crosse area LOST literally thousands of jobs as they shut the brewery down. The product flavor also changed as it was brewed at a different location. PL

Bison_Pride
07-12-2008, 07:54 PM
The solution is simple. Does anyone have an extra $50,000,000,000 laying around?

Look for the richest man in the world, Warren Buffet to put a little distance between himself and Bill Gates this year. His company is the second largest holder of AB stock and it's going sky high. He is said to be supporting the sale.

The Miller brewing company is owned by a South African company, SABMiller (South African Breweries - Miller).

In about 20 years everything will be owned by the Chinese anyway. They have about 1.3 Billion people, and the worlds fastest growing economy. In about another generation of our time you'll probably see classes in Mandarin becoming as popular as Spanish classes in the US. Although most of that growth will be internal, I'd suspect it will spill over to many foreign companies also.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080709/ts_afp/useconomysurveychina

Tatanka
07-13-2008, 01:22 AM
I know in St. Louis AB donates a lot of money to local charities. And a lot of people would be affected job wise etc..
Understatement of the year, followed by sad but true fact. This would be devestating...:smh:

Bisonguy
07-14-2008, 02:20 AM
Sounds like it's a done deal- Source: Anheuser-Busch agrees to InBev buyout (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25663923/)

Tatanka
07-14-2008, 02:56 AM
This is a dark day. :(

:smh:

sambini
07-14-2008, 02:59 AM
Thanks Bisonguy for the link.

bisonranch
07-14-2008, 03:21 AM
I'm all about international competition, but we need to be smarter about it. The US sends about $700 billion (saw it on a political ad) out of the country every year. Japan wouldn't let foreigners take over so many of their largest corporations, look how they're doing. Guess I'll be buying more JD.

bisonmike2
07-14-2008, 03:43 AM
Everybody has a price and apparently Bud's is $70 a share. So I wonder if they will remove all of the "The last major American owned brewery" logos from all of their trucks and equipment.

sambini
07-14-2008, 04:12 AM
They will be coming off our fleet.

WYOBISONMAN
07-14-2008, 12:05 PM
Well........at least Coors is owned by the Canadians.......Guess it will be a Coors Light for me......

lakesbison
07-14-2008, 01:08 PM
what a fu...,.,.. JOKE!

aces1180
07-14-2008, 01:09 PM
Well........at least Coors is owned by the Canadians.......Guess it will be a Coors Light for me......

Actually, Molson and Coors got bought out by Miller-SAB...Sorry, to the bearer of bad news.

bisonmike2
07-14-2008, 02:01 PM
Actually, Molson and Coors got bought out by Miller-SAB...Sorry, to the bearer of bad news.

They are South African I believe. Oh well. I'm not a beer discriminator. I'll drink whatever is tasty.

WYOBISONMAN
07-14-2008, 02:52 PM
They are South African I believe. Oh well. I'm not a beer discriminator. I'll drink whatever is tasty.

Well......Leinies then..........:D

bisonaudit
07-14-2008, 03:19 PM
I'm all about international competition, but we need to be smarter about it. The US sends about $700 billion (saw it on a political ad) out of the country every year. Japan wouldn't let foreigners take over so many of their largest corporations, look how they're doing. Guess I'll be buying more JD.

That's T. Boone Pickens 'Pickens plan' add. I'm not sure if it's political or not. I'm of a mind to call it entrepreneural. I don't think he's endorsed a candidate, could be wrong about that though.

SlickVic
07-14-2008, 03:45 PM
That's T. Boone Pickens 'Pickens plan' add. I'm not sure if it's political or not. I'm of a mind to call it entrepreneural. I don't think he's endorsed a candidate, could be wrong about that though.

T. Boones my boy just got done reading his autobiography hes about as slick as it gets

G-city Bison Fan
07-14-2008, 08:52 PM
Saw a news story that said that Sam Adams is now the largest american owned brewery, not sure in what sense but figured I would share.

TransAmBison
07-15-2008, 12:59 PM
Budweiser commercial came on the radio this morning on the way to work. It stated how Budweiser is the great American Lager, blah, blah, blah. Ughhh. Made me sick to my stomach. Just isn't right.

Bisonguy
07-15-2008, 01:34 PM
Budweiser commercial came on the radio this morning on the way to work. It stated how Budweiser is the great American Lager, blah, blah, blah. Ughhh. Made me sick to my stomach. Just isn't right.

It's still an amercian lager, just like Kirin and Singha are american lagers from other countries.

onbison09
07-15-2008, 05:29 PM
Here's Stephen Colbert's take on it. http://www.comedycentral.com/colbertreport/index.jhtml If you don't laugh at this you don't have a sense of humor.

extremerouge
07-16-2008, 01:02 AM
Here's Stephen Colbert's take on it. http://www.comedycentral.com/colbertreport/index.jhtml If you don't laugh at this you don't have a sense of humor.

haha that's pretty funny...I love our nation!:bong:

aces1180
07-16-2008, 01:10 AM
haha that's pretty funny...I love our nation!:bong:

Lots of Budweiser promotion last night and tonight on the All Star Game coverage...I wonder if they are doing some damage control?

tony
07-16-2008, 09:08 AM
It's not Bud's fault they got bought - it's the weak dollar.