PDA

View Full Version : Does the MVFC have something like SummitTV?

onbison09
07-06-2008, 12:26 AM
Move this if you want but I thought it would get more exposure on here. I saw this on the MVFC site. http://www.mvc-sports.com/liveEvents/liveEvents.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7600 and I saw this on gobison http://www.gobison.com/liveEvents/liveEvents.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&KEY. Am I going to have to pay for both to watch the games? It would be sweet to watch all or most of the MVFC games though. Any help would be appreciated.

Hammersmith
07-06-2008, 12:57 AM
Move this if you want but I thought it would get more exposure on here. I saw this on the MVFC site. http://www.mvc-sports.com/liveEvents/liveEvents.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7600 and I saw this on gobison http://www.gobison.com/liveEvents/liveEvents.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&KEY. Am I going to have to pay for both to watch the games? It would be sweet to watch all or most of the MVFC games though. Any help would be appreciated.

You definitely won't have to pay for both if all you want are Bison football games, but I'm not sure which one you use at this point. If the MVFC handles things like the Summit did last season, then the football games will be pulled from All Access and you'll have to subscribe through MVC TV. If the MVFC doesn't require exclusivity, then it would be your choice which one to choose.

MVC TV would get you all MVFC home games at schools that webcast plus all away games at schools that use the JumpTV webcasting service(probably). On top of that, you would also get all MVC home games and some away games in other sports.

If you choose to subscribe through All Access, you won't get the other MVFC & MVC games, but you'll still get all Bison home games and some away games. You'll also get other Bison sports, but not basketball(you'd need SummitTV for that).

Clear as mud?

If I were you, I'd hold off for now and wait until about one week before the first game. Not only will things probably be clearer, but you should be able to get both the 2008 & 2009 football seasons if you pay for a one-year subscription(they've got a 15 month for the price of 12 deal going - $69.95).

Bisonguy
07-06-2008, 12:58 AM
Yeah, I'd guess it's very similar to Summit TV. Both gobison and the movalley site have JumpTV and CollegeSportsDirect listed.

onbison09
07-07-2008, 03:01 AM
You definitely won't have to pay for both if all you want are Bison football games, but I'm not sure which one you use at this point. If the MVFC handles things like the Summit did last season, then the football games will be pulled from All Access and you'll have to subscribe through MVC TV. If the MVFC doesn't require exclusivity, then it would be your choice which one to choose.

MVC TV would get you all MVFC home games at schools that webcast plus all away games at schools that use the JumpTV webcasting service(probably). On top of that, you would also get all MVC home games and some away games in other sports.

If you choose to subscribe through All Access, you won't get the other MVFC & MVC games, but you'll still get all Bison home games and some away games. You'll also get other Bison sports, but not basketball(you'd need SummitTV for that).

Clear as mud?

If I were you, I'd hold off for now and wait until about one week before the first game. Not only will things probably be clearer, but you should be able to get both the 2008 & 2009 football seasons if you pay for a one-year subscription(they've got a 15 month for the price of 12 deal going - $69.95).
Thanks...I think I'll wait.

Jdubs21
07-07-2008, 11:23 AM
are all games going to be televised?

onbison09
07-07-2008, 06:07 PM
are all games going to be televised?
:praying: At least a couple games on FSN. :praying:

TonkaBison
07-10-2008, 12:38 AM

Clear as mud?

Excellent thanks for the info it was great last year being able to pull down the away games on the net especially the drubbing Central Michigan took. I don't know if any of you checked out the CM chat page after the game but the GVSU Lakers were on there jabbering about how they would kick CM's but too since NDSU was a poor DII team. I don't want to see us play any more DII teams except that one to lay on a pasting!

tjbison
07-10-2008, 12:57 AM
Excellent thanks for the info it was great last year being able to pull down the away games on the net especially the drubbing Central Michigan took. I don't know if any of you checked out the CM chat page after the game but the GVSU Lakers were on there jabbering about how they would kick CM's but too since NDSU was a poor DII team. I don't want to see us play any more DII teams except that one to lay on a pasting!

It wouldn't even be worth it, the cons outweigh the pros:)

Hammersmith
07-10-2008, 04:17 AM
Okay, I did a little more digging and here's what I found out:

Schools that use JumpTV:
NDSU
SDSU
WIU
Indiana St

Schools that use CSTV:
UNI
SIU
Illinois St
(Wyoming)

Schools that don't webcast football:
MSU
YSU

What this means is, if you purchase the MVFC package, you only get the home games from the first group of schools. Since all our away games are from the other two groups, you will have to purchase those games seperately from CSTV or purchase a CSTV package. A combination of a MVFC package and a CSTV package would get you all MVFC home games except MSU's and YSU's.

The pricing of the MVFC package isn't out yet, but the CSTV package will run you $15/month or $120/year. If I remember correctly, single-game fees were around $5-$8 last year.

As you can see, there's no good single answer.

onbison09
07-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Okay, I did a little more digging and here's what I found out:

Schools that use JumpTV:
NDSU
SDSU
WIU
Indiana St

Schools that use CSTV:
UNI
SIU
Illinois St
(Wyoming)

Schools that don't webcast football:
MSU
YSU

What this means is, if you purchase the MVFC package, you only get the home games from the first group of schools. Since all our away games are from the other two groups, you will have to purchase those games seperately from CSTV or purchase a CSTV package. A combination of a MVFC package and a CSTV package would get you all MVFC home games except MSU's and YSU's.

The pricing of the MVFC package isn't out yet, but the CSTV package will run you $15/month or $120/year. If I remember correctly, single-game fees were around $5-$8 last year.

As you can see, there's no good single answer.
Thanks for the info but why don't they just keep it simple??? :banghead: :banghead: