PDA

View Full Version : FCS QB rankings from Coulson

4mcruenomore
06-28-2008, 01:28 AM
Sorry if this is a repost, you gotta look waaaaay down to see us:

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=/cfoot2/news/AGN4160453.htm

Bisonguy
06-28-2008, 03:11 AM
No repost. Thanks for the link!

Bisontug
06-28-2008, 04:04 AM
Hard to believe Rhett Bomar is ranked #8 on that list. I think that is a little low.

HerdBot
06-28-2008, 04:10 AM
Sorry if this is a repost, you gotta look waaaaay down to see us:

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=/cfoot2/news/AGN4160453.htm

I think it's a fair analysis... he's been patiently waiting and he has a better arm, but needs to prove it. Next year he will be high on the list.

jeffdaryl3rd
06-28-2008, 04:28 AM
Rhett Bomar at #8 is pretty ridiculous. I'm not sure what his numbers ended up looking like, but the guy is a stud and his level of polish/arm strength in the passing game is rarely seen in FCS.

NDSUstudent
06-28-2008, 05:05 AM
Bomar tore his ACL last year and he also didn't have that great of a season, I think he is lucky to be in the top 10.

NDSUstudent
06-28-2008, 05:14 AM
No offense to the QB's from Holy Cross and Central Arkansas but I'll take Matt Nichols(EWU), Jonathon Dally(Cal Poly), and Liam Coen(UMASS) over any of them. I don't know if Coulson was going by stats or what but it is hard to argue against what Coen has done in his career or what Dally meant to Cal Poly's offense(prior to last year they were an average offensive team) or how Nichols lead what was thought by most to be an average Big Sky team to the postseason(where they beat top 5 McNeese and competed well against App St).

BisonNeil
06-28-2008, 03:25 PM
Rhett Bomar at #8 is pretty ridiculous. I'm not sure what his numbers ended up looking like, but the guy is a stud and his level of polish/arm strength in the passing game is rarely seen in FCS.

Bomar's injury not withstanding, we had 10 TD and 6 INTs, not impressive.

Let's face it, he may have had a career day against the Bison.

BisonNeil
06-28-2008, 03:28 PM
Coulson's article was nicely done, better than I expected. Here is what caught my eye:

1. Matt Barr, Western Illinois, Sophomore, 6-2, 210

The Leathernecks have almost everything in place to win the Missouri Valley
Conference title, if they can get more production and more consistency from
this young starter. Barr had 1,690 yards of total offense but tossed just
four TD passes to go with six interceptions last year. He had under 100 yards
passing in six games, but rebounded to throw for 484 yards in his last two
against Southern Illinois and Youngstown State.

The Bison's game with them Oct 11 should be a dandy.

X-Factor
06-28-2008, 04:15 PM
Coulson's article was nicely done, better than I expected. Here is what caught my eye:

hahaha, I bet UNI fans would have a good laugh at this. I don't see WIU winning the MV.

BisonNeil
06-28-2008, 04:17 PM
hahaha, I bet UNI fans would have a good laugh at this. I don't see WIU winning the MV.

I don't either. But I really didn't have WIll on my radar as being a really good home game before those comments. Guess I hadn't really thought about it. But if they are loaded, it means we have a great home schedule this year not just a good one (not withstanding Indiana St).

Scooter1
06-28-2008, 05:21 PM

Here, I'll edit this to make it more accurate for Coulson...just replace what is in red with this...

The leathernecks have almost everything in place to win the Missouri Valley Conference title, if they can get more production from every position and get UNI, SIU, YSU, NDSU, and Ill St to bench half of their starters. They need more production from their quarterback who threw more interceptions than TD passes last year, and that is saying something when the oposing defenses were keying on Donaldson, one of the best backs in the FCS.

The Coulson article was well thought out, but there are times when it is painfully clear that this guy is uninformed on any conference outside of the "Colonial" United States. I watched a lot of football, does he honestly expect me to believe that there are 7 guys better than Bomar in the FCS? :confused:

stevdock
06-29-2008, 04:49 AM
I found it interesting that at the bottom of the article he stated the teams with the best QB depth. Wonder where we would fit into that??

DenverBison05
06-29-2008, 05:37 AM
I found it interesting that at the bottom of the article he stated the teams with the best QB depth. Wonder where we would fit into that??

Right now, pretty much at the bottom.