PDA

View Full Version : Jarrett Crittenton - NDSCS

westnodak93bison
06-26-2008, 12:32 PM
Looks like Jarrett could be a really nice addition to our d-line.

http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/206254

Bison bison
06-26-2008, 01:40 PM
can't help but think that joe mays getting drafted doesn't hurt with recruiting Jarrett:

come to NDSU. be an All-American quality stud. finish your college career. Get Paid $$$.

Kermit
06-26-2008, 03:00 PM
Steve Hallstrom had a story about this on WDAY Sports at 10:00 PM last night. You can watch the clip at http://www.wday.com by clicking the 10:00 PM newscast and moving the slider to the 30:29 mark.

He also mentions a JC quarterback prospect from Los Angeles Valley College in California who will be visiting this week: Troy Jackson, 6'2'', 210 lb. His stats were unimpressive, and apparently he played on a poor team.

http://www.lavc.edu/Athletics/football.htm

Bison"FANatic"
06-26-2008, 04:02 PM
http://jcfootball.scout.com/2/709179.html

Here is a little on him if this is the same guy. Looks like they changed offenses in the middle of the season.:smh:

KC Bison
06-26-2008, 04:08 PM
What kind of a football team did you expect from a school (LA Valley College) that has both mens and womens water polo teams. :D

lakesbison
06-26-2008, 04:26 PM
wait... JARRETT runs a 4.6 40 and is 6 6 288 lbs?? IS THAT HUMANLY POSSIBLE!?!?!?!?

That's Jason Taylorish.....

Scooter1
06-26-2008, 04:38 PM
If this happens and we get the NDCSS DE, NDSU just got a whole lot better on the DL.

DE Crittenton 285 / Compton 254 / Boyer 247
DT Fairbairn 293/ Yuen 280
DT Gratzek 283/ Phillips 274 / Danilkowicz 265
DE Larrdinois 262 / Johnson 260 / Stockzynski 237

This lineup could be considerred one of the best DL in all of FCS.

The depth issue when playing teams in the FBS will not be as big an issue on the defense. I see us as effectively being 2 deep at every position on defense with this addition. And, the freshmen (who are very impressive) can get their feet wet in the world of FCS football without the pressure of being thrown right into the fire. This signing of Crittendon (if it happens) may be bigger than the verbal from Yuen, but together...this is a whole new level of talent on the DL. I'm speaking on an overall talent level. Until someone comes in here and then plays 10+ years in the pros, #90 is the benchmark.

ad guy
06-26-2008, 04:45 PM
Would this guy be signing to play in 2008 or 2009?

imabison
06-26-2008, 05:01 PM

I am just wondering if anyone else is thinking the same way on this.

Joe Mayes from NDSU signs with the Eagles, now Crittendon is strongly considering NDSU.

Could there be a corelation, or I am just imaging it.

Just the association is a possibility.

bisonmike2
06-26-2008, 05:06 PM
I am just wondering if anyone else is thinking the same way on this.

Joe Mayes from NDSU signs with the Eagles, now Crittendon is strongly considering NDSU.

Could there be a corelation, or I am just imaging it.

Just the association is a possibility.

I think anytime we get people to sign in the pros it's going to change the way a prospect looks at a program.

Bison bison
06-26-2008, 05:13 PM
If you look at Jarrett's numbers he is definitely a pro prospect.

Mays was too. If he was an inch or two taller he would have been a starter at a BCS school.

Maybe Jarrett likes North Dakota. This North Dakotan certainly likes him.........

(I do want to see him do well in the classroom, of course.)

Can't think that Jarrett has the opportunity to shine at NDSU and be a legitimate first day pick.

SirHinn
06-26-2008, 05:20 PM
If you look at Jarrett's numbers he is definitely a pro prospect.

Mays was too. If he was an inch or two taller he would have been a starter at a BCS school.

Maybe Jarrett likes North Dakota. This North Dakotan certainly likes him.........

(I do want to see him do well in the classroom, of course.)

Can't think that Jarrett has the opportunity to shine at NDSU and be a legitimate first day pick.

I don't buy into the whole if this player was an inch or two taller, he would have been a starter at a bcs school junk. There's been plenty of players who were considered too short and made it to bcs schools. There's definately a lot more to it then that. Jarrett's problems don't seem to be his height, they seem to be a lot of other things.

Bison bison
06-26-2008, 05:23 PM
I don't buy into the whole if this player was an inch or two taller, he would have been a starter at a bcs school junk. There's been plenty of players who were considered too short and made it to bcs schools. There's definately a lot more to it then that.

I didn't say it was the only thing, but measurables matter, otherwise why measure?

jeffdaryl3rd
06-26-2008, 06:21 PM
I love the versatility that big DE's give a team. Move him inside on passing downs and let him wreak some havoc.

BisManBison
06-26-2008, 07:52 PM
If this happens and we get the NDCSS DE, NDSU just got a whole lot better on the DL.

DE Crittenton 285 / Compton 254 / Boyer 247
DT Fairbairn 293/ Yuen 280
DT Gratzek 283/ Phillips 274 / Danilkowicz 265
DE Larrdinois 262 / Johnson 260 / Stockzynski 237

This lineup could be considerred one of the best DL in all of FCS.

The depth issue when playing teams in the FBS will not be as big an issue on the defense. I see us as effectively being 2 deep at every position on defense with this addition. And, the freshmen (who are very impressive) can get their feet wet in the world of FCS football without the pressure of being thrown right into the fire. This signing of Crittendon (if it happens) may be bigger than the verbal from Yuen, but together...this is a whole new level of talent on the DL. I'm speaking on an overall talent level. Until someone comes in here and then plays 10+ years in the pros, #90 is the benchmark.

That lineup/depth just screams controlling the line of scrimmage, and that just simply cannot be stressed enough.

gobison1
06-26-2008, 08:49 PM
wait... JARRETT runs a 4.6 40 and is 6 6 288 lbs?? IS THAT HUMANLY POSSIBLE!?!?!?!?

That's Jason Taylorish.....

I really question him being able to run a 4.6 40-yd dash. You always need to be careful because there are a lot of variables that come into play when running a 40. That being said, anybody who is 6'6 288 and runs anything under 5 seconds in the 40 yard dash is somebody who has freakish abilities. I hope we can pick this kid up and get him straightened out in the class room so we can watch him straighten out the opposing teams' QB's!!

BisonNeil
06-27-2008, 12:32 AM
I seriously question NDSU actually has a chance at the DE. He said nice things, but if he has an offer from FBS?

The JC QB is very unimpressive, unfortunately. I had hoped for better but I guess beggars can't be chosers.

tjbison
06-27-2008, 03:07 AM
I seriously question NDSU actually has a chance at the DE. He said nice things, but if he has an offer from FBS?

The JC QB is very unimpressive, unfortunately. I had hoped for better but I guess beggars can't be chosers.

Why? its not totally unheard of, maybe there are some reasons he would like to stay in the area, maybe the coaches, teamates, facilities, better shot at quality playing time, I mean Middle Tennessee State isn't THAT attractive is it?? Memphis would definately be a good one, but what type of offer did they give, seems to me it would be between Memphis and SU. i love the fact we are in the running with the Tigers!

Hammersmith
06-27-2008, 05:58 AM
According to Steve Hallstrom, he's already backed out of his verbal to Memphis. It's down to Middle Tennessee State and us now, and we made a very good impression during his visit.

The Crittenton Conundrum(Bison Media Blog) (http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/?blog=29293)

NDSUstudent
06-27-2008, 07:22 AM

We've gotten players with FBS offers before and it is not like a Big Ten or Big 12 program is after him. We have and need to continue to win recruiting battles against the weaker programs in the FBS like MTSU.

msvjcpa
06-27-2008, 01:03 PM
Does anyone know how many years he has left? I can't remember if anyone posted that already.

The other thing to keep in mind is that these kids make decisions on schools for all kinds of reasons. Just because he has an offer from a FBS school doesn't mean that we're out of luck. Garrett Johnson showed us that when he turned down an offer to Northern Illinois to come the NDSU. So you never know.

At a minimum it sure adds depth to the DL. Compton would get a run for his money at the starting spot. The freshmen will have a little competition for the other DE spot. I think as of now, Johnson and Boyer are on the two deep roster. Stocynski will start wondering if he'll ever get any playing time.

BisonNeil
06-27-2008, 08:26 PM
Does anyone know how many years he has left? I can't remember if anyone posted that already.

I don't know if you can go from JUCO to DI without your associate degree (without sitting out a year, or having another year at a university before JUCO, such as Paschall who had one year at GSU and 1 yr at a JUCO), I am quite certain that is a NCAA rule. So, he likely has two years left.

Swany
06-27-2008, 10:41 PM
I have a good feeling about this one. NDSU has had great luck with NDSCS players the last few years - whom all seemed to greatly enjoy their time at NDSU. You have to think he's been on the phone with those guys and they're telling him that 'SU is it. I think we hear good news soon. If not, I still think we'll be okay. Adding this kid would be great - the strong getting stronger.

CaBisonFan
06-28-2008, 12:09 AM
What kind of a football team did you expect from a school (LA Valley College) that has both mens and womens water polo teams. :D

Almost all Southern California high schools have water polo...and huge football programs that stock the WAC, PAC 10, Big 12, and others.

CaBisonFan
06-28-2008, 12:20 AM

If we can establish dominance on the D-line against the spread offenses, it will give the d-backs a chance to breathe.

That, to me, is the #1 issue against the spread.

No pass rush = defensive backs with no legs = long drives. It's a stamina game.

I hope it turns out.

HerdBot
06-28-2008, 04:01 AM
Why? its not totally unheard of, maybe there are some reasons he would like to stay in the area, maybe the coaches, teamates, facilities, better shot at quality playing time, I mean Middle Tennessee State isn't THAT attractive is it?? Memphis would definately be a good one, but what type of offer did they give, seems to me it would be between Memphis and SU. i love the fact we are in the running with the Tigers!

He went to NDSCS so maybe he likes it up here? Maybe he's getting a full ride offer at NDSU and only a partial scholorship at Memphis? Is Memphis that big of a deal? THey lost to Florida Atlantic. Middle Tennessee State? We would beat them right now.

Going to NDSU is a very solid option. Ask Craig Dahl and Joe Mays. Drago has an opportunity. Frick got signed. Snell got signed. AJ Cooper got a shot. And that was when we were a D2 team in transition! Now teams know who we are.

Bisonguy
06-28-2008, 04:12 AM
If you look at most of the ratings for last year, Middle Tennessee State is ranked 10-15 spots lower than Central Michigan, and we all know what NDSU did to CMU last year.

BisonNeil
06-28-2008, 03:34 PM
Middle Tennessee may not be a marquee FBS team, but they are close to his home and his family could watch him play. Don't downplay that importance.

With that said, I agree with all of you that NDSU is obviously in the hunt for this guy. If he came, it really adds to an already strong DL. He'll either push Compton to get better or be the starter, either way it adds depth.

And we will need depth playing at 7200 ft in Laramie and in any potential playoff push.

Good luck Craig!

X-Factor
06-28-2008, 04:11 PM
He went to NDSCS so maybe he likes it up here? Maybe he's getting a full ride offer at NDSU and only a partial scholorship at Memphis? Is Memphis that big of a deal? THey lost to Florida Atlantic. Middle Tennessee State? We would beat them right now.

Going to NDSU is a very solid option. Ask Craig Dahl and Joe Mays. Drago has an opportunity. Frick got signed. Snell got signed. AJ Cooper got a shot. And that was when we were a D2 team in transition! Now teams know who we are.

FYI, FBS teams can not offer partial scholarships. And besides, we are not just talking about some random athlete here. This is one of the better JUCO DE in the country. Wherever he goes, he is going for free. This would be a huge signing for the Bison. A guy like this could completely change the makeup of our defense. Outstanding DE have that kind of effect, just look at Dwight Freeney and the Colts for a good example :nod:

Scooter1
06-28-2008, 04:16 PM
Middle Tennessee may not be a marquee FBS team, but they are close to his home and his family could watch him play. Don't downplay that importance.

With that said, I agree with all of you that NDSU is obviously in the hunt for this guy. If he came, it really adds to an already strong DL. He'll either push Compton to get better or be the starter, either way it adds depth.

And we will need depth playing at 7200 ft in Laramie and in any potential playoff push.

Good luck Craig!

You make a good point about the Middle Tennesee being closer. Personally, I would think going to a program that actually wins games would be a big factor also.

BisonNeil
06-28-2008, 04:22 PM
FYI, FBS teams can not offer partial scholarships.

Do you know that as fact? I know I have seen others post that, but I have seen on Gopherhole that there are partial scholarships offered. It has to do with how many total scholarships offered (not all DIA schools are fully funded and not all scholarships are necessarily given in any one year). I got the impression that a fully funded DIA football team could have 6 split into 12 half rides.

So, I am asking anyone if they really know X's statement is fact or myth, because I don't know, I'm asking.

Bisonguy
06-28-2008, 04:30 PM
Do you know that as fact? I know I have seen others post that, but I have seen on Gopherhole that there are partial scholarships offered. It has to do with how many total scholarships offered (not all DIA schools are fully funded and not all scholarships are necessarily given in any one year). I got the impression that a fully funded DIA football team could have 6 split into 12 half rides.

So, I am asking anyone if they really know X's statement is fact or myth, because I don't know, I'm asking.

It's a myth. Sort of. FBS schools can offer financial aid less than a full-ride, but it counts as one of their 85 allowed scholarships. There's also a minimum amount of financial aid that a FBS school must offer. Too lazy to look it up right now, but I believe it's something like 80 or 82 averaged over a two year period.

BisonNeil
06-28-2008, 04:39 PM
It's a myth. Sort of. FBS schools can offer financial aid less than a full-ride, but it counts as one of their 85 allowed scholarships. There's also a minimum amount of financial aid that a FBS school must offer. Too lazy to look it up right now, but I believe it's something like 80 or 82 averaged over a two year period.

I think you are right, according to Wikpedia:

FBS schools are currently limited to a total of 85 football players receiving financial assistance. Since for competitive reasons a student on partial scholarship counts fully against the total of 85, virtually all FBS schools that are not on NCAA probation give 85 full scholarships. The service academies—in this context, Army, Navy, and Air Force—are exempt from this rule, as all of their students receive full scholarships from the federal government.

BisonNeil
06-28-2008, 05:03 PM
The prospect of getting this DE excites me, so much so I took a look at our "competition" for him in Lindy's pre-season football guide. This of course takes his HC Parsons at his word that it is between Middle Tennessee State and North Dakota State University and it assumes NDSU has offered him a scholarship.

Middle Tennessee State plays in the Sunbelt Conference which Lindy's ranks as the 11th best FBS conferences (out of 11). The MAC is ranked 10th by comparison (Yikes!). MTS is predicted to finish 5 in the conference out of 8 teams. Nationally MTS is ranked pre-season as 113 out of 119 FBS schools (fellow Sunbelters Arkansas St, North Texas and Florida Int'l are ranked 114th, 116 and dead last by Lindy's in the nation). One of their "potential problems" is their DL where they have some "rebuilding" to do. Last year's starting DEs graduated. Another JUCO DL got hurt during spring practice and is lost for he season, so they have some urgency there. Lindy's doesn't expect them to compete for the Sun Belt crown anytime soon.

So, there you have it. If it is truly down to MTS or NDSU, its an interesting choice for Jarrett. On one hand he can walk into a sure starting position at DE on a team that is desperate for his body, on the other he would have to compete and beat out a second year starter (I'm not willing to say Compton will give up without one whale of a fight and won't actually remain the starter becuase he knows the defensive schemes and is a good player in his own right!). At MTS he can play close to home, at NDSU he can play in an area he is used to playing, albeit 45 miles north. One one hand he can play for a team that went nowhere last year and is unlikely to go anywhere during his time left in college ball or he can make a run for a conference and national championship (god I love writing that after Thurs NCAA notification of our DI status!). If he chooses NDSU there is no question all his course credits transfer because of the NDSU/NDSCS academic deal which may or may not be true at MTS (I simply don't know).

So, just call me Obama, I have flip-flopped my position. I think we are solid contenders for this kid and if he really thinks logically about his FBS vs FCS options he will come to work out with the team for the remainder of this summer and wear green and gold this fall.

Bisonguy
06-28-2008, 05:13 PM
I think you are right, according to Wikpedia:

FBS schools are currently limited to a total of 85 football players receiving financial assistance. Since for competitive reasons a student on partial scholarship counts fully against the total of 85, virtually all FBS schools that are not on NCAA probation give 85 full scholarships. The service academies—in this context, Army, Navy, and Air Force—are exempt from this rule, as all of their students receive full scholarships from the federal government.

Of course, I'm right. :rolleyes: :D

Yeah, it's a total of 85 counters for DI football, regardless of FBS or FCS classification. The difference is that FBS allows 85 grants maximum, that can be awarded to a maximum of 85 student-athletes. FCS allows 63 grants that can be split however they want to a maximum of 85 student-athletes.

Here's the section from the NCAA DI Manual (http://www.ncaa.org/library/membership/division_i_manual/2007-08/2007-08_d1_manual.pdf)that I was looking for regarding FBS minimums(90% of the 85 max, and they also have a minimum for the entire athletics program)

20.9.7.4 Additional Financial Aid Requirements. [FBS] The institution shall satisfy the following additional financial aid requirements: (Adopted: 4/25/02 effective 8/1/04)
(a) Provide an average of at least 90 percent of the permissible maximum number of overall football grants-
in-aid per year over a rolling two-year period; and
(b) Annually offer a minimum of 200 athletics grants-in-aids or expend at least four million dollars on
grants-in-aid to student-athletes in athletics programs.

Gully
06-28-2008, 05:19 PM

Good explanation. Thank you.

SlickVic
06-28-2008, 05:59 PM
lardinois and crittenton on the ends my oh my might as well hang the banner right now

BisoninNWMN
06-28-2008, 09:08 PM
Great post, BisonNeil.:D NDSU looks like a better fit for him but we'll have to wait and see. MTSU was a half-assed I-AA that moved up to I_A. Bison could probably win either the Sun Belt or MAC this yr. In the yrs to come I think the Bison will have more of these I-A players consider NDSU. WIU is not going to win the MV but will be good....it's between the Bison and UNI.

HerdBot
06-29-2008, 06:19 AM
The prospect of getting this DE excites me, so much so I took a look at our "competition" for him in Lindy's pre-season football guide. This of course takes his HC Parsons at his word that it is between Middle Tennessee State and North Dakota State University and it assumes NDSU has offered him a scholarship.

Middle Tennessee State plays in the Sunbelt Conference which Lindy's ranks as the 11th best FBS conferences (out of 11). The MAC is ranked 10th by comparison (Yikes!). MTS is predicted to finish 5 in the conference out of 8 teams. Nationally MTS is ranked pre-season as 113 out of 119 FBS schools (fellow Sunbelters Arkansas St, North Texas and Florida Int'l are ranked 114th, 116 and dead last by Lindy's in the nation). One of their "potential problems" is their DL where they have some "rebuilding" to do. Last year's starting DEs graduated. Another JUCO DL got hurt during spring practice and is lost for he season, so they have some urgency there. Lindy's doesn't expect them to compete for the Sun Belt crown anytime soon.

So, there you have it. If it is truly down to MTS or NDSU, its an interesting choice for Jarrett. On one hand he can walk into a sure starting position at DE on a team that is desperate for his body, on the other he would have to compete and beat out a second year starter (I'm not willing to say Compton will give up without one whale of a fight and won't actually remain the starter becuase he knows the defensive schemes and is a good player in his own right!). At MTS he can play close to home, at NDSU he can play in an area he is used to playing, albeit 45 miles north. One one hand he can play for a team that went nowhere last year and is unlikely to go anywhere during his time left in college ball or he can make a run for a conference and national championship (god I love writing that after Thurs NCAA notification of our DI status!). If he chooses NDSU there is no question all his course credits transfer because of the NDSU/NDSCS academic deal which may or may not be true at MTS (I simply don't know).

So, just call me Obama, I have flip-flopped my position. I think we are solid contenders for this kid and if he really thinks logically about his FBS vs FCS options he will come to work out with the team for the remainder of this summer and wear green and gold this fall.

Good post. I knew Middle Tennessee State was bad but I didn't realize they were THAT BAD! I can almost guarantee you we would beat them right now!

ATTENDANCE
Middle Tennessee State- 18,530. (giant empty stadium)
NDSU -18,141 (packed and overflowing)

NFL PROSPECTS?
NDSU vs. MTS? It was the same. LB Joe Mays was a 6th round pick. DE Walden was a 6th round pick. And Walden, the all time sack leader, he was the first EVER DE in the history of MTS to be taken in the NFL Draft! NDSU has them beat there too... We all know about Phil Hanson, former NDSU DE, who was drafted in the 2nd round and played 10 years in the NFL! (as a D2 player!)

Below .500 team or National Championship contenders? C'mon Jarrett... help us win man!

Here is a link to a highlight video... man this guy is GOOD!! Wow! http://www.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=66246

tony
06-29-2008, 09:51 AM
Nice highlight tape - I like how he caught guys downfield.

That said, who knows where he'll end up? Even if it seems like NDSU is a great option to some of us, he still has to make up his own mind. For example, there were lots of reasons that the Big Sky should have asked NDSU to join.

westnodak93bison
06-29-2008, 01:32 PM
The quality of our coaches should be considered by potential recruits.
The staff seems pretty good at taking 0-2 star kids and developing them into quality players and a solid team. Even nfl draft quality players.

Scooter1
06-29-2008, 01:35 PM
Nice highlight tape - I like how he caught guys downfield.

That said, who knows where he'll end up? Even if it seems like NDSU is a great option to some of us, he still has to make up his own mind. For example, there were lots of reasons that the Big Sky should have asked NDSU to join.

Well, that put this issue in perspective. Well said, tony.

Hey, this thread only needs about thirtyfive more posts to pass the Potter speculation thread.

BisonNeil
06-29-2008, 03:26 PM
Bohl and his coaches have been doing a nice job trying to fill some holes made this spring by injuries, players leaving and adding some depth.

Fred Bussey will be a great back up at MLB and provide depth behind Tyler Henry, who has had some injury issues so durability may be in question (anybody know if Bussey is here or definitely coming? Kolpack told me he would do a story on him once it was certain he was coming and I have seen nothing).

Jackson will add needed depth at QB, sounds like he wanted an offer, do we know if he got one and is a definite Bison?

Crittenton would likely cement the Bison DL as one of the best if not the best in FCS.

If all of these players are here this fall, the Bison would be poised to get after it in the MVFC. We have talent anyway, but the added depth would cement a serious run.

Too excited too early.

X-Factor
06-29-2008, 05:17 PM
Lardinois and Crittenton...plus compton, boyer, and johnson? My word, if that doesn't make every Bison fan drool I don't know what would. With that setup will our secondary even have to do anything but play the run?

jeffdaryl3rd
06-29-2008, 05:24 PM
Lardinois and Crittenton...plus compton, boyer, and johnson? My word, if that doesn't make every Bison fan drool I don't know what would. With that setup will our secondary even have to do anything but play the run?

Especially since I would assume that at 285-290 Crittenton would see some snaps at DT on passing downs. That has the potential to be a pretty lethal pass rush.

BisonNeil
06-29-2008, 10:42 PM
Especially since I would assume that at 285-290 Crittenton would see some snaps at DT on passing downs. That has the potential to be a pretty lethal pass rush.

Ooohh, I never thought of that. That is scary...

NDSUFREAK
06-29-2008, 11:42 PM
when does the decision have to be made?

X-Factor
06-30-2008, 01:47 AM
when does the decision have to be made?

probably by the first day of classes.

BISON Thunder
06-30-2008, 07:41 PM
From the Forum...

A new suitor has jumped into the running for highly-touted North Dakota State College of Science defensive end Jarrett Crittenton.

Crittenton said Monday that he will make his final official visit to Big 12-member Kansas State next week if he meets their academic standards for admission. Wildcat coaches expressed their interest in signing the 6-foot-6, 288-pound defensive end last Friday, College of Science coach Chuck Parsons said.

“I’m going to go with an open mind and see what happens,” Crittenton said.

Crittenton said he was to send his transcript to Kansas State on Monday to determine his eligibility. Crittenton said he will likely learn today if he is eligible.

Crittenton had narrowed his choices to North Dakota State and Football Bowl Championship programs Memphis and Middle Tennessee State.

RELATED CONTENT
Heath Hotzler Archive
Read more about the story in tomorrow's Forum.

Greenie
06-30-2008, 07:49 PM
If I was objective, I would say #1 Kansas State, #2 NDSU, #3 Middle Tennessee State. Hard to beat being a starting DE in the Big 12 (assuming he would be a starter). Chance for a FCS championship (NDSU) outweighs being in the Sun Belt (MTSU).

Greenie
06-30-2008, 07:55 PM
On another note, Kansas State's D-Coordinator is Tim Tibesar ---> an evil and vile siouxsie.

Bison Dan
06-30-2008, 08:12 PM
From the Forum...

A new suitor has jumped into the running for highly-touted North Dakota State College of Science defensive end Jarrett Crittenton.

Crittenton said Monday that he will make his final official visit to Big 12-member Kansas State next week if he meets their academic standards for admission. Wildcat coaches expressed their interest in signing the 6-foot-6, 288-pound defensive end last Friday, College of Science coach Chuck Parsons said.

“I’m going to go with an open mind and see what happens,” Crittenton said.

Crittenton said he was to send his transcript to Kansas State on Monday to determine his eligibility. Crittenton said he will likely learn today if he is eligible.

Crittenton had narrowed his choices to North Dakota State and Football Bowl Championship programs Memphis and Middle Tennessee State.

RELATED CONTENT
Heath Hotzler Archive
Read more about the story in tomorrow's Forum.

Looks like Tim Tibesar is a Bisonville fan. He's the DC for Kansas State and was 5-7 last year giving up 73 points to Big Red. Another year like last year and he'll be back at und.

lakesbison
06-30-2008, 10:26 PM
of COURSE... he found it on bisonville.. everyone does!! what a joke!

Screw you TIBESAR! and SCREW THE WILDCATS!

BisonNeil
06-30-2008, 11:29 PM
Well, he is likely gone to K State, I can't disagree with what has been said or his decision. The Big 12 is, well, the Big 12.

According to Lindy's, K State's DL is "all but a mystery". Ian Campbell returns after being out last year with injuries and he is touted as their only truly skilled player. Interestingly, some of you hard core Bison fans may remember the name Xzavier Stewart from Illinois. He was 'almost' a Bison recruit but signed with K State in the 11th hour in 2007, then the Bison went after Danlikowicz. Xzavier is a starting true Soph at DT and is now 6' 1" and 304 lbs.

I just hate the thought of losing two players to a former sue coach.

BisonNeil
07-01-2008, 12:08 AM
Well, he is likely gone to K State, I can't disagree with what has been said or his decision. The Big 12 is, well, the Big 12.

According to Lindy's, K State's DL is "all but a mystery". Ian Campbell returns after being out last year with injuries and he is touted as their only truly skilled player. Interestingly, some of you hard core Bison fans may remember the name Xzavier Stewart from Illinois. He was 'almost' a Bison recruit but signed with K State in the 11th hour in 2007, then the Bison went after Danlikowicz. Xzavier is a starting true Soph at DT and is now 6' 1" and 304 lbs.

I just hate the thought of losing two players to a former sue coach.

Sorry folks, I misread Lindy's. Ian Campbell was NOT injured last season. He returns to a DE spot in a 4-3 after playing LB in a 3-4 last year. Sounds like Tibesar tried to make the vaunted sue 3-4 work in the B12 with mixed results.

Sorry I misled you all.

SDbison
07-01-2008, 02:46 AM
of COURSE... he found it on bisonville.. everyone does!! what a joke!

Screw you TIBESAR! and SCREW THE WILDCATS!
Have to agree with Lakes on this one..........wonder if the Crittenton story would not have broke so early maybe he would have possibly gone to NDSU. Now after all the discussion here, WDAY, etc. the former Sue coach hears from his contacts back here about this player. Really sucks.

Mr. Burgundy
07-01-2008, 02:58 AM
Tibisorry is the worst coach in the big 12 and everyone knows it. He is flat out exposed at that level. I wish he would have taken the Sue job last year. He is brutal.

My "contact" stated that we have a really good shot at this kid and his visit went way better than expected. He really liked it and the decision will be made within the week. (this is prior to K-State) coming into the picture.

By the way people....I know some of you think message boards are the only way bigtime schools recruit....but you are wrong. Coaches have ties everywhere...it isn't like this kid is under the radar. He had offers from everywhere.

Manhappenin' Kansas is smaller than Bismarck and about as fun. We have a shot. Maybe he wants to be a bigshot and win a National title as opposed to being a stepchild in the Big 12.

Haven't posted in a while....feels good to vent!

AEBison1998
07-01-2008, 03:08 AM
I agree. K-State is certainly better competition for us than MTS but it isn't like it is Oklahoma or something. We still have one thing they don't have. We are going to win. They are not. He is going to get an NFL shot no matter where he goes. He just needs to stay eligible and hopefully enjoy the game. Winning is always more fun than losing and not many NDSU students have had trouble keeping their grades above the line. We should remain in the hunt from someone looking at ALL the facts. Hopefully he looks at all the facts.

skolbrother
07-01-2008, 05:17 AM
While i agree K-state entering the picture is disheartening this is by no means over. I feel like Bluto in the Delta house but here goes ... nothing is over until we say it's over, was it over when Montana went ahead 24-22... was it over in the 4th qtr. to Ball St....was it over when MINNESOTA scored on a trick play to start the game, nothing is over till Coach Bohl says it's over. Thats all I got.

lakesbison
07-01-2008, 01:34 PM
jarrett should be at DETROIT LAKES over this weekend... as should ANY big recruit... that would change their mind about NDSU and cement a decision post haste~~~

Im sure the coaches wouldn't take the recruits there.. but I sure would suggest it to a future recruit...

18 year old kid... walkin into swimsuit heaven for the 4th of july weekend...............NDSU NEEDS TO ADVERTISE THAT THE LAKES ARE BISON COUNTRY!!! ARGH!!!

westnodak93bison
07-01-2008, 01:42 PM
So, what is the difference between admission standards for NDSU, K-State, MTSU, Clemson etc? Is that type of info published?

aces1180
07-01-2008, 01:51 PM
So, what is the difference between admission standards for NDSU, K-State, MTSU, Clemson etc? Is that type of info published?

The only thing I know is that MTSU is the only one which is NOT a land-grant university...If that means anything, which I doubt.

bisonmike2
07-01-2008, 01:54 PM
I'm not going to get too worked up if we get this guy or not. He seems to be tetering on the edge of academic eligebility. Anyone else worried about this?

UTH
07-01-2008, 03:14 PM
While i agree K-state entering the picture is disheartening this is by no means over. I feel like Bluto in the Delta house but here goes ... nothing is over until we say it's over, was it over when Montana went ahead 24-22... was it over in the 4th qtr. to Ball St....was it over when MINNESOTA scored on a trick play to start the game, nothing is over till Coach Bohl says it's over. Thats all I got.

Was it over when the Jackrabbits were up 38-34 with 24 seconds left in the game?

Kermit
07-01-2008, 03:19 PM
Heath Hotzler's blog, following up on his Forum article, is a little more optomistic:

http://areavoices.com/hotzler/?blog=29499

"In speaking with Crittenton and College of Science coach Chuck Parsons, it appears that Crittenton is very impressed with Middle Tennessee State and North Dakota State. Unless Kansas State completely knocks his socks off on a campus visit, it looks like Crittenton will be choosing between the low-level D-I and the championship contender in Football Championship Subdivision."

NDSUFREAK
07-01-2008, 03:29 PM
gotta keep hoping...we have one thing we know nobody can have and thats be a winning team....

tcbison
07-01-2008, 03:45 PM
Was it over when the Jackrabbits were up 38-34 with 24 seconds left in the game?

Don't you mean Bearcats?

bisonmike2
07-01-2008, 03:52 PM
Don't you mean Bearcats?

Sshhh. Don't stop him, he's on a roll.

KTF
07-01-2008, 04:23 PM
From the blog, it appears that one of the deciding factors (and a major one) is being on a winning team. Well NDSU seems to have that equation figured out, I don't see him going anywhere else but NDSU since the other schools all have less then stellar records...

onbison09
07-01-2008, 06:36 PM
Sshhh. Don't stop him, he's on a roll.
:rofl: :rofl:

AEBison1998
07-01-2008, 10:23 PM
With a goal of the NFL, one other reason to pick a school is the level of competion he will face in order to get better each day. Much of that takes place on the practice field. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that our #2 Tackles are better than the #1 tackles at either of those schools. Case in point is that he might be going up against a guy who was slated to be the starter in the Big 12 as a Soph before he transferred to NDSU. NDSU will make him a better player because of the competition EVERY DAY.

TateMosersneighbor
07-02-2008, 12:35 AM
With a goal of the NFL, one other reason to pick a school is the level of competion he will face in order to get better each day. Much of that takes place on the practice field. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that our #2 Tackles are better than the #1 tackles at either of those schools. Case in point is that he might be going up against a guy who was slated to be the starter in the Big 12 as a Soph before he transferred to NDSU. NDSU will make him a better player because of the competition EVERY DAY.

Who would that be?

HerdBot
07-02-2008, 01:34 AM
KSU or MTSU = Going .500 is a success!

NDSU = Anything less than a National Championship is a failure

To me it's a no brainer.

westnodak93bison
07-02-2008, 01:40 AM
kind of an update from Hallstrom

http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/

HerdBot
07-02-2008, 01:53 AM
Who would that be?

Backowski, was a backup at NDSU last year after transfering from and starting a few games for D1A Colorado. He will be competing for a starting job this year. He's currently one of the smallest lineman.

BisonNeil
07-02-2008, 02:12 AM
Backowski, was a backup at NDSU last year after transfering from and starting a few games for D1A Colorado. He will be competing for a starting job this year. He's currently one of the smallest lineman.

While Back played in all 12 games, he actually only started one due to an injury of the guy ahead of him. This according to last years Lindy's.

BisonNeil
07-02-2008, 02:16 AM
kind of an update from Hallstrom

http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/

As I posted in response, according to Lindy's Coach Parson's info is dated, KState switched to a 4-3 D during the spring.

met1990
07-02-2008, 03:52 PM
Its funny to hear about Crits academics on here now because he was in one of my girlfriends classes up at NDSCS this spring and she would tell me these stories about how "Crit" comes to class about every third day and a power point project was assigned to the class as the big year end project and was supposed to be like 10 slides and Crit had 3 with the first page being the title, the second a copy/pasted internet page, and the third the bibliography, (I got a kick out of that one), and he didn't have a clue when the final was. I don't know how he'll make it academically in D-1.

Haha--that PowerPoint sounds like a classic.

westnodak93bison
07-02-2008, 04:14 PM
Well if that is all he had to do was create 3 pages for a project sounds like skipping class is pretty good time management!

MN_BISON
07-02-2008, 04:14 PM
Its funny to hear about Crits academics on here now because he was in one of my girlfriends classes up at NDSCS this spring and she would tell me these stories about how "Crit" comes to class about every third day and a power point project was assigned to the class as the big year end project and was supposed to be like 10 slides and Crit had 3 with the first page being the title, the second a copy/pasted internet page, and the third the bibliography, (I got a kick out of that one), and he didn't have a clue when the final was. I don't know how he'll make it academically in D-1.

Thanks, maybe we can get someone to step up and post about something you did that you might not be too proud of, real nice.:smh: Why not let him, the coaches and admissions worry about if he can or can't make the grade. Funny, why was your girfriend paying so much attention to "Crit"?:D

Bison"FANatic"
07-02-2008, 04:34 PM
Let B1SON have a shot at him he will Straighten them grades out and get the kid on the right path in the classroom!!!!! Hopefully wherever he ends up he takes the academics seriously. A degree is forever and every athelete is only one play away from it being there last!!

UTH
07-02-2008, 04:48 PM
Well if that is all he had to do was create 3 pages for a project sounds like skipping class is pretty good time management!

If the story above is completely true, then I'd call his academic ability / commitment a serious cause for concern.

You can (tongue-in-cheek, i'm sure) call it good time management if just getting by is the priority. You can also call it disrespect, both toward the teacher who assigned it, and the other students who were forced to sit through the presentation (cue the billy madison quote...). I hope and pray that this would not warrant a good grade in any class at NDSU. Again, IF the story is true in its entirety, he had better straighten things out a little bit before making the jump.

bisonmike2
07-02-2008, 05:03 PM
If the story above is completely true, then I'd call his academic ability / commitment a serious cause for concern.

You can (tongue-in-cheek, i'm sure) call it good time management if just getting by is the priority. You can also call it disrespect, both toward the teacher who assigned it, and the other students who were forced to sit through the presentation (cue the billy madison quote...). I hope and pray that this would not warrant a good grade in any class at NDSU. Again, IF the story is true in its entirety, he had better straighten things out a little bit before making the jump.

You rang?

Mr. Crittenton, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent powerpoint were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no scholarship to NDSU, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Edited to fit situation.

heymch86
07-02-2008, 09:58 PM
according to Heath Hotzler's blog, Jarrett meets K-State's requirements for admission. http://www.areavoices.com/hotzler/

K-Stater
07-03-2008, 03:40 PM
You guys are so funny. A D1 level player "sniffs" you and the majority of you act like that red-headed step child who just received a piece of candy.

When you've been to numerous Fiesta Bowls, Holidays Bowls, and Cotton Bowls and actually beat some D1 teams on a yearly basis, then you might otherwise expect D1 talent, but until then, be happy with playing whatever no-namers are in the no-name conference you guys belong to. Sorry, but that is reality.

Bison"FANatic"
07-03-2008, 03:45 PM
Wow guys another FBS troll who thinks they are the best thing since sliced bread:D :D :D Any ole team can play in the FBS it is different to win in the FBS but that is something K state doesn't know about. When they have a winning team then you can talk smack till then ba bye.

If Crittenton wants to win he will come to NDSU if he wants to lose but play at the FBS level he may think about K State.

Bison bison
07-03-2008, 04:00 PM
You guys are so funny. A D1 level player "sniffs" you and the majority of you act like that red-headed step child who just received a piece of candy.

When you've been to numerous Fiesta Bowls, Holidays Bowls, and Cotton Bowls and actually beat some D1 teams on a yearly basis, then you might otherwise expect D1 talent, but until then, be happy with playing whatever no-namers are in the no-name conference you guys belong to. Sorry, but that is reality.

Hey, K-Stater. Snyder is gone. Go back to sucking hind tit in the Big 12. Sorry, but that is reality.

bisonmike2
07-03-2008, 04:09 PM

Kansas State all time record 442–584–41 (.433). To reach .500 K-state would have to go undefeated for almost 12 straight years (assuming 12 games a year). Yeah, you guys are awesome.

/Bonus: 2 conference titles 1934, 2003.

K-State: celebrating 112 years of football excellence, no wait... mediocrity...that's not it either...having a football program. Yeah that works.

HerdBot
07-03-2008, 04:30 PM
Kansas State all time record 442–584–41 (.433). To reach .500 K-state would have to go undefeated for almost 12 straight years (assuming 12 games a year). Yeah, you guys are awesome.

/Bonus: 2 conference titles 1934, 2003.

K-State: celebrating 112 years of football excellence, no wait... mediocrity...that's not it either...having a football program. Yeah that works.

LOL!!! 2 conference titles in 112 years! But they go to a few crappy bowls and they are "big time."

NDSU has more National Championships than KSU has conference titles!

bisonmike2
07-03-2008, 04:35 PM
LOL!!! 2 conference titles in 112 years! But they go to a few crappy bowls and they are "big time."

NDSU has more National Championships than KSU has conference titles!

K-states rich tradition of bowl games is 13...TOTAL. In 112 years. Post season record is 6-7. So they have 2 less bowl wins then we have national championships. Now that's big time.

CaBisonFan
07-03-2008, 04:43 PM

Who are you? Are you the head coach, or the defensive coordinator? Or are you a visitor from somewhere closer, and dearer to our hearts?

I checked out your bowl record on wikipedia.

This, is your reality. Another one, is that Kansas has the program in your state at the present time. They are the visible, dominant program. Wonder if this could have an effect on your standards...you know...losing top recruits to your good friends right there in Kansas.

1982 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1982_Division_1A_Football_Season) L Independence Bowl (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independence_Bowl)Wisconsin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wisconsin_Badgers_football) 14 - 3
1993 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_Division_1A_Football_Season) W Copper Bowl (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copper_Bowl)Wyoming (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wyoming_Cowboys) 52 - 7
1994 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994_Division_1A_Football_Season) L Aloha Bowl (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aloha_Bowl)Boston College (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_College_Eagles_football) 12 - 7
1995 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_Division_1A_Football_Season) W Holiday Bowl (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_Holiday_Bowl)Colorado State (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorado_State_University) 54 - 21
1997 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_Division_1A_Football_Season) L Cotton Bowl (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cotton_Bowl_%28game%29)BYU (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brigham_Young_University_Cougars_football) 19 - 15
1997 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997_Division_1A_Football_Season) W Fiesta Bowl (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiesta_Bowl)Syracuse (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syracuse_Orange) 35 - 18
1998 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_Division_1A_Football_Season) L Alamo Bowl (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alamo_Bowl)Purdue (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purdue_Boilermakers) 37 - 34
1999 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_Division_1A_Football_Season) W Holiday Bowl (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_Holiday_Bowl)Washington (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Huskies) 24 - 20
2001 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_Division_1A_Football_Season) W Cotton BowlTennessee (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee_Volunteers_football) 35 - 21
2001 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_Division_1A_Football_Season) L Insight.com Bowl (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insight.com_Bowl)Syracuse (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syracuse_Orange) 26 - 3
2002 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Division_1A_Football_Season) W Holiday Bowl (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Holiday_Bowl)Arizona State (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arizona_State_Sun_Devils_football) 34 - 27
2004 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_Division_1A_Football_Season) L Fiesta Bowl (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Fiesta_Bowl)Ohio State (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohio_State_Buckeyes_football) 35 - 28
2006 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_season) L Texas Bowl (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Bowl)Rutgers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rutgers_Scarlet_Knights_football) 37 - 10

Wanna schedule a game in Fargo? Or, like every other FBS program, do you prefer playing Southeast Alabama Bible College at home? We would; however, consider coming to your house to spoil the party.

If you weren't a little concerned about the state (or quality) of your program, you wouldn't be here. And if 'we' weren't a concern, you wouldn't be here. But thanks for the compliment. Actions speak louder than words.

Right now, we'd rather play Kansas. :cool:

"There's no place like home...there's no place like home...there's...."

BisonNeil
07-03-2008, 05:20 PM
When you've been to numerous Fiesta Bowls, Holidays Bowls, and Cotton Bowls...

God I love the boards, I learn something new everday. Two Fiesta bowls, 3 Holiday bowls and 2 Cotton bowls are defined as "numerous". Here all this time I thought numerous meant, well..., like...a lot, like more than three. Whodathunk it.

Mr. Burgundy
07-03-2008, 05:36 PM
Hey K-Stater....how do you like having the worst D coordinator in the country?

Bison Dan
07-03-2008, 05:41 PM
Hey K-Stater....how do you like having the worst D coordinator in the country?

When a just okay Big Red team layed 73 on you - you'd think they would be kind of quiet!!

CaBisonFan
07-03-2008, 05:47 PM
When a just okay Big Red team layed 73 on you - you'd think they would be kind of quit.

Big Red would have trouble laying 73 on Lincoln High School...and they certainly wouldn't score that many on the Bison.

Scooter1
07-03-2008, 06:10 PM
Big Red would have trouble laying 73 on Lincoln High School...and they certainly wouldn't score that many on the Bison.

Well, we do have a pretty good senoir class this year. And, they did beat Wisconsin and Marquet.....We are talking basketball, right? ;)

K-Stater
07-03-2008, 07:36 PM
I never said KSU football was the absolute pinnacle of excellence in the college football world, but we've been pretty dang good and are still top-10 in wins for D1 since 1993. Not too bad. Throw a bunch of great bowl games in there and it looks even better. Throughout the 90'/early 2000's, KSU (along with Nebraska and OU) absolutely dominated a major conference and that is something you guys will never ever be able to say. Ever. When was the last time NDSU posted victories (many blow-out) over USC, Washington, Iowa, Oklahoma, Texas, California, A&M, Tennessee, or anyone from the Big 12 for that matter? Your victories over the Jackrabbits of SDSU probably don't carry much water with anyone outside of Fargo.

Besides pretty much no one cares (or really even knows) about some school called NDSU and their vaunted national championships. Cry and pound at your keyboards all you want, but you're still third or second tier (at best) to the rest of the sporting world. Simply put, no one cares because they've never heard of you.

I remember when KSU scheduled an away basketball game with NDSU (I think) and our freshman-laden team ended up beating you in what a local newspaper writer called "one of the most awaited contests ever in Fargo"....simply wow....you guys drip first-class!

http://www.k-state.edu/images/home/gallery/football.jpg

mebisonII
07-03-2008, 07:38 PM
I never said KSU football was the absolute pinnacle of excellence in the college football world, but over the last 15 years, we've been pretty dang good and are still top-10 in wins since 1993. Not too bad. Throw a bunch of great bowl games in there and it looks even better. Throughout the 90'/early 2000's, KSU (along with Nebraska and OU) absolutely dominated a major conference and that is something you guys will never ever be able to say. Ever. When was the last time NDSU posted victories (many blow-out) over USC, Washington, Iowa, Oklahoma, Texas, California, A&M, Tennessee, or anyone from the Big 12 for that matter? Your victories over the Jackrabbits of SDSU probably don't carry much water with anyone outside of Fargo.

Besides pretty much no one cares (or really even knows) about some school called NDSU and their vaunted national championships. Cry and pound at your keyboards all you want, but you're still third or second tier (at best) to the rest of the sporting world. Simply put, no one cares because they've never heard of you.

What town is K-state in? Seriously, I don't even know.

K-Stater
07-03-2008, 07:50 PM
Manhattan - great place to live. Just recently named one of the top 10 places to retire young. Great park system, arts, and local environment....

OtterTailLakeBison
07-03-2008, 07:55 PM
K-Stater:

You definitely have a valid point. The 2007 Sagarin Ratings had the K-State Jayhawks...er...Wildcats at #52 (Jayhawks were #2) while NDSU was only at #71. The #71 ranking had the Bison ahead of such Division 1 wannabes like:

#75 Miami-Florida
#79 Iowa
#85 Wyoming
#90 Notre Dame
#92 Iowa State (Big 12)
#117 Baylor (Big 12)

Speaking of #92 Iowa State, I see The Wildcats played a hard fought game only to LOSE 20 - 31 during last November in Ames. Please update us on Ames, since the Bison play there in 2009.

But I congratulate you on a very successful basketball season, including recently awarding a $420K annual contract to assistant coach Dalonte Hill. By the way, was he Michael Beasley's AAU coach in high school? What a small world!

Plus, as a Kansas State fan, I am confident you feel pretty good about being the second (2nd) best Division 1 athletic program in the state of Kansas, behind only the Jayhawks title-winning basketball and Orange Bowl winning football programs. I am sure you will help me toast the Jayhawks for their very successful season and presence as the predominant Division 1 athletic program in Kansas!

admin
07-03-2008, 08:11 PM
Does it feel a little smacky in here?

Bisonguy
07-03-2008, 08:20 PM
Does it feel a little smacky in here?

Smacky, yes.
Little, no.

silkamilkamonico
07-03-2008, 08:30 PM
Manhattan - great place to live. Just recently named one of the top 10 places to retire young. Great park system, arts, and local environment....

That must be a shoe in to all the young prospects coming out of high school and wanting to go to a college that has a great city atmosphere.

No wonder why 20 of KSU's 32 prospects in their incoming class come from JuCo's.

ndsubison1
07-03-2008, 08:45 PM
Your school's main color is purple, yeah that's right I said it

Is this guy related to Javaris Crittenton for the Memphis Grizzlies?

TheDoctor
07-03-2008, 09:07 PM
I remember when KSU scheduled an away basketball game with NDSU (I think) and our freshman-laden team ended up beating you in what a local newspaper writer called "one of the most awaited contests ever in Fargo"....simply wow....you guys drip first-class!

Thats right! It was highly anticipated though because of your famous coach Bob Huggin and the recruiting class he was bringing in. Where is Bob now? Thats right, beating my Blue Devils in West Viriginia. No offense, but K State without Bobby is nothing to get excited about. :rofl: ;)

DORMIE
07-03-2008, 09:32 PM
Mr Know it all in K-State forgets that Huggins got to bring his own officials. We had a 10 point lead and lost it when they fouled out one of our studs, Nelson late in the game.

CaBisonFan
07-03-2008, 09:33 PM
I never said KSU football was the absolute pinnacle of excellence in the college football world, but we've been pretty dang good and are still top-10 in wins for D1 since 1993. Not too bad. Throw a bunch of great bowl games in there and it looks even better. Throughout the 90'/early 2000's, KSU (along with Nebraska and OU) absolutely dominated a major conference and that is something you guys will never ever be able to say. Ever. When was the last time NDSU posted victories (many blow-out) over USC, Washington, Iowa, Oklahoma, Texas, California, A&M, Tennessee, or anyone from the Big 12 for that matter? Your victories over the Jackrabbits of SDSU probably don't carry much water with anyone outside of Fargo.

So you came here to smack us...and you didn't expect anything back?

You try to come off like you aren't going to smack...and then you return to insults...on our board. Most football fans are very aware of the Big 12, its history, and even have some knowledge of the K-State program. If you want respect, then I would suggest giving a little back. We're one of the stronger FCS programs...one that could play with most FBS schools. K-State would be one of those. You don't have to explain the difference between the two. We're not in the dark.

The article about the basketball game should be taken as a compliment. But nooo, you twist it the other way.

Wonder what this kind of trolling would do on the K-State board?

I would ne-ver go to the K-State board to do what you're doing. You're wasting your time. We're just as proud of the Bison as you are of the Wildcats.

If you don't understand, then please just leave.

Have you ever watched North Dakota State play? The answer would be 'no.'

So you have no point of reference.

ndsubison1
07-03-2008, 09:47 PM

Freshman-laden team? Let me recall your memory, David Hoskins- Jr., Lance Harris- Sr., Clent Stewart- Jr., Carter Martin- Sr., Akeem Wright- Sr., Luis Colon and Bill Walker were your only freshmen. Glad to see you know a lot about your own bball team!

UTH
07-03-2008, 10:37 PM
Wow guys another FBS troll who thinks they are the best thing since sliced bread:D :D :D Any ole team can play in the FBS it is different to win in the FBS but that is something K state doesn't know about. When they have a winning team then you can talk smack till then ba bye.

If Crittenton wants to win he will come to NDSU if he wants to lose but play at the FBS level he may think about K State.

This is not a normal K State fan. Just add him to the DaveK / Mlpsbison list here (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13201) for further discussion.

I lived in Manhattan for a couple years. I spent my weekends in Aggieville. I had several friends at KSU. I went to their football games. I almost NEVER met people who would talk like this. This troll got LOTS of people to walk on his bridge today. I'd like to let him go and just get back on topic...

So "The decision will likely be made this week"...

HerdBot
07-04-2008, 01:37 AM
Freshman-laden team? Let me recall your memory, David Hoskins- Jr., Lance Harris- Sr., Clent Stewart- Jr., Carter Martin- Sr., Akeem Wright- Sr., Luis Colon and Bill Walker were your only freshmen. Glad to see you know a lot about your own bball team!

All of NDSU's starters but 1 were sophmores that year!

HerdBot
07-04-2008, 02:40 AM
K-Stater:

You definitely have a valid point. The 2007 Sagarin Ratings had the K-State Jayhawks...er...Wildcats at #52 (Jayhawks were #2) while NDSU was only at #71. The #71 ranking had the Bison ahead of such Division 1 wannabes like:

#75 Miami-Florida
#79 Iowa
#85 Wyoming
#90 Notre Dame
#92 Iowa State (Big 12)
#117 Baylor (Big 12)

Speaking of #92 Iowa State, I see The Wildcats played a hard fought game only to LOSE 20 - 31 during last November in Ames. Please update us on Ames, since the Bison play there in 2009.

But I congratulate you on a very successful basketball season, including recently awarding a $420K annual contract to assistant coach Dalonte Hill. By the way, was he Michael Beasley's AAU coach in high school? What a small world!

Plus, as a Kansas State fan, I am confident you feel pretty good about being the second (2nd) best Division 1 athletic program in the state of Kansas, behind only the Jayhawks title-winning basketball and Orange Bowl winning football programs. I am sure you will help me toast the Jayhawks for their very successful season and presence as the predominant Division 1 athletic program in Kansas!

Don't forget the Gateway Confernce (Now called the Missouri Valley Conference) includes Northern Iowa (#61) who easily beat Iowa State (#92) who also beat Big Ten Iowa (#76) and, yep Kansas State (#52)

Of course the MVC also has Southern Illinois (#76), Youngstown State (#105) (4 Championships), South Dakota State (#98), and North Dakota State (#71).

The average Joe in Kansas may not know who NDSU is but 20,000 watch them in the dome every Saturday and the entire state catches every home game on TV including games on Fox Sports Net. NDSU is huge in Minnesota too.

Most of the road games are played in front of 15,000 or more and they are broadcast to huge crowds on Fox Sports Net throughout Illinois, Ohio, Misouri, Iowa, and Indiana!

In fact, last season we played in front of 218,000 fans and had road games broadcast on The Big Ten Network and Fox Sports Net. Every home game as on statewide TV. We made ESPN multiple times. We were ranked #1 for most of the season.

The Missouri Valley Conference has produced NFL stars such as...
Kurt Warner, Brandon Jacobs. The conference produced 4 draft picks year, including NDSU linebacker Joe Mays.

NDSU is well known but more importantly, NFL scouts know the team. Nearly 100 players have signed professional football contracts.

The SCARY part about NDSU... we only had 36 scholorships up until recently. Now we have 60 and we haven't even seen the results yet. Hell next year is our first "official" season as a D1-AA team!

The rest of the country will know us soon! (outside of ND,SD,MN,IA,IL,WI)

BisBison
07-04-2008, 03:45 AM
Don't forget the Gateway Confernce (Now called the Missouri Valley Conference) includes Northern Iowa (#61) who easily beat Iowa State (#92) who also beat Big Ten Iowa (#76) and, yep Kansas State (#52)

Of course the MVC also has Southern Illinois (#76), Youngstown State (#105) (4 Championships), South Dakota State (#98), and North Dakota State (#71).

The average Joe in Kansas may not know who NDSU is but 20,000 watch them in the dome every Saturday and the entire state catches every home game on TV including games on Fox Sports Net. NDSU is huge in Minnesota too.

Most of the road games are played in front of 15,000 or more and they are broadcast to huge crowds on Fox Sports Net throughout Illinois, Ohio, Misouri, Iowa, and Indiana!

In fact, last season we played in front of 218,000 fans and had road games broadcast on The Big Ten Network and Fox Sports Net. Every home game as on statewide TV. We made ESPN multiple times. We were ranked #1 for most of the season.

The Missouri Valley Conference has produced NFL stars such as...
Kurt Warner, Brandon Jacobs. The conference produced 4 draft picks year, including NDSU linebacker Joe Mays.

NDSU is well known but more importantly, NFL scouts know the team. Nearly 100 players have signed professional football contracts.

The SCARY part about NDSU... we only had 36 scholorships up until recently. Now we have (63) and we haven't even seen the results yet. Hell next year is our first "official" season as a D1-AA team!

The rest of the country will know us soon! (outside of ND,SD,MN,IA,IL,WI)

fixed it for ya:bow:

jeffdaryl3rd
07-05-2008, 03:58 AM
I also want to point out that having spent some time in Manhattan when I was playing, that place is tinier and more podunk than Fargo ever thought about being. Nothing to do there (but they do have a sweet earthen dam). Manhattan would be a deciding factor for me against going there.

BisonNeil
07-05-2008, 07:53 PM
K-Stater:

#75 Miami-Florida
#79 Iowa
#85 Wyoming
#90 Notre Dame
#92 Iowa State (Big 12)
#117 Baylor (Big 12)

Yeah Baby!

K-Stater, I hope we play you soon so we can kick your ass like all of the other FBS wannabees. I love the losers who talk big just because for a few games they were half-assed. I love this stuff!!!

HerdBot
07-05-2008, 09:16 PM
I also want to point out that having spent some time in Manhattan when I was playing, that place is tinier and more podunk than Fargo ever thought about being. Nothing to do there (but they do have a sweet earthen dam). Manhattan would be a deciding factor for me against going there.

Manhattan is a tiny town of 50,000. Fargo-Moorhead is growing metro of nearly 200,000 with 3 four year colleges. And they have the nerve to make fun of us. WOW!

We kick their asses in damn near every categoty whether it be entertainment, night life, concerts, job opportunities, or quality of life. Plus we're an hours drive away from 10,000 lakes in the summer.

The only edge they have is weather but I read that they are below freezing 120 days out of the year!!

The most important stat for a guy: Manhatten 106 males to every 100 females!
24.2% of the population were below the poverty line.

HerdBot
07-06-2008, 01:59 AM
jarrett should be at DETROIT LAKES over this weekend... as should ANY big recruit... that would change their mind about NDSU and cement a decision post haste~~~

Im sure the coaches wouldn't take the recruits there.. but I sure would suggest it to a future recruit...

18 year old kid... walkin into swimsuit heaven for the 4th of july weekend...............NDSU NEEDS TO ADVERTISE THAT THE LAKES ARE BISON COUNTRY!!! ARGH!!!

Yeah wasn't it rated by Playboy as one of the top 10 hot spots in the entire country about 5 or 10 years ago?

ndsubison1
07-06-2008, 03:01 AM
So any more recent info on Crittenton?

Mr. Burgundy
07-06-2008, 10:57 PM
I feel bad for the Red headed step child that is K-State. Seriously. Not to far from Lincoln, not too far from Kansas....they have a hint of success, it goes to their head and then they realize they live in Valley City, ND....err....Manhatten, KS. Seriously, the only thing larger than their girls are their cows....and it is close....they have done some studies.

If you are so much better than us....stop recruiting against us! The thing that worries me about K-State is how dirty they are in recruiting. The asst they hired after Bobby Huggins (who once ripped K-State fans and asked them to be more like the hostile crowd like NDSU) is/was the dirtiest recruiter out there...and they had to keep him as he was the pipeline for the incoming class/Beasley. Trust me, Bill Walker and Beasley will NEVER return to Manhappenin'.

HerdBot
07-07-2008, 12:04 AM
I feel bad for the Red headed step child that is K-State. Seriously. Not to far from Lincoln, not too far from Kansas....they have a hint of success, it goes to their head and then they realize they live in Valley City, ND....err....Manhatten, KS. Seriously, the only thing larger than their girls are their cows....and it is close....they have done some studies.

If you are so much better than us....stop recruiting against us! The thing that worries me about K-State is how dirty they are in recruiting. The asst they hired after Bobby Huggins (who once ripped K-State fans and asked them to be more like the hostile crowd like NDSU) is/was the dirtiest recruiter out there...and they had to keep him as he was the pipeline for the incoming class/Beasley. Trust me, Bill Walker and Beasley will NEVER return to Manhappenin'.

Well put. Although they only went 5-7 last year so I don't know what they are excited a bout. Manhatten is far from glamorous.

SlickVic
07-07-2008, 12:08 AM
maybe michael bishops coming back? that was my boy back in the day

Jdubs21
07-07-2008, 11:25 AM
we are kinda stearing away from what this thread is about...anyone actually have any info on Crittenton?

ndsubison1
07-07-2008, 06:56 PM
Apparently Critt is taking a little more time for his decision, according to Hotzler: http://www.areavoices.com/hotzler/

BisonAccountant44
07-07-2008, 11:42 PM
Anyway, the chance to be part of a championship could be what it takes to get Crittenton to the Bison. Parsons made a point to tell me that Crittenton has never played for a winning team in his football career. That is something he wants very badly.

If this is the case, how are K-State, and Middle Tennessee even in the picture?

Jdubs21
07-08-2008, 12:51 AM
that area voices site seems like kstate is almost outta the question

westnodak93bison
07-08-2008, 03:20 AM
fyi,
Final 2007 Sagarin Ratings
NDSU 71
Middle Tennessee State U. 101
15 FSC teams ranked higher than Middle Tenn.

HerdBot
07-08-2008, 03:25 AM
Apparently Critt is taking a little more time for his decision, according to Hotzler: http://www.areavoices.com/hotzler/

That's too bad he's visiting but you can't blame a man for exploring his options. He's a nice guy so he probably told Hotzler that he's leaning torward NDSU or Tenn... it's the politically correct thing to say.

Hopefully he can see through all the HYPE and realize KSU is a below .500 team and has no chance at winning and he has more opportunities to play here and win a National Championship! If he has NFL aspirations, every scout on the planet knows about him already. We've had 7 guys go to the NFL over the last few years (Dahl, Frick,Steffes,Mays,Drago, Snell, Hunt) and we're going to get more exposure joining the Missouri Valley Conf. He's the guy who could put us over the top. Let's hope he makes the right decision! Let's hope his desire to play for a winning franchise are true and not just lip service to the press.

HerdBot
07-08-2008, 03:31 AM
that area voices site seems like kstate is almost outta the question

They haven't updated in a while.

HerdBot
07-09-2008, 02:30 AM
They haven't updated in a while.

Latest updates from Hotzler...

KSU is out of visits and it's unlikely he goes there.

It looks like Nebraska may be in the mix. That would be pretty tough to compete with, although it's going to be harder to get playing time in Nebraska than NDSU and MTS. It sounds like it's all speculation... they don't know if they have a scholarship to offer and they heard about him because another player at NDSCS went the Nebraska.

Apparently it's probably going to be between NDSU and Middle Tennessee State but he gives MTS the edge because they are closer to home in Georgia.

I wouldn't feel bad losing the guy to Nebraska but MTS? They finished 30 spots lower than us in Saragin and have no chance at winning. We're Championship contenders. They won't even make a low end bowl.

MTS has less players in the NFL than NDSU too!

MIDDLE TENNESEE STATE PLAYERS IN THE NFL - 17
http://www.databasefootball.com/players/bycollege.htm?sch=Middle+Tennessee+State+Universit y

NORTH DAKOTA STATE PLAYERS IN THE NFL- 23 (doesn't include Mays, Hunt)
http://www.databasefootball.com/players/bycollege.htm?sch=North+Dakota+State+University

Man, I hope he makes a decision soon! They sure know how to build drama.

NDSUFREAK
07-09-2008, 04:33 AM
i saw the same update....i can't imagine someone who would want to win so much go to a losing school.....

CaBisonFan
07-09-2008, 08:55 AM
i saw the same update....i can't imagine someone who would want to win so much go to a losing school.....

If his head's on straight, he could be a potential star for the Bison. My gut tells me, from reading all of this, that he's going to stay closer to home. :(

Jdubs21
07-09-2008, 11:23 AM
Yea i actually know him...he lived in the dorms last year when i went to ndscs, i wish him well wherever he goes i just hopes its ndsu :)

bisonhusker
07-09-2008, 02:32 PM
I heard today that alot of schools are in contact with him, but when they see the transcripts, they back away. This kid is bigtime! I hope we can get him and let Bohl and his staff keep his grades on the right track.

HerdBot
07-09-2008, 06:14 PM
I heard today that alot of schools are in contact with him, but when they see the transcripts, they back away. This kid is bigtime! I hope we can get him and let Bohl and his staff keep his grades on the right track.

I hope so. PLus he better move quckly because we're only a few mo away from kickoff and he has to learn an entire defense. That could limit him right away to only passing downs.

Scooter1
07-09-2008, 06:18 PM
I had the feeling that other schools would jump into the mix with this kid. I am also starting to see just why so many other schools are backing away from this guy. He seems to be all over the place when it comes to picking a school. He wants to win, yet Middle Tenn is in the mix. The guys from NDSU take football seriously. Maybe he isn't willing to work as hard as NDSU will require him to. Granted, the kid has talent, but the track record for this guy is like a huge millstone around his neck. I say good luck to him. NDSU would certainly be a good option for him because of the examples that his fellow players would set for him. I just don't see this deal happening. I hope I am wrong.

NDSUFREAK
07-09-2008, 10:21 PM
If his head's on straight, he could be a potential star for the Bison. My gut tells me, from reading all of this, that he's going to stay closer to home. :(
i felt that same way when i first read the info

Gully
07-10-2008, 01:42 AM
I think if he doesn't make up his mind soon, we might just move on. I wonder how committed he would be? He seems to change commitments more often than Herd Mentality changes his underwear.

BisBison
07-10-2008, 01:56 AM
I think if he doesn't make up his mind soon, we might just move on. I wonder how committed he would be? He seems to change commitments more often than Herd Mentality changes his underwear.

I was thinking the same thing Gully. Plus how long is this guy going to pay attention to his studies? I'm wondering if he can stay eligible.

KC Bison
07-10-2008, 12:25 PM
This story has ground to a halt. Kolpack hasn't written a thing for 9 days in his blog so who knows what is going on. I think you guys are right. This kid's ability (or desire) to remain in good graces on the academic side could be a long-term problem.

SDbison
07-10-2008, 01:23 PM
I was excited about this recruit when the news first broke, but as time has gone by I am less and less impressed. Poor grades, indecision, home sickness, and who knows what this kid would bring to the program. Sounds like the risk may not be worth taking................

westnodak93bison
07-10-2008, 01:27 PM
Sounds to me like he needs some Bison mentoring.

ndsubison1
07-10-2008, 09:11 PM
I was excited about this recruit when the news first broke, but as time has gone by I am less and less impressed. Poor grades, indecision, home sickness, and who knows what this kid would bring to the program. Sounds like the risk may not be worth taking................

cannot agree more

Jdubs21
07-12-2008, 03:48 AM
any more info on this kid?

BisonNeil
07-12-2008, 09:06 AM
This story has ground to a halt. Kolpack hasn't written a thing for 9 days in his blog so who knows what is going on. I think you guys are right. This kid's ability (or desire) to remain in good graces on the academic side could be a long-term problem.

Kolpack told me last week (July 2?) that the coaches are on vacation for three weeks, so there will be no news on Jarrett or anything else for a while unless Heath breaks it because of his small college connection.

Hansel
07-12-2008, 01:44 PM
I heard he took a dump today.... a three flusher

westnodak93bison
07-12-2008, 07:17 PM
I dont like the last comment. This board has more to offer.
Put yourself in his position. Probably one of his most important decision to date. Whatever he decides I wish him well. I could be wrong but I'd bet the Bison program can provide more positive input and mentoring than other schools mentioned.

sambini
07-12-2008, 07:34 PM
Good luck to the young man in whatever he decides.

Gully
07-12-2008, 07:57 PM
I dont like the last comment. This board has more to offer.
Put yourself in his position. Probably one of his most important decision to date. Whatever he decides I wish him well. I could be wrong but I'd bet the Bison program can provide more positive input and mentoring than other schools mentioned.

I think Hansel was just having some fun with the situation....you know....that we're all on hearing hanging on every bit of info about this kid's decision. I do not believe he meant anything negative toward the kid and I thought it was funny.

silkamilkamonico
07-13-2008, 06:08 PM
I could be wrong but I'd bet the Bison program can provide more positive input and mentoring than other schools mentioned.

All the schools have something unique to offer that the others he's deciding on don't.

bisonmike2
07-13-2008, 07:52 PM
I think Hansel was just having some fun with the situation....you know....that we're all on hearing hanging on every bit of info about this kid's decision. I do not believe he meant anything negative toward the kid and I thought it was funny.

Plus Hansel was wrong. It was only a two flusher. Jarret hasn't had a three flusher since July 2nd.

Bison Dan
07-14-2008, 08:05 PM
I think that fall camp opens up the last week of July - he'll need to make a decision soon. Hope he makes the right one !!

OldBison
07-14-2008, 08:28 PM
It looks like Nebraska may be in the mix. That would be pretty tough to compete with, although it's going to be harder to get playing time in Nebraska than NDSU and MTS. It sounds like it's all speculation... they don't know if they have a scholarship to offer and they heard about him because another player at NDSCS went the Nebraska

It looks like Nebraska could use the help on the D-line according to SportingNews:

The defense remains a work in progress. Nebraska has moved Cody Glenn from running back to linebacker, and the unit has plenty of question marks beginning with its pass rush. Ends Barry Turner and Zach Potter need to step up, as does tackle Ndamukong Suh, who is recovering from knee surgery. The Huskers ranked last in the Big 12 with 13 sacks in 2007.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=434431

Mr. Burgundy
07-15-2008, 02:02 AM
My "contact" at Nebraska told me that they like him, and he is easily good enough, but they looked at his transcript and said no thanks.

Jdubs21
07-15-2008, 02:17 AM
Most players from NDSCS are going to have issues with their grades and background checks...as a graduate of wahp and having lived in the dorms there is alot of attitude problems and laziness in the classroom

SirHinn
07-15-2008, 04:37 AM

Yet if he ends up at NDSU, most the people on this board would have claimed he's a potential NFLer. The issue about bad character and horrible grades only seems to be brought up after he chooses not to attend the school. Like I said earlier, there are numerous reasons why he's not going to Clemson. It's certainly not due to lack of talent. Good solid post!

Jdubs21
07-15-2008, 11:31 AM
Yet if he ends up at NDSU, most the people on this board would have claimed he's a potential NFLer. The issue about bad character and horrible grades only seems to be brought up after he chooses not to attend the school. Like I said earlier, there are numerous reasons why he's not going to Clemson. It's certainly not due to lack of talent. Good solid post!

haha go back and read some of the other post...there are alot of mixed emotions on this kid, i wish him the best wherever he ends up, but if he chooses NDSu and isnt gonna put all of his potential into it i'd rather use the scholly on someone else

OnTheFifty
07-15-2008, 12:54 PM
This might help NDSU's chances with Crittenton.

K-State is after a JUCO DL recruit Tim Mcgee that signed with Minnesota, but did not get accepted by admissions...I would think it would be one or the other for K-State.

http://minnesota.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=65790&sport=1

lakesbison
07-15-2008, 03:00 PM
Got Stopped by a policeman in Fargo last night... had a brief chat with him, he saw my NDSU teammakers stickers and asked me "hey, are they going to get that Crittenton kid from Science School??"

wow.. NDSU is going BIG TIME when a police officer starts talkin about it on a routine traffic stop... ha haha ha

aces1180
07-15-2008, 03:43 PM
Got Stopped by a policeman in Fargo last night... had a brief chat with him, he saw my NDSU teammakers stickers and asked me "hey, are they going to get that Crittenton kid from Science School??"

wow.. NDSU is going BIG TIME when a police officer starts talkin about it on a routine traffic stop... ha haha ha

This one is too easy...Something about soliciting tranny hookers in Island Park.

bisonmike2
07-15-2008, 04:08 PM
This one is too easy...Something about soliciting tranny hookers in Island Park.

Ha! I was going to add something like:

"So I'm talking to Bubba in my cell, you know after I got arrested friday night for soliciting a tranny hooker in Island Park. Anyway, right before he's going to violate my manhood he notices that I'm wearing NDSU underwear as says to me, "how 'bout them bison?". Anyway you know Bison football is big when your burley cell mate is concerned if Nick Mertens can take over for Steve Walker."

lakesbison
07-15-2008, 04:57 PM
glad I can amuse you.

TransAmBison
07-15-2008, 05:13 PM
glad I can amuse you.
That's all you had to say to Bubba? :rofl:

bisonmike2
07-15-2008, 05:23 PM
glad I can amuse you.

Thanks lakes.

OldBison
07-15-2008, 05:32 PM
This might help NDSU's chances with Crittenton.

K-State is after a JUCO DL recruit Tim Mcgee that signed with Minnesota, but did not get accepted by admissions...I would think it would be one or the other for K-State.

http://minnesota.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=65790&sport=1

The bloggers on the GoopherHole were pretty bummed when McGee didn't qualify. He was a top 10 JUCO prospect according to them and Punky personally pointed to him as one of the most important individuals he recruited that would make a significant impact in 2008. He would be a huge get for K-State that has problems all along their DL.

met1990
07-15-2008, 07:07 PM
http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=208297

Bison bison
07-15-2008, 07:07 PM
Crittendon selected MTSU..................

Bison"FANatic"
07-15-2008, 07:13 PM
Thats to bad. It must have been a tough decision stay close to home and lose or be farther away and win. He would have been a great addition but the players we have can also play well.

I hope the kid gets a degree down there but I wonder if his plan is to play a year and then enter the draft. He wouldn't have to worry about grades as much then.

UTH
07-15-2008, 07:33 PM
glad I can amuse you.

It might be time for a new avatar, Mr. Lakes...

Please don't ever change
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/Chunksmilinggoonies.jpg

*you guys'll never believe me. there was two cop cars, okay? and they were chasing this four-wheel deal, this real neat ORV, and there were bullets flying all over the place. it was the most amazing thing I ever saw...

aces1180
07-15-2008, 07:40 PM
Finally this thread can die!

TransAmBison
07-15-2008, 07:40 PM
Am I the only person wondering if this kid choosing another school had something to do with Lakes' previously mentioned arrest? Hmmmm???? Don't think I want to know any more.

Bisonguy
07-15-2008, 11:24 PM
We can close this thread- he chose Middle Tennessee State so he could be close to home.

Jdubs21
07-15-2008, 11:34 PM
best of luck to u sir!

NDSUFREAK
07-15-2008, 11:40 PM
it would be interesting to see his thoughts of his decision a year from now when MTSU doesn't win. Seems like a great player going to a bad school..

Bisonguy
07-15-2008, 11:53 PM
Just so it's on this page, as well- WDAY talked to the coach at NDSCS today, and he stated that Jarrett will be attending Middle Tennessee State so he could be closer to family. The coach was disappointed, as he thought Jarrett would have made more of a business-like decision.

Montana Bison
07-16-2008, 12:10 AM
We'll see if his grades hold up, good luck.

silkamilkamonico
07-16-2008, 05:17 AM
it would be interesting to see his thoughts of his decision a year from now when MTSU doesn't win. Seems like a great player going to a bad school..

MTSU has never won.

The dude wants to play close to home where his family and friends can watch him.

I can respect, and understand, his decision.

SDbison
07-16-2008, 02:57 PM
MTSU has never won.

The dude wants to play close to home where his family and friends can watch him.

I can respect, and understand, his decision.
hmmmmmmmm..........is that why kids of this generation play sports, so that friends and family can watch them? I always thought 99% of it was about playing a sport you love, setting goals and achieving them, and meeting challenges that competition brings throughout a season. Not to mention being part of something with other players on your team.
I guess the fact that present day parents feel they must go to 100% of their kids games has raised this need or expectation! This was not the norm when I grew up. If a parent made it to 50% of the baseball, football or hockey games that was doing pretty good.
More likely this dude just wanted to be closer to family and friends outside of football. Hopefully they will not be more of a distraction to his focus on grades and instead encourage him to study.
This guy gets a pass from me, but I still think he is making a mistake. As for the kid from ND who went to Nebraska.....I don't care about him anymore......he lost his chance to be part of a great D1 program in his own state.

silkamilkamonico
07-16-2008, 09:21 PM
hmmmmmmmm..........is that why kids of this generation play sports, so that friends and family can watch them? I always thought 99% of it was about playing a sport you love, setting goals and achieving them, and meeting challenges that competition brings throughout a season. Not to mention being part of something with other players on your team.
I guess the fact that present day parents feel they must go to 100% of their kids games has raised this need or expectation! This was not the norm when I grew up. If a parent made it to 50% of the baseball, football or hockey games that was doing pretty good.
More likely this dude just wanted to be closer to family and friends outside of football. Hopefully they will not be more of a distraction to his focus on grades and instead encourage him to study.
This guy gets a pass from me, but I still think he is making a mistake. As for the kid from ND who went to Nebraska.....I don't care about him anymore......he lost his chance to be part of a great D1 program in his own state.

You're the same guy that stated Qvale should consider NDSU first because of his family.

Please don't tell me you're assuming the priorities of a collegiate athlete for him, by the past and upbringing that you were exposed too.

Wait, that's exactly what you're doing.

SDbison
07-16-2008, 10:06 PM
I also stated Qvale would be playing in front of people from his own state and would get much publicity if he turned out to be a big deal.
For Crittenton, moving back nearer to home to play in front of his family at a crappy FBS school is another story. Also, I really believe he was just homesick and wanted to be closer to home in general.
If the case is as your were saying, I feel sorry for any college athlete who would list one of the primary reasons for playing a sport is because their family watches them.

silkamilkamonico
07-16-2008, 11:06 PM
If the case is as your were saying, I feel sorry for any college athlete who would list one of the primary reasons for playing a sport is because their family watches them.

Good point. Who wants to play in front of their family and friends in a home game atmosphere a few times a season....

SDbison
07-17-2008, 03:24 AM
Good point. Who wants to play in front of their family and friends in a home game atmosphere a few times a season....
I think everybody else on this board understands what my point is dumass. You are trying to twist what I am saying.
Players PRIMARILY play because of their passion for a sport, not because there are people watching them. You are cracking me up if you think the opposite, except in a few extreme cases.

HerdBot
07-17-2008, 04:04 AM
I think everybody else on this board understands what my point is dumass. You are trying to twist what I am saying.
Players PRIMARILY play because of their passion for a sport, not because there are people watching them. You are cracking me up if you think the opposite, except in a few extreme cases.

Agreed. He may not be as passionate about football as we think. Am I the only one who is surprised he has never played for a winning team and has no desire to join one? His passion for his family/friends was more important than the chance to win and be successful. And he must not have NFL aspirations because I couldn't think of a worse choice than MTS. They have less NFL players than us and don't even make the local news, much less national.

TheDoctor
07-17-2008, 04:19 AM

Come on SD.....relax on the cussing! ;)

silkamilkamonico
07-17-2008, 04:24 AM

Don't get ahead of yourself here.

I simply stated an opinion on him making a decision based on his friends and family.

You then quoted me saying something about "hmmmmmmmm..........is that why kids of this generation play sports, so that friends and family can watch them? I always thought 99% of it was about playing a sport you love, setting goals and achieving them, and meeting challenges that competition brings throughout a season. Not to mention being part of something with other players on your team."...

You then made a statement saying you felt sorry about anyone who wants to primarily play close to their friends and family(Qvale), which IMHO is an absurd speculation.

I also love how him choosing MTSU over NDSU means he might not have the passion we thought he did, or even better having no desire to play for one, as if all of a sudden he never considered NDSU all along.

56BISON73
07-17-2008, 04:43 AM
Or may be he just got tired of freezing his ass off in ND. :D PL

sambini
07-17-2008, 04:49 AM
And he wanted home cooked southern food.

56BISON73
07-17-2008, 05:32 AM
Its really funny when someone mentions a kid is looking at NDSU people get all excited. But when he chooses another school they have nothing good to say about him and question his work ethic, scholastics and motives. Geez. PL

SDbison
07-17-2008, 12:35 PM
Don't get ahead of yourself here.

I simply stated an opinion on him making a decision based on his friends and family.

You then quoted me saying something about "hmmmmmmmm..........is that why kids of this generation play sports, so that friends and family can watch them? I always thought 99% of it was about playing a sport you love, setting goals and achieving them, and meeting challenges that competition brings throughout a season. Not to mention being part of something with other players on your team."...

You then made a statement saying you felt sorry about anyone who wants to primarily play close to their friends and family(Qvale), which IMHO is an absurd speculation.

I also love how him choosing MTSU over NDSU means he might not have the passion we thought he did, or even better having no desire to play for one, as if all of a sudden he never considered NDSU all along.
There ya go again Silk misquoting what I said......here is the actual quote from the previous page of this thread. Takes on a different meaning if you actually read and comment on what I really said:

mebisonII
07-17-2008, 12:44 PM
Its really funny when someone mentions a kid is looking at NDSU people get all excited. But when he chooses another school they have nothing good to say about him and question his work ethic, scholastics and motives. Geez. PL

I agree. He's not coming to NDSU, he's not going to one of our opponents, so he's not really our concern anymore. Is it about time to lock this thread, rather than continue to do psychological analysis of his decisions?

CarringtonBison
07-17-2008, 01:32 PM
Agreed, he chose another school who is not on the schedule, so this thread should just go away forever

OldBison
07-17-2008, 01:49 PM
Administrators are a little bit like police officers, never one when you need one:p

mebisonII
07-17-2008, 01:57 PM
Administrators are a little bit like police officers, never one when you need one:p

Tony loves donuts??

:)

UTH
07-17-2008, 03:24 PM

Seems to me that every individual has been consistent in his opinion. There was a healthy debate on the issues you describe and it seems to me that nobody's changed his mind throughout the whole painful ordeal. Like Mr. Bisonguy said, it's good that this thread can now die. On to the next greatest topic...

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/42.jpg
Days until the march is on!!!

*42 days, 8 hours, 34 minutes, actually, but then again, who's counting?

silkamilkamonico
07-17-2008, 04:57 PM
There ya go again Silk misquoting what I said......here is the actual quote from the previous page of this thread. Takes on a different meaning if you actually read and comment on what I really said:

Great argument. I'm sure "primarily playing close to home where their family and friends can watch them" is the only irrelevant positive it has going for him. Nevermind the fact that it's only 1200 miles closer to where he grew up, and an astounding 200 miles to where his family lives, which probably means he can go home every other weekend if he wants too.

TransAmBison
07-17-2008, 05:14 PM
Great argument. I'm sure "primarily playing close to home where their family and friends can watch them" is the only irrelevant positive it has going for him. Nevermind the fact that it's only 1200 miles closer to where he grew up, and an astounding 200 miles to where his family lives, which probably means he can go home every other weekend if he wants too.
There is a reason right there not to go there! :D :D :D :D *

*Seriously guys...do you really want to argue about this?

westnodak93bison
10-21-2008, 11:00 PM
Apparently we didnt miss out on anything with this player. Doesnt look like he has played.

BisonNeil
10-21-2008, 11:23 PM
Apparently we didnt miss out on anything with this player. Doesnt look like he has played.

I believe they red-shirted him.

msvjcpa
10-22-2008, 12:43 PM
What would WE have done with him? As it is our backup RF D-Ends are outplaying our senior starters and they still only get about 25% of the downs. Go figure...