PDA

View Full Version : Woody!!!

lakesbison
06-23-2008, 09:55 PM
NDSU's own Ben Woodside was golfing with Pat Maris's group today at Edgewood in the Roger Maris tourney..

talked to woody, he was just jacked to play with them!

What an honor!! Can you say "BIG TIMIN !!! "

maybe someone can post their scores.

SirHinn
06-23-2008, 10:59 PM
NDSU's own Ben Woodside was golfing with Pat Maris's group today at Edgewood in the Roger Maris tourney..

talked to woody, he was just jacked to play with them!

What an honor!! Can you say "BIG TIMIN !!! "

maybe someone can post their scores.

Woody was a class act as he always is. I'm just suprised that they don't get more Bison athletes and coaches to play in the event. You'd think you would try and get Saul, Winks, maybe even Wisconsin's head coach, or even Craig Bohl and other notable local celebrities.
Just don't point out that you "talking" with Common at the same event was annoying him beyond belief.

sambini
06-24-2008, 11:41 AM
Lakes what did you shoot?

lakesbison
06-24-2008, 03:23 PM
not good...I gotta learn how to chip.....

but COMMON MAN shot a 80!! dude is a GAMER!!

MN_BISON
06-24-2008, 03:40 PM
I thought it was a six man scramble. Did they change it?

sambini
06-24-2008, 07:49 PM
It was a sramble.

MN_BISON
06-24-2008, 08:44 PM
It was a sramble.

That's what I thought. Maybe I'm missing something here, but why would Lakes reports that Common shot an 80 if it was a scramble.:confused: Maybe Common played a round before the tournament started and Lakes was his looper. ;)

Bison bison
06-24-2008, 08:57 PM
looper? or human pooper scooper?

sambini
06-24-2008, 11:18 PM
Lakes was his caddie?

56BISON73
06-24-2008, 11:44 PM
Lakes was his caddie?

The bag is bigger than he is.:D PL

CarringtonBison
06-25-2008, 03:24 AM
That's what I thought. Maybe I'm missing something here, but why would Lakes reports that Common shot an 80 if it was a scramble.:confused: Maybe Common played a round before the tournament started and Lakes was his looper. ;)

looper or fluffer??

lakesbison
06-25-2008, 01:20 PM
Sorry... i was out.

Common Man shot that at Moorhead Country Club in the morning...

TheDoctor
06-28-2008, 02:46 AM
The bag is bigger than he is.:D PL

It's definitely taller!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (without the clubs in it) ;)

sambini
06-28-2008, 01:34 PM
Sorry... i was out.

Common Man shot that at Moorhead Country Club in the morning...
We need to get the Common man to play in the Bison Open at FCC in september.

Trim
06-28-2008, 06:10 PM
We need to get the Common man to play in the Bison Open at FCC in september.

I think you're on to something there Sambini.

sambini
06-28-2008, 08:01 PM
Lakes can you get this done?

lakesbison
06-29-2008, 01:04 AM
ill make a few calls.

talked to woody on thursday, he is pumped for his overseas basketball trip... we should probably turn this thread into that.

get some stats on him once he starts "ballin" over there!!

GO WOODY!

TheDoctor
06-29-2008, 05:48 AM
ill make a few calls.

talked to woody on thursday, he is pumped for his overseas basketball trip... we should probably turn this thread into that.

get some stats on him once he starts "ballin" over there!!

GO WOODY!

Get Winks's stats as well. ;)

DORMIE
07-02-2008, 06:01 PM
I met Common at the Maris and actually gave him directions out of town as I was putting my stuff away after the tourmanent. He did mention that he did shoot 80. He must have done that on Sunday afternoon or at a different course on Monday AM, however I kind of doubt it as he was at Edgesood before noow when Jeff was still on. Woody played with Roger Maris Jr. and a team from West Acres including Rusty Pappachek, who he is friends with. Pat Maris does not play golf, she just rides around in a cart. I know this because I run the tournament.

mebisonII
07-02-2008, 06:59 PM
I met Common at the Maris and actually gave him directions out of town as I was putting my stuff away after the tourmanent. He did mention that he did shoot 80. He must have done that on Sunday afternoon or at a different course on Monday AM, however I kind of doubt it as he was at Edgesood before noow when Jeff was still on. Woody played with Roger Maris Jr. and a team from West Acres including Rusty Pappachek, who he is friends with. Pat Maris does not play golf, she just rides around in a cart. I know this because I run the tournament.

Oh, so that's what credibility sounds like. ;)

CarringtonBison
07-02-2008, 07:24 PM
I know this because I run the tournament.

I also heard that your apartment smells of mahogany and you have many leatherboud books :)

sambini
07-02-2008, 07:27 PM
I met Common at the Maris and actually gave him directions out of town as I was putting my stuff away after the tourmanent. He did mention that he did shoot 80. He must have done that on Sunday afternoon or at a different course on Monday AM, however I kind of doubt it as he was at Edgesood before noow when Jeff was still on. Woody played with Roger Maris Jr. and a team from West Acres including Rusty Pappachek, who he is friends with. Pat Maris does not play golf, she just rides around in a cart. I know this because I run the tournament. Hats off
Dormie job well done++++++++++++++++++++

56BISON73
07-02-2008, 08:39 PM
Who is Woody??? and Who is Common man??? PL

aces1180
07-02-2008, 08:44 PM

Ben Woodside - One of NDSU's stud basketball players

Dan Cole, The Common Man - Noon to 2pm host of The Fan, an all-sports radio station based in Minneapolis but broadcast in Fargo...Dan Hammer actually took his time slot in the Fargo market.

bisonmike2
07-02-2008, 08:53 PM
I also heard that your apartment smells of mahogany and you have many leatherboud books :)

I don't know how to put this but he's kind of a big deal.

lakesbison
07-02-2008, 11:43 PM
CLUELESS MEET PLBISON73...

W O W.. i for once am speechless.

56BISON73
07-03-2008, 12:01 AM
CLUELESS MEET PLBISON73...

W O W.. i for once am speechless.

I doubt you are speechless. Why does that surprise you??? I dont follow BB and I dont live in the area to know who has been doing the Bison games. PL

bisongirl
07-03-2008, 12:38 AM
I don't know how to put this but he's kind of a big deal.

He needs a shirt like this. :D
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk250/bisongirl/DoubleCoveragelow.jpg

p.s for those of you that ordered the new Tailgating Traditions Cookbook that is coming out, this is one of the pages from it.

SirHinn
07-03-2008, 12:38 AM
I doubt you are speechless. Why does that surprise you??? I dont follow BB and I dont live in the area to know who has been doing the Bison games. PL

You've got 2000 posts and you seriously don't know who Ben Woodside is? Have you ventured outside of the football forum at all? Is this the first time you've been in the men's basketball forum?

TheDoctor
07-03-2008, 05:36 AM
You've got 2000 posts and you seriously don't know who Ben Woodside is? Have you ventured outside of the football forum at all? Is this the first time you've been in the men's basketball forum?

Well lets get him up to speed on what Woody and Winks for that matter are up to this summer! ;)

http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/207018

lakesbison
07-03-2008, 01:08 PM
PL..... i seroiusly NEVER thought someone with NDSU ties hasn't heard of WOODY...

its all goooooooooooooooooood!!!

HAVE FUN IN TAIPAI BOYS!

bisonhusker
07-03-2008, 02:58 PM
PL......I know you are a rockstar Bison football fan, but we need you to come on over and fall in love with the hoopers as well. We don't need the "We have hockey" mentality at NDSU. Hop on the bandwagon. NDSU hoops is going to be blow up this year!!!!!

TheDoctor
07-03-2008, 06:17 PM
PL......I know you are a rockstar Bison football fan, but we need you to come on over and fall in love with the hoopers as well. We don't need the "We have hockey" mentality at NDSU. Hop on the bandwagon. NDSU hoops is going to be blow up this year!!!!!

I may need to run and hide before I say this, but I am actually looking more forward to basketball than football this year. The boys are seniors, we got Flowers coming in, and the conference tourney in a nice drive to Sioux Falls-- can you say live on ESPN? ;)

56BISON73
07-03-2008, 07:40 PM
Well lets get him up to speed on what Woody and Winks for that matter are up to this summer! ;)

http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/207018

Oh that Woody. Of course Ive heard of him. He is a house hold name down here in Arkansas. :D :D :D :D
J/K Thanks for the info!!!
PL

56BISON73
07-03-2008, 07:47 PM

I enjoy watching COLLEGE hoops every now and then but just dont really follow it as much as FB. As a matter of fact I even went to a Bison VB game last year when I was in Fargo. Thanks to Roadwarrior who suppied the invite and a ticket. Really enjoyed myself and enjoyed the games.

If Im up around fargo when BB season is on I will look to attend a game.

FYI
I played the role of Thunder for 2 BB games when I was a student. Damn that old suit was scratchy and hot. PL

mebisonII
07-03-2008, 08:08 PM
I enjoy watching COLLEGE hoops every now and then but just dont really follow it as much as FB. As a matter of fact I even went to a Bison VB game last year when I was in Fargo. Thanks to Roadwarrior who suppied the invite and a ticket. Really enjoyed myself and enjoyed the games.

If Im up around fargo when BB season is on I will look to attend a game.

FYI
I played the role of Thunder for 2 BB games when I was a student. Damn that old suit was scratchy and hot. PL

Automatic rep points for anyone who has been Thundar...that's just cool! :nod:

Jdubs21
07-08-2008, 01:49 AM
good luck woody!!