PDA

View Full Version : Badlands Bowl OUCH

4mcruenomore
06-22-2008, 03:26 AM
54-14 Montana, if I saw that right. Time for some better coaching, and some recruitment, i.e. getting all the kids that are selected PLAYING. Not pointing fingers, but.....the states best runningback.. The QB from Billings must be a beast, some talent over there this year.

Jdubs21
06-22-2008, 03:31 AM
i hope that was a typo for the score....otherwise thats an embarrassment

lakesbison
06-22-2008, 03:31 AM
saw that... didnt really wanna mention it... *sniff*

4mcruenomore
06-22-2008, 03:38 AM
We got taken out back and.....They own us on the series, we need some coaches to get these kids to play IMO. Maybe Kevin will coach next year.

silkamilkamonico
06-22-2008, 03:56 AM
I believe there's just flat out better talent in Montana. Just my humble opinion. I'm certainly not going to argue with blowout scores like that though. That's just unacceptable regardless of who's coaching. Make some plays out there.

MinotBison
06-22-2008, 04:00 AM
Stats-wise, how did Wentz do? I heard Montana had 2 INT's for TDs.

Scooter1
06-22-2008, 12:23 PM
I believe there's just flat out better talent in Montana. Just my humble opinion. I'm certainly not going to argue with blowout scores like that though. That's just unacceptable regardless of who's coaching. Make some plays out there.

Maybe you are right. I think that a bigger factor is that the population of Montana is about 320000 more than the state of North Dakota. All things being equal, Montana should have 50% more playmakers than North Dakota since 320000 is about half of the population of North Dakota. This same fact is why we MUST continue to recruit on a national level. We just don't have the numbers.

Herd
06-22-2008, 02:48 PM
Didn't ND blowout MT last year? Let's not jump off the cliff.

Bisonguy
06-22-2008, 03:01 PM
Didn't ND blowout MT last year? Let's not jump off the cliff.

30-21 is pretty far form a blowout.

Here's all the scores- Badlands Bowl History (http://www.badlandsbowl.com/BadlandsBowlHistory.htm)

tjbison
06-22-2008, 03:53 PM

I don't think its a fact of WAY better talent, I would question weather ND had the Best players on the field, or do the Montana kids just care more about the game:hide: If you compare Population Billings the largest city, has less population than F-M-WF, if that comparison were true then Fargo South, Fargo North would pound any team from Montana. Personally I would like to see the Ultimate Challenge, Put the State Champion of AAA, AA, A and 9-man in ND against the same class (whtever they are called) from Montana, I think the Fargo South team of the past couple years would stand a pretty good shot at the Montana Champ. Just my opinion

silkamilkamonico
06-22-2008, 04:12 PM
I don't think its a fact of WAY better talent, I would question weather ND had the Best players on the field, or do the Montana kids just care more about the game:hide: If you compare Population Billings the largest city, has less population than F-M-WF, if that comparison were true then Fargo South, Fargo North would pound any team from Montana. Personally I would like to see the Ultimate Challenge, Put the State Champion of AAA, AA, A and 9-man in ND against the same class (whtever they are called) from Montana, I think the Fargo South team of the past couple years would stand a pretty good shot at the Montana Champ. Just my opinion

I think the arguments made about ND could be the same for Montana. Maybe ND didn't have the best kids on the field, I'm sure Montana probably didn't have some of their better athletes as well. I don't think population of citys/schools has anything to do with it. I would imagine football being played at this time, both states don't get their best players. I'm not so sure I believe South beating the champs at all, and I'm not sure it's even a relevant argument. South is a very good program, it's just unfortunate for them that they will cease to exist like that when they will be forced to divide teams in 2 years. They continue to face inferior talent across the state, and they have just as many if not more/twice as more, numbers that any other schools. That isn't going to be the case when comparing the State's All Star teams

CaBisonFan
06-22-2008, 06:32 PM

When I taught in Great Falls, and had the band at the games, I saw a lot of medium-sized cities bring in teams that were loaded, and breathing fire. They seem to have more mid-sized cities that are far from others, so the football team is a central focus of the community. Just an observation. I don't think it's necessarily talent, but they 'do' grow a lot of big boys in Montana. The programs are very strong.

NDSUFREAK
06-22-2008, 06:36 PM
Josh didn't play?

4mcruenomore
06-23-2008, 03:53 AM
Josh didn't play, as well as a couple of others.

ndsubison1
06-23-2008, 06:18 AM
Population isn't the only factor but it is a big one. Football is king in Montana, North Dakota it is pretty big but not so much. Although we do have some premier athletes but Montana usually has more depth than ND does which goes back to the population thing. Competition also comes to mind as well, how many more schools are there in Montana? Plus as mentioned before there are more middle sized towns, so competition probably has something to do with it. Coaching could be part of it but only a minor minuscle part.

TheBisonator
06-24-2008, 12:20 AM
You guys made good points on the populations, and especially the mid-sized town argument. If you look at the lists of towns between 5,000-15,000 people in either state, you'll see Montana has waaaay more.

North Dakota:

Valley City
Devils Lake
Wahpeton
Williston
(Jamestown and Dickinson have a little more than 15K)

Montana:

Havre
Miles City
Livingston
Laurel
Belgrade
Anaconda
Dillon
Lewistown
Sidney
Polson
East Helena
Glendive (is close)

westnodak93bison
06-26-2008, 01:04 AM
Also, some of our good athletes play hockey and not football.
I doubt MT has organized hockey.

BlueBisonRock
06-26-2008, 02:26 AM
Also, some of our good athletes play hockey and not football.
I doubt MT has organized hockey.

OMG Now we have hockey! :D

imabison
06-26-2008, 03:11 AM
What when was that announced?

My thoughts exactly!!!!

4mcruenomore
06-26-2008, 03:45 AM
Yeah, Hockey is HUGE through out ND, I'll inform Bryan Sandy and his brother and his dad. LMFAO

UTH
06-26-2008, 05:22 AM

No worries. It's just teh Pennsylvania hockeys that really matter around here...

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/johnbelushianimalhousejackdanielswh.jpg

*no worries - Bisonville should survive

roper1313
06-26-2008, 02:28 PM
I didn't play football in HS, but IMO it be really hard to get up for a HS football game in the middle of the summer, 9 months after your season has ended. Plus, those who are college bound may not want to play or be woried to play at full speed to avoid an injury that would hamper their chances at playing as a freshman.

How pissed would we all be if we lost a stud recruit to a mid-summer HS all-star game?

Maybe I'm just a killjoy, but I've never understood the reason for all of these all-star games for seniors in the summer after they have graduated.

imported_Bisongold
06-26-2008, 05:40 PM
I remember hearing from a Montana fan at one of the games I attended that the Montana team is together quite a bit longer before the game with ND. As I recall, they have a game with another state or something like that. That would be a huge advantage, as ND has very little time to prepare. Perhaps someone that knows the specifics better than me could elaborate, as my memory is not that great.