PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts about the 2008 Summit League

Blue
06-21-2008, 06:33 PM
Having been laid up for most of the week due to a burst appendix, I have had a lot of time to work on a story for the 2008 Summit League Volleyball Season.

My thoughts on the Summit League:
1. NDSU - Leadership + Lopez's = Success
2. Oral Roberts - Foreign Recruiting Success Continues
3. Western Illinois - McKay's young team could push them towards the top
4. IPFW - The thought of the end of 2007 haunts them
5. Oakland - Success appears to be in the near future
6. IUPUI - Mediocre seems to be the path of the Jags
7. UMKC - Like their unathletic mascot, the Roos appear to be lacking in the talent
8. SDSU - Angner leads the Jacks, but who will be the supporting cast
9. Centenary - The struggle continues

Obviously, I think ORU and NDSU should be at the top of the class this year, with Western close behind. IPFW has to find a good way to close out their seasons or they will be stuck on the outside looking in. The Jacks are not in good shape, they have lost some underclassmen and schedule has yet to be completed. Goodnight returns to help lead the Jags this year. Oakland's depth could be quite scary for fom opponents this year. UMKC just can't impress me no matter how ugly their uniforms are. The Catahoulas of Centenary might have depth and many freshmen, but not much else.
We'll see what happens between now and December.
UPDATED:
Jacks have lost Emily Rooney and Annie Adams to Washington State.

silkamilkamonico
06-22-2008, 04:14 AM
Centenary has 1 senior, and 11 freshmen. That's an enigma of an athletic roster if I've ever seen one.

sambini
06-22-2008, 09:29 PM
My thoughts on the Summit League:
1. NDSU - Leadership + Lopez's = Success
2. Oral Roberts - Foreign Recruiting Success Continues
3. Western Illinois - McKay's young team could push them towards the top
4. IPFW - The thought of the end of 2007 haunts them
5. SDSU - Anger and Rooney lead the Jacks, but who will be the supporting cast
6. Oakland - Success appears to be in the near future
7. IUPUI - Medicore seems to be the path of the Jags
8. UMKC - Like their unathletic mascot, the Roos appear to be lacking in the talent
9. Centenary - The struggle continues

Obviously, I think ORU and NDSU should be at the top of the class this year, with Western close behind. IPFW has to find a good way to close out their seasons or they will be stuck on the outside looking in. The Jacks have the big unknown, as most of their roster and schedule has yet to be completed. Goodnight returns to help lead the Jags this year. Oakland's depth could be quite scary for fom opponents this year. UMKC just can't impress me no matter how ugly their uniforms are. The Catahoulas of Centenary might have depth and many freshmen, but not much else.
We'll see what happens between now and December. Thanks for your insight Blue.

BlueKeyAlum
08-19-2008, 12:13 PM
Coaches Poll has the Bison third, behind Oral ROberts and IPFW.

http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/211957