06-19-2008, 10:19 PM
http://www.thedickinsonpress.com/articles/index.cfm?id=15886&section=sports

good little article

CaBisonFan
06-19-2008, 11:22 PM
What kind of an athlete is Wentz?

Size, speed, arm strength, etc?

Could he be our future QB?

How about the other kid mentioned? Did we offer him anything?

westnodak93bison
06-20-2008, 12:14 PM
ZACH WENTZ, QUARTERBACK, 6-2, 205, Bismarck, N.D. (Century H.S.)--All-state quarterback for head coach Ron Wingenbach at Century High School

http://www.kxma.com/Sports/Baseball/High%20School/243130.asp

I've also heard he is a pretty good student.

ndsubison1
06-20-2008, 07:02 PM
What kind of an athlete is Wentz?

Size, speed, arm strength, etc?

Could he be our future QB?

How about the other kid mentioned? Did we offer him anything?

Tremendous athlete, as we know great football and baseball player. But was also a great hockey player until he tore his acl (mcl?) his junior year, so he didn't play his junior or senior year.

I would say okay speed, nothing that sticks out. Probably has the typical speed of most QB's. Good size he's about 6'3 I would say, a lot of upside. Great arm strength and I don't think anyone will or can question his arm strength, plus he can throw a baseball in the upper 80's.

Don't know much about the other kid.

westnodak93bison
06-20-2008, 07:35 PM
I've heard he is class room smart, how that will translate to the fcs football field we shall see.

Jdubs21
06-20-2008, 11:56 PM
Good luck future bison!

Sun Bison
06-22-2008, 12:06 AM
Dang, I didn't know my Century High was becoming successful in athlethics let alone in football. Go Patriots!

Even if they lost to Fargo South it looked like they were better than BHS for once. :)

Even if BHS went to the championship.. :hide:

alright, enough qualifiers.

CaBisonFan
06-22-2008, 02:03 AM
ZACH WENTZ, QUARTERBACK, 6-2, 205, Bismarck, N.D. (Century H.S.)--All-state quarterback for head coach Ron Wingenbach at Century High School

http://www.kxma.com/Sports/Baseball/High%20School/243130.asp

I've also heard he is a pretty good student.

Looks to me like someone that could lead the Bison. We'll need a 'heady' quarterback to go to the championship level. With Mertens being the starter, it looks to me like we have two true freshmen that 'could' step in if they had to.

I know it's not the greatest situation for the team, or the kids, but it looks an awful lot like either Wentz or Mohler will pull their redshirt. Not sure about who else available though.

Thanks

CaBisonFan
06-22-2008, 02:05 AM
Tremendous athlete, as we know great football and baseball player. But was also a great hockey player until he tore his acl (mcl?) his junior year, so he didn't play his junior or senior year.

I would say okay speed, nothing that sticks out. Probably has the typical speed of most QB's. Good size he's about 6'3 I would say, a lot of upside. Great arm strength and I don't think anyone will or can question his arm strength, plus he can throw a baseball in the upper 80's.

Don't know much about the other kid.

Thanks for the info wing. I would say that over-all, we have a good situation at QB. The missing piece would be the #2 guy that is a sophomore or junior. Too bad that we lost Parsons & (name ???).

No offense, just can't recall his name right now.

It would be 'really' nice if Parsons changed his mind.

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
06-22-2008, 03:40 PM
Looks to me like someone that could lead the Bison. We'll need a 'heady' quarterback to go to the championship level. With Mertens being the starter, it looks to me like we have two true freshmen that 'could' step in if they had to.

I know it's not the greatest situation for the team, or the kids, but it looks an awful lot like either Wentz or Mohler will pull their redshirt. Not sure about who else available though.

Thanks

Why would Wentz or Mohler need to pull their redshirt? An injury to Mertens is the only reason this would be necessary. Mohler & Wentz can serve as the backup and 3rd string respectfully, as long as they dont play in a game they can keep their redshirt.

If one of them has their redshirt pulled in 2008, they could potentially redshirt in 2009. This scenario would allow both Wentz & Mohler to have three years of elegibilty in 2010.

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
06-22-2008, 03:43 PM
Thanks for the info wing. I would say that over-all, we have a good situation at QB. The missing piece would be the #2 guy that is a sophomore or junior. Too bad that we lost Parsons & (name ???).

No offense, just can't recall his name right now.

It would be 'really' nice if Parsons changed his mind.

I assume you are talking about Mitch Brecke.
Parsons would have been a nice player to have around this year. He was a nice addition to the receiving corps last year. He would have been even better this year and could have served as the emergency backup QB.