PDA

View Full Version : What teams have we seen in the playoffs over the years? Also, comments & memories.

CaBisonFan
06-19-2008, 05:48 PM
Waddya think?

tony
06-19-2008, 06:08 PM
Actually, one of my complaints about D2 was that a southern team NEVER came to Fargo for a playoff game even though they should have... oh, maybe you were thinking of NE Missouri? They're Truman State now.

http://www.bisonville.com/zf000039.html

KC Bison
06-20-2008, 12:26 AM
I was sort of glad that the Bison came south for games. I got to see them in playoff games, once at Pittsburg State and once at N.W. Missouri. We had leads late in both games and lost. Those were bitter defeats so it certainly took the fun out of seeing the games. I guess I was willing to give up seeing the games if we could win. I had to take crap at work for while after those defeats too.

CaBisonFan
06-20-2008, 01:31 AM
I was sort of glad that the Bison came south for games. I got to see them in playoff games, once at Pittsburg State and once at N.W. Missouri. We had leads late in both games and lost. Those were bitter defeats so it certainly took the fun out of seeing the games. I guess I was willing to give up seeing the games if we could win. I had to take crap at work for while after those defeats too.

Do you know how many times we've played Pittsburgh State...and our record against them?

tony
06-20-2008, 01:46 AM
D'oh - misread your post CA, sorry.

So back to your topic I think 1990 Pittsburg State was the best team NDSU ever played in the playoffs (NDSU is 3-2 against them, btw, played every year from 1990-1995 except 1991, won in 1990, 1992, and 1994).

CaBisonFan
06-20-2008, 01:55 AM
D'oh - misread your post CA, sorry.

So back to your topic I think 1990 Pittsburg State was the best team NDSU ever played in the playoffs (NDSU is 3-2 against them, btw, played every year from 1990-1995 except 1991, won in 1990, 1992, and 1994).

How many times in Fargo? I would agree about how good Pittsburgh was. I think that they carried a stature similar to ours, in terms of respect, and swagger.

Do they still have it?

thanks

roadwarrior
06-20-2008, 02:27 AM
CaBison, check out the football media guide on gobison. In there is the score of every game ever played, and the record against every team we have ever played. And there is a special section with a short write up of every playoff game. Very good reading.

tony
06-20-2008, 11:44 AM
Yeah, the Bison media guide is fantastic and it's great that it's online.

Hey Ca, do you have Ed Kolpack's book?

KC Bison
06-24-2008, 01:02 AM
I think Pitt State has lost some of its swagger. NW Missouri has gotten the better of them in recent years and now UNO is joining their conference next year. Also, a number of other teams in the conference seem to be closing the gap that Pitt St. once had over them.
BTW, I saw the Pitt State game that ended in overtime with us losing, something like 38-37, with the Bison getting tackled on about the 6 inch line on a 2-point conversion attempt. It was close enough that we couldn't even if it was a score or not. Exciting game but a bitter defeat.

CaBisonFan
06-24-2008, 03:04 AM
I think Pitt State has lost some of its swagger. NW Missouri has gotten the better of them in recent years and now UNO is joining their conference next year. Also, a number of other teams in the conference seem to be closing the gap that Pitt St. once had over them.
BTW, I saw the Pitt State game that ended in overtime with us losing, something like 38-37, with the Bison getting tackled on about the 6 inch line on a 2-point conversion attempt. It was close enough that we couldn't even if it was a score or not. Exciting game but a bitter defeat.

I listened to it on the radio. Nearly cried.

Who was the running back that went to the 1/2 inch line...or crossed it?

Thanks

TonkaBison
06-24-2008, 03:26 AM
The Virginia Union game will always stick in my mind with the inadvertent whistle. Also the wind got ahold of one of the playsheets the players had and whipped it into the NDSU stands. They got really shook about that until the ushers got it back to them. Beating Central State of Ohio was always sweet as well!!!

stevdock
06-24-2008, 03:38 AM
I was at Babich's first playoff game at NW Missouri and will always remember that inadvertent whistle too. It came on us intercepting a tipped ball for a TD. It would have put us up by at least 14 if I remember right. Instead they get the ball back and eventually scoring on that drive. Great game, but that one hurt as it still is the only playoff game that I have been able to go to.

TransAmBison
06-24-2008, 12:46 PM
I listened to it on the radio. Nearly cried.

Who was the running back that went to the 1/2 inch line...or crossed it?

Thanks
Mark Hansen

Bison Dan
07-23-2008, 03:35 PM
Not sure where to put this, but an interesting article from The Missoulian...

Click here for the full story... (http://www.missoulian.com/articles/2008/06/26/sports/sports01.txt)

Admin: Posting entire articles on this site is a copyright no-no - a newspaper could conceivably file an injunction and get bisonville.com shut down if this continues.

THis is old news.