PDA

View Full Version : Hallstrom Out, Jorgenson In on WDAY Broadcasts

aces1180
06-18-2008, 07:53 PM
http://www.areavoices.com/mcfeely/?blog=28850

Interesting...What does anybody think?

Personally, I never really cared for Hallstrom as a sideline reporter, considering he replaced Jack Michaels, who was awesome IMO.

bisonmike2
06-18-2008, 08:01 PM

Personally, I never really cared for Hallstrom as a sideline reporter, considering he replaced Jack Michaels, who was awesome IMO.

I've always like Steve and thought that he did a great job. I'm more of a "why mess with a good thing" guy but I'll reserve judgement until I hear a game.

Bisonguy
06-18-2008, 08:04 PM
I thought Steve did a very good job.

Hopefully Jorgenson doesn't end up doing play-by-play, unless he polishes his delivery.

onbison09
06-18-2008, 08:55 PM
Jeremy was good on some of the b-ball games he did but Hallstrom did a good job I thought. As long as Phil & Scott are in the booth.

Tatanka
06-18-2008, 09:23 PM
I liked Hallstrom. Had good insight and decent overall perspective. We'll see how JJ does.

gobison1
06-18-2008, 10:25 PM
Jeremy was good on some of the b-ball games he did but Hallstrom did a good job I thought. As long as Phil & Scott are in the booth.

I struggle with Phil in the booth. He knows the game of football but think he gets extremely annoying at times. Get sick of hearing about the NFL!

CaBisonFan
06-18-2008, 10:53 PM
Nothing against the new guy, but I liked the team that they had.

roadwarrior
06-18-2008, 11:06 PM
I never listen to the radio broadcasts, so it won't affect me much.

lakesbison
06-19-2008, 12:27 AM
(roadwarrior I never listen to the radio broadcasts, so it won't affect me much. )

somebody is "BIG TIMING!!!"

Bison101
06-19-2008, 02:10 AM
I've always like Steve and thought that he did a great job. I'm more of a "why mess with a good thing" guy but I'll reserve judgement until I hear a game.

Yeah, I got used to hearing Steve's voice while driving home from the Fargodome after the games.

SlickVic
06-19-2008, 02:29 AM
(roadwarrior I never listen to the radio broadcasts, so it won't affect me much. )

somebody is "BIG TIMING!!!"

seen road rollin in his ride earlier today...my oh my...now thats what i would call "big timing"

HerdBot
06-19-2008, 02:50 AM

I like Hallstom but Jorgensen is good too.

IBleedYellow
06-19-2008, 05:16 AM
I've never really cared for Jorgensen, I will miss Hallstrom on the sidelines, very much liked hearing his voice when I was @ the hunting cabin or in the car. Ecepcially after a football game in the dome going south on University.

TransAmBison
06-19-2008, 12:40 PM
I will miss Hallstrom. He had just the right amount of objectivity, if that is even a word???

*I second Lakes' point...Road is big timing us! I say put him on the sideline giving reports! He's there anyway!

THEsocalledfan
06-20-2008, 01:54 AM
Let's quit focusing on this mickey mouse radio crap, and focus who should be our team when we have every game on FSN. Let's get started....

I vote for Ed Schultz and Pat Sweeney....:bong:

Bisonguy
06-20-2008, 02:32 AM
Let's quit focusing on this mickey mouse radio crap, and focus who should be our team when we have every game on FSN. Let's get started....

I'd love to see Schultz do NDSU's radio play-by-play. Might be too over the top for TV, but nobody could cover radio play-by-play as well as Eddie. :nod:

As far as Sweeney, it would be in NDSU's best interest to kick in some $$$ to keep him up in GF.

IBleedYellow
06-20-2008, 03:06 AM

HELL NO!!!

The best thing to happen to the Bison Radio was when Eddy went to help with UND, and the worst thing for UND, honestly.

TransAmBison
06-20-2008, 12:44 PM
HELL NO!!!

The best thing to happen to the Bison Radio was when Eddy went to help with UND, and the worst thing for UND, honestly.
?????????? Think and say what you want about Eddie personally, but he has no equal for giving commentary during games. He really gets into the game and takes it to a new level. Now, THEsocalledfan's joke about Pat....well...that was just in bad taste! :D

DIGRAPPLER
06-20-2008, 12:49 PM
A friend of my who is on the inside with Team Makers said that the Bison were getting charged and arm and a leg to get Hallstroms services from WDAY. Sounds like it was a business decision and a part of the plan when the Bison took the radio inside. If I remember correctly Joregenson came from another program where he did play by play. I would say he should have the experience and we will just have to get familiar with him. He is after alll an employee of the Bison. Did someone say he did basketball games?

Bisonguy
06-20-2008, 01:05 PM
A friend of my who is on the inside with Team Makers said that the Bison were getting charged and arm and a leg to get Hallstroms services from WDAY. Sounds like it was a business decision and a part of the plan when the Bison took the radio inside. If I remember correctly Joregenson came from another program where he did play by play. I would say he should have the experience and we will just have to get familiar with him. He is after alll an employee of the Bison. Did someone say he did basketball games?

He did play-by-play at Montana. He wasn't very well-received.

TAB- Yeah, Eddy was unbelievable at pbp. Down, distance, formation, motion, etc. on nearly every play, lots of score updates, what happened previously, etc.. You could tune into a game at any time, and within five minutes have a very good picture of what was happening in the game.

missingnumber7
06-20-2008, 01:18 PM
Never did care for Hallstrom...goes back more to when he was the sports guy in Minot, but he really wasn't great on the sidelines. There's gotta be a former player you can put down on the sidelines.

sambini
06-20-2008, 11:36 PM
Jeremy will do a great job. He has the knowledge and passion for Bison athletics. Good luck Jeremy+++

THEsocalledfan
06-21-2008, 01:59 AM
?????????? Think and say what you want about Eddie personally, but he has no equal for giving commentary during games. He really gets into the game and takes it to a new level. Now, THEsocalledfan's joke about Pat....well...that was just in bad taste! :D

But, wouldn't it be fun, back in the day, to see Eddie shove Pat's kelly green blazer down his throat? (Anyone else remember that aweful blazer?)

IBleedYellow
06-24-2008, 04:00 AM
I'm just not a fan of Eddy, but I will agree that he is a very talented play-by-play man.

mebisonII
07-02-2008, 01:10 PM
I just noticed this while reading the most recent Hallstrom post, and thought it was pretty classy, so I thought I'd bump this thread to point it out. My apologies if its already been posted:

About the radio thing (http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/?blog=29382)

rdh701
07-02-2008, 01:31 PM
Thanks for posting the blog piece which I hadn't seen yet. No surprise to me, Steve is absolutely a class act, his comments just reinforce that. He'll do well, and so will the Bison.

Gardenhoser
07-10-2008, 04:28 PM
In my opinion, it's a mistake. I think Hallstrom is a better journalist and broadcaster than JJ. We'll have to re-visit the issue after the first couple games. Only time will tell how effective the new mix will be.

TonkaBison
07-11-2008, 03:33 AM
HELL NO!!!

Amen to that! Eddie only knew one offensive play "The Counter Tre" what the hell is that anyhow?