PDA

View Full Version : tiger time at torey pines

SlickVic
06-15-2008, 07:27 PM
just jacked to tune into some more mastery today tigers so sick the greatest athlete of our time hands down and there is no doubt about it...the front 9 on friday then the back 9 yesterday i mean my oh my has better golf ever been played? that chip in on 17 gave me chills then the 2 eagle putts he made them look so easy...chea cant wait to see the crowds today theyve been rockin all week wish mediate didnt mess up it up yesterday what was he doing going for it on that par 5 he has no distance what so ever i just love those commentators jonny miller makes some nice cracks before tiger chipped in on 17 he was like that lie wouldnt bother my knee hahaha wow it wouda been real sweet to see tiger and rocko final 2 oh well dont mind westwood...how about phil tho and applebe torey pines owned them yesterday phil chipping up that hill 6 times and applebe with all those 8 putts wow...T-1 hour till tiger time eldricks as good as it gets

SlickVic
06-16-2008, 01:16 AM
what a warrior that birdie putt on 18 to force a playoff pure greatness dont think theres anything in sports that can come close to the pressure of that putt...rocko vs tiger tomoro 18 holes for the national championhip my oh my can i get a ++++++++++++++++++ ????

sambini
06-16-2008, 03:11 AM
Slick he is awesome+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

56BISON73
06-16-2008, 03:21 AM
He played terrible golf and still manages to force a playoff. Amazing. Of course there was a couple of times Rocco didnt help his own cause but thats golf. PL

SlickVic
06-16-2008, 03:35 AM
He played terrible golf and still manages to force a playoff. Amazing. Of course there was a couple of times Rocco didnt help his own cause but thats golf. PL

you of all people should know what kinda pain woods went thru today PL thought youve said multiple times you have 2 new knees...terrible golf and tiger woods have no buisness being in the same sentence much less the same post PL if you played torey pines under open conditions you wouldnt break 150 id put my entire bankroll on that ;)

56BISON73
06-16-2008, 03:57 AM
you of all people should know what kinda pain woods went thru today PL thought youve said multiple times you have 2 new knees...terrible golf and tiger woods have no buisness being in the same sentence much less the same post PL if you played torey pines under open conditions you wouldnt break 150 id put my entire bankroll on that ;)

My knees are just fine. Yes he played terrible. Lets see---he lost 3 shots on the 1st 2 holes. LOL LOL But he sucked it up and ground it out as he should have.
PL

Trim
06-16-2008, 01:43 PM
I loved how, after his round Saturday, they talked to him. Asked him to describe those 3 shots:

1st eagle putt: "Yeah, I was just trying to get within 3 feet, hoping for a 2-putt. I got lucky that it went in".

Chip in: "That was pure luck. I kind of mis-hit it. Very lucky it went in".

18th hole eagle: "I would have never made it if I hadn't seen Robert's putt first. It gave me the line".

I had always been kind of indifferent to Tiger. I'm more of a Watson-Nicklaus kind of guy. I was scared by his assault on the records of the old-guard, no doubt. But after those comments, I may just be developing a slight little man crush on Tiger. I mean, what a class act. He's the greatest in the world, and he just plays the "aw-shucks" card. I love that. Saturday's back nine was incredible. I was so just jacked after watching that, I almost went out and jumped in the lake during the crazy storm, just to calm myself down. ...no doubt about it...

PL- You know you're my man, but come on, "terrible golf"? I'm going to have to eat an extra piece of your pizza for that one. ;)

SlickVic
06-16-2008, 04:01 PM
hes the best there is the best there was and the best there ever will be no doubt about it...his smile after that chip in on 17 said it all hes so sweet so classy such a warrior i mean the man could hardly walk out of the gates yesterday dont think that theres any pga pros who would continue playing let alone gut and grind it out like tiger did...just loved that earl woods commercial yesterday so priceless and so true when at the end he was like "you dont instill anything in a child you encourage them...i told tiger he will never in his life meet another person as mentally strong as himself...he hasnt...and he never will..." my oh my if you didnt get goosebumps after watching that theres something wrong...theres really no other single athlete or maybe even entire team id rather whatch play a game then tiger golf...im talking throughout all of sports history if i had an option to whatch one person perform itd be tiger hands down with the brown bomber joe louis 2nd and mahammad ali a distant 3rd...tigers at the tee now tho just jacked

Civil06
06-16-2008, 04:08 PM
hes the best there is the best there was and the best there ever will be no doubt about it...his smile after that chip in on 17 said it all hes so sweet so classy such a warrior i mean the man could hardly walk out of the gates yesterday dont think that theres any pga pros who would continue playing let alone gut and grind it out like tiger did...just loved that earl woods commercial yesterday so priceless and so true when at the end he was like "you dont instill anything in a child you encourage them...i told tiger he will never in his life meet another person as mentally strong as himself...he hasnt...and he never will..." my oh my if you didnt get goosebumps after watching that theres something wrong...theres really no other single athlete or maybe even entire team id rather whatch play a game then tiger golf...im talking throughout all of sports history if i had an option to whatch one person perform itd be tiger hands down with the brown bomber joe louis 2nd and mahammad ali a distant 3rd...tigers at the tee now tho just jacked

You're absolutely right. That commercial, on Father's Day, with all the clips of young tiger... I'm just glad I was watching. I feel like anytime I get to watch Tiger on the last day of a major, something historic is going to happen (and it usually does). I feel priveliged to see it. My future children are missing out.

SlickVic
06-16-2008, 04:10 PM
tigers drive right hand side real nice kick off the bunker into the fairway rockos first down the left side of the fairway second shot into the right greenside bunker same spot as yesterday...tigers second a little left of the hole hes dancing tho 20 ft up hill

SlickVic
06-16-2008, 04:14 PM
rockos decent out of the bunker got a chance for par prolly 7 feet...little over 20 ft for woods missed it...rocko missed his par putt not even close bogey start for rocko...tiger taps in for par up 1 thru 1

SlickVic
06-16-2008, 04:22 PM
tiger with the 3 wood off 2nd tee leftside 2nd cut of rough rocko rightside rough much better lie and angle then tiger...short right miss not a bad leave for tiger...rockos way right 50 feet right thats a bad shot didnt go in the bunker tho

SlickVic
06-16-2008, 04:31 PM
woods with a par mediate makes his as well...par 3 third next hole looks so sick front right pin members location easiest pin on the hole tees way back tho 188 yards was playing 130 ish on thursday tiger buries his ball in the leftside bunker wow his ball is completly burried hardly view able...wow wow wow rocko almost a hole in 1 what a sick shot tigers in trouble could be a 2 stroke swing

Civil06
06-16-2008, 04:38 PM
Thanks, Slick. These are the only updates I can get.

aces1180
06-16-2008, 04:46 PM
Thanks, Slick. These are the only updates I can get.

www.usopen.com has live, streaming coverage...It's awesome for anyone at work.

Civil06
06-16-2008, 04:55 PM
www.usopen.com has live, streaming coverage...It's awesome for anyone at work.

Thank you! Our office firewall has blocked almost any streaming media, but this one works!

lakesbison
06-16-2008, 06:22 PM
Tiger sinks another long "fringe" putt. up 3. after 9

Hammersmith
06-16-2008, 06:42 PM
Rocco cuts lead to 1 as Tiger bogeys the 12th.

Woods +2
Mediate +3

Shawn-O
06-16-2008, 07:06 PM
Rocco just picked up a stroke on 14. All square with four to play.

Trim
06-16-2008, 07:07 PM
Thanks for the updates boys, keep 'em coming please.

Shawn-O
06-16-2008, 07:21 PM
The putter has now heated up for Rocco, he picked up another one at 15, and leads by one. They are going berzerk in San Diego.

Hammersmith
06-16-2008, 07:22 PM
Rocco birdied, Tiger parred 15.

Mediate E
Woods +1

Trim
06-16-2008, 07:31 PM
No way! I'm glad I went home over lunch and set the DVR.

Shawn-O
06-16-2008, 07:32 PM
No way! I'm glad I went home over lunch and set the DVR.

They exchange pars at 16. You might wanna burn this one on DVD.

onbison09
06-16-2008, 07:38 PM
I'm not a huge golf fan but this is just great stuff...both guys giving it their all..hitting just unbelivable shots.

Hammersmith
06-16-2008, 07:47 PM
17th Hole, Par 4. Both par. On to 18...

Mediate E
Woods +1

So, how many extra holes is this one going to go?

onbison09
06-16-2008, 07:48 PM
Rocco's up a shot going into 18. Damn this is good stuff.

onbison09
06-16-2008, 07:48 PM
17th Hole, Par 4. Both par. On to 18...

Mediate E
Woods +1

So, how many extra holes is this one going to go?
:banghead: you beat me to it.

Shawn-O
06-16-2008, 07:49 PM
That was a knee-knocker par for Rocco, he needed it. Woods has destroyed the 18th on Saturday and Sunday.

Hammersmith
06-16-2008, 07:50 PM
:banghead: you beat me to it.

I had it ready to go and hit 'submit' when Rocco's putt dropped. :D

onbison09
06-16-2008, 07:50 PM
Tiger hits it right in the middle, Rocco's in the rough.

onbison09
06-16-2008, 07:51 PM
great commercial with Tiger's dad

Shawn-O
06-16-2008, 07:57 PM
Here we go again. Tiger on in 2, eagle attempt coming.

56BISON73
06-16-2008, 08:00 PM
I loved how, after his round Saturday, they talked to him. Asked him to describe those 3 shots:

1st eagle putt: "Yeah, I was just trying to get within 3 feet, hoping for a 2-putt. I got lucky that it went in".

Chip in: "That was pure luck. I kind of mis-hit it. Very lucky it went in".

18th hole eagle: "I would have never made it if I hadn't seen Robert's putt first. It gave me the line".

I had always been kind of indifferent to Tiger. I'm more of a Watson-Nicklaus kind of guy. I was scared by his assault on the records of the old-guard, no doubt. But after those comments, I may just be developing a slight little man crush on Tiger. I mean, what a class act. He's the greatest in the world, and he just plays the "aw-shucks" card. I love that. Saturday's back nine was incredible. I was so just jacked after watching that, I almost went out and jumped in the lake during the crazy storm, just to calm myself down. ...no doubt about it...

PL- You know you're my man, but come on, "terrible golf"? I'm going to have to eat an extra piece of your pizza for that one. ;)

Trim
May be I should quantify that statement. He played terrible for Tiger. :D My god can you imagine how good he could be if he ever played for the farway instead of the rough:nod: ???
I liked the answer he gave Maltby when he asked if his knee was bothering him and Tiger simply said Yes-smiled then started laughing as he knew Maltby was looking for him to expound on that fact and he didnt. LOL :D PL

onbison09
06-16-2008, 08:02 PM
Tiger wasn't even close.

Shawn-O
06-16-2008, 08:03 PM
No eagle today, the tourney is now on Rocco's putter. wow, terrible putt.

onbison09
06-16-2008, 08:06 PM
Please OT, PLEASE!!

onbison09
06-16-2008, 08:07 PM
How many extra holes?

Shawn-O
06-16-2008, 08:07 PM
90 holes wasn't enough. WOW.

tcbison
06-16-2008, 08:08 PM
Sudden death, starts at hole 7 I believe.

aces1180
06-16-2008, 08:10 PM
What a show! Talk about drama.

Shawn-O
06-16-2008, 08:16 PM
Tiger on fairway, Rocco in the bunker.

tcbison
06-16-2008, 08:28 PM
Tiger wins again.

Shawn-O
06-16-2008, 08:29 PM
Tiger wins again.

What a ride. At least Rocco didn't leave the last one short.