PDA

View Full Version : Who Is The Most Improved From Last Fall

Fightin' Bison
06-12-2008, 05:27 AM
Since Last Fall:
Who has physically transformed himself the most in the weightroom?
Who has lowered their 40 the most?
Increased bench/squat the most?
Lost the most body fat?
Gained the most muscle?
Who is going to surprise the most on Saturdays this fall?
I'm guessing these answers may be kids we haven't heard from yet - redshirt freshman & true sophomores.

sambini
06-12-2008, 02:08 PM
Lakes is the man.

Scooter1
06-12-2008, 02:14 PM
One name that we heard alot of was Garrett Johnson on the defense. Last fall all we heard were raves about Coulter Boyer and how unblockable he was on the scout team. Now, Garrett seams to have upped his stock quite a bit.

On another note Danilkowicz has dropped quite a bit of weight going from 280+ to 262 what was the scoop there? Did he get sick or did he just have an extra 20 lbs on him due to inactivity from his knee injury?

msvjcpa
06-12-2008, 03:06 PM
[QUOTE=Scooter1;194218]One name that we heard alot of was Garrett Johnson on the defense. Last fall all we heard were raves about Coulter Boyer and how unblockable he was on the scout team. Now, Garrett seams to have upped his stock quite a bit.

I think Garrett showed the coaching staff something this spring. He was asked to move to the tackle spot to play the 3 technique and did a nice job. I think that sold the coaches on the fact that he's the real deal. My recollection from early spring testing is that he was quicker and more agile than the other freshman d-ends (boyer, stocynski) while being the heaviest at around 260.

It's no surprise that with the juco transfer they move him back out to d-end to back up Compton. I suspect that had a lot to do with why Sharpe said good-bye.

I think Garrett had a D1A offer from Northern Illinois of the MAC early in the recruiting process that he declined in favor of NDSU long before the recruiting process was completed. Lucky us. He should be a stud for the next 4 years...

BisonNeil
06-13-2008, 12:22 AM
[QUOTE=Scooter1;194218]One name that we heard alot of was Garrett Johnson on the defense. Last fall all we heard were raves about Coulter Boyer and how unblockable he was on the scout team. Now, Garrett seams to have upped his stock quite a bit.

I think Garrett showed the coaching staff something this spring. He was asked to move to the tackle spot to play the 3 technique and did a nice job. I think that sold the coaches on the fact that he's the real deal. My recollection from early spring testing is that he was quicker and more agile than the other freshman d-ends (boyer, stocynski) while being the heaviest at around 260.

It's no surprise that with the juco transfer they move him back out to d-end to back up Compton. I suspect that had a lot to do with why Sharpe said good-bye.

I think Garrett had a D1A offer from Northern Illinois of the MAC early in the recruiting process that he declined in favor of NDSU long before the recruiting process was completed. Lucky us. He should be a stud for the next 4 years...

I remember Garrett's verbal very well. He was the first recruit for 2007 when he verbally committed to the Bison on Tuesday, October 23, just a few days after the Bison took the Goophers to the wood shed but lost 10-9!

I also have to say that Lardinois is up to 262, that's like another 7-12 lbs from last year. I think he could be an animal this year, his senior year. I am expecting great things from him as long as he can stay healthy.

CaBisonFan
06-13-2008, 01:25 AM
[quote=msvjcpa;194233]

I remember Garrett's verbal very well. He was the first recruit for 2007 when he verbally committed to the Bison on Tuesday, October 23, just a few days after the Bison took the Goophers to the wood shed but lost 10-9!

I also have to say that Lardinois is up to 262, that's like another 7-12 lbs from last year. I think he could be an animal this year, his senior year. I am expecting great things from him as long as he can stay healthy.

The more I hear about the defensive line, the better I'm feeling about this fall. I think it was Lardinois that came off the field at Minnesota last year, foaming at the mouth about giving up that first touchdown. He seemed to be the guy with the leadership at the right time. And it sounds like he will have some younger company with significant talent.

This will give our d-backs some help, and will free up the linebackers more than last year.

We can make an assumption that the offense will be strong, so this is particular good news.

Over-all, I like the outlook defensively. In order to make a serious run at a conference title, and the playoffs, the defense is where it's at.

That's been a missing piece to this point -- stifling defense, like the 'old' days. Maybe it's just around the corner.

Bison"FANatic"
06-13-2008, 02:01 PM
[quote=BisonNeil;194284]

I think it was Lardinois that came off the field at Minnesota last year, foaming at the mouth about giving up that first touchdown. He seemed to be the guy with the leadership at the right time. And it sounds like he will have some younger company with significant talent.

Yea it was shown quite well on the DVD. He was livid and getting into peoples faces. He was wired and was not going to let that first touchdown drop the intensity down.

Scooter1
06-13-2008, 02:44 PM
One name that we heard alot of was Garrett Johnson on the defense. Last fall all we heard were raves about Coulter Boyer and how unblockable he was on the scout team. Now, Garrett seams to have upped his stock quite a bit.[QUOTE]
[QUOTE=msvjcpa;194233]

msvjcpa, I fixed your post for you. I was reading BisonNeil's post and was thinking.."I don't recall writing the last part of that quote."

westnodak93bison
06-13-2008, 03:27 PM
of the established players I predict Gratzek and Lardinois both will really step up their play

BisonNeil
06-13-2008, 03:31 PM
of the established players I predict Gratzek and Lardinois both will really step up their play

Oh yeah, Gratzek really came on late last year!