PDA

View Full Version : Season ticket numbers??

TheBisonator
06-11-2008, 09:36 PM
People on AGS were talking about season ticket sales, and it got me to wondering how many we have so far. It's been a couple months since I've heard about the progress, and I'd like to know how many we have. I know that most times when a sports team announces their season ticket sales, they are able to come up with an exact number, like 8,492 for example. Couldn't NDSU have a continuous track of sales like that?? They obviously have the numbers in a database, or something. How about another aggressive season ticket drive?? I bet we could get up to 10,000 with a drive like that.

I'd just like to see NDSU come out with a press release once in a while with an update on season ticket sales. Anyone have any info on this??

56BISON73
06-11-2008, 11:07 PM
I wouls like to know the actual number of people who hold those tickets. PL

BisoninNWMN
06-11-2008, 11:16 PM
About a month ago I heard one of the local TV stations say it was around 7000-7500 for season ticket holders. I don't think there is no reason why we couldn't get up to 10k....but with 4k student tickets, who knows. I've got my 4 season tickets and can't wait for the season to start!!!

99Bison
06-11-2008, 11:22 PM
Simmers stated at the last golf outing that season ticket sales are up 1000 from last year...

TheBisonator
06-12-2008, 12:04 AM
I wouls like to know the actual number of people who hold those tickets. PL

Why does the number of people holding them matter to you?? All I care about is the number of asses that sit in those season ticket seats. And give or take a few hundred, that's what the season ticket number is.

Why does it matter to you if 8,000 people have season tickets and more or less 8,000 asses take up those seats on most games if only 5,000 people paid for them?? A season ticket is a season ticket. Two season tickets does not equal one if a man buys one for himself and his son.

56BISON73
06-12-2008, 12:12 AM
Why does the number of people holding them matter to you?? All I care about is the number of asses that sit in those season ticket seats. And give or take a few hundred, that's what the season ticket number is.

Why does it matter to you if 8,000 people have season tickets and more or less 8,000 asses take up those seats on most games if only 5,000 people paid for them?? A season ticket is a season ticket. Two season tickets does not equal one if a man buys one for himself and his son.

Because it shows what your REAL consumer base is. A customer who buys 4 season tickets is only one customer.
Buy gauging what the real customer number is marketing can determine actual customer gains and appeal etc. PL

Bison101
06-12-2008, 12:26 AM
http://www.typophile.com/files/infinityJH.gif

TheBisonator
06-12-2008, 12:33 AM
Because it shows what your REAL consumer base is. A customer who buys 4 season tickets is only one customer.
Buy gauging what the real customer number is marketing can determine actual customer gains and appeal etc. PL

So a family member or business associate of a purchaser isn't a customer too?? They won't go to the Famous Dave's kiosk or buy a t-shirt at the team store at the game, only the person who bought the tickets will?? When my brother graduated high school, I treated him to a Winnipeg Blue Bombers game up where he goes to school at U of Manitoba. I spent $68 for two tickets. He cheered as loud as me at the game and bought just as much concessions as I did. Did that mean the Blue Bombers football club should have only cared about me and my C$68, and not the fact that my brother was a fan at the game too??

Hell, I pay for my activity fee (which gets me in games for free) with student loans. Yet I'm probably one of the 10 loudest and most active fans in the student section. Should NDSU care about me as a customer?? I chug down 6 bucks worth of pop every game.

I mean, money is money. And fandom is fandom. It's all the same. Four season tickets at $120 each is still not $120. It's $480.

Bisonguy
06-12-2008, 12:46 AM
So a family member or business associate of a purchaser isn't a customer too?? They won't go to the Famous Dave's kiosk or buy a t-shirt at the team store at the game, only the person who bought the tickets will?? When my brother graduated high school, I treated him to a Winnipeg Blue Bombers game up where he goes to school at U of Manitoba. I spent $68 for two tickets. He cheered as loud as me at the game and bought just as much concessions as I did. Did that mean the Blue Bombers football club should have only cared about me and my C$68, and not the fact that my brother was a fan at the game too??

Hell, I pay for my activity fee (which gets me in games for free) with student loans. Yet I'm probably one of the 10 loudest and most active fans in the student section. Should NDSU care about me as a customer?? I chug down 6 bucks worth of pop every game.

I mean, money is money. And fandom is fandom. It's all the same. Four season tickets at $120 each is still not $120. It's $480.

Yeah, I know a lot of people that go in together to get tickets in the Team Makers sections. Typically only one name for the renewal, but 3-4 individuals that are purchasing the actual seats.

BisonNeil
06-12-2008, 01:10 AM
Yeah, I know a lot of people that go in together to get tickets in the Team Makers sections. Typically only one name for the renewal, but 3-4 individuals that are purchasing the actual seats.

Which makes 56's point. The people you know are a sad commentary on the state of fandom. If those 3 or 4 people actually were all TeamMakers, rather than mooching on someone else's memberships, there would be more $ for scholarships and some sports, such as women's soccer or men's baseball, wouldn't be underfunded. Your comment actually ticks me off.

99Bison
06-12-2008, 01:17 AM
Which makes 56's point. The people you know are a sad commentary on the state of fandom. If those 3 or 4 people actually were all TeamMakers, rather than mooching on someone else's memberships, there would be more $ for scholarships and some sports, such as women's soccer or men's baseball, wouldn't be underfunded. Your comment actually ticks me off.

All women's sports are full on scholarships... At least that's what has been said over the past month or two.

Also, who says those 3 or 4 are mooching? Would you rather pay 500 a seat to sit at the 20 or 500 a seat to sit at the 40? When you band together you can do that (until the seating policies/demand diminish that opportunity).

BisonNeil
06-12-2008, 01:21 AM
All women's sports are full on scholarships... At least that's what has been said over the past month or two.

Also, who says those 3 or 4 are mooching? Would you rather pay 500 a seat to sit at the 20 or 500 a seat to sit at the 40? When you band together you can do that (until the seating policies/demand diminish that opportunity).

I guess I regard it mooching. If they really wanted to support Bison football, or Bison athletics as a whole, they would be TeamMakers. They are getting premium seats by using someone else's membership. I think that constitutes mooching. A friend of mine got hooked coming to games using my son's seat when he couldn't use it. Rather than have me buy two more tickets he joined TeamMakers so he could contribute. I think that is the right attitude, not using one membership to get a bunch of buddies good seats. Just my opinion.

99Bison
06-12-2008, 01:33 AM
I guess I regard it mooching. If they really wanted to support Bison football, or Bison athletics as a whole, they would be TeamMakers. They are getting premium seats by using someone else's membership. I think that constitutes mooching. A friend of mine got hooked coming to games using my son's seat when he couldn't use it. Rather than have me buy two more tickets he joined TeamMakers so he could contribute. I think that is the right attitude, not using one membership to get a bunch of buddies good seats. Just my opinion.

I would guess many of the people "getting together" is more like the below.
- 3 familys each need 2 seats. Should we each join individually at the 500 TM level and sit at the 20 or should we each put our 500 into one group account and get seats at the 40?

You get beyond 4-6 seats together and you are having trouble getting them together.

Or you could be like UofM and generate 120k with virtually no priority seating for football...

BisonNeil
06-12-2008, 01:42 AM

I am not sure this is true. I have never heard or read that and I watch Bison athletic news and my TeamMaker newsletter pretty closely.

The action plan from the self-study suggests, but does not explicitly state, that the number of scholarships for women is equal to that of the men, which is consistent with Title IX. I know baseball has only 5 scholarships, so they are underfunded. I would suspect that women's golf (and perhaps cross country) may also not be totally funded.

But again, I don't know this as fact, I am only making an interpretation of the report which may or may not be correct.

http://admin.xosn.com/pdf2/75413.pdf?&KEY=PMMBPXOJFULAUXV.20070504205406&DB_ACCOUNT_TYPE=AGENT&skip_agent_menus=NO&DB_MENU_ID=286&skip_agent_info=NO&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=2400

99Bison
06-12-2008, 01:50 AM
I am not sure this is true. I have never heard or read that and I watch Bison athletic news and my TeamMaker newsletter pretty closely.

I'm not sure either, however one reference I remember was in light of the fact that the Women's BB isn't going to use all of theirs this year, I think this one was written.

I can't remember where off hand, but the other references I heard were verbal... Perhaps at a press conferences around Amy's retirement announcement time. Probably from Lynn D is what is jogging my memory.

And this was for the 08-09 timeframe, not the past year.

------------------------

Edit, ok yes some coming back to me now slowly, at one of the events in the dome's press room early this spring Lynn was talking about it and at the time I think it was like 1.5 short on the women's side or something like that. With hope that 08-09 would be able to complete it.

Then more recently with the significant advance of TM efforts it was sounding good.

Bisonguy
06-12-2008, 02:04 AM

Huh?

4 x $300 = $300 + $300 + $300 + $300

TM dues are per seat, and they all contribute, just under one name so the seats are all together.

Bison bison
06-12-2008, 02:22 AM
thanks, bisonguy.

i was getting a little confused.

56BISON73
06-12-2008, 02:39 AM

Call somebody from marketing. May be they can explain it to you. The fact is most big schools KNOW how many people hold their tickets. There is a reason for it. PL

Hammersmith
06-12-2008, 03:25 AM
All TM dues are per seat until you get to the half-scholarship level($5,500). Half-scholarship donations and up gives you 4FB/2BB/2VB/2WR tickets. There's definately no mooching going on.

As for the funding of women's sports, only T&F is not fully funded on the women's side. Lynn Dorn was quoted saying this in the Forum several days ago in the story about having 11 players on the WBB roster. Check the thread in the WBB forum for the link.

Bison Dan
06-12-2008, 12:33 PM
[QUOTE=BisonNeil;194171]Which makes 56's point. The people you know are a sad commentary on the state of fandom. If those 3 or 4 people actually were all TeamMakers, rather than mooching on someone else's memberships, there would be more $ for scholarships and some sports, such as women's soccer or men's baseball, wouldn't be underfunded. Your comment actually ticks me off.[/QUOTE

I have 8 seats and all are TM members. We are under one name as a group to get better seats. Your logic is so bad it isn't funny.

bisonaudit
06-12-2008, 01:42 PM
To me the point of knowing who's holding your seats isn't to prevent mooching or what have you. I think that issue is settled, the priceing structure really doesn't allow it.

The reason you want to know who's holding your seats is so that you can 'upsell' them other stuff. I think it's actually a good thing to have non-teammakers sitting in teammaker seats. The dues have already been paid for every chair so if non-members come to the game and have a good time all it can do is expand the membership pool for Teammakes as well as the fan base for NDSU athletics.

BisonNeil
06-13-2008, 12:35 AM
[QUOTE=BisonNeil;194171]Which makes 56's point. The people you know are a sad commentary on the state of fandom. If those 3 or 4 people actually were all TeamMakers, rather than mooching on someone else's memberships, there would be more $ for scholarships and some sports, such as women's soccer or men's baseball, wouldn't be underfunded. Your comment actually ticks me off.[/QUOTE

I have 8 seats and all are TM members. We are under one name as a group to get better seats. Your logic is so bad it isn't funny.

Well, excuse me, but that is not how I interpreted "Typically only one name for the renewal, but 3-4 individuals that are purchasing the actual seats."

That sounded like, and still sounds like, one TM asking for four seats on his/her membership and the other fans simply reimbursing him/her for the price of the ticket. That doesn't sound like 3 or 4 TM renewals to me. But, excuse me for incorrectly interpreting a poorly written sentence. I stand corrected.

TheBisonator
06-13-2008, 11:10 PM
Looks like I got my answer from sambini. Josh says we're at around 8,000 now.

stevdock
06-14-2008, 03:50 AM

Now to support Bison athletics you have to be a part of TeamMakers?? Wow what a joke. I have been to every NDSU home game for the past 14 years. I think I've supported NDSU to the best of my ability. I personally don't have the money to join TeamMakers, especially if I am going to buy tickets for my wife and my two kids also. Some budgets just don't stretch that much, and ours does not.

I know that you were talking about a situation that is a little different, but please use your words a little more wisely cause that comment really ticked me off.

BisonNeil
06-14-2008, 03:39 PM
Now to support Bison athletics you have to be a part of TeamMakers?? Wow what a joke. I have been to every NDSU home game for the past 14 years. I think I've supported NDSU to the best of my ability. I personally don't have the money to join TeamMakers, especially if I am going to buy tickets for my wife and my two kids also. Some budgets just don't stretch that much, and ours does not.

I know that you were talking about a situation that is a little different, but please use your words a little more wisely cause that comment really ticked me off.

TM membership dues pay for the scholarships. Scholarship dollars have to be from donations, ticket sales support the infrastructure (adminstration, coaches salaries and tht like) Ticket sales do not suport scholarships.

Without TM there would be no scholarships. With no scholarships there would be no DI athletics, that is the reality. So, while your support is worthy and it obviously heps, it isn't what gets the deal done. Sorry that pisses you off.

TransAmBison
06-14-2008, 04:12 PM
Classy. :(

tony
06-14-2008, 06:58 PM
That sounded like, and still sounds like, one TM asking for four seats on his/her membership and the other fans simply reimbursing him/her for the price of the ticket.

Yeah, that's exactly what it is. Your objection to that practice is unfathomable and, in my opinion, ridiculous.

Do you actually have a problem with four guys who get together and buy a $1200 TM membership + 4 tickets, but not with one guy who buys a $1200 membership + 4 tickets and then invites three guests to every game?

It sounds like you want one TM membership per seat. If that happened, those four guys would still be paying the same amount of money as anybody else for their seats ($300 per). It's not rocket science.

And for Pete's sake what prompted you to denigrate stevdock and folks who buy tickets and actually show up to games? Do you want to turn NDSU athletics into some freaking Team Maker country club in which only members and their guests are made to feel welcome? If so, the only way to do that is to destroy everything NDSU stands for.

Bah, you've gotten my Irish up. :)

Bisonguy
06-14-2008, 07:08 PM
I personally wouldn't mind seeing more of a country club atmosphere. Get rid of all those heathens wearing their blue jeans or shorts in the stands, and replace them with action-khaki wearing folks . :D

TransAmBison
06-14-2008, 09:06 PM
Yeah, that's exactly what it is. Your objection to that practice is unfathomable and, in my opinion, ridiculous.

Do you actually have a problem with four guys who get together and buy a $1200 TM membership + 4 tickets, but not with one guy who buys a $1200 membership + 4 tickets and then invites three guests to every game?

It sounds like you want one TM membership per seat. If that happened, those four guys would still be paying the same amount of money as anybody else for their seats ($300 per). It's not rocket science.

And for Pete's sake what prompted you to denigrate stevdock and folks who buy tickets and actually show up to games? Do you want to turn NDSU athletics into some freaking Team Maker country club in which only members and their guests are made to feel welcome? If so, the only way to do that is to destroy everything NDSU stands for.

++++++++++++++++

BisonNeil
06-14-2008, 10:53 PM

No, for your example I don't have a problem, obviously not, for that level of TM. But that wasn't the example given. See previous post.

I didn't 'denirate' anybody who just buys season tickets without a TM. I was only explaining that there are various levels of support and without TM there wouldn't be the kind of athletics we get to see, that's all. If everyone just bought tickets, well, its not enough unfortunately.

I didn't mean to get your Irish up either. My bad...

56BISON73
06-15-2008, 12:51 AM
I personally wouldn't mind seeing more of a country club atmosphere. Get rid of all those heathens wearing their blue jeans or shorts in the stands, and replace them with action-khaki wearing folks . :D

Where do I find out if my khakies are of the action variety???? I do want to make sure Iam in the proper uniform.:D PL

Bisonguy
06-15-2008, 01:36 AM
I can't remember who actually certifies them as action-khakis, but SDBison or TransAmBison should be able to point you in the right direction. :nod:

imported_Bisongold
06-15-2008, 03:56 AM
To simplifiy things... every dollar spent helps Bison athletics. Some are able to give more than others. No one objects to any of the dollars spent. Spending more dollars does not mean you are a bigger fan than the next. Just means that you are capable of spending more for something you like.

bisonmike2
06-15-2008, 11:47 AM
To simplifiy things... every dollar spent helps Bison athletics. Some are able to give more than others. No one objects to any of the dollars spent. Spending more dollars does not mean you are a bigger fan than the next. Just means that you are capable of spending more for something you like.

Well said +++++++

stevdock
06-15-2008, 09:22 PM
TM membership dues pay for the scholarships. Scholarship dollars have to be from donations, ticket sales support the infrastructure (adminstration, coaches salaries and tht like) Ticket sales do not suport scholarships.

Without TM there would be no scholarships. With no scholarships there would be no DI athletics, that is the reality. So, while your support is worthy and it obviously heps, it isn't what gets the deal done. Sorry that pisses you off.

So the only way you can be a true Bison fan/supporter is by being a TeamMaker? I guess that's 14 years down the drain. The last 5 years I have gotten my tickets through the ND coaches association, so I guess even though I haven't missed a game, I am even less of a Bison fan then even the fans who pay for their individual game tickets.

sambini
06-15-2008, 11:03 PM
Everyone on here is a BISON fan.

TransAmBison
06-16-2008, 12:00 AM
Everyone on here is a BISON fan.
You hear that Shawno!!!!!! Ha, ha!!!! You are a Bison fan and there is nothing you can do about it!!!!

BlueBisonRock
06-16-2008, 05:24 AM
You hear that Shawno!!!!!! Ha, ha!!!! You are a Bison fan and there is nothing you can do about it!!!!

If Shawno is a Bison fan, how come he is hitting the negatives on the AGS 'game'. I really expected more... :D

WYOBISONMAN
06-16-2008, 05:35 PM
Can I wear khakis with my cowboy boots??

Herd Mentality
06-16-2008, 09:04 PM
Action-Khakis

a) Contain an unspecified amount of elastic in the waistband

and/or

b) Resistant to "excitement related" stains

Bisonguy
06-16-2008, 09:38 PM
Action-Khakis

a) Contain an unspecified amount of elastic in the waistband

and/or

b) Resistant to "excitement related" stains

Can't comment on the 'b' requirement, but my action-khakis have no elastic in the waistband (albeit they are flannel lined :hide: )

tony
06-16-2008, 11:36 PM
Good Lord, I had no idea what a bunch of peasants you all are.

Here's what you should be wearing:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3092/2585801722_9666edb8fe.jpg

TonkaBison
06-17-2008, 02:57 AM
Can I wear khakis with my cowboy boots??

You can get away with it in Fargo but do it in New York? The connotations of doing something like that makes my hair stand on end!!!

westriver bison
06-17-2008, 08:09 AM
Is this attire appopriate for the ladies? Assuming of course the colors would be green and yellow.
http://thenewsleak.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/florida-state-cowgirls.jpg

roper1313
06-17-2008, 01:19 PM
Is this attire appopriate for the ladies? Assuming of course the colors would be green and yellow.

I'd like to be the S on that FSU zip!! :D

Bison"FANatic"
06-17-2008, 02:13 PM

approved!!!!

sambini
06-18-2008, 01:15 AM
Now they could sell some tickets+++

TheBisonator
06-18-2008, 07:28 PM
So... Anyway, we're at around 8,000 season tickets so far. I'll ask Josh where we're at in another month or so, maybe the beginning of August.

bisonmike2
06-18-2008, 07:33 PM
So... Anyway, we're at around 8,000 season tickets so far. I'll ask Josh where we're at in another month or so, maybe the beginning of August.

Yeah but is that real fans or does that number include the worthless non-team maker people as well?

/I keed.

Bisonguy
06-18-2008, 08:04 PM
The TV ad campaign should add another 500-1000 to the total. :nod:

TheBisonator
06-20-2008, 02:47 AM
The TV ad campaign should add another 500-1000 to the total. :nod:

I'm hoping close to 9,000 before opening kickoff...

SDbison
06-20-2008, 03:21 AM
If season ticket sales grow close to 9000 this translates into:
9,000 season ticket holders
1,000 players family and special guest tickets
4,000 student tickets
14,000 total
This only leaves 5000 tickets for each game. Not a good time to be a bandwagon fan!
When season ticket sales get to 10,000 it will be time to start designing some bleacher seating to install in the corners.....even if a bunch of the seats are partially obstructed by those damn pillars.

SlickVic
06-20-2008, 03:29 AM
just got my season tickets today...for the straw hat players at msum my oh my do they have a cast of characters this year (most of the stars hail from moorhead high SD ;)) seen jesus christ superstar tonight and i give it a ++++++++++++ they're doing grease in 5 weeks getcha popcorn ready