PDA

View Full Version : Get A Job....all 3.1% of you.

Go_Herd
06-10-2008, 02:03 PM
Shouldn't be too big of a suprise. We all know the Fargo job market is strong but it's always nice to see us ranked nationally. I still can't believe that unemployment in Fargo is only 3.1%.

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=204428&section=business&freebie_check&CFID=44708546&CFTOKEN=91203210&jsessionid=8830cc67f4f81655b5b6

Fargo area job market 4th in U.S.:biggrin:

The job market in the Fargo area is the fourth-strongest in the nation, according to a third-quarter 2008 employment survey released today by Manpower Inc., an international employment services company.

In the July through September survey, 53 percent of Fargo area companies interviewed plan to hire more employees, 3 percent expect to reduce payrolls and 44 percent expect to maintain current staffing levels, said Lora Schilz of Manpower’s Fargo office, 300 45th St. S.

“That would be consistent with what Fargo-Moorhead’s unemployment rate is,” said Michael Ziesch of North Dakota Job Service in Bismarck.

In April, the Fargo-Moorhead unemployment rate was 3.1 percent, slightly lower than the 3.3 percent state unemployment rate and considerably better than the 4.8 percent national unemployment rate.......Read More

tony
06-10-2008, 02:21 PM
Heck, doesn't everybody in Fargo already have two jobs? :)

SDbison
06-10-2008, 06:25 PM
Heck Tony, my first reaction when reading the title of this topic was why is Tony telling the top 3.1 percent of the posters on this board to quit posting so much and get a job. :D
Actually most of us have a job and should be doing more work rather than hanging around Bisonville during work hours (message especially to self).

TheBisonator
06-10-2008, 06:37 PM
I live in Fargo, and unfortunately for me, I'm currently one of the 3.1 percent. But I'm working my ass off to find a decent part-time job to have while I finish my stint at NDSU. I almost got a job I applied for on the first try. There's a few places that are currently expressing interest, and hopefully I'll be employed in the next few weeks. I'm so grateful that the F-M area is in a condition with such low unemployment and where places are always looking for new workers.