PDA

View Full Version : The Legend of LakesBison...how big can it get?

Blue
06-09-2008, 04:30 PM
As described by Go_Herd on the SDSU Board:

Lakesbison--you are not familiar with one of the greatest Bison posters of all time. Words cannot describe his greatness. It is rumored that he once singlehandly beat a group of 6th graders at outdoor nerf football. His throwing hand was broken, he only had one shoe on, and the 6th graders were somewhere between 6'4" and 6'7". Nevertheless, he was victorous winning 24-12. Oh and there might have been a tornado too, and the football field was measured in meters, which was hard for LakesBison because he doesn't know Spanish.

So if we can always count on him playing for the Bison if needed; plus he has the inside with Coach Bohl and Gene Taylor, so whenever we need him to play one phone call needs to be made.

Feel free to add to the legend of the Notorious One:D

TransAmBison
06-09-2008, 04:58 PM
That was some quality smack...

bisonmike2
06-09-2008, 05:06 PM
Go_Herd's description is pretty much dead on and one of the most hilarious things I have ever seen written. I don't think the legend really took off though until after he claimed to have started the chant "Lets Go Bison!" After that came out it was no holds barred on the Lakes ripping.

56BISON73
06-09-2008, 06:23 PM
Go_Herd's description is pretty much dead on and one of the most hilarious things I have ever seen written. I don't think the legend really took off though until after he claimed to have started the chant "Lets Go Bison!" After that came out it was no holds barred on the Lakes ripping.

I was even taken aback by that one. As a matter of fact I may not have responded to that one as everyone else was putting the hammer down.:D
PL

Go_Herd
06-09-2008, 06:32 PM
Someone didn't know who LakesBison was over on SDSUfans.com so I tried to describe him as best as possible. I think that I did a decent job adding to the legend of thee 'LakesBison'.

bisongirl
06-09-2008, 08:57 PM
99Bison told me that he saw thee lakesbison in a tv commercial during Fox news this weekend.

lakesbison
06-09-2008, 10:29 PM
*bows*.... I don't know why anyone doubts the "LETS GO BISON" cheer that I personally started at the Metrodome in 2006. its buried on a thread somewhere here on bisonville.

Lets see... the 2007 Bison-Gopher game we were interviewed by WCCO, and put in the pioneer press. so yea.. I'm THAT BIG OF A DEAL...

ps.-- I had tendinitis that day in my elbow, which makes that accomplishment that much better!

TheBisonator
06-09-2008, 10:46 PM
*bows*.... I don't know why anyone doubts the "LETS GO BISON" cheer that I personally started at the Metrodome in 2007. its buried on a thread somewhere here on bisonville.

Lets see... the 2008 Bison-Gopher game we were interviewed by WCCO, and put in the pioneer press. so yea.. I'm THAT BIG OF A DEAL...

ps.-- I had tendinitis that day in my elbow, which makes that accomplishment that much better!

Ah yes... The "Lets Go Bison" chant that was invented waaaaaay back in 2007. I must've hallucinated the memories of cheering that at basketball games back in 2003. And other alums on here cheering it in the 70's and 80's?? Just a lie.

And of course, let's not forget the 2008 Bison-Gopher football game...

lakesbison
06-09-2008, 11:01 PM
Oh No... 2006 metrodome vs the Gophers was the FIRST TIME it was FULLY IMPLEMENTED AS THE DOMINANT CHEER..

or the "COOL" cheer... oh yea.. cheers have come and gone.. but LAKESBISON made that one "COOL"

aces1180
06-09-2008, 11:11 PM
Oh No... 2006 metrodome vs the Gophers was the FIRST TIME it was FULLY IMPLEMENTED AS THE DOMINANT CHEER..

or the "COOL" cheer... oh yea.. cheers have come and gone.. but LAKESBISON made that one "COOL"

What a bunch of shit...I wish my bank account was as big as your ego, because I would be a billionaire.

Mr. Burgundy
06-10-2008, 12:11 PM
I invented the "Sioux Suck" chant with B1SON and Silk when we were in 2nd grade at the BSA. We are kind of a big deal.

Bison Dan
06-10-2008, 12:33 PM
I invented the "Sioux Suck" chant with B1SON and Silk when we were in 2nd grade at the BSA. We are kind of a big deal.

I think that was first said by General Custer - the original sioux hater!!

TransAmBison
06-10-2008, 12:41 PM
I invented the word "Suck" so that the Firetrucks could have something to be good at. I am also kind of a big deal.

aces1180
06-10-2008, 01:04 PM
I can one-up you all...I invented the modern alphabet by writing on caves.

TransAmBison
06-10-2008, 01:24 PM
I can one-up you all...I invented the modern alphabet by writing on caves.
I carved out caves with my bare hands.

aces1180
06-10-2008, 01:35 PM
I carved out caves with my bare hands.

Touche...Except you may have forgotten that I was the first human to have thumbs.

TheBisonator
06-10-2008, 06:42 PM
I am the lord and creater of the Universe.

(There, I win.)

TransAmBison
06-10-2008, 07:00 PM
I am the lord and creater of the Universe.

(There, I win.)
The Legend of LakesBison is bigger than the Universe.

wilson
06-10-2008, 07:15 PM
I created lakesbison :|

bisongirl
06-10-2008, 07:37 PM
I created lakesbison :|

Is that really something you wanted to admit??? :hide:

TbonZach
06-10-2008, 07:53 PM
This is what this thread reminds me of. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSQeMBzHR0o)

*No rickroll, I promise

onbison09
06-10-2008, 09:19 PM
This is what this thread reminds me of. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSQeMBzHR0o)

*No rickroll, I promise
That's a pretty good description. Rep to you.

d3boys
06-10-2008, 11:37 PM
when i was at the games in the 70sand 80s
was the lets go bison cheer silent or what

bisonmike2
06-11-2008, 01:36 PM
when i was at the games in the 70sand 80s
was the lets go bison cheer silent or what

It was always there but mixed up and out of order.

B-ison......Let's <clap> <clap> go! <clap> Go, lets...........Bis-on<clap> <clap>!

It wasn't until the great cheer vison of 2006 where Lakes put it all together and got the timing down. He then shared his vision with the Bison faithful at the Bison/Gophers 2006. Cheering at a Bison game has forever changed since that fateful day.

Let's Go Bi-son! <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> Let's Go Bi-son!

Blue
06-11-2008, 01:43 PM
It is rumored that after lakes dropped 100,000 on the Gophers winning the 1999 Sun Bowl, his tears after the game solved the problem of the potential Y2K bug.

onbison09
06-11-2008, 08:03 PM
Lakes also wrote the lyrics to "On the Plains"

GradBison
06-11-2008, 08:24 PM
Would someone well connected ask lakes to do something about this rain? It's getting ridiculous!

sambini
06-12-2008, 12:39 AM
Can he get the sun to shine also...

Go_Herd
06-12-2008, 01:04 AM
Can he get the sun to shine also...

I believe it's only from the West. Thats why the sun rises in the East due to the shear awesomeness of Lakes in the West

Wacker_in_the_Hall
06-12-2008, 02:35 AM
This thread is gay

56BISON73
06-12-2008, 02:45 AM
This thread is gay

So that means Lakes is-----------:D PL

Herd80
06-12-2008, 02:05 PM
I believe you may be on to something. Lakes is so legendary he is the only one that can use the word "p--ssies" in a thread title describing another school(thereby embarrassing most members of a site), and nobody suggests he does these things to overcome a legendary case of SMS.

TransAmBison
06-12-2008, 02:11 PM
I think teaming Wacker and Lakes for Teammakers golf would make for an excellent reality tv show. Somehow I see Wacker having no sense of humor for Lakes antics, and I see Lakes not caring one bit. Great tv. I'll make sure to bring it up at the next Bison Super Fans meeting. DA BISON!

Blue
06-12-2008, 05:36 PM
Lakes once drove a 435 yard Par 4 in one... by throwing the ball into a 40 MPH headwind with T. Woods watching.

bisonmike2
06-12-2008, 05:46 PM
This thread is gay

Which is okay b/c God originally was against homosexuality but then Lakes said to him, "God, chill out, if a guy wants dude on dude action, let him have it." And God was then cool with this.

However, it's unsure why Lakes said this to God in the first place.:confused:

TransAmBison
06-12-2008, 05:58 PM
Actually, I think Wacker noticed that this thread was quite interested in "The HoDo" thread. Since both threads are the same sex, he logically concluded the thread was gay. Or, he just thought the thread was a happy thread. I think it is homosexual myself, after it practically through itself at the "Library" thread. :D

TbonZach
07-30-2008, 05:25 AM
BUMP

I heard Chuck Norris wears Lakes underwear. Also Chuck Norris doesn't have a chin under his beard - he has Lakes.

sambini
07-30-2008, 06:31 PM
Lakes is a Legend. When are the tshirts, caps, action figures, and autograph pictures of Lakes and OJ going on Ebay?

UTH
07-30-2008, 10:03 PM
Lakes is a Legend. When are the tshirts, caps, action figures, and autograph pictures of Lakes and OJ going on Ebay?

You mean you don't have yours yet? Get with the jiggy!

sambini
07-31-2008, 12:17 AM
You mean you don't have yours yet? Get with the jiggy!
Dam I missed them.....

Bisonfan1
08-04-2008, 03:27 AM
WELL, I had "BRUNCH WITH BOHL TODAY" and he said .................

WYOBISONMAN
08-06-2008, 05:39 PM
The Governor called me up today to see if I was OK with the raise that Bohl got....:D

met1990
08-29-2008, 02:34 PM
It sounds like LakesBison added to the legend on Thursday?...

runtheoption
08-29-2008, 04:50 PM
The Governor called me up today to see if I was OK with the raise that Bohl got....:D

Speaking of the Governor, Hoeven appeared in the NE corner of the Dome at field level with less than 5 minutes to play in the game. I figured he probably drove down from GF after appearing at their "1st DI game", and he would be able to see the Bison in action too...he and his entourage probably didn't expect the Bison game to be done in 2 hours, 20 minutes.

NorthernBison
08-29-2008, 05:10 PM
A friend of mine talked to him at the beginning of the second half in the concourse behind the South endzone. They watched Heck's TD on the video screen and chatted a bit. I don't know if he was in Grand Forks but he couldn't have spent much time there.

CarringtonBison
08-29-2008, 05:39 PM
Speaking of the Governor, Hoeven appeared in the NE corner of the Dome at field level with less than 5 minutes to play in the game. I figured he probably drove down from GF after appearing at their "1st DI game", and he would be able to see the Bison in action too...he and his entourage probably didn't expect the Bison game to be done in 2 hours, 20 minutes.

I talked to the governor before the game. He was there for the entire game. Gave a nice "go bison" pep talk beforehand.

Also, did everyone see my daughter take out the game ball to the refs!! She did great. She is a huge bison fan and this was the night of her life.

cbline
08-29-2008, 05:41 PM

John McCain called Lakes during the Bison-AP game at halftime to get his final approval on the VP choice. That's why Lakes had to head to the parking lot.

lakesbison
08-29-2008, 06:49 PM
HUMMER STRETCH LIMO WAS AMAZING.. HOW DO I POST PICS??!

before the game the Austin Peay president stopped by our tailgate spot, I told him if AP won, he was going on the LIMO with us all night.

he shook my hand on the bet!

Oh god... last night was a riot, gotta love NDSU tailgating,, beautiful ladies everywhere!!!

runtheoption
08-29-2008, 07:18 PM
NorthernBison and CarringtonBison, I stand corrected. Is Hoeven a Bison fan, or is he just doing this stuff more as a job duty?

I seem to remember him being excited/happy after we beat Montana and Minnesota.

CarringtonBison
08-29-2008, 07:33 PM
NorthernBison and CarringtonBison, I stand corrected. Is Hoeven a Bison fan, or is he just doing this stuff more as a job duty?

I seem to remember him being excited/happy after we beat Montana and Minnesota.

He was pretty pumped up before the game, leading the crowd of folks in a "GO BISON" chant several times. I would assume that he is "bipartisan" though. However, that being said-where was he on the night of the first D1 game for the U?? ;)

Civil06
08-29-2008, 07:37 PM
I saw him at half time just walking around by himself. Kind of neat when you bump into someone in a crowd and it turns out to be the Governor.

TransAmBison
08-29-2008, 07:45 PM
I think it is funny that a thread about Lakes has been derailed and is now about the Governor. Isn't it ironic, don't you think? Maybe it is just foreshadowing the future...Governor Lakes?

NorthernBison
08-29-2008, 08:59 PM
I think it is funny that a thread about Lakes has been derailed and is now about the Governor. Isn't it ironic, don't you think? Maybe it is just foreshadowing the future...Governor Lakes?

Minnesota has a history..... you KNOW what I'm TALKING about.

TheBisonator
08-30-2008, 12:13 AM
I talked to the governor before the game. He was there for the entire game. Gave a nice "go bison" pep talk beforehand.

Also, did everyone see my daughter take out the game ball to the refs!! She did great. She is a huge bison fan and this was the night of her life.

Was that your daughter?? That's so awesome!! In the student section, we were mildly cheering her until the AP players came out on the field and then we switched to all booing, then my friend next to me said, "That poor little girl probably thinks we're booing her!!"

Our boos weren't directed at her, honest.:blush:

BlueBisonRock
08-30-2008, 03:49 AM

That is great. For us and for her. Next time, let Bisonville know so we can kick up the excitement level and show support for the daughter of a peer!

Tatanka
08-30-2008, 09:38 PM
That is great. For us and for her. Next time, let Bisonville know so we can kick up the excitement level and show support for the daughter of a peer!
My daughter got to do this last year vs SUU, but we didn't know she'd be picked until we were in the FFD... either way, she had a great time!!!

CarringtonBison
08-31-2008, 04:34 AM
My daughter got to do this last year vs SUU, but we didn't know she'd be picked until we were in the FFD... either way, she had a great time!!!

we didn't know until two hours before the game either. Just picked her out of the crowd and asked her.

She didn't even hear the boos (neither did I actually). She was on cloud 9!

lakesbison
08-31-2008, 04:24 PM
i love this thread

TheDoctor
08-31-2008, 08:27 PM
we didn't know until two hours before the game either. Just picked her out of the crowd and asked her.

She didn't even hear the boos (neither did I actually). She was on cloud 9!

That was my dad she handed the ball too. Very cool. You should be a proud papa! ;)

mebisonII
09-03-2008, 04:52 PM
All this about lakes is nice, but you know lakesbison wears UNDThunderingHerd pajamas.

*mebison declares himself a super-delegate for the UTH-for-McFeely-Award campaign*

A1pigskin
09-03-2008, 06:01 PM
This is funny stuff. This reminds me of Al Gore saying he invented the internet. I could really care less who founded or started "Let's Go Bison". I did lose my voice at the Gopher game screaming it as I'm sure we all did. But it was all out of necessity.

UTH
09-03-2008, 06:05 PM
This is funny stuff. This reminds me of Al Gore saying he invented the internet. I could really care less who founded or started "Let's Go Bison". I did lose my voice at the Gopher game screaming it as I'm sure we all did. But it was all out of necessity.

Setting the story straight...

Lakes started the "Let's Go Bison" thing at games because he overheard Joe Chapman and me talking about it at the old President's House the week before (my sources tell me that he was peeking in the dining room window during our meeting).

*if this post annoyed you, please click the link in the signature below and vote accordingly...

bisonmike2
09-03-2008, 06:26 PM
Setting the story straight...

Lakes started the "Let's Go Bison" thing at games because he overheard Joe Chapman and me talking about it at the old President's House the week before (my sources tell me that he was peeking in the dining room window during our meeting).

*if this post annoyed you, please click the link in the signature below and vote accordingly...

Speaking of the President's house. Do you know why NDSU had to build a new presidents house? Lakes, being the super fan that he is, is best buds with Dr. Chapman. Joe has let Lakes party there on the weekends. Well it turns out there is not structure known to man that can withstand weeks of Lakes partying and the house was deemed structually unsound. Lakes will not be allowed in the new residence.

UTH
09-03-2008, 06:51 PM
Speaking of the President's house. Do you know why NDSU had to build a new presidents house? Lakes, being the super fan that he is, is best buds with Dr. Chapman. Joe has let Lakes party there on the weekends. Well it turns out there is not structure known to man that can withstand weeks of Lakes partying and the house was deemed structually unsound. Lakes will not be allowed in the new residence.

I know not this Lakes of whom you speak. He is not here today. There can be only one.

mebisonII
09-03-2008, 06:56 PM

That is actually true. But of course, Lakes wouldn't be able to party there if Dr. Chapman wasn't hanging out every weekend at the home of bisonville's own UNDThunderingHerd.

roadwarrior
09-03-2008, 07:13 PM
UTH, I think it's impossible to build a McFeely-like reputation in a single day.

UTH
09-03-2008, 07:21 PM
UTH, I think it's impossible to build a McFeely-like reputation in a single day.

Working on it! http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/Smilies/dancingsmilies.gif

fargocyclone
09-03-2008, 07:34 PM

He's gotten pretty darn close!

UTH
09-03-2008, 07:44 PM
He's gotten pretty darn close!

But still being outdone by more than a 4:1 margin.:banghead: The voter apathy in today's society is boggling my mind. There have got to be well over 100 members who visit Bisonville on any given day, and only 51 choose to vote? Iit takes only 3 clicks of the left mouse button to vote. I'm sure that if we were to hear from the silent majority here (come on, people, pleeease?), this would be much more fun (for me, anyway). Also, at any given point in time, it seems that there are between 30 and 100 'Guests' visiting Bisonville. It takes just 5 - 10 minutes to register and vote.

Be a part of something great and vote UTH!!!