PDA

View Full Version : Oakland Recruiting!

Swat_Team10
06-07-2008, 03:46 AM
On the web tonight and www.hoopmasters.com has a release on a 7'0" 250 serbian native that has signed to play for the Grizzlies. Sounds like he initially signed with Pac 10 Oregon State, however had a change of heart after the firing of the staff. I have to imagine with the returning stud PG they have, nice returning core group, and this kid now...I hate to say it, but they may be favored to win the Summit!

silkamilkamonico
06-07-2008, 05:13 AM
This dude isn't even their highest rated recruit. They got 3 top 10 positional players in the state of Michigan (or something to that affect), and another player. Great class for a Summit team. Will be interesting to see how it plays out on the court for the next few years though.

Jdubs21
06-07-2008, 08:21 AM
we also got some studs comin in and so many returning...i think we're the favorite! :)

BisonBlogger
06-07-2008, 03:45 PM
In many ways, the Oakland team because of how they match up with the Big Three of NDSU cause me the most concern. Our strenghts are their strengths because of their three perimeter players Jones, Kangas and Nelson. Here were the results last season for the two game match ups:

Jones 42 Points - Woodside 25 Points
Note: The Bison had no real success in stopping Jones who could get into the paint and score at will. Master of the tear drop.
Kangas 18 Points - Nelson 42 Points
Note: Kangas did not play at the BSA but did hit two 25 Ft. Buzzer Beaters in Oakland with his last shot being the game winner. Probably the best clutch shooter in the conference.
Nelson 26 Points - Winkleman 29 Points
Note: Outside of George Hill, Nelson may be the best slasher in the conference. Very strong. No one on the Bison had much luck stopping him going to the basket.

It would not surprise me to see Oakland and NDSU play for the tournament championship. It would be a great, great game if it happens.

X-Factor
06-07-2008, 10:45 PM
Oakland is definitely in good shape for next season. But so is NDSU. With the schedule Saul is putting up I really like our chances of getting a respectable seed in the top 65. Just a couple of good bounces would have been the difference between going 0-2 and 2-0 against Oakland last season. Between Oakland, NDSU, IUPUI, and maybe even ORU, the conf should be a slugfest. One of those 4 teams will be dancing next fall, the rest of the conference just has to watch and wait it out for another year.

RunDMc34
06-09-2008, 01:22 PM
Oakland's class is for sure top notch, but with anything we will just have to see if actually leads to any real results on the court. And the impact they will have this next year probably wont be that big, though I could be totally wrong.

As for this being a 4 team race I saw thats kinda short sited. Way too many times in a conference tournament setting does the 5 -7th typically best team in the conference end up winning the tournament. Im sure the people in those conferences thought that they had no shot either. Thats the beauty and the crappy part of the conference tourney we could lose 5 games all season and if one is in the conference tourney we arent going to the big dance.

Leobrn12
06-10-2008, 08:31 PM
We also singed a guy today that transfered from St. Johns a big east school, he wont play next year but will have two more years left, his name is Larry Wright. He averaged 9.1 PPG and 18.9 minutes while shooting 40% behind the Arc. Cant wait to see you guys at our gym next year should be a great game!

d3boys
06-10-2008, 11:42 PM
We also singed a guy today that transfered from St. Johns a big east school, he wont play next year but will have two more years left, his name is Larry Wright. He averaged 9.1 PPG and 18.9 minutes while shooting 40% behind the Arc. Cant wait to see you guys at our gym next year should be a great game!

good luck leo
always good to get transfers from major conferences like that
hope they turn out